Sid + Dina

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sid + Dina

Unread post by CypKitty »

Who watches this hilarious couple/new parents on Youtube!
They are awesome!
Dina has another channel dedicated to fashion but her and Sid share the other one.
Sid is Pakistani, Dina is half Egyptian, they are both residing in Britain with their 2 month old Hana.
Fresh air, I tell you!
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Re: Sid + Dina

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

Omg i stumbled across her channel a few wks ago. I love them! Dina is hilarious. We have such a similar sense of humor. I also appreciate them not shoving the camera in Hannahs face.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I just started watching them over the weekend and I can't get enough.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They want to protect Hana's safety and that's fair enough, I am all up for that.

Who loved the videos of Dina wrecking Sid's wallet and he retaliated by wrecking her make up? Hilarious!
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The makeup video was the first one I watched. I knew he had to be insane. LOL! The video where she bleaches his hair is hilarious! I can't believe he had no clue what she was doing. I love that they aren't your typical family vloggers. I'm not sure I should call them family vloggers at all. They're youtubers who have a baby, but still act like young adults. It was kinda refreshing to hear them talk about becoming parents. They told the truth and I think it's important that the kids who idolize youtubers hear that. It's not all fun and cuteness. It really seems like they wish they had waited to have a baby.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So I got the other half to watch a few videos with me and he actually didn't like the pranks! The make up one yes but not the rest (dunno if it hurts his pride or something) but he reckons they are fake and have issues. Personally I love their "Ask Sid and Dina" segments
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I don't think they are fake, but I do think they have their issues. I don't think they are on the brink of divorce, but I do think Sid gets annoyed with Dina. They had to wait a while to get married so I don't think they'd give up easily. Plus they're still adjusting to the baby. They seemed to be a bit more settled into parenthood though. The Ask Sid and Dina segments are great. I'm not sure they give the greatest advice, but they mean well. It's cool to learn new things about Islam from their videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Never said they were on the brink of divorce - nothing like that. But I have a feeling that there isn't a full acceptance from both sides of the family and that causes tension
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Could that most recent vlog be anymore judgmental? It peed me off, Dina just straight out thought it was disgusting and refused to see the other side of it. FFS
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The one about the masturbating dad?? I found it kinda hard to follow and I didn't pay much attention when it was on. I thought it was kinda interesting that she admits to not liking the hijab in yesterday's video. Then she says the main reason she wears it is for business purposes. She says that it makes her miserable. I always thought of her as a positive role model for girls who wear the hijab because she made it seem like it was a choice, but her comments make it seem like that's not entirely true. If kept saying the viewer shouldn't take it off because it would be hard to put back on. I was confused by that because isn't that the reason for taking it off? I'm not familiar with their culture, so it's also odd to me that she would feel that she can't be a modest fashion blogger without hijab. Part of me wonders if the feels the hijab gives her an edge? I don't know. She seemed sad when she spoke about it.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:The one about the masturbating dad?? I found it kinda hard to follow and I didn't pay much attention when it was on. I thought it was kinda interesting that she admits to not liking the hijab in yesterday's video. Then she says the main reason she wears it is for business purposes. She says that it makes her miserable. I always thought of her as a positive role model for girls who wear the hijab because she made it seem like it was a choice, but her comments make it seem like that's not entirely true. If kept saying the viewer shouldn't take it off because it would be hard to put back on. I was confused by that because isn't that the reason for taking it off? I'm not familiar with their culture, so it's also odd to me that she would feel that she can't be a modest fashion blogger without hijab. Part of me wonders if the feels the hijab gives her an edge? I don't know. She seemed sad when she spoke about it.
However in her hijab story she said she has never left the house without it since she started wearing it and didn't have a problem with it. If she is showing hair (which is dyed again) anyway then why not take it off? Perhaps it has more to do with her family's reaction.

Yeah the dad masturbating one. She was quite judgmental on the situation, not really taking into account the health factors leading to it.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah, it could be her family. Once she mentioned that her father didn't like that she doesn't cover her ankles. I imagine he would flip out if she stopped wearing the scarf, but she's an adult. It seems a little ridiculous that she would allow herself to be miserable to please her father. I know this might be the understatement of the year, but she seems extremely sheltered. It would be nice to see her open up a bit and mature a little more. I don't think Sid would have a problem if she explored a bit more.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I totally agree she is extremely sheltered. I mean, look at her reaction to the masturbation video. What would happen if God forbid something happened to her dad?

And I don't think Sid would mind at all if Dina opened up a bit more. He seems like the encouraging type

Return to “Q-Z”