Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

I enjoyed the low key birthday party, seems like that year has gone fast.
And heart melt at Grandma C sending a card just before she died.
All my gran gives me on my birthdays are lectures about my many many failures :-P

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Lincoln is so cute! He really does look like Bonnie.
The birthday card was so sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

The birthday card had me super emotional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

marjg wrote:The birthday card had me super emotional.

Same. Signing and sending it ahead of time was a very bittersweet gesture. You could tell it meant a lot to Joel by how he panicked when Linc almost ripped the card. The Hoelleins were lucky to have a matriarch like her.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

It's been a rough week for me so I was bawling through that part. Especially when they mentioned how the signature was more shaky than normal. Im tearing up thinking about it now. She was such a sweet lady, keeping up with 92 great-grandchild is something else.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... 5057ff.jpg[/img]

I am jealous of her set up but at the same time I just want to go organize it! It almost looks like she tried to alphabetize them but didn't really? I'm a nut though. My spice rack is categorized by herbs/spices/seasonings and alphabetic within each.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

I have messaged Posty in hopes to resolve her issue. Please do not continue the bare bottom talk on this thread.

Thanks!

I agree about the birthday card. So sweet. Can't believe she kept up with all the birthdays.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

The house will be more chill with Cody at school, so hopefully Bonnie can start potty training Boston soon. Not that you rush a child to potty train, but I feel like Boston is intelligent enough to understand.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Yeah I'm sure once the older kids are at school and now that the majority of their renovations are finished she will dedicate the time to toilet train Boston. I have no doubt he will pick it up in no time, he's a smart little boy. He speaks so well.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

boston's face always has mischief written alllllll over it. he makes me laugh!
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

The vlog was very sweet and it seemed like everyone had a fun day. But as someone mentioned in the last part, oh my do those kids need manners! I know Linc doesn't really get the concept of gifts but everyone opened his presents and took them away! Let the poor kid at least look at his new things!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I thought when she said birthday party that her family would show up. I was surprised Jennifer and Chad didn't show up, or at least Ellie and Jared.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I was really happy to see the low-key birthday celebration at the park. Pinata, simple gifts. It felt appropriate for a 1 year old, not a big event that would confuse him and tire him out, but also not too far in the other direction of doing literally nothing either. Lincoln was completely in love with that cupcake once he figured it out, made my ovaries ache.

And I was really glad to see only Joel's parents in attendance. They understand the concept of "low-key" and honestly, I just like them more. We see and hear about the Griffiths constantly. I feel like in some ways, being around her family brings out the worst in Bonnie. Not to say she becomes evil around them... I really do like her, I just feel like there's a certain amount of squealy, materialistic, potentially narcissistic stuff going on in a family of vloggers, and the side of her that's different from them - that married Joel and gets along with his family - is a lot more compelling and likable.

Whew, that was kind of deeper than I meant to dig about the party.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Cody doesn't want to be confused with Jared! Lol!! I don't blame ya, buddy!
tartecheeks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tartecheeks »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:

It's been a rough week for me so I was bawling through that part. Especially when they mentioned how the signature was more shaky than normal. Im tearing up thinking about it now. She was such a sweet lady, keeping up with 92 great-grandchild is something else.
I just finished this one. I was all tears too. I don't even have a grandma lol no no POR but still lol! I hope when I die, I can leave some little surprises like that.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

iheartyt wrote:Cody doesn't want to be confused with Jared! Lol!! I don't blame ya, buddy!
Hahaha. Do any of Bonnie's kids even like Jared? They always seem annoyed/skeptical around him. Bonnie also seems like she is trying hard to be patient and nice around him.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Bonnie's appearance caught me off guard today, and I'm not exactly sure what it was. I've seen her with and without makeup, but today was a strange inbetween and it just didn't look like her!

Loved their chat with the kids about being nice and being good friends. I recently had the chat with my daughter about what to do if she's being bullied, but completely forgot the part about teaching her not to be the bully.

I definitely teared up with her and Joel talking about Cody going to Kindergarten. I feel them. I've been crying every single night thinking about sending my girl in less than two weeks! It's so hard on a mama's heart.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ladymama wrote:Bonnie's appearance caught me off guard today, and I'm not exactly sure what it was. I've seen her with and without makeup, but today was a strange inbetween and it just didn't look like her!

Loved their chat with the kids about being nice and being good friends. I recently had the chat with my daughter about what to do if she's being bullied, but completely forgot the part about teaching her not to be the bully.

I definitely teared up with her and Joel talking about Cody going to Kindergarten. I feel them. I've been crying every single night thinking about sending my girl in less than two weeks! It's so hard on a mama's heart.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
I think she had makeup on today, but no mascara or fake lashes. She did look different.

I completely understand the pain of having them start Kindy. I started stressing about school when my son was just 3. I applied to the school I wanted two years early just to make sure he got in! They instituted full day Kindy the year he started, and I felt like I'd been robbed of my time with him. It was so hard.

It doesn't get much easier though. He's going into Gr 4 and I'm still pretty sad to see him start another year. You aren't wrong... being a mother is definitely hard on a mama's heart!

I appreciated that they told the kids to accept those that are different. I feel like we don't see a lot of that with many of the religious family vloggers. It gives me hope for the future Image
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

alexandriablue wrote:
iheartyt wrote:Cody doesn't want to be confused with Jared! Lol!! I don't blame ya, buddy!
Hahaha. Do any of Bonnie's kids even like Jared? They always seem annoyed/skeptical around him. Bonnie also seems like she is trying hard to be patient and nice around him.
I don't think they are crazy about him...such an odd conversation Bonnie included in this vlog

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

A couple days late, but I too absolutely loved the simple birthday party. I feel like in today's world, kids' birthday parties are more about social media/showing off than they are about the kid. I don't have kids yet, but the stuff I see people post on Facebook regarding birthdays absolutely exhausts me, and I just hope I don't feel pressured to make a big production out of them one day.

That's what I like about Bonnie & Joel ....they keep everything so simple with the kids. They really just want their kids to have a wholesome, pure upbringing.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”