Andrea Mills

Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Andrea Mills

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I just don't get them. Does she believe it's more Christ like to live in such a small space? Is it finances that keeps them living on top of each other? Why the matching clothes? I think I remember her saying it made it easier for everyone to get dressed but really you don't leave the home most days, let the kids dress themselves. They'll learn! What happens when they get married? They're not even going to be able to dress themselves.
I think it's money, I think them making their house work is them living within their means. But on the other hand it's like maybe you shouldn't have had so many kids? Lol! I have to agree with the clothes thing, you can't lose them if they never leave hahaha
Olivealive
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Olivealive »

Her husband made a video on his channel about why religious people have big families. I didn't watch it, but if you're interested ther you go.

I like watching her videos. I like that she has things simplified. I find it sad though when she makes comments along the lines of each kid only having 1 pair of pants etc. I get the limited space and all and that her kids "don't care" but if they did care it's not like there is an alternative.
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Will someone please come talk to me about this lady. I just found her today and binge watched a bunch of BS that I need to bitch about. Lol. She's a huge fan of unassisted birth - no midwife, because SHE ALONE knows best. I just watched her video about her youngest being born in a hospital and how incredibly sad it made her. I'm reeeeally trying to respect her "trauma" but if your biggest problem in life is that your baby was born healthy, vaginally, in a hospital and you went home 4 hours later... you should be so thankful. I'd give anything to have a simple low-risk birth like that! #bitter

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

imapumkinseed wrote:Will someone please come talk to me about this lady. I just found her today and binge watched a bunch of BS that I need to bitch about. Lol. She's a huge fan of unassisted birth - no midwife, because SHE ALONE knows best. I just watched her video about her youngest being born in a hospital and how incredibly sad it made her. I'm reeeeally trying to respect her "trauma" but if your biggest problem in life is that your baby was born healthy, vaginally, in a hospital and you went home 4 hours later... you should be so thankful. I'd give anything to have a simple low-risk birth like that! #bitter

I agree, that video upset me. What if she gave birth at home and something happened to her baby? She should at least have a midwife. She reminds me of that Sarah woman that went extremely overdue because she wanted an unassisted birth. These women need to get off their high horses and put the safety of their babies first!
#FreeFinleyandJackson
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

pllfan5 wrote:I agree, that video upset me. What if she gave birth at home and something happened to her baby? She should at least have a midwife. She reminds me of that Sarah woman that went extremely overdue because she wanted an unassisted birth. These women need to get off their high horses and put the safety of their babies first!
I'm sure I'm biased, both being in the medical field and having high risk pregnancies and complicated births, but she's SO freakin lucky that nothing happened. She acts like the doctor just made up these risks to scare her, and she's somehow immune to the complications that have happened to other people. I don't care what the *cause* of your hypertension is, lady, the fact is that you really could stroke out. It's really immature IMO, to be in denial that anything bad could happen, like teenagers doing risky shit. Of course no one thinks they're going to be the 1/200,000 moms who have ____ complication, but someone's gotta be that one. And she's willing to play Russian Roulette with her life and her baby's because... why? She didn't want to pay a midwife?

If she'd been under the midwife's care to start with, I bet they could have treated her BP at home and she could have had a safe homebirth. But since she has a giant fucking ego, she landed herself in the hospital getting glared at. Serves her right.

mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

she weirds me out, they kids look like ragamuffins and their home looks beatup, she is the last person that should be giving advice, i find her home extremely cluttered and beat up and dont use the excuse she has alot of kids, those kids arent crazy like alot of kids, theyre overly overcontrolled, they dont beat up on a house, if anything they help her too much with chores. she doesnt seem sweet to me, she speaks in a strange momotone voice to sweet little kids that need attention, multiple times eden gets told in a serious voice to calm down when shes just acting happy like a normal non homeschooled little girl. and how gross she dresses her girls, because of her weird color matching thing, the girls look like ragamuffins in boy colors. i feel like those kids need a big hug and a pizza party with all the games they want to play, nobody telling them what to do/over scheduling them, and then take them to a public pool and movie and let them do something fun and different for a change
HappyCrafter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by HappyCrafter »

My first post and it's not completely complimentary to AM/TM and their chosen lifestyle.

I'm glad to see someone else thinks something's off here. At first blush, I enjoyed her videos - insight into large family living and making it work in such a tiny space.

I think the mom is very brave putting their life out here for all of us to see (and me to judge, because I do when vulnerable children are involved)

FIRST (sorry, I'm not shouting, just making it important to note) - just because the parents say their "kids love it" "they enjoy it" "the children wouldn't have it any other way" - doesn't make it anywhere near the truth.

We all have our own ways of coping with our living situations, but I think they take it beyond the pale. Anything being piped throughout anywhere in any building, relentlessly for 24 hours a day is brainwashing no matter you slice it, but religion- the bible - 24 hours a day at home? While they try to sleep? While they try to study? No quiet time AT ALL? Of course not, because that's what brainwashing is: not being able to think for yourself, not being able to have alone time, quiet for self-reflection, quiet to learn, quiet to Just Be A Human Being. Add to the brainwashing the knowledge that these are growing children... something's very wrong.

