briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What IF you got pregnant?

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I thought this would be an interesting little topic. :D

Basically, if you found out you were pregnant at this moment (and you ultimately decided to keep the child), how would your situation be?
Even if you have an IUD, tubes tied, went through menopause.. just for the sake of this topic (to make it more interesting), haha... what if you found out you were with child?

Would you be depressed? Happy? Scared?
Feel as if you were way too old or too young? Children are too far apart or too close in age?
Would you need to move to a bigger/better house?
Go from a SAHM to a working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs?
Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them)
Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc)
Would your family suffer financially? Could it be doable or would it be no big deal?

And any other little things you guys can think of that you'd like to include..

*I will come back when my toddler is down for a nap and the dishes are washed and will write my "what if" situation.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Re: What IF you got pregnant?

Unread post by Confusedchick127 »

I think I would flip and be very scared! My daughter is only 5 months old..way way way too soon for another. I would prefer to wait until my daughter is 2 or 3 when I ttc another. I don't want anything sooner and risk not getting my vbac if I can help it.
Right now with my daughter we are just about making ends meet. One of us would need a second job and even then I would still be nervous about making ends meet. We talked about even now moving in with our parents to save more money (We want to buy a house in the next year or 2). I ideally want to have a bigger place and some more money saved before another comes along. I have no idea how I would honestly be happy and make it work. That being said, I would never consider terminating or adoption. No problem to anybody who chooses that route, I could just never see myself doing that.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Would you be depressed? Happy? Scared? I'd be super happy, because my hubby and I have been "trying" but not trying. Although if it happened at this very second I would wonder how, considering with his work and how busy he's been (literally at work all night and asleep all day the past few days, and busy with our home business many other days), we haven't BDed since Christmas and I'm on my period right now :lol:
Feel as if you were way too old or too young? Children are too far apart or too close in age? I'd feel I was about the right age...I'm 25. And this would be our first kid.
Would you need to move to a bigger/better house? Nope, 4 bedrooms!
Go from a SAHM to a working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs? Hubby makes $70K/year (roughly) and pretty much says I can work "if I want to," but would ultimately want me to be home with the kids, which is totally fine.
Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them) Nope, already took care of that back in 2012. Hubby owns our house. :)
Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc) Not really, no.
Would your family suffer financially? Could it be doable or would it be no big deal? Like I said, $70K/year, and he's very frugal when it comes to spending money, so if anything our kids would be thrift-store clothes wearers and play with toys from there and all (along with the inevitable new stuff they'd get too).
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by old_soul_here »

I would be very worried, partner just got a new job, and we have a 3 month trial period here. But I would still be thrilled my son is two and I would love another baby. My best friend is due March, then another friend in Feb, one in April.
But it would mean I couldn't dance competitively for a year or so, and it would take me a while to get back to form afterwards.
I am a stay at home mum when Im not dancing so not much would change on that front. We don't own our house but wouldn't need to move since recommendations are you room share for 18months anyway. Owning a house isn't a priority for us as we won't be able to afford it for a long time house prices in our area are astronomical a two bed is 700k, for a three bed, which is what we would need min, is a 1mil or 1.5mil easily.
But man I would love another baby.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I would be happy with the exception of two things:

1. scared - because I have an IUD, making my chance of miscarriage about 50% :(

BUT assuming I did not miscarry and the IUD was removed successfully:

2. worried about finances and timing - because in about two or three months I'm moving halfway across the country, and will not have a job.

However, my husband will be working from home and we could make it on his salary for a little while, so it would be okay. It might be a pain in the ass to change doctors and stuff but overall I'd be really happy. I'm at the point where I am wanting a child SOON, like in 2015 or 2016, and if it happened a little earlier I'd have absolutely no problem with that.

