Schmovies

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Schmovies

Unread post by tratra58 »

hking224 wrote:I couldn't find a thread about them so I decided to create one. Does anyone else watch them? They live in my area so that's what made me start watching them originally.

Tim and Dana have been married for 10 years and have 6 kids. They have 4 girls (Hannah, Halle, Charis, & Chloe) and 2 boys (Zeke & Toby). They homeschool their kids and are in the process of buying their first home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw Dana Weigh Watcher vlogs and than Tim's lost of employment at their church was how I found this vlog. It appeared to be troubling times with his job loss.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hking224 »

So I think their nanny Nicole is moving to go back to school soon. I'm pretty sure they said that in a vlog not too long ago. I wonder if they will search for someone new or if they will try to get by without someone helping.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hking224 wrote:So I think their nanny Nicole is moving to go back to school soon. I'm pretty sure they said that in a vlog not too long ago. I wonder if they will search for someone new or if they will try to get by without someone helping.

I think having help was for the first year with the adjustment to 6 kids. Yet, I think they could be even busier when the twins start moving.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thenightowl wrote:I don't mind them, I think what they vlog is real and not staged etc.. a few things do bother me a bit, the way Tim speaks (his lisp and the baby voice) can get on my nerves and how they plan on putting all 4 girls in the same room, I am glad they didn't go ahead and get that previous house (the one with the big drop in the yard with the rock wall) I just didn't think it looked safe and there wasn't much flat land for the kids to play). I think they would need a 5 bedroom house because their live in nanny needs a room.
But overall I like them, the kids seem well behaved and they are all just so darn cute.
I like they recently explained after Toby Dana had postpartum depression since it explains why Tim was doing everything including homeschooling. Dana also talked about her concerns when Tim's employment was in a phase of transitioning to YouTube and unsure how it would go. But Dana, a teacher, sure could have worked too, but it seems this wasn't even considered. Teachers have some significant benefits including medical.

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

Has anyone watched the house reveal yet? I tried to figure out which house they bought and I was right! They got a 4 bedroom house about 15 minutes from me. They are in a great neighborhood! A complete difference from their old house.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Wow I am so so impressed with the house!! Honestly based off their current home and the last one they almost bought, I wasn't expecting anything too much. There's a ton of room and it's decently updated! I was seriously convinced it would be an older house that still would be a bit cramped. I am so happy for them! And selfishly, I enjoy watching vlogs in spacious/less cluttered houses more...maybe it's because there's more/better lighting and less background stuff going on. That probably sounds dumb but I just don't like looking at such cramped spaces lol. I am interested to see how they decorate and all that. There's a whole lot of rooms that need furniture and they seem pretty tight on the budget. Overall though, I am impressed and can't wait to see things unfold.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

liz749 wrote:Wow I am so so impressed with the house!! Honestly based off their current home and the last one they almost bought, I wasn't expecting anything too much. There's a ton of room and it's decently updated! I was seriously convinced it would be an older house that still would be a bit cramped. I am so happy for them! And selfishly, I enjoy watching vlogs in spacious/less cluttered houses more...maybe it's because there's more/better lighting and less background stuff going on. That probably sounds dumb but I just don't like looking at such cramped spaces lol. I am interested to see how they decorate and all that. There's a whole lot of rooms that need furniture and they seem pretty tight on the budget. Overall though, I am impressed and can't wait to see things unfold.

It really is a nice family home and a better one than the previous home that they almost purchase that had structural issues and the deal fell through. I still don't get putting all the girls in one room since it didn’t look that big, but I tend to think they'll move two into the guest room in the future. I also wouldn't move the desk upstairs since it look good there or it was a nice piece of furnishings in the entry level. The backyard look very nice. I think they used the cramped space as why things were not tidy so we'll soon find out if this holds true with a larger space. Carpet cleaning is a huge job for one day with a larger home but easier with no furniture. I might have waited one more day for the move in to let carpet dry or if time permitted try to get some painting done. Loved how Dana cried on this special moment in life.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow, they essentially moved in within a day with lots of help from friends. Impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

I don't know how most homeschool parents function but it really bothers me that the kids are just sitting around playing video games while their peers are learning in school. They already did a whole year of pretty bare bones schooling due to the twins being born and a priority and now with the move, school has been pushed to the back burner again. I understand homeschool provides a lot of flexibility with schedules but they have been majorly slacking! I also get there's been lots of other stressors and things preventing them from schooling but if you don't have the time to dedicate to do it right, they need to go to a normal school. They're definitely missing out on vital education right now. Dana also mentioned Hannah was totally unmotivated to read and try homeschooling activities and I'm just thinking well yeah that's halfway normal but halfway because she's not used to doing actual work. I'm worried things will only get worse when Nicole leaves because Danas work will double. After seeing her routine with the twins today and seeing how stressed and overwhelmed she was, I'm definitely concerned about how she's gonna make homeschool possible-she's definitely got her hands full. Hopefully nothing tragic happens and the kids need to go to real school because at this point I think they'd be way behind. Not saying they can't catch up and won't be fine in the long run but at this point homeschool is looking pretty rough to me.

