Off Topic Banter Part 7

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by blackbetty »

You live pretty far north, Cake, maybe there's somewhere around you that could get close to authentic? It's soooo good
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

In Canada. Lol. My cousin Derek was born in Montreal.
#FreeBen
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Well guys, I'm getting laid off. Basically our store is closing end of year and then the employees who stay til the end will help it close. I'm really sad. I've been here almost 11 months, my longest position yet.

I'll be job hunting and if I find something before the end of Jan, I'll give my 2 weeks. If not, I'll stay til the end and get my severance package.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

This is really the perfect time to get laid off. Lots of people will be hiring for seasonal help.
#FreeBen
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by placebo »

Could anyone give advice as to how to adjust to working schedule that randomly requires me to wake up from anything between 4am and 10am? I wake up early enough, but I get tired by the time it's 3pm, especially 4am mornings.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

That's actually how I got this job. I'm sure I'll find one, it's just sad. We're all truly like a family, as corny as it sounds. It'll be sad to say goodbye. Plus the store I work for is a store that was literally apart of my childhood, I went there often and have good memories. It'll be a big change to the town.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Medic wrote:Okay interesting, I have no idea what the rules are here for serving pregnant woman I think you can refuse them but I'm not sure.

For the ladies on here that aren't Canadian do you have these chocolates where you live? These four came in a big box for halloween chocolates but I'm eating them now lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411420863.345984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have all those in Ireland except Coffee Crisp. I love Mint Aero. When you look at the back of the packaging, where does it say they were made? Just curious because here stuff like Smarties and Aero are made in the UK.
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

I'll check when I put my son to bed :) gives me am excuse to eat more lol!

Wisdom teeth update for anyone that's curious. Had doc appointment on Monday and she wrote me a note for them to give me Toradol after for pain relief but for narcotics during the surgery just for them to lower the dose. It takes a year at least to get in to see an allergist here so can't do that considering surgery is less than 2 weeks.

Medic

Unread post by Medic »

MakeupGirly wrote:
Medic wrote:Okay interesting, I have no idea what the rules are here for serving pregnant woman I think you can refuse them but I'm not sure.

For the ladies on here that aren't Canadian do you have these chocolates where you live? These four came in a big box for halloween chocolates but I'm eating them now lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411420863.345984.jpg

We have all those in Ireland except Coffee Crisp. I love Mint Aero. When you look at the back of the packaging, where does it say they were made? Just curious because here stuff like Smarties and Aero are made in the UK.
They were all made in Canada I checked :) Made in the same province I'm living in too.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Need some puppy advice...Toby is 6 months old and ever since we've had him, he has repeatedly gone after our cats (2). The female doesn't take his shit, will swat/hiss/growl and has even drawn (minor) blood once. The male...not so much. He doesn't fight back at all, he just takes it, and I'm scared for him. It's lessened down since we had Toby neutered at the beginning of the month, but the incident this morning where our male yowled as loud as he could from downstairs (while I was upstairs asleep) has me shaken up. You see, Toby bites our (male) cat's neck/head occasionally, and I don't know if he's trying to kill him or what, but we generally discourage it if we see/hear it (which is usually every time). This morning at 5:30, apparently he went to do it again, but got away from the cat before I made it downstairs. (The cat is fine, BTW)

I've tried keeping Toby shut up in our room at night with us, but that keeps the cats out of our room - and they're used to being in there at night - plus our female scratches the carpet in front of our closed door, so our carpet has basically gone to shit...which is sort of OK since hubby owns our house, but not so much since...well, cat + claws + carpet don't mix. I absolutely refuse to have her declawed because if Toby were to go after her, she has no means of defending herself.

I just don't know what to do :\
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I give the fuck up.

