DailySpoiledOllie Part 49

kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailySpoiledOllie Part 49

Unread post by kyliejimjam »

I'm 8 mins in and maybe I've missed a trick but did Bev go home?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

So what did bev get? Everyone got expensive presents and it seems like all she got was gloves?

kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur

Oh I've just seen her, did they make her stay upstairs for the big reveal of the presents?! Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it makes me really uncomfortable the way they treat Bev.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bev probably feels like she has to tolerate their crap more now that they've bought her a car
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Imagine all of these kids watching that are going to think it's normal to get that many presents for Christmas.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

meganshay wrote:Anyone want to recap the way-too-long vlog? Do these people think they're movie stars?!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Why, yes. Yes they do. They think they're Brangelina. Except that Brad and Angelina actually donate a LOT to charity. And give time too. But B&M are "too busy".
I think they have almost a million subscribers because little kids see them living this "fun" life, acting as if they have no responsibility, because they act like Ollie's friends rather than parents, spending lots of money, going on trips and to Disneyland, and never dealing with boring adult crap. What 10 year old wouldn't look up to that and want their life?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

Quickly...

iPhone - I'll go average $700
Beats - $300
Jimmy's head phones -$150
Go Pro - $200
Record player -$80
Records x5 - $50
Tool Bryan got - $70
Drone - $1200
Drills - $150-$300 (couldn't see exact set name)
Polaroid camera - $100
Film - $15x6 = 90
Turning his shit music into a vinyl - I'm sure a ridiculous amount of $ considering you need a quote

Oliver

Mickey Mouse - $40
Good dinosaur toy -$40
Minion headphones - $25
Alien - $24
boat -$30
Box of toys - They said some new (yeah right). Those are the $20 sets from disney store. I bought me niece one. You get 5-6 per box.
Water gun - $10?

I think they didn't show everything either, if you look in the background in some scenes.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Jimmy's subscriber count thing is so cool!

kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur

Cgl33 wrote:Imagine all of these kids watching that are going to think it's normal to get that many presents for Christmas.
I thought exactly the same thing! I think YT culture really sets kids up with unrealistic expectations. One of my daughters used to follow Zoella and Tanya Burr and I did say to her, most people do have to work to fund their lifestyle, it's not all shopping and visiting Starbucks all day!

kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur

That subscriber count just makes me think of pound signs!

Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diamond1 »

Wearing those custom made pjs is so lame. Who the hell does that!!
torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

I really, really don't like that Bryan & Missy like to flaunt that they have money lol
torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

And Bryan, if I hear you say "my new ep" one more time...
Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diamond1 »

Oliver will grow up to be a spoiled brat if he gets so much presents all the time :/
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

torii wrote:I really, really don't like that Bryan & Missy like to flaunt that they have money lol
I can't stand it. If I had that much money I would never flaunt it. I don't think it's wise or safe.

torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

Also, Bev is probably my favorite person. I love her. She seems so nice & fun to be around and a lot less annoying
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

There's a difference between being generous and showing off, and Bryan and Missy are treading a fine line. The gifts Jimmy got them were so personal and well-thought-out, and some of the gifts they got other people were just expensive things for the sake of being expensive things. Cassie almost seemed offended that they got her an iPhone because it was so unexpectedly exorbitant.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Bryan bought the drone for himself. It wasn't a present from anyone else.

A couple of threads ago they got a couple RC trucks for Papa's Birthday, because RC's are his hobby. I mentioned in thread that it was cool that they got him something for his hobby, but since they've obviously got the money for it, they should have gotten him something cool like a drone or something.
THE.NEXT.DAY Bryan tweeted about a cool drone on Amazon, and I thought that meant he was planning on getting it for Papa for giftmas. Nope. Totes for himself, the selfish arsehole.
:roll:
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Jimmy reminds me so much of my husband, a quiet tech nerd except my man has a head full of thick curls lol

I am so jealous of the drone!! I really want one, but I don't have the time for one :/

I read in the comments that Beverlee also got a MacBook Pro?? But I didn't see that in the vid unless I missed it.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Double Post.

It also struck me today how so incredibly lucky these people are. Not just the money, although being financially comfortable enough that you NEVER have to worry about it is such an amazing thing they take for granted. But they have SO much greatness in their lives.

Watching Jim get up and bounce on the trampoline made me actually jealous. My Dad would LOVE to do that kind of thing with my kids, but he's had so many spinal surgeries that he can barely walk and just can't play with them the way he wants.
The Hollister/Lannings are all in pretty decent health (especially considering their lifestyle). And Jimmy is smart. Like, really smart. He's probably got career possibilities ahead of him that some people could only dream about. Because he was encouraged to seek out education and they had the means to pay for it.
They've got family all around them that is supportive and engaged in each others lives. Just watching some of Missy's cousins vlogs shows that, while they're certainly annoyingly conservative and religious, they at the very least HAVE each other, and can count on that.

They're all incredibly spoiled, and they take all this good fortune for granted. But I will fully admit I was a bit envious today. Not just of their overabundance of material wealth, but for the seemingly healthy, supportive extended family they have. They don't seem to have spent very much of their lives struggling, suffering or knowing great loss in anyway at all. I'm definitely a bit jealous of that.
:roll:

Return to “Daily Bumps”