Name loves/loathes

KirstyBash14
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Name loves/loathes

Unread post by KirstyBash14 »

mommyblue wrote:My sons name is Owen and I constantly get compliments on it!
Same here :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
MommyToASweetie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommyToASweetie »

If I have a boy in the future his middle name will probably be Alexander hehe
#FreeBen #FreeGlen
queenieme
Amateur
Amateur

Name loves/loathes

Unread post by queenieme »

I'm new to this board, just found it and thought id chime in.

My son's name is Jameson Patrick. We're CONSTANTLY getting comments on his name. Most people love it, but most people say something in reference to the whiskey. He's not named after the whiskey. James is a very common name in both our families so we just tweaked it a bit. I love his name. Other boys names I like are Declan, Michael, Edward, Kian, Kiernan, Ryan, and Carter.

For girls we like: Mackenzie, McKenna, Michaela, McKenley, Sadie, Avery, Meredith, Amelia (can you tell I'm a greys anatomy fan? Lol)

I like this board! I feel like I'll be keeping up with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by mikejones »

I love the name Wyatt.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Nevaeh- Worst name ever. Especially if the mom says "It's heaven spelled backwards." Noooooo

Also bad, anything "Walmartz" like with extra letters or apostrophes.

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I don't think I would name any future of child mine this, but I really like the name Arlo.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
ferryberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ferryberry »

My son is Owen James . I loved the name Reagan John for a second boy

HazelnutSoup
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HazelnutSoup »

My fiancé is so irritating about names lol. I'll suggest something to him and he says he hates it, absolutely not... Then if I wait a few weeks and suggest the SAME NAME he likes it. Wtf dude! I almost feel bad, like I'm manipulating him, because I'll occasionally suggest the same names just to see if he ends up agreeing with me.

My new favorites for girls are Stella Olivia, Ella Emilia, Emilia Violet, and Hazel Olivia. Boy name I love is Camden Roy (Camden - grandfather's middle name, Roy - other grandpa's first name).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jesswhytho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jesswhytho »

I saw on tumblr someone wanted to name their daughter Bluebell... Probably one of the worst names I've ever heard.

I am so cat making home alone face right now.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

jesswhytho wrote:I saw on tumblr someone wanted to name their daughter Bluebell... Probably one of the worst names I've ever heard.

Lol Geri Halliwell Aka Ginger Spice from Spice Girls named her daughter Bluebell Madonna
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

Yue195 wrote:
jesswhytho wrote:I saw on tumblr someone wanted to name their daughter Bluebell... Probably one of the worst names I've ever heard.

Lol Geri Halliwell Aka Ginger Spice from Spice Girls named her daughter Bluebell Madonna
I wonder if her son will be Blueballs
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I'm a little far off from having kids (I'm in my 20's, but I'm currently single), but a few names that I like for my future kids:

Boys- Peter, Gabriel (even though GabeandJesss kind of has me on the fence of actually naming my son this. In my defense, I fell in love with this name when I was 15), Joseph, Alexander (which I probably won't use since my cousin named her son this), Aaron, and Maxwell
Girls- Mary-Grace, Bailee, Natalie, Abigail, Gabrielle, and Katherine
(this doesn't mean I'm planning on having tons of kids. These are just some names I like in general and would love to use)

Also, some GP/dislike names:
Boys- Troyler (this is a ship name I see on Tumblr a lot, but I think it'd be a cute name), Jude (like The Beatles song), Luigi, Justin (I liked it because of Justin Timberlake, then Justin Bieber came and ruined it. Now I cringe whenever I hear this name. Too bad my best friend's boyfriend's name is Justin), and Barney (liked it because of Barney Stinson, now it just reminds me of the word barn, which is where Messica is having her third wedding)
Girls- Samantha (I was bullied by someone named Samantha), Hanna (I used to think this spelling of Hannah was beautiful... then I met someone named Hanna who was mean to me and ruined the name for me), Matilda (I've seen the movie more times than I can count, plus it reminds me of Waltzing Matilda. The catch is my best friend likes this name too lol), Adeline, Virginia (I wrote a paper on Virginia Woolf, and found out her birth name is Adeline), and Lily (I loved this name growing up, but then I had a roommate named Lily that ruined it. Also, I used to be fond of the name Anna, but also had that name ruined by a roommate).
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
INK
Informer
Informer

Unread post by INK »

Yikes I feel like you guys would shun me for my kids names lol.

