Underage and Pregnant

emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Underage and Pregnant

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

Has anyone else seen this series? It's from the UK and was shot more like documentaries on the girls vs a reality show like US teen pregnancy shows are. Sometimes you see them after they've already had their babies, while others you watch as they're pregnant and give birth. You can basically find 95% of the episodes on YouTube if you type the title in, but I'll leave a few I thought were rather interesting linked as examples.

- Charlotte and Allanah; identical twin sisters. The first got pregnant the week after her 14th birthday, and the other got pregnant less than a year later!
- Zena; this one is such a mess and honestly sad. She purposely got pregnant at fifteen because her only ambition was to have a family & had wanted to get pregnant since she was eight.
- Abby & Riley (her baby) - THIS ONE is heartbreaking. Her son is disabled and they were struggling to find a diagnosis, but it does have a happy ending.

There's plenty more, but those three stuck out to me right now.
jesswhytho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Underage and Pregnant

Unread post by jesswhytho »

Ive seen a bunch! A lot of the episodes are pretty heartbreaking and most of the girls are so dumb...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Underage and Pregnant

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I've seen an episode or two on YouTube but I honestly can't understand half of what they're saying since I'm not from the UK so I don't always finish an episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

zipadeedodah wrote:I've seen an episode or two on YouTube but I honestly can't understand half of what they're saying since I'm not from the UK so I don't always finish an episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, have you seen the one with the girl named Michaela? I couldn't understand a word out of anyone in that family's mouth!
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

that's a Scottish accent . I'm from Australia and weirdly I can understand all commonwealth accents but not regional US accents

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

Yeah I’m from New Zealand so I can understand most accents. With some of those girls I really need to focus though! I think I’ve seen them all now. I remember liking a South African girl and the one who came from a well off family who thought ‘it would never happen to them’ but the majority were clearly a bit lacking in intelligence and parenting skills. Gosh, those twins made me sad! Their parents seemed alright so I don’t know how they neded up with two kids with such low self confidence. Was this the one where there was a girl whose boyfriend died? She was really young but seemed pretty mature.

To anyone who can’t understand them – doesn’t youtube have a captions option? Or is that only for some videos?
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

Oh no, the one with the girl who's boyfriend died was named Courtney. She was also one of my favorites, because she actually seemed mature ESPECIALLY after going through something that bad.
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

Oh, yeah by ‘was this the one…’ I mean ‘was this programme the one..’.
Yeah, definitely. From the little you see of the boyfriend he might not have been quite up to parenting yet, but she definitely stepped up
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

yeah I agree. I thought the identical twin that got pregnant first seemed to be doing a good job and was impressed that the twins parents recognized that the other daughter seemed to be crying out for attention(or possibly a role in the TV show that had probably already begun negotiations with her sister) I'd be keeping my bedroom and making both twins plus assorted partners children stay in one room though. I'm bitter though as when I was 16 there was no reality TV and teen parenthood was seemingly a harder road.

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

pingupingu wrote:They live on their own now. Charley broke up with her bf and is now living with her new bf and son, and Allanah lives on her own with her son. Both took responsability and are really good moms
Can I ask how you know this? But still, good for them, I'm glad they both stepped up.
freshEyremom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freshEyremom »

So Lewis is out of the picture? That's sad. I'm glad they both got out and got their own places They put a lot on their parents shoulders and it just seemed like a very stressful living situation for the youngest daughter. How old are both kids now?
rock_on
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rock_on »

The one I couldn't stand was Megan or whatever. She was the girl who got pregnant at 13 and she had an horrible know it all entitled attitude. Saying shit like : " I knew I would eventually get pregnant if I kept having unprotected sex", " I'll keep having babies until I get a girl" and my personal favorite " ewww I don't want my belly to make me look fat" I get that she was immature because of her age but it was real hard to not facepalm and pray for her baby everytime she opened her mouth.
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

"I'll keep having babies until I get a girl" Missy, is that you?
PaigeF
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PaigeF »

pingupingu wrote:
emilynicole1435 wrote:
pingupingu wrote:They live on their own now. Charley broke up with her bf and is now living with her new bf and son, and Allanah lives on her own with her son. Both took responsability and are really good moms
Can I ask how you know this? But still, good for them, I'm glad they both stepped up.
I do have contact with their family :)
Not that I don't believe you but why do you say they have a "mom". Both the girls and their families are from Devon, England and no one in England says or types Mom, it's Mum. Just curious how you know them when you're American...?
jedoc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jedoc »

Not that I don't believe you but why do you say they have a "mom". Both the girls and their families are from Devon, England and no one in England says or types Mom, it's Mum. Just curious how you know them when you're American...?
Saying Mom doesnt mean you're American haha, I'm Irish and on this site I say diaper and pacifier and such instead of nappy and dummy because it's a mainly American site...
PaigeF
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PaigeF »

jedoc321 wrote:

Saying Mom doesnt mean you're American haha, I'm Irish and on this site I say diaper and pacifier and such instead of nappy and dummy because it's a mainly American site...
Yeah I get that but this is talking about an English show where all the kids say Mum and nappy and dummy so just think it's odd. To me, they are a Mum with a Mum. Not a Mom. The only time I say "Mom" is when I'm referring to American Mom's.
cookiedoh12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiedoh12 »

I'm 100% English always type mom and call my mom momma. It's no biggie

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Return to “Q-Z”