Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I tend to think Joel has just taken some time off. Maybe he is even trying to decide if he wants to go back or not. That could explain why they haven't said anything yet, maybe their plans aren't set in stone. Who knows? But I also don't worry too much about them if they do go full time. Joel could never be like Jared. Jared was strange before you tube and will be strange long atter.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?
yoyo16
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by yoyo16 »

thenightowl wrote:My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?
I'm not sure how long he has been off but I've noticed that when he was off for Bonnie's surgery and now for the renovations, they've been posting daily vlogs- Monday through Friday at least.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

He went back to work for a bit in between Bonnie's surgery and now doing the renovations. I am going to believe he took leave for the summer until proven otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

yoyo16 wrote:
thenightowl wrote:My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?
I'm not sure how long he has been off but I've noticed that when he was off for Bonnie's surgery and now for the renovations, they've been posting daily vlogs- Monday through Friday at least.
How long have they been posting daily vlogs? I remember Bonnie saying it wasn't something that she was ready to commit to, but she'd try to put up extra vlogs if she could. Early Thursdaymorning I saw the thumbnail of Lincoln in the swing. As happy as I was to see him, I just had a sinking feeling. It used to be special when Bonnie put up a vlog, I don't want them to be daily vloggers. It will change things, it already has. A couple of vlogs ago Joel reminded viewers to subscribe. I think one of the kids reminded us to like and subscribe too. I really like Bonnie and Joel. I like the traditional dad who goes to work every day and is a treat to have at home. And the fact that Bonnie's channel is a huge success for a sahm. It is already going to be a big adjustment to have E&J just blocks away. I am hoping that this is a leave of absence and nothing more. And I prefer a MWF schedule.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I agree with HS- I can't see Joel being like the other YTers because you know some of them, like DBEJ, chased the YT fame because it was an easy way to make money for their lazy work ethic.

I don't think Joel quit, or at least I don't want to allow myself to think he has. Whatever happened to the vlog where she talks about how they could never be at home together all the time because they'd drive each other crazy and that Joel likes working?

That's what I like so much about Bonnie - the "realness" of her life. I'd be disappointed too if she signed with a network because I feel as though her content would slightly change and she wouldn't be making as much! I know networks usually entail more subscribers, but I think Bonnie should let her channel bloom on its own, as it has been doing since she started.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Anyone wonder if the important business conference call was to do with a network or something? I did after reading here.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I sure hope not. She's doing just fine without one. Maybe it was just for an endorsement.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I just checked Social Blade and they estimated that Bonnie's channel is making between 32k and 500k a year. Even if it is on the low end and she is making about 100k a year that is a lot to live on in Utah. Bonnie has always been so upfront with her viewers about Joel's work and him taking off time for her surgery. The fact that they are so hush hush about all the questions leads me to believe that they know their viewers will be disappointed if they find out that Joel is no longer working and they don't want the backlash. Bonnie is now daily vlogging which she said she never wanted to do and she is asking for likes and thumbs up at the end of her vlogs. So things have definitely changed. Her subscriptions are also down 54% from previous months which to me would indicate that her important call was from a network that will help to promote her channel. So now it really looks like this is more about income and no longer a fun hobby for them. Just my observations and theories...of course I could totally have it wrong. But for me I think it would be sad if Joel really did stop working, I don't want him to change and end up like Jared, Bryan, or all those other YouTube husbands that don't work outside the home. They all of a sudden become totally un relatable to viewers. Ok....my rant is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bethypooh51 wrote:I just checked Social Blade and they estimated that Bonnie's channel is making between 32k and 500k a year. Even if it is on the low end and she is making about 100k a year that is a lot to live on in Utah. Bonnie has always been so upfront with her viewers about Joel's work and him taking off time for her surgery. The fact that they are so hush hush about all the questions leads me to believe that they know their viewers will be disappointed if they find out that Joel is no longer working and they don't want the backlash. Bonnie is now daily vlogging which she said she never wanted to do and she is asking for likes and thumbs up at the end of her vlogs. So things have definitely changed. Her subscriptions are also down 54% from previous months which to me would indicate that her important call was from a network that will help to promote her channel. So now it really looks like this is more about income and no longer a fun hobby for them. Just my observations and theories...of course I could totally have it wrong. But for me I think it would be sad if Joel really did stop working, I don't want him to change and end up like Jared, Bryan, or all those other YouTube husbands that don't work outside the home. They all of a sudden become totally un relatable to viewers. Ok....my rant is over.