HazelnutSoup
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HazelnutSoup »

JoesWife1 wrote:Yikes I feel like you guys would shun me for my kids names lol.

Post it! ;-) I like different names.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
INK
Informer
Informer

Unread post by INK »

Dessten (like Destin, Florida) and my youngest is Reesen (like the word reason). I was told I could never have children and when I got pregnant with my first the doctors said that they were sure I'd miscarry and when we had him my husband said we were destine to have this baby even though we had so many complications and that's when his name just became Dessten. With my second I had the same things happen in my pregnancy and again my husband said there is a reason this baby is surviving this pregnancy and again his name just became Reesen. We didn't want our kids to feel like they were only defined by one word so we changed the spelling but we tell our boys and other people what their names mean to us and that's that. --Dessten is destine to go great places and do great things.
--Reesen has every reason to do good and succeed.

drunkunicorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by drunkunicorn »

JoesWife1 wrote:Dessten (like Destin, Florida) and my youngest is Reesen (like the word reason). I was told I could never have children and when I got pregnant with my first the doctors said that they were sure I'd miscarry and when we had him my husband said we were destine to have this baby even though we had so many complications and that's when his name just became Dessten. With my second I had the same things happen in my pregnancy and again my husband said there is a reason this baby is surviving this pregnancy and again his name just became Reesen. We didn't want our kids to feel like they were only defined by one word so we changed the spelling but we tell our boys and other people what their names mean to us and that's that. --Dessten is destine to go great places and do great things.

I'll be completely honest, I personally wouldn't choose those names, however, I absolutely love the meanings behind them and it sounds like they really fit your family :)
I love names with a meaning behind them, such a nice story to tell when you meet someone for the first time
INK
Informer
Informer

Unread post by INK »

drunkunicorn wrote:
JoesWife1 wrote:Dessten (like Destin, Florida) and my youngest is Reesen (like the word reason). I was told I could never have children and when I got pregnant with my first the doctors said that they were sure I'd miscarry and when we had him my husband said we were destine to have this baby even though we had so many complications and that's when his name just became Dessten. With my second I had the same things happen in my pregnancy and again my husband said there is a reason this baby is surviving this pregnancy and again his name just became Reesen. We didn't want our kids to feel like they were only defined by one word so we changed the spelling but we tell our boys and other people what their names mean to us and that's that. --Dessten is destine to go great places and do great things.

I'll be completely honest, I personally wouldn't choose those names, however, I absolutely love the meanings behind them and it sounds like they really fit your family :)
I love names with a meaning behind them, such a nice story to tell when you meet someone for the first time

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I'm not having kids anytime soon since I'm in university, but I love names :)
My #1 girl name for years has been Summer. If I have any other girls their names would be Auden, Holland, Amara, or Charlotte
My boy names: Jace (#1 choice), Connor, Mason, Aiden, Ethan, Brody, and Fynley (please don't judge me lol)
#FreeFinleyandJackson
KittyKax
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KittyKax »

pllfan5 wrote:I'm not having kids anytime soon since I'm in university, but I love names :)
My #1 girl name for years has been Summer. If I have any other girls their names would be Auden, Holland, Amara, or Charlotte
My boy names: Jace (#1 choice), Connor, Mason, Aiden, Ethan, Brody, and Fynley (please don't judge me lol)
I love Charlotte :D My first choice for a girl is always going to be Michele, but Charlotte or Lucy would be second choices.

And Fynley isn't a bad name, just uncommon. He could go by Fynn :)
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ItsJess »

My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Boy names are a little more difficult for some reason. I like Bennett Parker and Henry Asher.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”