No bake vegetarian recipes?

HeavenOnlyKnows

No bake vegetarian recipes?

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

Help! I need to cook 4 days worth of vegetarian meals for someone but I won't have access to a proper kitchen! We'll be in a hotel that has a refrigerator, microwave, and a 2 burner stove top, but no oven for baking. The hotel comes with pots and pans but no fancy equipment like food processors, rolling pins, blenders, etc. Also, we'll have to buy all of our ingredients from scratch- including spices- so I'm looking for recipes with few ingredients so we don't spend a ton on jars of seasonings that we'll only use once. PLEASE tell me someone has some good vegetarian recipes with few ingredients that I can make on a stove top?

So far I've got recipes for:
- creamy garlic angel hair pasta
- hush puppies
- broccoli and cheese soup
- chickpea curry
- nutella french toast rolls
- vegetarian quesadillas
- black eye pea rice
- penne vodka

but I need more! And if anyone wants any of the above recipes I am more than happy to share :) I've got 2 weeks to come up with a menu that fits the constraints I'm working with and I'm about to pull my hair out!

Edit to add: the person I'm cooking for dislikes nuts and hates beans. Fml.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: No bake vegetarian recipes?

Unread post by ladybug »

I like cinnamon chia pudding made with almond milk. Put in a container in the fridge overnight and it's ready to
eat in the morning.
banksyChic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by banksyChic »

- stir fry
-kale hummus wraps
-caprese salad
- stuffed peppers
- Mac n cheese
- mushroom burgers

Just a few things I thought of. It's really hard for me to think of things I eat that don't have beans! Anything you would normally eat minus the meat would be fine. I like to put mashed potatoes on my mushroom burgers as well. Good luck!
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

I've been loving these super simple teriyaki veggie wraps lately. Saute red pepper, onion, and zucchini in some olive oil, add teriyaki sauce just to coat (I like a brand called Soy Vey Island Teriyaki,) add garlic powder. Put a scoop into a flour tortilla w/ rice and top with pineapple and Sriracha (or any hot sauce if you want.) Omg, so tasty.

These are the measurements I use for two of us.

1 cup uncooked rice (you can use that super easy boil-in-a-bag kind)
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
1 small zucchini (or yellow squash, or both!)
1 TB garlic powder
teriyaki sauce
flour tortillas
pepper to taste
canned pineapple
hot sauce
HeavenOnlyKnows

Sosie Lark wrote:I've been loving these super simple teriyaki veggie wraps lately. Saute red pepper, onion, and zucchini in some olive oil, add teriyaki sauce just to coat (I like a brand called Soy Vey Island Teriyaki,) add garlic powder. Put a scoop into a flour tortilla w/ rice and top with pineapple and Sriracha (or any hot sauce if you want.) Omg, so tasty.

These are the measurements I use for two of us.

1 cup uncooked rice (you can use that super easy boil-in-a-bag kind)
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
1 small zucchini (or yellow squash, or both!)
1 TB garlic powder
teriyaki sauce
flour tortillas
pepper to taste
canned pineapple
hot sauce
My mouth is watering so much right now, this is PERFECT! Thank you! I want to cook things that will be impressive, this seems like it would taste like I put a lot of effort into it even if it's easy to prepare!

I can think of a lot of simple veg recipes but they're all basic, I would love something that seems fancier than it is? If that makes sense? I'm trying to impress someone with my cooking :P

For the person who suggested mac and cheese, do you have a good stove top recipe? I've come across a bunch online but I don't know if any are actually yummy. I make an AWESOME 5 cheese macaroni from scratch, but that needs to be baked in an oven so it's not an option for this trip :(
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

You could make the crust ahead and make one of those veggie pizzas with the cream cheese sauce. I can't remember what else goes in it but you could find a recipe
#FreeBen
HeavenOnlyKnows

blackbettybamf wrote:You could make the crust ahead and make one of those veggie pizzas with the cream cheese sauce. I can't remember what else goes in it but you could find a recipe
I've never heard of cream cheese pizza but that sounds delicious! Have you ever tried it? I've found that some recipes sound tasty in theory but are actually gross :( So sad.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I haven't had it in forever! I think most recipes make the crust with crescent rolls and the sauce is cream cheese and ranch seasoning maybe? Then you top with veggies like you'd use on a veggie tray. It would be cute to shred carrots like cheese haha
#FreeBen
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Curry with tofu, you can add any veggies you like.
Cabbage "steaks" - I usually just sear on the stove and sprinkle with any seasoning you like that would go well with steak, this is great with some kind of potato (you can make it cheesy if you want) and asparagus or sesame green beans or some veggie of choice
We love soy dogs occasionally as well that are a great protein additon with any meal.
Eggs and stovetop pancakes for breakfast. Yogurt parfaits with granola. Or just cereal ;)
I'm a big fan of stir fry meals as well...with different veggies, noodles, rice and/or spring rolls to mix it up.
ChristineSchuler

Unread post by ChristineSchuler »

Recently I had prepared chocolate and hazelnut cake, which is super delicious. For preparation it takes ten minutes after that it takes approximately 60-70 minutes of cooking time but if you don't have time for it, you may get fresh, delicious cheesecake, brownies and layer cakes from wholesale restaurant desserts.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

Don't click pretty sure it's spam

Return to “Recipe Sharing”