Has thanked: 0

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by blackbetty »

CAkey and I need GFMs for tattoo therapy
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Ooh...I'm up for the Lost tour!! No tatts for me though, I'm too vanilla.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Add Mathew Fox to the list. "We have to go back!!" Hot Doctor.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So jealous!
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

What does that even mean, Cake? Sometimes you have to fall before you can fly? Well...derrrrr. Are you a baby bird? No? Then you're never gonna fly. Sorry, not sorry. I can't stand tattoos that are supposed to be "meaningful". You can't fly. I can't fly. Most people getting Japanese tatts can't speak Japanese. Most people getting Japanese tatts don't understand what their Japanese tatts mean.

If you're going to do it, then get something that actually means something. Something like "My boyfriend is stupid for breaking up with me because I am actually a cool chick". That would make more sense to me. You are a cool chick. And your boyfriend is the loser here. He is missing out.

You didn't fall, you can't fly. The only thing you have learned from your boyfriend calling it quits is that he has really bad judgement. Don't insult yourself. It's his loss and his lesson, not yours.
thegooseiscooked

Oh.

Awkward.
thegooseiscooked

Moving on then...

Dirt and flower references....near your lady garden. Ewww. Just no.
thegooseiscooked

I'm gonna sound like ole Grandma Goose here again, but why do you feel the need to write every emotion you feel on your skin? Write it in a journal and be done with it. Wrinkly skin and tattoos = not sexy in later years.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Yue195 »

Slip slop slap and moisturise and you won't have to worry about wrinkly skin. I've had a couple of older ladies in their 60's come through with Tatts and they all say the same thing, sunscreen and eating healthy.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

To be fair, that wrinkly skin isn't going to be sexy with or without tattoos so IMO it's your body. Decorate it as you wish. As for placement, I'm not sure since I always struggle with placement but as long as it can't be covered so it doesn't interfere with your career, do it to it girl.
#FreeBen
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Cakey, I would consider getting that on your chest, near the collarbone. More so to the left or right, though, not directly in the middle. It depends on the font, size and how noticeable you want it.

I like the quote you chose.
whatsername_

thegooseiscooked wrote:I'm gonna sound like ole Grandma Goose here again, but why do you feel the need to write every emotion you feel on your skin? Write it in a journal and be done with it. Wrinkly skin and tattoos = not sexy in later years.

I dunno... I'm gonna be pretty sexy with decorated skin that has meaning to me.
The ink may fade, and my skin may wrinkle but the meaning isn't going to change.

Nothing wrong with what you're saying though. I'm normally the type to hate on impulse tattoos.

I considered mine for a few years before doing it, and I spent 3 years contemplating my nose piercing.
Its all personal preference.
whatsername_

This is what I mean, Cakes.
Obviously yours will be done better, not shakey and legible, but this placement is delicate, feminine and it won't interfere with your job.
Easily coverable, but also easily shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whatsername_

Hmm. Have you thought about possible ribcage?
I'm not sure if that's up your alley.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I've had one tattoo covered but I'd be happy to help if I can, Cakey.

Also I have a rib tattoo and i think it's cute. Supposedly it is a really painful area but I didn't think so.
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Never mind me, I'm drunk at 3,15 in the arvo.

Melbourne cup day. I'm probably being obnoxious and rude, I'll apologise tomorrow.
whatsername_

I'm itching for a new tattoo...
Only 18 more weeks until I could be cleared for one.
Eep.
whatsername_

Personal, but I think arms/hands should be off limits until absolutely necessary.

I think sleeves are beautiful, and I love script like that, but there's so much skin that can be tattooed that won't have any type of negative effect on getting a job.

Just a personal thing.
If that's what you choose though, I know it'll look great. :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really wish I had tattoo money right now! I have an idea a'brewin.
#FreeBen
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

I regret one I got small and hidden. The one I got before a hurricane with a tequila buzz. There is a guy out there with the match. Wonder what his wife thinks of his, much bigger? We were in love. Now I could care less. That wasn't love.
If it has meaning and you are sure do it. I get what Goose meant though. Old ladies here. Just scroll past.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”