• Advertisement

Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Re: Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Postby OhReallyNow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 am

We got married in an old manor on my parent's 34th anniversary. Some of my best friends got married the same day and we were suppose to be in each other's weddings but with my husband in the military, that was the only day we were promised. We also were able to go on a honeymoon because they granted him leave for a week.

My parents got married in an old antebellum home here in the South and I wanted the same, so not only getting married in an old manor but also their anniversary was so special.
Btw, my colors were red and black with a hint of ivory (my dress was ivory). Just a tip for anyone planning, but ivory and off white show up amazingly well in photos as opposed to straight white dresses. The details get lost in photos with pure white, lol. I do graphic design on the side and make a ton of save the dates and wedding invitation packages and the rustic theme is probably 75% or more of them.
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby HeyItsCourtney » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:36 am

ORN is hot :o

http://i61.tinypic.com/4pypw7.jpg

Awkward, swollen hand photos. Lol

I love my rings. They're simple since I'm really not a jewelry person. The center stone is for my husband; sapphire is his birthstone. He has my birthstone (pink opal) on the inside of his wedding band for me.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper

Postby OhReallyNow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:37 am

blackbettybamf wrote:http://i58.tinypic.com/egvnex.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/8wfdp3.jpg

I adore this style dress.

I love the shoulders! I wanted something like this but it looked horrible on me. My hips are only flattering in a ballgown lol
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby briannaspeaks » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 pm

You and I have similar taste.

I'm want something along the lines of this. Just less boobage and less sheer.. maybe longer sleeves.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
briannaspeaks
Gossiper

Postby Shameless » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:34 pm

briannaspeaks wrote:

You and I have similar taste.

I'm want something along the lines of this. Just less boobage and less sheer.. maybe longer sleeves.

I really like this style too. My mum had something very similar to this. Perhaps I could steal hers?!
Shameless
Amateur

Postby OhReallyNow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

HeyItsCourtney wrote:ORN is hot :o

http://i61.tinypic.com/4pypw7.jpg

Awkward, swollen hand photos. Lol

I love my rings. They're simple since I'm really not a jewelry person. The center stone is for my husband; sapphire is his birthstone. He has my birthstone (pink opal) on the inside of his wedding band for me.

Oh you're too much! ;)

Your ring is gorgeous!! My dream ring has always been the sapphire that Princess Diana had. I've loved it since I was a small child and now look at the gorgeous Princess Kate's ring!
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby OhReallyNow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:42 pm

I wanted a dress like this but they were all so expensive

OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Not that all tattoos look trashy in wedding dresses so nobody get their feelings hurt... I love tattoos and have 7 of them.

I have a back piece all planned out but I don't wanna get it until I'm married. Since my fam does weddings, I've seen it all. I remember one bride in particular who gave my mom some pics from her wedding to use at a bridal fair we do and OMG all her pics looked really trashy with her tattoos hanging out. Like I said, some people can totally pull it off but she couldn't and I worry that I would be one of those people haha
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper

Postby OhReallyNow » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:05 am

I've seen you ladies and you're all very gorgeous!! Thanks for the sweet compliments though!
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby queenofhearts » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 am

tbh I don't really want my boyfriend to spend a lot on an engagement ring-- I'd rather him buy me something cheaper so that we could go on a longer/cooler honeymoon instead. A ring could always be upgraded later when we're in a better position to spend money.
queenofhearts
Amateur

Postby HeyItsCourtney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:02 pm

queenofhearts wrote:tbh I don't really want my boyfriend to spend a lot on an engagement ring-- I'd rather him buy me something cheaper so that we could go on a longer/cooler honeymoon instead. A ring could always be upgraded later when we're in a better position to spend money.

I feel the same way. My set was $60! Lol. I only requested real gold. I could care less about the stones.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Sorry for double posting, nothing to see here!
Last edited by blackbetty on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:21 pm

^^^ my boyfriend and I always say that about a wedding lol we'd rather have an amazing honeymoon than an expensive wedding.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper

Postby whatsername_ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:18 pm

blackbettybamf wrote:^^^ my boyfriend and I always say that about a wedding lol we'd rather have an amazing honeymoon than an expensive wedding.

Caleb and my main focus right now is somewhere to live AFTER we get married.
Why waste 10k on a wedding when we could use that money towards a house!?
whatsername_

Postby briannaspeaks » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 am

I'm glad I'm not one to want a big wedding or want special expensive little things.

A few months ago a friend of mine posted a facebook status saying how she hates not having a mom and dad to help pay for her wedding. And then went on to say that she wishes her mom was here (she passed), not to support her and help plan but, to help pay for it. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
briannaspeaks
Gossiper

Postby HeyItsCourtney » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 am

briannaspeaks wrote:I'm glad I'm not one to want a big wedding or want special expensive little things.

A few months ago a friend of mine posted a facebook status saying how she hates not having a mom and dad to help pay for her wedding. And then went on to say that she wishes her mom was here (she passed), not to support her and help plan but, to help pay for it. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

That's really fucked up.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper

Postby ber614 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 am

queenofhearts wrote:tbh I don't really want my boyfriend to spend a lot on an engagement ring-- I'd rather him buy me something cheaper so that we could go on a longer/cooler honeymoon instead. A ring could always be upgraded later when we're in a better position to spend money.

I felt the same. I would rather have a great honeymoon than an expensive ring. My set is less than carat and only cost a couple hundred dollars. I like having a ring with smaller diamonds because it is subtle. I think big stones look really good on some people, but they are not for me. I wouldn't want a ring more than $1,000. I would make feel uncomfortable to have something that expensive on my body because I'd worry about losing it or it breaking. But in the future I might want the stones just a little bigger. Right now we have more important things to spend our money on.
ber614
Gossiper

Postby fossilfinger » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:07 pm

If I could do it over again, knowing what I know about diamonds, I never would have got a diamond engagement ring. I probably would have gone with either some other stone or just plain metal. My wedding ring set wasn't that expensive, I think the engagement ring was somewhere between $800-1000 and the band was under $300. I didn't want anything expensive and flashy. I feel like too many people want a huge diamond just to show it off. My ring is more "me".
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby tieruhhlynn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 pm

My sister was onve engaged to a man she had only been with for a month and he bought her an authentic Veragio diamond ring. It was one of the most beautifully done rings I had ever seen. She told me that it was around $10,000. She's trying to sell it now that she's with someone else though lol I'm married but we have yet to buy rings... I'd love to have one but I don't push the issue much since I know our budget is tight at the moment. My husband is in the military so we just had a quickie courthouse wedding. I love all these wedding ideas though! :) Maybe one day. *sigh*
tieruhhlynn
Informer

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 8

Postby OhReallyNow » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:37 pm

tieruhhlynn wrote:My sister was onve engaged to a man she had only been with for a month and he bought her an authentic Veragio diamond ring. It was one of the most beautifully done rings I had ever seen. She told me that it was around $10,000. She's trying to sell it now that she's with someone else though lol I'm married but we have yet to buy rings... I'd love to have one but I don't push the issue much since I know our budget is tight at the moment. My husband is in the military so we just had a quickie courthouse wedding. I love all these wedding ideas though! :) Maybe one day. *sigh*

What branch?
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby julieswan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 am

Hello, I am a mother and my family is the most important thing in my life and my daughter is going to get married. And I have some interesting advices and photos, which you can find here - http://wedding-retouching.com/ . So, I hope you will enjoy.
julieswan

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Wedding Planning