Bonnie Hoellein

0katykate0
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein

Unread post by 0katykate0 »

I too get the vibe Bonnie might use parenting techniques that people might see as controversial... But it's working for her and her family and she ovbously stands behind it or else she wouldn't talk about it so frequently. I can respect that. I don't do babywise things because they wouldn't work for my son. But if baby number 2 is they type who could benefit from it then why not? There isn't one way to raise a kid because all kids are different. She's got plenty of kids and expierence under her belt, she knows what she's doing.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

I was recommended her surprise preg video and she reminds me of Ellie (her sister) enough to make me like her. I'm loving Ellie and Jared lately (and the daily bumps, GASP!).

I know this might sound weird, but my husband believes we can't afford more than 2 kids. & he's prob right, unless we want to take serious lifestyle hits. So I kinda get jealous of YTers who have so many kids. I wish I could too!
nickole6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nickole6 »

ohaudrey wrote:I was recommended her surprise preg video and she reminds me of Ellie (her sister) enough to make me like her. I'm loving Ellie and Jared lately (and the daily bumps, GASP!).

I know this might sound weird, but my husband believes we can't afford more than 2 kids. & he's prob right, unless we want to take serious lifestyle hits. So I kinda get jealous of YTers who have so many kids. I wish I could too!

Nooooo....nit the DailyBumps. They are the most selfish, uninspiring daily vloggers. I feel so bad for Ollie they feed him horrible and give him no attention for being at home allll the time.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

^ lol don't worry I've been on their thread and read it all. I still find them entertaining.
Ariasol
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ariasol »

Yeah, definitely not feeling her blanket training video. I think it makes her look controlling. If it works for her, cool. My kid can walk around freely at his peds. I just watch him. I just don't understand the thoughts that kids can only do as we say, when we say it, or else.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The more I watch, the more annoyed I get at her voice-- it's so fake, just like her face after she piles on all that makeup. Her daughters adorable, though. What's with her kids climbing all over the tables and kitchen counters? That's so bizarre and dangerous too. In one video they were walking on the counter , past a knife they were going to use to cut the bread. She's just fake laughing as she records it all- wtf?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Her transformation from bare face to full makeup is startling.

I still like her though. I don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Agree. I find her hubby really attractive, I'm guessing he met her with makeup on.
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

Hm I don't think Joel is very attractive personally. The way he talks especially bugs me. Out of Joel, Jared, and Matt... I think Jared's the most attractive out of the 3.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Who is Matt?
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

ohaudrey wrote:Who is Matt?
Jared has a brother who is a YouTuber under the channel of Matt and Em. I don't watch ALL their videos because they don't vlog that much, it's mostly just the kids playing. But Carter and Drake are adorable... and it's fun when Matt and Emily pop up on the E&J vlogs.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

I personally think that Carter is such a lovely, pretty name :) Drake always reminds me of GabeandJess...
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Drakes nms at all. I don't like Boston either, esp on a boy.
Arieya
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Arieya »

I felt kinda sad for Bonnie in today's vlog. She's so insecure about her looks and she really doesn't need to be.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Arieya wrote:I felt kinda sad for Bonnie in today's vlog. She's so insecure about her looks and she really doesn't need to be.
Yea I didn't see that coming.
mookieloo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mookieloo »

Babywise = never taking you seriously, ever again.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

mookieloo wrote:Babywise = never taking you seriously, ever again.
Same here. As soon as Bonnie said she followed Babywise I have backed off and haven't watched any of her videos. It makes me really uncomfortable that she follows those crazy and (at times) down right abusive techniques. Yuck.
idontknowwhattoput
Talker
Talker

Unread post by idontknowwhattoput »

What things are abusive about baby wise? Never heard of it until she brought it up
castrofreak
Informer
Informer

Unread post by castrofreak »

idontknowwhattoput wrote:What things are abusive about baby wise? Never heard of it until she brought it up
Google will pretty much tell you enough to make you go 'oh no she didn't.'
Basically the thing most people think is abusive about babywise is that they tell you to not rock your baby, cuddle, no paci, nothing, just let them cry it out in the crib from the day the baby's born.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Whoa. I didn't know that. That's really fucked up! How can anyone do that to their baby?!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”