I would want to stay home with the kid. I would stay at my job until I moved and then probably not get another job until the kid was at least a year old. Or maybe I'd get a part-time/seasonal job and work up until I gave birth. But I definitely would want to take a lot of time off after the baby was born. We plan on moving into a 3br/2ba rental house so space wouldn't be a concern.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

- Honestly I'd be SCARED. I'm an extremely young mother as is & I shouldn't bring another child into this world unless I'm better prepared financially. It wouldn't be fair for the little girl I have now. That being said I could never get an abortion as it just isn't something I PERSONALLY could live with, nor do I believe I could adopt out knowing my child is with another family. I'd have to just pull through & manage.

Feel as if you were too old or too young?
- MUCH too young to have another child at my age IMO. That's why I'm on a reliable method of birth control.

Children are too far apart or too close in age?
- Too close. LO is currently only 6 months old.

- Both. I'm living with family as of now & it isn't right. SO & I should be self sustained.

Go from SAHM to working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs?
- I am a SAHM right now besides my obligation to school, but I feel like I'd have to get 2 jobs, to pull my weight & not be a moocher.

Would you have to move out of your parents?
- Yes; I don't really like my living situation as is.

Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born?
- Get an income.

Would your family suffer financially? Could it be doable or would it be no big deal?
- I think it'd be doable, but I want us to live very comfortably. I will admit I love luxuries so with two I'd be double the spending for necessities such as food & drink, clothing, etc. instead of "something nice". I also have a LOT of years of schooling ahead of me toward my career that wouldn't be bad with my one, but a struggle with two.

The biggest reason most of the YT moms piss me off is because they think that their children will be forever babies & never grow. Newsflash: they do. Not only that but they cost MORE as they age. While you're (general you) TTC number 2, 3, 7, your previous children are getting bigger & will be needing more. Maybe you're comfortable living under GA, without an education because you dropped out, inside a shitty little rundown home, & barely scraping by but that isn't for me. Sorry. I love to give my child everything she wants & more, not a bare minimum.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I would be not so happy. Regardless, I would be happy but being pregnant is just something I wouldn't want right now (I would definitely keep the child though). Our baby fever is high right now since my sister-in-law just had her daughter, but we know we defiantly don't want another one right now. Our daughter is 2 months away from being 3 years old, so not too bad of an age difference. But we were aiming for 8 years apart, so another 5ish years of being baby less... and in those 5 years we have lots of plans....buying a house this year or next year, marriage at the end of 2017 and THEN in 2018 when we're 26 (sounds so long) we were going to ttc. We plan ahead can't you tell, haha.

Somewhat. We live in a 2 bedroom rent house. It's small but ok, like a small cottage. But as soon as finding out I'm pregnant we'd be looking to buy a house (which may be hard since we just bought a new car in November). I don't mind living where I do with a newborn, small child and another adult but don't want to be living here when the children are 6 and 3 years old.

I'm currently a SAHM and don't think I'd need to get a job or hubby to get a 2nd one. We're pretty low key/low maintenance. His whole family is surprised I'm a SAHM. I guess I'm just really frugal.

Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc)
The only thing is to buy a house, but that may be hard. But still will be somewhat rushed.

It would be doable, because like I said earlier frugalness courses through my veins.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I would be thrilled. It would be a complete miracle because it took us about 3 years collectively to conceive our 2 children. And we are religious about contraception.

We're stable, both financially and relationship wise. My kids are both at school so it would be like the first time again. Plenty of time to enjoy baby.

A little worried because I did suffer some health issues last time which potentially could cause problems in any future pregnancies. A little worried too because I'm kind of old to be having a baby although many women are older. I just kind of feel my body has done all it can in that department without things starting to go wrong.

We agreed together not to have any more but I know my husband would be secretly thrilled too. He adores babies and kids.

We'd both be a little shocked in that we are pretty convinced that our baby days are long behind us but it would be like winning the lotto. Completely unexpected and unplanned for but completely welcome. Oh my god, more school fees!!!!!
ilovecatsxD
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ilovecatsxD »

Well, Im an 18yo full time college student and jobless, my bf as well. So I would be scared and depressed.
Feel as if you were too old or too young?
Way too young, i feel like id fail as a parent.
I would stay with my parents since my MIL did say if I ever got pregnant she will NOT support her son and I.
Go from a SAHM to a working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs? My bf and I would have to quit school and get multiple jobs to afford the baby, 2 german shepherds, living expenses ,etc.
Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them)? HAHA! NO. We would not make it lol
Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc) I wouldnt get married with my bf just because I got pregant. He also has a car so thats good haha
We would suffer financially.

