NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Missbreaa
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Unread post by Missbreaa »

Waking up a 11am with a 10 month old? That is beyond ridiculous. I'm guessing Levi doesn't go to bed until midnight maybe even later. Get him on a schedule Kyra or you're screwed when you have your newborn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frustratedytwatcher »

Okay so I feel this is really important to be said and sure you'll all have thoughts on it... I just watched the 10 month old what I eat in a day and counted 46 OUNCES of formula mentioned. I don't have a baby and cannot claim my knowledge comes from any more than a google search that told me a baby of that age should be getting 20 ounces of milk a day. As we all could tell, they are giving him OVER DOUBLE the advised amount. "I can't believe it" is the wrong thing to say because of course we can believe this stupidity from them but seriously, it's shocking to have our concerns confirmed!
adventureswitht
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by adventureswitht »

First time poster, long time lurker,

I've been watching them for a few months now and my mom joins me sometimes and she thinks that both Oscar and Kyra are immature and don't know how to raise a baby right. I just watched their What I Eat In A Day video and I think that it is so fake! All the people that watch their vlogs know that they RARELY give Levi solids; they usually just pop a bottle in his mouth before he sleeps and then they might feed him a fruit.

I also think that they feed Levi way too much! He doesn't need a bottle EVERY time he rides in the car!
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

adventureswitht wrote:First time poster, long time lurker,

I've been watching them for a few months now and my mom joins me sometimes and she thinks that both Oscar and Kyra are immature and don't know how to raise a baby right. I just watched their What I Eat In A Day video and I think that it is so fake! All the people that watch their vlogs know that they RARELY give Levi solids; they usually just pop a bottle in his mouth before he sleeps and then they might feed him a fruit.

I also think that they feed Levi way too much! He doesn't need a bottle EVERY time he rides in the car!
46 OUNCES OF FORMULA!!!!!
adventureswitht
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by adventureswitht »

frustratedytwatcher wrote:
adventureswitht wrote:First time poster, long time lurker,

46 OUNCES OF FORMULA!!!!!

This is exactly what I mean! A baby DOES not need that much! A 10 month old needs 16-24 ounces! They need to understand that he is 10 months! They should not be giving him formula all the time!
Neonbatsintrees
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Neonbatsintrees »

frustratedytwatcher wrote:Okay so I feel this is really important to be said and sure you'll all have thoughts on it... I just watched the 10 month old what I eat in a day and counted 46 OUNCES of formula mentioned. I don't have a baby and cannot claim my knowledge comes from any more than a google search that told me a baby of that age should be getting 20 ounces of milk a day. As we all could tell, they are giving him OVER DOUBLE the advised amount. "I can't believe it" is the wrong thing to say because of course we can believe this stupidity from them but seriously, it's shocking to have our concerns confirmed!
I was shocked at this video.

They seriously need nutrition classes and parenting classes. Here I was hoping things would be slightly different then what we were seeing but dear god....it was confirmed and worse. I'm shocked.

This is an example of what a parent is going out to impressionable kids watching these videos. Fucking fantastic.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

Neonbatsintrees wrote:
frustratedytwatcher wrote:Okay so I feel this is really important to be said and sure you'll all have thoughts on it... I just watched the 10 month old what I eat in a day and counted 46 OUNCES of formula mentioned. I don't have a baby and cannot claim my knowledge comes from any more than a google search that told me a baby of that age should be getting 20 ounces of milk a day. As we all could tell, they are giving him OVER DOUBLE the advised amount. "I can't believe it" is the wrong thing to say because of course we can believe this stupidity from them but seriously, it's shocking to have our concerns confirmed!

They seriously need nutrition classes and parenting classes. Here I was hoping things would be slightly different then what we were seeing but dear god....it was confirmed and worse. I'm shocked.

