TTC help...short lutheal phase?

Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

TTC help...short lutheal phase?

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

Hey ladies...so I just read that if you have a short lutheal phase (less than 11 days between ovulation and 1st day of period), you have little chances of conceiving...My lutheal phase is barely 7-8 days long, and as my bf and I wanna start ttcing next year, I got really worried about it :(
Anybody has gone through this? What did you do?
To make things worse I also have ovarian cysts and very, very irregular periods...my body just doesn't wanna cooperate :'(
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: TTC help...short lutheal phase?

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Pingupingu2 wrote:Hey ladies...so I just read that if you have a short lutheal phase (less than 11 days between ovulation and 1st day of period), you have little chances of conceiving...My lutheal phase is barely 7-8 days long, and as my bf and I wanna start ttcing next year, I got really worried about it :(
To make things worse I also have ovarian cysts and very, very irregular periods...my body just doesn't wanna cooperate :'(
Getting pregnant won't be the problem for you if you're ovulating.... staying pregnant with a short luteal phase is the issue. You need to have some investigating done in order to rule out PCOS or a hormone imbalance. Progesterone will easily lengthen your luteal cycle.

In some areas doctor's won't see you unless you've been TTC for 12 months. My advice is to start documenting your cycles now. That way you walk into an appointment with as much information for the doctor as possible.

Good luck!
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Pingupingu2 wrote:Hey ladies...so I just read that if you have a short lutheal phase (less than 11 days between ovulation and 1st day of period), you have little chances of conceiving...My lutheal phase is barely 7-8 days long, and as my bf and I wanna start ttcing next year, I got really worried about it :(
Getting pregnant won't be the problem for you if you're ovulating.... staying pregnant with a short luteal phase is the issue. You need to have some investigating done in order to rule out PCOS or a hormone imbalance. Progesterone will easily lengthen your luteal cycle.

In some areas doctor's won't see you unless you've been TTC for 12 months. My advice is to start documenting your cycles now. That way you walk into an appointment with as much information for the doctor as possible.

Good luck!
I've been documenting my periods for over a year now, however my Dr. is such a happy-flower and thinks everything's alright... I've always had 7-8 day LP, irregular periods and sometimes I don't ovulate...I might change doctors and get a blood work done :|

thank you for replying! :) <3
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Pingupingu2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Good luck!
I've been documenting my periods for over a year now, however my Dr. is such a happy-flower and thinks everything's alright... I've always had 7-8 day LP, irregular periods and sometimes I don't ovulate...I might change doctors and get a blood work done :|

thank you for replying! :) <3
Definitely get bloodwork down if you can, and have them check your blood glucose. They found I had insulin-resistance from my PCOS and it was leading to a short LP and causing recurrent losses. I started Metformin and started having shorter/more regular cycles and a longer LP right away!

At least you are looking into it. Don't get too worried about it since there's no reason to believe you'll have trouble just yet, but definitely find a doctor that is willing to listen to your concerns Image
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Getting pregnant won't be the problem for you if you're ovulating.... staying pregnant with a short luteal phase is the issue. You need to have some investigating done in order to rule out PCOS or a hormone imbalance. Progesterone will easily lengthen your luteal cycle.

Good luck!

thank you for replying! :) <3[/quote]

Definitely get bloodwork down if you can, and have them check your blood glucose. They found I had insulin-resistance from my PCOS and it was leading to a short LP and causing recurrent losses. I started Metformin and started having shorter/more regular cycles and a longer LP right away!

At least you are looking into it. Don't get too worried about it since there's no reason to believe you'll have trouble just yet, but definitely find a doctor that is willing to listen to your concerns Image[/quote]

Thank you so much! :) I already booked a Dr.s appointment for next Monday...crossing my fingers nothing abnormal will come out of my bloodwork :lol:
elfie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by elfie »

HelloSweetie has you covered! I just wanted to pop in and wish you luck on your TTC journey! :)
It's a good thing that you already have doctors and tracking and everything sorted out, because hopefully that'll shorten the whole process when you start trying. My TTC journey took 2 years with 2 miscarriages, and through that, I learned that while I have a semi-average 31 day cycle, I only ovulated a week before the end of my cycle, instead of 2 weeks before, like most normal ladies.
And while yes, there's such a smaller chance of conceiving and staying pregnant, please don't lose hope! I was just about to quit after the 2 years and 2 miscarriages, but now I'm 16 weeks along, and so far everything has been great! I have a lot of confidence for you, and I hope your TTC journey goes well! Good luck! <3
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

elfie wrote:HelloSweetie has you covered! I just wanted to pop in and wish you luck on your TTC journey! :)
It's a good thing that you already have doctors and tracking and everything sorted out, because hopefully that'll shorten the whole process when you start trying. My TTC journey took 2 years with 2 miscarriages, and through that, I learned that while I have a semi-average 31 day cycle, I only ovulated a week before the end of my cycle, instead of 2 weeks before, like most normal ladies.
And while yes, there's such a smaller chance of conceiving and staying pregnant, please don't lose hope! I was just about to quit after the 2 years and 2 miscarriages, but now I'm 16 weeks along, and so far everything has been great! I have a lot of confidence for you, and I hope your TTC journey goes well! Good luck! <3
Thank you so much for your good wishes and encouragement! :) I'm so happy for you, I'm sure you're gonna have an amazing pregnancy and a beautiful baby <3 You are so right though, quitting is the worst thing we can do in these cases...it may be difficult but miracles happen, right? Hopefuly we'll be able to conceive sooner than after, and of course I'll let you all lovely people know as soon as we get our BFP ^_^

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”