Sorry if this is all over the place, im on my phone
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

old_soul_here wrote:I would be very worried, partner just got a new job, and we have a 3 month trial period here. But I would still be thrilled my son is two and I would love another baby. My best friend is due March, then another friend in Feb, one in April.
But it would mean I couldn't dance competitively for a year or so, and it would take me a while to get back to form afterwards.
I am a stay at home mum when Im not dancing so not much would change on that front. We don't own our house but wouldn't need to move since recommendations are you room share for 18months anyway. Owning a house isn't a priority for us as we won't be able to afford it for a long time house prices in our area are astronomical a two bed is 700k, for a three bed, which is what we would need min, is a 1mil or 1.5mil easily.
But man I would love another baby.
Holy crap where do you live?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I would be all over the place. My baby fever is surging lately so I would be thrilled, but at the same time it would be challenging. My boyfriend on the other hand would freak the fuck out. He is not ready yet and I'm okay with that. He is in a great place where he would be ready if he had to be, but he is not at a point where he is ready for kids on purpose. He would probably go into a major panic and have a breakdown but eventually coming around and being a great dad. Hopefully that never comes to be - I take my birth control religiously and we avoid sex around ovulation. (I am on the mini pill)

Feel as if you were way too old or too young? Children are too far apart or too close in age?
He is too young (he's 23) but I don't think I am especially considering I already have two. I will be 28 in April. My oldest turns 9 in May and my youngest turned 3 in November so the age gap wouldn't be too bad but I'm aiming for a couple more years.

We would definitely need a bigger house and to move in together which wouldn't be a problem - I see us taking this step this year anyway. I would want a different job because of my hours, but again, I am looking to do that this year anyway. He gets quarterly raises and will be getting a promotion this year also, so financially we would be doing okay.

Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them)
Yes. I pay rent and bills but my boyfriend and I could not live here together with her of we'd lose it. We'd get our own place.

Not really. We might get engaged/married but I see that happening anyway.

I'm not worried about the financial aspects, just the mental, physical, and emotional ones.
#FreeBen
MommyToASweetie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommyToASweetie »

Oh gosh, I would be super scared if I got pregnant right now, my daughter is only 10 months old, and I don't want a kid for another 5-8 years at least considering im still in my second year of college.
I would (hopefully) continue my life as best I can, I really do not want to take off any time from school, and my dancing/choreographing job really does bring in decent money and I love my job so much. I would probably have to lessen my course load and take a few weeks off dance teaching though.
Finances wouldn't be an issue, my fiancé works in his dads company which is quite huge and it brings in great money.
Room wouldn't be an issue- we have a 3 bedroom(4 if needed since we do have a really huge storage room thing that could be used if needed)

Mostly the issue would be im not ready at all at this moment. I would like to finish school, get my career straightened out and get married before even thinking about another.
#FreeBen #FreeGlen
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

Would you be depressed? Happy? Scared? I would be soooo happy! But, probably a little scared. I want another baby so badly, but my daughter just turned 1 so the plan is to wait until she is 2/3 to try for another.

Feel as if you were way too old or too young? Children are too far apart or too close in age? I am 25, so not too young, not too old. Hubby is 29. If I got pregnant now I feel they would be too close in age. They would be 2 years apart.

Would you need to move to a bigger/better house? Nope, we own our own home, and it is 3/4 bedrooms.

Go from a SAHM to a working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs? I would stay working as I am now.

Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them) N/A

Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc) Nope. Not really.

