kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNewToys - Part 51

Unread post by kyliejimjam »

lmmomSD wrote:
Motheringthem wrote:Someone once said "as long as you love your kid, that's all they need."
Yes... But no... You need to do more than just love them. You need to show them. You need to actually play with them, stimulate them, provide them with routine and structure, offer educational toys and activities, cook healthy meals, take them outside to explore with them, make sure they are getting the right amount of sleep, take care of them when they are sick, change diapers, talk to them, teach them etc.
I have NO doubt that Missy and Bryan do truly love Oliver and Finley.
But we can all agree that her and Bryan are not doing enough for the kids.
You can truly love your kids but only do the "bare minimum". Some parents do the bare minimum because of post partum depression, sadness, any variety of reasons but they do love their kids.
I'm not diagnosing Missy and Bryan here, I'm just stating that some parents only do the bare minimum which is what they do. Bare minimum. They can't even feed him a proper healthy meal. They just throw some crap on a plate and call it a meal.

Missy used to be fully invested in what was best for Ollie. Now it's like"well, as long as he's alive and seemingly doing well, then everything is great".
The issue is they aren't parenting or showing their love. They aren't raising the kids to be the best they can be as they grow. They aren't helping him move forward or teaching him. They aren't playing with him. They buy him to a of toys to play with alone.

There's more than just loving them. You need to do what is best for them, always. Put them first always. You need to be active with your parenting. I don't know if I'm explaining it well. They love the kids but they aren't showing them love. Besides cuddling, kissing them and nursing them, what else do they got to feel affirmed and comforted by the parents love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They definitely don't put their children first all the time. Missy sabotaged Ollie's brain scan because she said she didn't want to deal with him fussing. Don't know if that is the real reason, or if she was afraid of messing up their perfect image. They refuse to see his speech delay. One thing you have to do, is make them feel safe by giving them boundaries. They know they're not supposed to be in charge. He keeps testing and finding no boundaries. And that scares kids. They aren't happy together, and that's bad for the kids to see too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
This is so true. I work with children in school who have behavioural problems and with children who have no actual medical condition that can cause these issues, it is always (in my experience and I'm only speaking of that) down to a lack of boundaries and expectations at home. These children are often very anxious as the world can be a scary place when you're that little and you're having to make up your own rules.
I don't doubt that they love the boys dearly but I just see two immature kids raising kids. And I'm not casting any aspersions on younger parents here, it's about where you are in your own head and how much you can give to a child. I often feel like B and M view them as these cute little accessories rather than viewing them as the individuals that they both are. They seem to only see the now, what suits at the moment rather than thinking of the future that they are setting up, especially in terms of Oliver.

beachlover0621
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by beachlover0621 »

those are some god awful shoes. he is going to look so pathetic it's going to be laughable. wonder what his "friends" are going to think about his "swag new outfit"

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ferriswheel wrote:It sounded more like Mattie and Bryan were trying to sing over each other instead of together. Did Ollie elbow Finn in the head while they were ending the vlog today or was it just the camera angle?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
What didnt make any sense to me was when he showed a pic of his phone, it was playing the song they were singing. So im confused as to what was going on or what we were hearing. I assumed we were hearing them actually sing it live, so were they singing OVER the recorded version to practice? Thats not at all how its done Bryan... lol Either that was happening or we were hearing the actual EP cut, and if thats the case then this party will be hilarious bc they SUCK big time
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

beachlover0621 wrote:those are some god awful shoes. he is going to look so pathetic it's going to be laughable. wonder what his "friends" are going to think about his "swag new outfit" Image

He is going to look like the biggest douche bag ever. Those shoes are terrible. I have no clue why a grown man would wear such a thing. If you are trying to look like a pop star, Bryan, try channeling some Justin Timberlake, instead of Justin Bieber.. At least you wont LOOK like an asshole (even though you will still sound like one)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
beachlover0621 wrote:those are some god awful shoes. he is going to look so pathetic it's going to be laughable. wonder what his "friends" are going to think about his "swag new outfit" Image

He is going to look like the biggest douche bag ever. Those shoes are terrible. I have no clue why a grown man would wear such a thing. If you are trying to look like a pop star, Bryan, try channeling some Justin Timberlake, instead of Justin Bieber.. At least you wont LOOK like an asshole (even though you will still sound like one)
You hit the nail on the head! He wants to be JB, when he'd be so much better off as JT. At least the man has style, and knows how to dress like a grown up.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

You hit the nail on the head! He wants to be JB, when he'd be so much better off as JT. At least the man has style, and knows how to dress like a grown up.

I will never know why people want to strive to be like the Beibs. Maybe im just old. LOL
kate514
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kate514 »

Hpgirl wrote:
Dit4dat wrote:Isn't it funny that Pissy, a wannabe crunchy mom, feeds her kid garbage everyday.
Just because you baby wear doesn't mean you're a good mother, Missy.