Homeschooling, no problem. But, do they get to socialize with other children outside their family? The eldest boy is expected to work and he does, but his dad makes him buy the bread for the huge family out of his meager earnings. I don't know why they lost their gig at their last church, but after that is when her husband decided to hold church at their home. Hey, people can worship anywhere they wish, it all goes to the same place, BUT it's one less occasion for their children to experience something other than their parent's insular world.

The only place in the house that looks clean, bright, kept and suitable for public viewing is the dad's business part of the house. The rest is dirty and shabby looking, in disrepair. I get that they have eight kids, but since both parents are pretty much at home...

The girls' room is depressing. The boys' room is even worse. I love that each boy has his own little cave to decorate as they wish, but they're living in a cave. At least it has a large window, but it's still incredibly dark. It's not soothing dark, it's not "cozy" dark - it's oppressive dark. Yeah, as a teenager I started to paint my room a beautiful (in my mind at the time, lol) midnight blue, but tired of it quickly.

The kids are cute. I don't have a problem with wearing like colors - it's certainly easier for mom doing laundry and "convenient" seems to be a mantra there. No top sheets on the beds, a fitted sheet and blanket only and according to mom, sheets are washed maaaaybe once a month. Imagine the smell those poor kids emit. I don't care if someone bathes nightly before getting into dirty bedding, they will wake up smelling like dirty bedding all day. :( I know an adult who does this, hasn't washed her bedding in almost 11 years, seriously. AM says in one of her videos they do one load of laundry weekly. Yikes.

Very little in the way of fresh veges and fruit - some days there's not a bit of either in any meal.

I'm not a physician, but to my eyes, one of the children shows at least one clear sign of Marfan Syndrome, and their youngest displays signs of something else. I hope they're getting their children medical attention.

I can't imagine and don't want to, but that single, tiny, overused bathroom must stink something awful with 10 mildewy towels and carpet that's gross in the cleanest of bathrooms. Maybe he likes the irony of it: sh*t brown carpet in the toilet room.

There's something very unhealthful in that home and yes, it's my opinion only. :/
HappyCrafter
Wallflower
Wallflower

My first post and it's not completely complimentary to AM/TM and their chosen lifestyle.

I'm glad to see someone else thinks something's off here. At first blush, I enjoyed her videos - insight into large family living and making it work in such a tiny space.

I think the mom is very brave putting their life out here for all of us to see (and me to judge, because I do when vulnerable children are involved)

FIRST (sorry, I'm not shouting, just making it important to note) - just because the parents say their "kids love it" "they enjoy it" "the children wouldn't have it any other way" - doesn't make it anywhere near the truth.

We all have our own ways of coping with our living situations, but I think they take it beyond the pale. Anything being piped throughout anywhere in any building, relentlessly for 24 hours a day is brainwashing no matter you slice it, but religion- the bible - 24 hours a day at home? While they try to sleep? While they try to study? No quiet time AT ALL? Of course not, because that's what brainwashing is: not being able to think for yourself, not being able to have alone time, quiet for self-reflection, quiet to learn, quiet to Just Be A Human Being. Add to the brainwashing the knowledge that these are growing children... something's very wrong.

Homeschooling, no problem. But, do they get to socialize with other children outside their family? The eldest boy is expected to work and he does, but his dad makes him buy the bread for the huge family out of his meager earnings. I don't know why they lost their gig at their last church, but after that is when her husband decided to hold church at their home. Hey, people can worship anywhere they wish, it all goes to the same place, BUT it's one less occasion for their children to experience something other than their parent's insular world.

The only place in the house that looks clean, bright, kept and suitable for public viewing is the dad's business part of the house. The rest is dirty and shabby looking, in disrepair. I get that they have eight kids, but since both parents are pretty much at home...

The girls' room is depressing. The boys' room is even worse. I love that each boy has his own little cave to decorate as they wish, but they're living in a cave. At least it has a large window, but it's still incredibly dark. It's not soothing dark, it's not "cozy" dark - it's oppressive dark. Yeah, as a teenager I started to paint my room a beautiful (in my mind at the time, lol) midnight blue, but tired of it quickly.

The kids are cute. I don't have a problem with wearing like colors - it's certainly easier for mom doing laundry and "convenient" seems to be a mantra there. No top sheets on the beds, a fitted sheet and blanket only and according to mom, sheets are washed maaaaybe once a month. Imagine the smell those poor kids emit. I don't care if someone bathes nightly before getting into dirty bedding, they will wake up smelling like dirty bedding all day. :( I know an adult who does this, hasn't washed her bedding in almost 11 years, seriously. AM says in one of her videos they do one load of laundry weekly. Yikes.