Would your family suffer financially? Could it be doable or would it be no big deal? Maybe a little. Hubby went back to school and is only working part time. With my income though we have everything we need and want... with another baby we might not have to much "free" money but we would be fine as far as bills, and diapers, and important stuff.
iloveeeecheeesee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iloveeeecheeesee »

I would be thrilled! But then I would worry about money and that I don't think me or my husband are ready. My husband is in the military and we live on base for free with two extra rooms; no worrying about not enough space or losing his job. We'd get free daycare but I'd probably be a stay at home mom because I've always wanted to be a mother. I think we'd have hardly any extra money for things we want, but we'd be okay.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

I would be a little scared, just because I AM young.
But I know that my significant other would completely support and help, I know he wouldn't be a deadbeat. He's gonna make a great father.

We would need a place of our own. And I would probably get married before the little one was born.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

I'm not with anyone, so I'd assume I'd be doing it alone. I live at home with my parents and have no money so I'd have to stay here. They wouldn't kick me out. My Mam would actually be happy I think, she's baby crazy. I couldn't do abortion (it's illegal here, but you can travel outside the country for one) and I don't think I'd be strong enough to do adoption, though I would think about it. I want to move out for college soon, I couldn't do that if I had a child. My household would not be a good one to bring a baby into. I have four younger siblings who curse and fight and are just really bold. My parents are really negative and just shout at them all the time which is probably why. They also drink too much at the weekends (like Friday night for example, they stayed up drinking until 5 or 6am) and I don't believe in being drunk around your kids it used to scare me when I was little. So I'd be striving to move out asap. I'd have to get welfare though, over here poor, single Mothers get tons of benefits. Down to getting vouchers to buy baby stuff. My extended family would be really disapointed though and look down on me for it. I'd end up like my cousins, who both live at home with their parents, live off them and have three kids between them. Basically my life would just be fucked.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

^^^^ you said abortion is illegal in your country, what do they do in cases of rape or incest?
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

ladybug wrote:^^^^ you said abortion is illegal in your country, what do they do in cases of rape or incest?
It's still illegal. It's only a 50 minute plane journey to England though so it's not hard to get one if you want one.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Would you be depressed? Happy? Scared? I would be scared. I wouldn't say depressed, but scared. I think I'd eventually calm down, but I'd be very scared and not really knowing how I could do it.
Feel as if you were way too old or too young? Children are too far apart or too close in age? I am definitely too young by my standards, I'm nearly 19. I know people have kids this young, but my plan is 24 years or older. I have no other kids but I live at home. I have a nearly 16 year old brother. A baby in the house full time would add to stress we're already going through.
Would you need to move to a bigger/better house? No. I'd still live at home, I can't afford to move out now without a roommate and I don't think I could find a roommate that would want a baby there (outside the father and right now, I'm not in relationship, so this would be if my birth control failed and I hooked up with a one night stand). My brother has been contemplating moving downstairs since it's like his own little man cave so the baby would go in his room I guess. If not, my room's big enough to fit a crib, most likely.
Go from a SAHM to a working mom? Or have to work 2 jobs? I would not be able to be at home mom. I'd have to become full time at work and cut back on classes. Probably have to take a semester off too.
Would you have to move out of your parents?(if living with them) Like I said before, I couldn't afford to move out. I know it'd cause a lot of drama here. My parents would not be able to handle a crying baby. So in between trying to pay for a baby, I'd probably be saving for my first place just because I don't think I could handle it.
Would there be any things you would rush to do before baby is born? (marriage, buy a car/house, get little one potty trained, etc) Save money and lots of it. Figure out whether or not to drop out of school all together or go part time, even though I'd end up having to pay full price. I only get a payment plan because I'm a full time student and I don't think I could work full time and go to school full time and take care of a baby.
Would your family suffer financially? Could it be doable or would it be no big deal? I would be screwed financially. Right now, my parents don't charge rent and pay my cell bill since it's a family plan, but I pay for my clothes and other luxuries. They've also told me if I got pregnant while living here, I'd be paying rent. So add that to my already small paycheck.

This is why I'm on birth control. Oh and if I got pregnant right now, I'd be calling the Enquirer to report myself as Virgin Mary#2.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

TaylorKnows wrote: Oh and if I got pregnant right now, I'd be calling the Enquirer to report myself as Virgin Mary#2.
This made me spew out my coffee :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
up all night, got demons to fight

Return to “Forum Games”