Your SB stats are incredibly misleading. The rate of sub INCREASE is down 54% because they took an amazing leap when her video went viral last month. At one point she was up 80% For them to plateau back out again is normal. Expect the numbers to go back on the green when she's 30 days out from that spike.

Bonnie has stated on Twitter that she still isn't committing to DV, but that she films when they have stuff going on. They are out of the house a lot doing stuff, and busy with the renos. That's a lot of interesting content to show right now. Maybe she's just taking advantage of that and covering the income while Joel is off?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:I sure hope not. She's doing just fine without one. Maybe it was just for an endorsement.

Maybe it was a "bucket list" level endorsement Image
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

Your SB stats are incredibly misleading. The rate of sub INCREASE is down 54% because they took an amazing leap when her video went viral last month. At one point she was up 80% For them to plateau back out again is normal. Expect the numbers to go back on the green when she's 30 days out from that spike.

Bonnie has stated on Twitter that she still isn't committing to DV, but that she films when they have stuff going on. They are out of the house a lot doing stuff, and busy with the renos. That's a lot of interesting content to show right now. Maybe she's just taking advantage of that and covering the income while Joel is off?

You are right, I forgot about her viral video and all the new subs from that. Honestly, I have always loved Bonnie and Joel and always wish them nothing but the best. If Joel did quit his job we will all get over it...it is their life. I was just thinking out loud in my previous post and speculating.
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I don't like Jared and Bryan because of their personalities. Sure, they've become more OTT because they're trying to rake in that YT cash, but I don't think that Joel would do the same. I'll eat my words if it happens, but I just don't see YT changing Joel as a person.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

CanYouJustNot wrote:I don't like Jared and Bryan because of their personalities. Sure, they've become more OTT because they're trying to rake in that YT cash, but I don't think that Joel would do the same. I'll eat my words if it happens, but I just don't see YT changing Joel as a person.
I think Joel and Bonnie would stay relatable the way Cullen and Katie have, for the same reasons: they're older and more mature, and managed to support themselves and buy a home before YouTube. E&J and B&M started vlogging very young, and got lots of money and adoration young, and that seems to change people. I still think Joel is just taking time off for the renovations, but that's just my opinion. I've said it before, but it's not just the income. The benefits-- retirement, health insurance, dental insurance-- with 4 kids, those things are a very big deal.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I think vloggers sell their souls to the network, and that added pressure changes them. I hope they stay independent, more than I care if Joel stays at home.
TurtleFOD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TurtleFOD »

To break up this speculation about Joel quitting his job I just want to say i really love seeing Lincoln in the vlogs recently he's got his own little personality now!

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

So many people in her neighbourhood watch your video. The little girl who knew so much about Olivia, I would have freaked out.

Lincoln's face painting was so funny. Glad to see Joel take a break from working on the house.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I sure hope not. She's doing just fine without one. Maybe it was just for an endorsement.

Maybe it was a "bucket list" level endorsement Image
Yeah, like Red Lobster or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
iregretthis
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iregretthis »

Vincere wrote:So many people in her neighbourhood watch your video. The little girl who knew so much about Olivia, I would have freaked out.

Lincoln's face painting was so funny. Glad to see Joel take a break from working on the house.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I assume the girl was referencing this video which has 4mil views and the thumbnail is probably what she recalls. Idk, I wouldn't find it that strange, haha.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”