Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

OhReallyNow wrote:Wanted to share photos from my wedding since I am reliving it all with this page, haha.
I had black bridesmaids dresses and red shoes.
My shoes: Image

It was EXTREMELY rainy on my wedding day and at the last minute, I changed my mind about my hair and had her do these tighter curls so they would hold in the humidity lol

I made my own veil and wanted vintage inspired theme to my whole wedding. I also added a brooch that I made with white fabric flowers and vintage lace from a family member's dress.
Your wedding looked so nice.
I love the idea of black bridesmaids dresses and the whole vintage feel.

I'm torn between the red/black/white theme and rustic theme.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I wanna elope (not secretly though, just alone) at the Las Vegas sign and then get pics done at the Neon Boneyard. All I know is I want an ivory timeless vintage-y dress and maybe red shoes (because there's no place like home).
Flowers - pretty but no white roses
Cake - yummy.
Bridesmaids - 0. I don't really get along with girls. If my bf asked me to marry him and he wanted to have a best man, I have a friend who I'd ask to be my maid of honor.

I wanna throw an informal barbecue or something when we're back in town a no gifts celebration (not reception because the guests won't be at the wedding).

That's really the only things I know I want lol. Might seem like a reasonable amount but my second job is for our family business is doing weddings and I've been doing it since I was a sophomore in high school. I turn 28 on the 27th of next month haha. So I've seen it all in terms of weddings. The big wedding with a lot of people and costs a lot of money isn't for me. I feel pretty confident I can have a wedding more extravagant than what I want for under 5k.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Basically I want less formal than a traditional wedding but more formal than the courthouse haha.
#FreeBen
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

blackbettybamf wrote:Basically I want less formal than a traditional wedding but more formal than the courthouse haha.
Same. There is this place where I live that is like an old barn type thing that they use as a wedding venue. Depending on how it is decorated it can look either very country or very classic. If i do ever get married I would love to have it there.

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

We got married in an old manor on my parent's 34th anniversary. Some of my best friends got married the same day and we were suppose to be in each other's weddings but with my husband in the military, that was the only day we were promised. We also were able to go on a honeymoon because they granted him leave for a week.

My parents got married in an old antebellum home here in the South and I wanted the same, so not only getting married in an old manor but also their anniversary was so special.
Btw, my colors were red and black with a hint of ivory (my dress was ivory). Just a tip for anyone planning, but ivory and off white show up amazingly well in photos as opposed to straight white dresses. The details get lost in photos with pure white, lol. I do graphic design on the side and make a ton of save the dates and wedding invitation packages and the rustic theme is probably 75% or more of them.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HeyItsCourtney »

ORN is hot :o

http://i61.tinypic.com/4pypw7.jpg

Awkward, swollen hand photos. Lol

I love my rings. They're simple since I'm really not a jewelry person. The center stone is for my husband; sapphire is his birthstone. He has my birthstone (pink opal) on the inside of his wedding band for me.

Unread post by Guest »

blackbettybamf wrote:http://i58.tinypic.com/egvnex.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/8wfdp3.jpg

I adore this style dress.

I love the shoulders! I wanted something like this but it looked horrible on me. My hips are only flattering in a ballgown lol
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

You and I have similar taste.

I'm want something along the lines of this. Just less boobage and less sheer.. maybe longer sleeves.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

briannaspeaks wrote:

You and I have similar taste.

I'm want something along the lines of this. Just less boobage and less sheer.. maybe longer sleeves.
I really like this style too. My mum had something very similar to this. Perhaps I could steal hers?!

Unread post by Guest »

HeyItsCourtney wrote:ORN is hot :o

http://i61.tinypic.com/4pypw7.jpg

Awkward, swollen hand photos. Lol

I love my rings. They're simple since I'm really not a jewelry person. The center stone is for my husband; sapphire is his birthstone. He has my birthstone (pink opal) on the inside of his wedding band for me.

Oh you're too much! ;)

Your ring is gorgeous!! My dream ring has always been the sapphire that Princess Diana had. I've loved it since I was a small child and now look at the gorgeous Princess Kate's ring!

Unread post by Guest »

I wanted a dress like this but they were all so expensive

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Not that all tattoos look trashy in wedding dresses so nobody get their feelings hurt... I love tattoos and have 7 of them.

I have a back piece all planned out but I don't wanna get it until I'm married. Since my fam does weddings, I've seen it all. I remember one bride in particular who gave my mom some pics from her wedding to use at a bridal fair we do and OMG all her pics looked really trashy with her tattoos hanging out. Like I said, some people can totally pull it off but she couldn't and I worry that I would be one of those people haha
#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

I've seen you ladies and you're all very gorgeous!! Thanks for the sweet compliments though!
queenofhearts
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by queenofhearts »

tbh I don't really want my boyfriend to spend a lot on an engagement ring-- I'd rather him buy me something cheaper so that we could go on a longer/cooler honeymoon instead. A ring could always be upgraded later when we're in a better position to spend money.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HeyItsCourtney »

queenofhearts wrote:tbh I don't really want my boyfriend to spend a lot on an engagement ring-- I'd rather him buy me something cheaper so that we could go on a longer/cooler honeymoon instead. A ring could always be upgraded later when we're in a better position to spend money.
I feel the same way. My set was $60! Lol. I only requested real gold. I could care less about the stones.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry for double posting, nothing to see here!
Last edited by blackbetty on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^^^ my boyfriend and I always say that about a wedding lol we'd rather have an amazing honeymoon than an expensive wedding.
#FreeBen
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

blackbettybamf wrote:^^^ my boyfriend and I always say that about a wedding lol we'd rather have an amazing honeymoon than an expensive wedding.

Caleb and my main focus right now is somewhere to live AFTER we get married.
Why waste 10k on a wedding when we could use that money towards a house!?
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm glad I'm not one to want a big wedding or want special expensive little things.

A few months ago a friend of mine posted a facebook status saying how she hates not having a mom and dad to help pay for her wedding. And then went on to say that she wishes her mom was here (she passed), not to support her and help plan but, to help pay for it. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Return to “Wedding Planning”