Cycles after BC

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cycles after BC

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

So, I was on the pill for a year before I stopped taking them in May. My last period started on June 14th (I remember because I was a few days late then and it was the same day I met Weird Al). So I reset my cycle calendar accordingly. I should have gotten my next period on July 20th and 71 days later I still haven't gotten it yet.

I already took two pregnancy tests in August so I know that isn't the issue.

I know it can take up to three months for everything to get sorted out after taking the pill but it's been a little longer and I've been steadily gaining weight despite lifting weights and walking/jogging three to five months 5 days a week (sometimes more) makes me think there might be something else going on.

I'm going home next weekend and I'm just curious if ya'll think I should schedule an appointment with my family doctor (and waste the limited time I already have with my sweetums) to see if there's anything else wrong or if I should just ride it out until I go back at Thanksgiving when I have more time (in the scenario it hasn't come back yet). I just know The Pill has caused health problems for women in my family before I I'd rather be safe than sorry without looking like a hypochondriac.
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cycles after BC

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

OhHiImSam wrote:So, I was on the pill for a year before I stopped taking them in May. My last period started on June 14th (I remember because I was a few days late then and it was the same day I met Weird Al). So I reset my cycle calendar accordingly. I should have gotten my next period on July 20th and 71 days later I still haven't gotten it yet.

I already took two pregnancy tests in August so I know that isn't the issue.

I know it can take up to three months for everything to get sorted out after taking the pill but it's been a little longer and I've been steadily gaining weight despite lifting weights and walking/jogging three to five months 5 days a week (sometimes more) makes me think there might be something else going on.

I'm going home next weekend and I'm just curious if ya'll think I should schedule an appointment with my family doctor (and waste the limited time I already have with my sweetums) to see if there's anything else wrong or if I should just ride it out until I go back at Thanksgiving when I have more time (in the scenario it hasn't come back yet). I just know The Pill has caused health problems for women in my family before I I'd rather be safe than sorry without looking like a hypochondriac.
I know it has been SO long since you pisted this but maybe someone else can find help in the reply.

I just stopped BC before my July cycle and didn't get my period back until 3.5 months past when I expected my cycle to return. I was super stressed as my boss/professor said her cycle took 9 months to return.

Thankfully mine was a regular cycle when it did return (although late and at the wrong part of the month).

Between then and my first day of my returned period I broke out so bad and gained 5lbs so I feel like that may be normal.

Hopefully everyone else transitioning out of BC have a less stressful journey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Health”