JessChrisAndTheirBlendedFamilyOf4Months Part 33

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JessChrisAndTheirBlendedFamilyOf4Months Part 33

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Yeah, I'm so not throwing my opinion on American healthcare out there...says the one swimming in damn OB bills because shitty insurance pays next to nothing...
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ajb
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ajb »

Jameson wrote:
ajb wrote:Not too sure how the health system works in America, I know you all have to have health Insurance, so wouldn't that cover all the expenses of cancer treatments? I'm from New Zealand and we have public healthcare so most of it's free.
Healthcare is not free at all unless you are poor and can get on state assistance. The income guidelines are very low. I just had a baby and it cost me around 4,000 after insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-o That is crazy! What I meant by free is, you pay your premiums for Insurance and if anything happens (illnesses, car accident, etc) the insurance company covers the cost?? That seems really harsh, just for giving birth. I can understand why Chris would set up a gofundme.
WhitePony37
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by WhitePony37 »

Insurance usually covers portions of the bill.

But it varies greatly among companies and the insurance carrier. Some people have a deductible of like $5000. So they'd hAve to pay that before insurance starts covering anything.
Fairplay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Fairplay »

Wow. I live in Canada and feel really blessed with our healthcare
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

Fairplay wrote:Wow. I live in Canada and feel really blessed with our healthcare
And don't forget the UCCB/CCTB!
ajb
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ajb »

Fairplay wrote:Wow. I live in Canada and feel really blessed with our healthcare
Me too (living in NZ)! Maybe our taxes are higher though than USA. I would rather be taxed for healthcare than have to fork out a large sum at a certain time.

Makes me wonder if Jess is in huge amount of debt after having 3 pregnancies?
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

ajb wrote:
Me too (living in NZ)! Maybe our taxes are higher though than USA. I would rather be taxed for healthcare than have to fork out a large sum at a certain time.

Yes, our taxes are much higher. Depending on what you earn, in AU it can be anything from 30-50%. But I would take that any day for free health care, Drs visits and subsidised prescriptions.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

Less then a minute into the snow vid, and already a reference to and a song from Frozen. Seriously?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Chatabox wrote:
ajb wrote:

Yes, our taxes are much higher. Depending on what you earn, in AU it can be anything from 30-50%. But I would take that any day for free health care, Drs visits and subsidised prescriptions.
Yeah our taxes are way higher (I'm in Aust too) but I would take that any day of the week rather than stress about doctor and hospital bills if I had to take my kid to the emergency room.
When I had my daughter I was in hospital in preterm labour for 4 days and then she was in NICU for 10 days, which in Australia cost me nothing but I would HATE to know what that would cost in the states... Thousands and thousands I'm sure. We are definitely lucky.
RenyaBean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by RenyaBean »

Back when Jess posted the pictures from their day in the snow I noticed that her jacket is zipped up in every picture besides her stupid selfie where she purposefully unzipped it to show off her boobs. Classy.
missmsg
Informer
Informer

Unread post by missmsg »

RenyaBean wrote:Back when Jess posted the pictures from their day in the snow I noticed that her jacket is zipped up in every picture besides her stupid selfie where she purposefully unzipped it to show off her boobs. Classy.

Yup, I noticed that as well! #typicaljess LOL Have you guys also noticed that in her update videos she always says that Landen is such a happy baby, yet in any other video the kid is freaking crying??? He seems like a cry baby, even in her Disneyland Vlogs her friend Courtney says that he's a good baby when he's not crying, but like laughing.
jrgold19

Unread post by jrgold19 »

Maybe she unzipped it to breastfeed landen lol! How do pregnant teenagers afford the pregnancy bills then in USA??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

staceybrax wrote: Yeah our taxes are way higher (I'm in Aust too) but I would take that any day of the week rather than stress about doctor and hospital bills if I had to take my kid to the emergency room.
When I had my daughter I was in hospital in preterm labour for 4 days and then she was in NICU for 10 days, which in Australia cost me nothing but I would HATE to know what that would cost in the states... Thousands and thousands I'm sure. We are definitely lucky.
I was in the hospital for 5 days total, 3 before I had my daughter and 2 after. She was in the NICU for 4 days. One day I got a look at my primary insurance and saw $22,000 but I'm not sure if that included her NICU stay or not. She did not require much though. She was mainly in there for monitoring. I live in the US.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

I was in a car accident a few months back, and I wasn't injured at all. An ambulance showed up and I was asked if I needed to be seen and I said no. Soon after they ushered us into the ambulance and started checking us even though I'd say no. Basically they took my blood pressure and a couple other things. A bill for $200 came in the mail for literally 10 mins of nothing..
Thegoatsmeow

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

Maybe jess is embarrassed to say they met online? Idk if they actually did, just a guess. I don't think that's too embarrassing giving technology and all that.
jrgold19

Unread post by jrgold19 »

Thegoatsmeow wrote:Maybe jess is embarrassed to say they met online? Idk if they actually did, just a guess. I don't think that's too embarrassing giving technology and all that.
I dont think thats the reason because she could just lie about meeting online and her minions would believe her anyway

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
te4cup
Talker
Talker

Unread post by te4cup »

If we had to pay for health care in Australia like the US, I can't imagine how in debt we'd be from my baby girl needing her Cranioplasty operation/ct scans/blood tests/Doctors visits. We seriously only just got back from the hospital because she didn't seem well today at all, I hate to imagine THAT would cost anything?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:
staceybrax wrote: Yeah our taxes are way higher (I'm in Aust too) but I would take that any day of the week rather than stress about doctor and hospital bills if I had to take my kid to the emergency room.
I was in the hospital for 5 days total, 3 before I had my daughter and 2 after. She was in the NICU for 4 days. One day I got a look at my primary insurance and saw $22,000 but I'm not sure if that included her NICU stay or not. She did not require much though. She was mainly in there for monitoring. I live in the US.
If I got a bill for $22,000 I would die lol. It just makes me sad for those who can't afford health insurance and have to pay so much money for basic health care.
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tinydancer »

Health insurance varies widely in America. If you're poor, everything is pretty much free. If you have good insurance, it's not bad. When I lived in the States my insurance was pretty good so I never had high costs. Also, many states have state run health insurance so it is similar to health care in places like Canada. This is regulated by the state though and is not a national thing. I'm willing to bet Messica is on some kind of aid program, at least something like WIC.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:

Wow that bill had to include her NICU stay cus that's super expensive.

I've read the average cost for a vaginal delivery is about $8,000, add about 2 grand if you have to have a C section.

We had an issue with our insurance where they didn't cover anything because I didn't notify them I was pregnant 30 days before I had my son...(don't ever go with blue shield insurance), and they didn't cover a single dollar. The hospital sent us a bill for $6,000.

We wrote a letter to our hospital asking for financial help or a payment plan, and our hospital got rid of the entire bill. It's a religious hospital, idk if that made the difference..but we were very lucky and thankful.

Hospitals are usually very flexible with payment plans. My friend is on a plan where she pays $20 a month haha

Return to “JesssFam”