Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

kingoflove21vher wrote:In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

Off topic-ish, but Bonnie and Joel do the cutest things with the Elf. The vacuum had me laughing so hard. Cody looked so concerned :)
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Nini12 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!
I thought of that too. I was like hm maybe it's common in Mormon culture to date multiple men until one fights his way to the top lol and then 3 month engagement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Very OT and rambly . The Mormon dating scene is too cloistered IMO, I'm glad my family were converts and became inactive before I was 16. I might be bitter because I hated our YW leadership because of the blatant favoritism. Not dating until 16, group dates? Maybe. Dragging a kid half your age along too? I couldn't do that. Time to be punny, Joel is such a Saint. Another problem I find is that if you're saying rumors spread around your ward and Young Women and Relief Society members attack your families virtue/your mother. That happened with an older girl in my ward when I was a Beehive.

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That's meant to say if you're dating not saying lol

kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
Nini12 wrote:

I thought of that too. I was like hm maybe it's common in Mormon culture to date multiple men until one fights his way to the top lol and then 3 month engagement

Double post and OT again, but literally every missionary I remember and friended on Facebook got married/engaged within 18 months of returning home. All the female missionaries but one I know of have married and have 2-3 children or are currently pregnant.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

kingoflove21vher wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
Nini12 wrote: I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!

Double post and OT again, but literally every missionary I remember and friended on Facebook got married/engaged within 18 months of returning home. All the female missionaries but one I know of have married and have 2-3 children or are currently pregnant.

If you don't get married fairly quickly, do suspicions arose about your sexuality?

Just curious why there's such a rush to be married Image
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon

Which is ironic because I believe Joel is actually quite involved in the church. Which reminds me.... can you explain what a Bishopric does?

Ruby and Beau seem very religious to me. Ellie and Jared do too, but only sometimes.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:

I like Bonnie and Joel exactly because they don't cone off pompous and preachy like Shay and Jared. Joel (to me) seems like a solid pillar of faith and spirituality for his family without the ostentatious and pretentious air Jared carries, I think him praying before reno projects and coming home from church to his sick family wearing his suit or Beau and his scouts shows better publicity than Jared dancing around and staging videos for the Church.

kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:

Which is ironic because I believe Joel is actually quite involved in the church. Which reminds me.... can you explain what a Bishopric does?

Ruby and Beau seem very religious to me. Ellie and Jared do too, but only sometimes.
Okay so I'm not actually that knowledgeable and I know there are some other LDS that at times comment/view these threads so feel free to correct me.

There's the Quorom of the Twelve Apostles and the oldest in that group who is President, they're in for life. But the President also belongs to the First Presidency where he has a first counselor and second counselor. Below this there are a bunch of quorums, such as the seventy. That's not really needed to explain. There are subdivided regions in the world too.

At the base level there is a stake president who oversees wards and branches. A ward is a congregation with a bishop, 1st counselor and second counselor. A branch is a smaller version of a ward without the population to sustain, they have branch presidents. Honestly I find the clergy very confusing, and that's not even touching on the organization of missions and mission presidents/leadership.

The First Presidency is kind of like the Federal Govt
A Stake is like the State government
Your ward/branch us like local/county government

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Bonnie and Joel's elf on a shelf videos are probably my favourite, they really go all out for it. I used to not care for it, but since watching her previous ones and these ones I've found a new holiday tradition for when I have kids

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Kryptonite wrote:I have moved Bonnie to her own section! This topic is a shadow topic since it's most recent. It will appear in the E&J section as well as Bonnie's (same thread, same posts, just can be viewed from both sections). The next thread will ONLY be in Bonnie's section!
Would you please provide a link to her new section? I don't even remember how I found this one.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

OldHag wrote:I could have sworn Ruby said in one of her videos she wanted to meet an engineer at college because her dad is an engineer... have they ever said did he go to college later in life? Just wondering why they were so broke for a long time if he had a good job ... and he's in his early 50's so too young to be retired, though I haven't noticed them saying "Grandpa is at work" etc.
I heard Ruby say the same thing about wanting to meet an engineering student because her dad was an engineer. I believe he's still working. When Ruby was a tot they lived in a trailer. Perhaps they Jennifer married him and started having kids while he was a student? I don't know why they were claiming to be broke for so long.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?
My first guess would be that they were saving for a down payment on a home, and then they were house poor.
OT: Does Jennifer sound like the has an accent to anyone else? She kind of has a drawl when she starts to make a statement or tell a story. Does anyone know where she's from? Her "accent" seemed really pronounced to me while giving a tour of the trailer. She was talking about how they bought the couch and how she got a desk for Chad. I just can't place her accent or vocal style, it's getting to me. Lol
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

^ It sounds like a typical Utah accent to me. Maybe a little stronger than others, but I think she grew up in a rural area on a farm, so that's why.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?
My first guess would be that they were saving for a down payment on a home, and then they were house poor.
OT: Does Jennifer sound like the has an accent to anyone else? She kind of has a drawl when she starts to make a statement or tell a story. Does anyone know where she's from? Her "accent" seemed really pronounced to me while giving a tour of the trailer. She was talking about how they bought the couch and how she got a desk for Chad. I just can't place her accent or vocal style, it's getting to me. Lol
This is definitely a rural baby boomer generation Utah drawl. My dad talks just like that. :)

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”