This is an example of what a parent is going out to impressionable kids watching these videos. Fucking fantastic.
Poor baby! No wonder he looks so uncomfortable all the time. Are they that ignorant or do they just not care? :(
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

They need to talk to a damn pediatrician, or a nutritionist about what to feed him and how much. They are so stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

Just watched the mom vs dad video and was not shocked that Levi went straight to Oscar, without any effort on his part. Even though Kyra was trying really hard to get him to come. Oscar is the only one that even comes close to fulfilling Levi's needs. And Kyra even said she tucks him in at night. LOL. More like dumps him in the crib and throws a bottle and a blanket at him. Interesting definition of "tucking him in" that she has.

Now on another subject. She mentions the Whey Protein...I thought you were not supposed to have that while pregnant? I didn't catch the brand she bought so maybe that's a special formula that pregnant women can have, but when I was researching protein options during pregnancy because I was having a hard time with morning sickness, all I found was information saying to stay away from whey. Weird. Not that it would shock me if she is doing yet another thing that's not safe during pregnancy. What's one more, right?

And their camera can probably be fixed. Or could have if they were smarter. I had my camera in my purse once and a child put a half open container of bubble solution in the purse and my camera was soaked and stayed that way for hours until I got home and realized what happened. Since it was an old camera I didn't even try the rice trick, but I did dry it and left it on a sunny window sill for days and a month later when I check it again, it turned on and worked perfectly, except for a slight distortion on the LCD screen.

They might be able to still save the camera somehow. Maybe if they send it to be repaired it can be fixed for less money than buying a new one. But knowing them they'll probably come up with the most complicated, least economical solution.
bulboustrollxx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bulboustrollxx »

"Preggers" is my least favorite word in the world and Kyra has it on a tank top WTF
Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

I don't understand why they always say they need a day just to stay at home and relax, they literally do that everyday.

I can't imagine being 19 and sitting at home doing nothing all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Neonbatsintrees wrote:

Couldnt agree more! I actually saw your comments and instantly figured you guys were YTMD posters (represent <3 ) and replied sticking up for you guys! it is RIDICULOUS! they are absolutely overfeeding him formula when they need to start weaning him off if it. but they use it as a self-soother for levi to get him to keep quiet and to "fill his belly all up bc the solids he doesnt eat much of". I havent seen this baby eat baby oatmeal or MEAT or other veggies/bananas/baby crackers that can be mashed up with fruit or other solids. It's just a little bit of fruit and formula. That is crazy. When i was a baby my mom would feed me freshly made chicken soup, baby oatmeal and fresh fruit purees as well as mashed up veggies, etc. This kid doesnt have a balanced diet whatsoever just filling him up with formula and random crap like spaghetti o's (REALLY KYRA?! With all those preservatives in that crap?!) because he wont touch anything she cooks, probably bc it tastes awful. They really do need to talk to a nutritionist and get him on an age appropriate diet, stop using bottles as a self-soothing technique and stop stuffing him full of them and letting him drink it laying down (bottle rot, ear infections, etc). SMH. -_-
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Neonbatsintrees wrote:

Couldnt agree more! I actually saw your comments and instantly figured you guys were YTMD posters (represent <3 ) and replied sticking up for you guys! it is RIDICULOUS! they are absolutely overfeeding him formula when they need to start weaning him off if it. but they use it as a self-soother for levi to get him to keep quiet and to "fill his belly all up bc the solids he doesnt eat much of". I havent seen this baby eat baby oatmeal or MEAT or other veggies/bananas/baby crackers that can be mashed up with fruit or other solids. It's just a little bit of fruit and formula. That is crazy. When i was a baby my mom would feed me freshly made chicken soup, baby oatmeal and fresh fruit purees as well as mashed up veggies, etc. This kid doesnt have a balanced diet whatsoever just filling him up with formula and random crap like spaghetti o's (REALLY KYRA?! With all those preservatives in that crap?!) because he wont touch anything she cooks, probably bc it tastes awful. They really do need to talk to a nutritionist and get him on an age appropriate diet, stop using bottles as a self-soothing technique and stop stuffing him full of them and letting him drink it laying down (bottle rot, ear infections, etc). SMH. -_-
Agree with everything you've said! The funniest thing is that all the minions comment that 'Kyra will have talked to her doctor/nutritionist loads of times' and she so clearly HAS NOT, how can they be that blind!?
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