I don't care that they waste their money and buy toys for Ollie every day. To be honest, I think it's weird that people on here care so much about their finances lol

It's so ironic because in the beginning, Missy seemed like she would make a good mom providing healthy food for her son. She would actually try to make her own food for Ollie (when he first started eating solids) and she'd try to buy organic foods too. She'd even cloth diaper to save money. She wouldn't even let him have anything processed or with so much sugar on it. Now, sooo much has changed. The kid gets frozen food for almost every meal, eats the same thing everyday, and gets bribed with a "sucker" at least once every other day. She completely stopped caring.
did you notice that was when they moved into this house and out of mimi and papa's house, though?
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Ok OT kinda of someone just brought up the brain scan... Did they ever say the results? This was before my time so i just went back to watch that video
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sweet456 wrote:Ok OT kinda of someone just brought up the brain scan... Did they ever say the results? This was before my time so i just went back to watch that video
They came back totally normal, of course!!! *eye roll* but this was because she rigged the test. What i wonder about is the heart scans/testing. I dont think they ever addressed what the results were to those. Why make a big deal about showing you taking your kids to cardiologist appointments and not even follow up?? But 90% of the children watching them have forgotten about that now so why bring it up???
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ollie is still having "episodes" though, isn't he? I don't watch the vlogs closely enough to see, but I've seen people posting here that he's having moments where he's freezing up.

kyliejimjam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kyliejimjam »

You "guizze" taught me something new today. I'd never heard of a crunchy mum! It's funny!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Can someone explain to me (or point me in the direction to read here, not sure where to find it) how the ads work on youtube? I guess my question is, if i watch a video without an ad at the beginning (like DB was for me today) does that mean the video was sponsored, or there will be product placement? I know some days i get ads, some days i dont and i wonder if its just random or do they have control over it? This is me assuming if the video doesnt have an ad or isnt sponsored then they get no income off of it, and i know the Bums arent going to do free videos. (I'll also say that i haven watched to full video yet so maybe they are clear about it being sponsored later, but there is not blurb in the description about sponsorship...)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Ollie is still having "episodes" though, isn't he? I don't watch the vlogs closely enough to see, but I've seen people posting here that he's having moments where he's freezing up.

Ive noticed them several times but of course his parents just laugh it off.
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

So Missy had an IUD implanted a month ago, and now thinks her kidney pain is due to it. So guess what? Doctor Missy, after scouring Google for hours, has decided she might just want to "get it removed".

Amazingly she's going back to the doctor tomorrow to find out why her blood work came back abnormal. She even admits it might be because she "doesn't eat vegetables". LOL. Hi, Missy.

xoxo gossip cat
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Lol. Missy got "attacked" by a Squatty Potty. Wonder if it was from Jared

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Thoughts on today's vlog (I'm working today and we are suuuuuper slow so im like a posting maniac lol)

Blaming the toy breaking on Karma.. Nice...

Missy, why the hell are you wearing a headband that looks like something a toddler would wear?

Missy admits she has an IUD!!!!!!

Ollies hair looks awful and yet another grilled cheese/chocolate milk and food montage.

Is it strange to everyone else that they have personalized signs (well the Bama one isn't personalized) for other vloggers kids who live all over the country and have literally NEVER been to Mimi and Poppa's, in the backyard compound park? But yet they have nothing for Liv and Payt who are actual family and there all the time??

More grilled cheese for dinner... good lord.
aprilfromengland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aprilfromengland »

So Oliver had grilled cheese for lunch and grilled cheese for tea? I would be so embarrassed, embarrassed that I had brought my kid up to only eat beige buffets of grilled cheese and Mac n cheese.

Also notice how Bryan and missy pig out in front of the to with their meals whilst poor Ollie is sat at the table on his own. I just can't.

Ollie is spoilt and a full on brat I feel sorry for him because it's not his fault poor kid, it's his mum and dads. As if they haven't got help for his speech issues.
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

Playsinrain wrote:
Is it strange to everyone else that they have personalized signs (well the Bama one isn't personalized) for other vloggers kids who live all over the country and have literally NEVER been to Mimi and Poppa's, in the backyard compound park? But yet they have nothing for Liv and Payt who are actual family and there all the time??

I was just coming here to say the same thing. Why do they have customized parts of their backyard for kids who have seemingly never even met Mimi and Papa, live in different states, and will more than likely never even go into that backyard?
Payton and Olivia are actual family and they don't even get any signs or gardens? How shitty will they feel when they're older?

More cringe worthy attempts by Bryan to buy his friends gratitude and be the best friend of them all.

xoxo gossip cat
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

WHY iTunes Canada... I don't want to see Bryan's face every time I go on my account...
And lol I'm waiting for the minions to ask what an IUD is in the comments. I'm sure some parents will have to give The Talk to their kids today! :?
#FreeFinleyandJackson
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cats-or-die wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

I was just coming here to say the same thing. Why do they have customized parts of their backyard for kids who have seemingly never even met Mimi and Papa, live in different states, and will more than likely never even go into that backyard?
Payton and Olivia are actual family and they don't even get any signs or gardens? How shitty will they feel when they're older?

More cringe worthy attempts by Bryan to buy his friends gratitude and be the best friend of them all.

xoxo gossip cat
You are exactly on point with Bryan trying to buy his friends. As someone who's best friend lives states away, i cant be critical of the fact that their friends are long distance, but it seems like you would do something special for the kids that actually USE the compound playground before you personalized whole areas of the backyard for kids that won't ever use it. The girls will notice it and be bummed about it. But who are we kidding, since we brought it up they will have something put in for them ASAP.. HI MISSY!!!!!!

Return to “Daily Bumps”