Just found out I have to replace the seatbelts in my car to make it drivable and of course, all the parts it's going to take will cost me about $500 more than I anticipated which I don't have.
#FreeBen
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

jodilo88 wrote:Need some puppy advice...Toby is 6 months old and ever since we've had him, he has repeatedly gone after our cats (2). The female doesn't take his shit, will swat/hiss/growl and has even drawn (minor) blood once. The male...not so much. He doesn't fight back at all, he just takes it, and I'm scared for him. It's lessened down since we had Toby neutered at the beginning of the month, but the incident this morning where our male yowled as loud as he could from downstairs (while I was upstairs asleep) has me shaken up. You see, Toby bites our (male) cat's neck/head occasionally, and I don't know if he's trying to kill him or what, but we generally discourage it if we see/hear it (which is usually every time). This morning at 5:30, apparently he went to do it again, but got away from the cat before I made it downstairs. (The cat is fine, BTW)

I've tried keeping Toby shut up in our room at night with us, but that keeps the cats out of our room - and they're used to being in there at night - plus our female scratches the carpet in front of our closed door, so our carpet has basically gone to shit...which is sort of OK since hubby owns our house, but not so much since...well, cat + claws + carpet don't mix. I absolutely refuse to have her declawed because if Toby were to go after her, she has no means of defending herself.

Maybe get a spray bottle and spray him with water whenever he goes near the cats and acts mean?
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

blackbettybamf wrote:I give the fuck up.

Just found out I have to replace the seatbelts in my car to make it drivable and of course, all the parts it's going to take will cost me about $500 more than I anticipated which I don't have.
Holy shit. Could you call your bank and see if there's any way you could take out the money you need and pay a bit back every month or is it not worth it?

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I could prob take out a loan but with my current job I couldn't afford the payments as money is already tighter than I would like. I should be able to when I get a better job (which is why I need this vehicle fixed, so I can find one), but I don't know what I will be able to find so I can't really commit to something I'm not sure I can afford.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Btw I'm repairing it myself to save money cause I know quite a bit about cars and can't afford shop labor so I've already cut cost down as much as possible :/
#FreeBen
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Do you know any mechanics? All the men in my life (dad, stepdad, two best friends, etc.) are and they can get the parts for the cars dirt cheap even if its for their own personal use. Some places like oil change companies are the same their employees get discounts. If you know someone that is id ask them if they don't mind getting any parts for you. I wish i could help you more but i know nothing about cars. That or try kijiji for parts. Not sure if you guys have kijiji in the states its basically a huge online selling website. www.kijiji.ca its where all of my friends buy/sell their cars and ill probably be buying mine off of there too.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

My bro is doing the work that I cant. Gonna call salvage yards tomorrow and see if I can find seatbelts cheaper ugh. Just a setback I can't afford right now.
#FreeBen
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

hjl226 wrote:
jodilo88 wrote:Need some puppy advice...Toby is 6 months old and ever since we've had him, he has repeatedly gone after our cats (2). The female doesn't take his shit, will swat/hiss/growl and has even drawn (minor) blood once. The male...not so much. He doesn't fight back at all, he just takes it, and I'm scared for him. It's lessened down since we had Toby neutered at the beginning of the month, but the incident this morning where our male yowled as loud as he could from downstairs (while I was upstairs asleep) has me shaken up. You see, Toby bites our (male) cat's neck/head occasionally, and I don't know if he's trying to kill him or what, but we generally discourage it if we see/hear it (which is usually every time). This morning at 5:30, apparently he went to do it again, but got away from the cat before I made it downstairs. (The cat is fine, BTW)

Maybe get a spray bottle and spray him with water whenever he goes near the cats and acts mean?
Thanks, I'll try that :) Good thing it's payday tomorrow LOL :D Will report back with my findings :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Today is my birthday and I'm 22!! :) but it doesn't really seem like it lol
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

AuntieToABabyBoy:) wrote:Today is my birthday and I'm 22!! :) but it doesn't really seem like it lol
Happy Birthday! I always thought you were older :)

Return to “Off Topic Archive”