frustratedytwatcher wrote:
Agree with everything you've said! The funniest thing is that all the minions comment that 'Kyra will have talked to her doctor/nutritionist loads of times' and she so clearly HAS NOT, how can they be that blind!?
I really think that even if she talked to a doctor or nutritionist she would either not tell them the exact amount he eats and they would see nothing wrong and suggest nothing, or she would simply ignore the suggestions and assume she knows what's best for Levi.

I'm sure that all the 12 year old viewers with no real life experience assume that if she takes the baby for check ups she is a perfect parent and follows doctor's advice. That's not how real life works. Doctors are not THAT invested in their patients and even when they are, parents just do whatever they want a lot of the time because they think they know better. Mom knows best and all of that. Which can be true many times, but in Kyra's case I'm sure just about anyone knows better than her.

I have no idea what it would take for them to really change the big things like safety issues and overfeeding. Perhaps CPS knocking on their door and threatening to take Levi if they don't improve. But let's be real, CPS would never care about overfeeding and the safety issues they have because they have a lot more horrible things going on that are more important.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

lalala wrote:
Neonbatsintrees wrote:

Poor baby! No wonder he looks so uncomfortable all the time. Are they that ignorant or do they just not care? :(
WOW that is 1.3L of milk/formula! That is crazy!
Neonbatsintrees
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Neonbatsintrees »

Someone's getting butt hurt on Twitter about all of the advice people give on YouTube comments.

Girl, suck it up. Put your big girl panties on. You know damn well that part of putting your life out on the Internet is opening yourself up to comments.

"Boo hoo, all my comments aren't so far up my ass they're coming out my mouth. :( :( Not everyone that comes across my video thinks I'm perfect as a parent?! Wtf? Guys, I'm perfect. OK?! Well, at least all the 12 year olds that still live at home, that don't have kids, and are not even in high school....they think I'm an amazing parent and love me."

Grow up, little girl. You're entering the big leagues. It's not like people are telling you to feed your child a feast or do dangerous things to him. You could learn a thing or two. Stop being childish and become an adult.

Often times showing an insecurity means you have legit reasons to be insecure. Why are you so insecure that you have to recognize and comment on the comments being left on your videos?
kayylala
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kayylala »

Hi guys I literally just joined and had to comment on their recent "what I eat in a day" video. I'm literally shocked at the amount of formula they gave Levi and no substantial foods aside from fruits. That poor child. I even commented the video and am curious to see what their devoted followers have to say in response to any bit of criticism. I've been watching their channel for 6-7 mos and God their parenting drives me nuts! I'm not a parent but i'm a pre-k teacher and have worked with infants and young toddlers and am studying early childhood education and child development at university. Normally i'm not one to criticize youtubers but when a child is involved I can't help myself. In my field being an advocate for children is ingrained in us and I can't just watch a child be exploited and overfed and borderline neglected and not say anything?? But no matter how nice you are they take every comment that isn't kissing their ass and act like it's a personal attack because they're "teen" parents. I'm rambling but I just needed somewhere to vent haha.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

is it safe for kyra to be hiking up mountains/hills pregnant? Idk but i was told you have to take it easier/be careful. She could fall or whatever?
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

also why does kyra make those weird gasping and monkey noises so much with levi? He gets scared at her loool
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kyra: "sometimes it benefits me when levi wants oscar bc i get out of having to change his diaper and you know...do anything regarding caring for my child" SMH. literally how is she so ok with this? cant she see it's probably because she's made oscar do it all and withdrawn so much from levi bc she never wants to do anything with/for him?

Return to “OKBaby”