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

School hasn't even started here. We start next week.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

foreversoulmates wrote:School hasn't even started here. We start next week.
Interesting, I know it varies by region/country but I am in the state next to them. Most of our schools started two weeks ago, and many before that. Considering they have basically taken half a school year and the summer off, I think it's time to get back into things. Dana hasn't even figured the curriculum out all the way yet and has mentioned several times that she is behind and which she could have started earlier-so it could still be a bit before they start as well. I understand the move complicated things but I just can't help but think the kids would be better off in a typical school setting as Dana seems pretty overwhelmed with just basic day to day tasks with 6 kids and a big new house. She'd get a break from some of the kids and could focus on the younger ones and the older kids would get a regular learning schedule. I really do enjoy their vlogs and this family but this bothers me. Education is important and while I know Dana agrees with this, I just think she's in over her head right now and I foresee the kids suffering academically because of it. I don't really get the whole family team mantra they push or why the kids need to be kept at home to fulfill that.

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

liz749 wrote:I don't know how most homeschool parents function but it really bothers me that the kids are just sitting around playing video games while their peers are learning in school. They already did a whole year of pretty bare bones schooling due to the twins being born and a priority and now with the move, school has been pushed to the back burner again. I understand homeschool provides a lot of flexibility with schedules but they have been majorly slacking! I also get there's been lots of other stressors and things preventing them from schooling but if you don't have the time to dedicate to do it right, they need to go to a normal school. They're definitely missing out on vital education right now. Dana also mentioned Hannah was totally unmotivated to read and try homeschooling activities and I'm just thinking well yeah that's halfway normal but halfway because she's not used to doing actual work. I'm worried things will only get worse when Nicole leaves because Danas work will double. After seeing her routine with the twins today and seeing how stressed and overwhelmed she was, I'm definitely concerned about how she's gonna make homeschool possible-she's definitely got her hands full. Hopefully nothing tragic happens and the kids need to go to real school because at this point I think they'd be way behind. Not saying they can't catch up and won't be fine in the long run but at this point homeschool is looking pretty rough to me.

I was just coming here to post this! I'm curious to see how homeschooling goes when Nicole is gone. I live in the same county as them and kids went back to school on August 17th. Not that they have to start at the same time though since she says they do year round schooling. I do have some of the same concerns you have, though.

notyomama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by notyomama »

They're local to me as well! *waves* I mentioned in a comment and left the name of a homeschooling group locally and Tim didn't seem interested lol.

I homeschool as well, and we're not starting until after labor day, because my husband will have a long weekend and I figured we'd just wait until that's over and stay in schedule. Also theres NO way I could film while teaching, so maybe they don't? My kids wouldn't pay any attention and goof off for the camera for sure.
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

Ikea is 45 minutes away and they have been there twice in the past couple of days, lol.

notyomama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by notyomama »

I thought it was weird they went in and left then went back? O.o
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

Wow, that Target trip seemed like fun today... Lol. I was surprised that all of the kids got tennis shoes or play shoes, but Halle got cowgirl boots.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

There is NO way I would take 4 kids to Target at 8pm lol, I do like how down to earth they are and how she shows the good and not so good times. I was surprised she let Hallie get the cowgirl boots but wonder if she could just get hand me down tennis shoes from Hannah so she would have some kind of play shoes.
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

And when she told them they were going to do something special if they were good at Target, I TOTALLY wasn't expecting her to say they would go look at the pajamas. I was thinking ice cream or something. Lol

timmytommy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by timmytommy »

Yes, I felt sorry for the kids at the Target trip. I was thinking ice cream, too...or at least a shared game or toy. Well, I guess they don't have scratchy pajamas (as Dana put it) now.

Does anyone worry about what will happen with Dana once Ms. Nicole drifts away? I would be pulling my hair out with 6 young kids (and homeschooling!), especially with Tim traveling occasionally. I truly hope she doesn't have to deal with another depressive episode because that sounded awful for her after Toby, and she was very hesitant to admit it the first time she struggled.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Oh yeah I forgot about the special surprise lol, the look on their faces when she said pajamas :/ I felt bad, I thought she was going to let them pick out a toy or a piece of candy.
I am not sure about homeschooling, I am not against it but I don't see the difference between sitting them in front of a computer vs in a classroom, seems like they do a lot of online stuff, Hannah would do great in school. I guess I will have to see how it goes.

Return to “Q-Z”