Off Topic Banter Part 9

HelloHolaHallo

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 9

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

Emcee I agree with what you said. It's not about Nicki being an angry black woman, idk where that came from. I don't think that issue was about race at all. Beyoncé is straight chillin in a pool full of VMA's I don't think MTV was the problem, I think Nicki threw a hissy fit about not getting more nominations for a song and video that were honestly awful. Getting attention on the internet doesn't equal award IMO. Racial tensions are high and I think Nicki used that to bring more attention to herself. I as a woman of color dark skinned Latina empathize (hope I'm using it right) with my African American brothers and sisters but I call bullshit on this being about race. Miley made a few comments about Nicki in an interview prior to the awards and I think Nicki didn't like it. I don't think it had anything to do with culture appropriation although I don't doubt Nicki feels Miley does that. I think that whole confrontation was that Nicki didn't like what Miley had to say and that was it. I don't think it was the right time or place. Miley handled it professionally I mean what was she supposed to do, step up in the middle of the awards?

these are just my thoughts. Sometimes I feel people read way too much into it and make it political when it was just some petty drama. Not everything needs to be made racial. Nicki had a hood moment, shit I get them too.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Yue195 »

*face palm* no, no no no, Miley wasn't professional at all. She got nasty when confronted, she just got bleeped. Agree to disagree but this wasn't a "hood" moment.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
HelloHolaHallo

Agree to disagree, I think it was a hood moment.
HelloHolaHallo

Probably all of it. Watching Nicki and Taylor perform together was weird now I side eye any beef. The VMA's used to be something I waited for all summer to watch. I loved watching them. Now they're like a joke. Miley smokes weed like once or twice and now she's all about her third eye and fuck stereotypes lmao.

Did anyone watch the Road Rules Real World challenges back in the days? Do they still come out? That was my favorite show on MTV. Oh and the trashy VH1 shows! I miss the love shows like Flavor of Love and Rock of Love. Daisy of Love was kinda stupid oh and I Love Money! I always wondered why they stopped. Was it because of the guy on Megan's show?

Just having a #tb
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

Oh my goodness, I forgot about those. And a double shot at love with Vicki & Ricki. One of them actually got into a really bad car accident and had to have surgery on her head. There's pictures online. I remember when it happened . And of course a shot at love with Tila Tequila... And isn't she crazy now talking about the illuminati and aliens? Ahh how the times change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

HelloHolaHallo wrote:Probably all of it. Watching Nicki and Taylor perform together was weird now I side eye any beef. The VMA's used to be something I waited for all summer to watch. I loved watching them. Now they're like a joke. Miley smokes weed like once or twice and now she's all about her third eye and fuck stereotypes lmao.

Did anyone watch the Road Rules Real World challenges back in the days? Do they still come out? That was my favorite show on MTV. Oh and the trashy VH1 shows! I miss the love shows like Flavor of Love and Rock of Love. Daisy of Love was kinda stupid oh and I Love Money! I always wondered why they stopped. Was it because of the guy on Megan's show?

Just having a #tb
They still have real world and the real world challenge. There was a season of both a few months ago. They had 2 people die off the last challenge, not on the actual show but 2 of the players passed away. One from cancer and the other was something like an alcohol or drug overdose
sfgiantsgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sfgiantsgirl »

Don't know if all of you know, but there's a really bad fire going on right now in California. They're calling it the Butte fire. Calaveras/Amador region. It's so bad that the governor has issued a state of emergency. A good family friend lives in that area and her town had to evacuate. A good friend of mine from high school is a firefighter for Cal Fire. I'm not sure if his specific station is working the fire, but he hasn't messaged me back so I'm going to take that as a yes. I'm so worried about him. He's one of those people that's never met a stranger and would give you the shirt off his back. Pray/think good thoughts please!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Having surgery in the morning so if I die, it's been real. If not, maybe there will be fun anesthesia posts tomorrow.
#FreeBen
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

blackbetty wrote:Having surgery in the morning so if I die, it's been real. If not, maybe there will be fun anesthesia posts tomorrow.
Sending positive vibes your way.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers

Return to “Off Topic Archive”