Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyHidingtheHollisters- Part 47

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

\
lmmomSD wrote:Sorry for so many posts. I got curious. So I went to a couple of charity rating sites to see what kind of ratings Water of Life had-- like what percentage of donations goes to their work, etc. Apparently, it's too small, because it's not listed on any of the sites. So I checked out the website. It's basically a _church_. They do house some young men, but I wonder about all the "work" Bryan says they do. Take a look and see what y'all think: http://www.wateroflifecambodia.com/#!about2/c1r1h
I really wish he'd chosen a charity closer to home to be so "passionate" about. I'd like to see Princess get _her_ hands dirty and maybe feed some homeless people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I wish they'd picked something close to home too. Something that they could get their viewers involved in all year long. I'm sure some of their viewers would donate a bit of their time to charity if that meant they could meet the bums in the process. That said.. I've noticed that they don't seem to run into viewers while they're out and about very much. I watch GabeBabetv and The Daily Davidsons. I don't think a week goes by without running into a viewer out in public. They're always giving shoutouts to viewers they've met or who have met the family members in public. Neither channel has close to as many viewers as the bums. I've been watching Gabe and Chad since they had around 30k subscribers and they've always consistently run into viewers. How is it possible that B&M rarely run into viewers? Especially when they say they're going to be someplace in the vlog the day before. Every time Judy and the loser go on their annual Disneyland vacation, they run into viewers who show up there hoping to meet them. I guess the Bummers can't miss school to follow Bryan and Missy to DL? We know they love attention, so I doubt they cut it out of the vlogs. What gives?
mommadee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mommadee »

I have often wondered about this also (above post). Its especially odd because they go to the same places all the time and they are not secretive about their location .

It's particularly obvious when tgey are at Youtube events.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Missy's vocabulary: literally, basically, awesome, super, super cool, actually, starving, exhausted.....

I haven't been watching them for ages, but I never thought Mimi and papa are property owners!
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah I know B&M have run into fans at the mall before, but they were like middle school kids there with their school. Any adult fans they they do have probably don't care enough to seek them out, and the rest of them are too young to go anywhere without parental permission. That's why their meetups are pretty empty, and why no one seems to care about them at vlogger conventions. Most adult fans have seen their true colors.
mh2035
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mh2035 »

lalila wrote:Missy's vocabulary: literally, basically, awesome, super, super cool, actually, starving, exhausted.....

I haven't been watching them for ages, but I never thought Mimi and papa are property owners!

You forgot "relax" lol
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Lol i can't wait to hear their excuse for not reaching their fundraiser goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
babyspice
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by babyspice »

I might be reaching, but doesn't Finn look like two different babies in these pictures? [img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06 ... a30c38.jpg[/img][img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06 ... d60a13.jpg[/img]
sunshinean
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunshinean »

violet-kelsey black wrote:Lol i can't wait to hear their excuse for not reaching their fundraiser goal.

They probably donate the rest of the money themselves and claimed that the subscribers did.... 50k is a lot of money. They seriously think they are thuper famous.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Have you all read the things people say when they donate? They're acting as if Bryan and Missy are doing actual work. "It's so amazing that you're doing this" "Keep up the good work!". They haven't _done_ anything but set up a GFM page. Their minions are so brainwashed! And some of them are ostensibly adults!

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

"Let's get it a 1000 likes before any nasty dislikers show up."

Actual quote from Bryan snapchat today. I'm dying.
maplecross
Talker
Talker

Unread post by maplecross »

Totally teared up at the gift buying.
nmkstj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nmkstj »

They are making so many kids happy. That was probably thousands of dollars worth of toys. Stuff at Toys R Us, especially Lego does NOT come cheap and I don't think they milked it or made it about them at all.

I wonder if they planned this or read here that they don't do anything all that Mormon yesterday, and then in comes more charity work and some godly Christmas music...hmm. Oh well . whether it was that or not, tons of kids will have a present to open up on Christmas morning and that's awesome.
MamaBear13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MamaBear13 »

babyspice wrote:I might be reaching, but doesn't Finn look like two different babies in these pictures? [img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06 ... a30c38.jpg[/img][img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06 ... d60a13.jpg[/img]
I'm going to blame it on the angles but yes they look different

az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

Oh look...Oliver got yet another toy today. A toy gun

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Oh man, I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones on overdrive... But tears pouring the moment they talked about them (assuming a children's group home/orphanage type situation) getting babies straight from the hospital. I saw so many things I wanted to criticize in today's vlog but just can't now. Whatever their motive in the gift giving... That act of charity will make many little kiddos very happy this holiday season. Someone please turn off my eye faucets!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nmkstj wrote:They are making so many kids happy. That was probably thousands of dollars worth of toys. Stuff at Toys R Us, especially Lego does NOT come cheap and I don't think they milked it or made it about them at all.

I wonder if they planned this or read here that they don't do anything all that Mormon yesterday, and then in comes more charity work and some godly Christmas music...hmm. Oh well . whether it was that or not, tons of kids will have a present to open up on Christmas morning and that's awesome.
They're not Mormon, but I'm sure they've read here that they don't do much that's Christian. Plus, there have been several comments (from me included) that they should do some charitable giving closer to home. I'm glad they did. I haven't seen the vlog, but if they didn't milk it or make it about them, I'm impressed.

az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:Oh man, I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones on overdrive... But tears pouring the moment they talked about them (assuming a children's group home/orphanage type situation) getting babies straight from the hospital. I saw so many things I wanted to criticize in today's vlog but just can't now. Whatever their motive in the gift giving... That act of charity will make many little kiddos very happy this holiday season. Someone please turn off my eye faucets!

I agree...I felt like I was being way too nit picky about the vlog. I have my thoughts about their motive...but as you said, whatever that motive is, it doesn't matter. The important thing is that all those sweet kids will be getting a great toy.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

nmkstj wrote:They are making so many kids happy. That was probably thousands of dollars worth of toys. Stuff at Toys R Us, especially Lego does NOT come cheap and I don't think they milked it or made it about them at all.

I agree. It was really nice of them buy those gifts. I've always wanted to do that.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

It was such a nice vlog that I didn't give them a dislike.

Silentbob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Silentbob »

Just going to play devils Advocate for a second. Does anyone think the money that used to buy those presents was from the go fund me account and they may be sending those presents off there? I haven't watched and not sure I will so I don't know if they have said something specific they are doing with it

Return to “Daily Bumps”