Very little in the way of fresh veges and fruit - some days there's not a bit of either in any meal.

I'm not a physician, but to my eyes, one of the children shows at least one clear sign of Marfan Syndrome, and their youngest displays signs of something else. I hope they're getting their children medical attention.

I can't imagine and don't want to, but that single, tiny, overused bathroom must stink something awful with 10 mildewy towels and carpet that's gross in the cleanest of bathrooms. Maybe he likes the irony of it: sh*t brown carpet in the toilet room.

There's something very unhealthful in that home and yes, it's my opinion only. :/
HappyCrafter
Wallflower
Wallflower

pllfan5 wrote:
velvetfreak wrote:The bible playing in the house constantly freaks me the fuck out. And the matching clothes thing :?

She seems super sweet, but imagine going over to her house for a visit. I would be so weirded out.
I thought it was the tv that was playing constantly in the background of her videos! I wondered why she couldn't turn the tv off when she was making a video since it was irritating trying to listen to her. Does she play it in the car too?
24-hour bible brainwashing was Tom's idea. There's a video of him walking down the street to see how far away someone can get reception. What if he's planning on piping it into everyone's home within a certain radius, lol! Sort of just kidding - yikes.
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I'm watching random videos of hers, I'm on a Christmas one and she says Tom has a 21 year old daughter in California. How scandalous of him.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:I'm watching random videos of hers, I'm on a Christmas one and she says Tom has a 21 year old daughter in California. How scandalous of him.
Oh wow I've never caught that before! Surprised she is making it known

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
velvetfreak
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by velvetfreak »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:I'm watching random videos of hers, I'm on a Christmas one and she says Tom has a 21 year old daughter in California. How scandalous of him.
What's this now???? Very interesting.

I find this family fascinating yet incredibly unsettling all at the same time.

How old is she? 35? She deadset looks older than my 50 year old mother. You can tell she does not take very good care of herself. I'm all for embracing your natural hair colour, but dang, hers is a mess.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I agree. Fascinating yet incredibly unsettling is a great description. She is 37 or 38, I think. In one of her recent haul videos, she ordered a pack of 50 pregnancy tests.

Do their children see doctors? I haven't watched that many videos yet. I just recently came across her channel.

Her hair and Eden's hair could use a good trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HappyCrafter
Wallflower
Wallflower

From her website: herbal medicine, growing & birthing babies UNASSISTED.

"Meet Andrea Loves God, Tom, Large Family Life with 8 children, Making Life Work in a Small House, Growing & Birthing Babies Unassisted, Making Home be the Center of Life (Home Business, Home School, Home Church), Herbal Medicine & Studying to understand God, and the World & Covenant Eschatology"

I always wonder at extremes of any kind[/b] - in this case, what someone picks and chooses from their bible. They don't think their god would assume human beings might evolve a wee bit in the medical department? Nothing wrong with homeopathic treatments, but not exclusively. Not everything can be treated or prevented with herbs and oils despite the marketing bullshit of essential oils (preventing or curing Ebola or AIDS, for example)

I'd hate to think their god would think it's okay to brainwash/indoctrinate/ANNOY or DRIVE MAD their children by having bible talk 24 hours a day. Doesn't god think that if someone has help available, they're welcome to have it? If god thinks it's okay to help others, someone has to be on the receiving end, eh?

She does seem like a confident, likable person to me. I say confident, because my first inclination while watching these was that she might be subservient to husband.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

HappyCrafter wrote:My first post and it's not completely complimentary to AM/TM and their chosen lifestyle.

Really glad you said this as I've always thought that there was something 'off' looking about the youngest girl. I'm curious to know which one you think has signs of Marfan syndrome as I've not noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I feel so odd about her too like I like her as a person she seems very sweet but I don't agree with the things she believes, seems kinda brainwashy. I wish she would feed her kids better snacks. Their snack basket is just a bunch of crap. Why not get fresh oranges and peaches instead of canned?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I agree. I like to watch most her videos, even if it's just for the what the heck value (the video about the 24/7 bible???) but I don't agree with how she is raising those kids. It seems very cult like.
mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

she feeds her kids horrible, she is mean and depressing to her kids. treats and dresses her girls like raggamuffins and her home is trashed.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Is this the woman who ran around target with the Bible upset about them allowing transgender's laws? I remember that video going viral they look similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

I just watched a few videos but more importantly I read some of the comments and frankly it's disturbing. All this mother keeps saying is "nope, the kids don't care about the clothes, the kids feel nothing, the kids aren't interested in sports, the kids don't want their own space, the kids don't think anything about this and that" and you know what? I believe her. I believe those children have no thoughts, wants or interests of their own. They seem very brainwashed. It's scary.

Oh and how funny she says there's nothing wrong with how her poor boys live while she has a whole room she shares with her husband only, with a huge bed and breathing space. Why don't the parents live in a dinky space in the hallway and give the boys the other bedroom too, so they can have more space, if it's no big deal?

Return to “A-H”