• Advertisement

Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Postby Ducklings4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:36 pm

abbytalks12 wrote:The puppy thing caused me to unsubscribe to them. I'm done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad you can't say I am unsubscribing because...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Ducklings4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:41 pm

fossilfinger wrote:
OnAPlaydate wrote:Forgive me if this has already been predicted, but if it hasn't, I'm calling it now. They are going to keep letting Calvin be rough with the dog, and the dog is going to become aggressive, resulting in them getting rid of her.

More like she'll nip at his clothes or soft-mouth him and they claim it was aggressive behavior and get rid of her.

Dogs don't just become aggressive because children play a little rough with them.

True, but dogs give lots of signals before they react. Tongue smacking, looking away, whale eyes, growling. If you do not pay attention to what the dog is conveying you (the grownup) are at fault.

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby flowerpuppy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
OnAPlaydate wrote:Forgive me if this has already been predicted, but if it hasn't, I'm calling it now. They are going to keep letting Calvin be rough with the dog, and the dog is going to become aggressive, resulting in them getting rid of her.

More like she'll nip at his clothes or soft-mouth him and they claim it was aggressive behavior and get rid of her.

Dogs don't just become aggressive because children play a little rough with them.

True, but dogs give lots of signals before they react. Tongue smacking, looking away, whale eyes, growling. If you do not pay attention to what the dog is conveying you (the grownup) are at fault.

yeah, dogs use biting as a last ditch effort to get their point across. if people fail to understand the dog is uncomfortable after it has gone through every other piece of body language it knows (like the things you mentioned, ducklings), it has no choice but to bite. and seeing as how ellie and jared haven't been stopping calvin when he manhandles penny, to the point that she has to try to pull and squeeze herself out of his arms, i have little confidence that they will pick up on her body language and make calvin treat her with respect as she gets older.
flowerpuppy
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Judging by the amount of people in the comments trying to justify why P ate outside, they are going to have a real problem on their hands if they make it obvious Penny is an outside dog. Everyone is trying to rationalize and justify it as she's just eating outside to avoid the mess, but she still sleeps inside. If the kids turn on them it won't be pretty!
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:26 pm

freshbalsam wrote:I'm actually wondering after the vlog where they bring Penny home, Ellie says, "Jared got the dog" or to the boys, "Daddy bought you a dog" so I'm wondering if between the 2 of them, it is more of "Jared's dog". Obviously the boys will view it as a family pet, but I'm hoping Jared is the one who takes the responsibility with it. I noticed a dog bed in his office and he mentioned he stayed up with her last night to bond and go outside.

I do hope the invest in a large crate sooner than later. The carrier they're using is fine...for now, she's still so little. But they should've purchased a much larger crate so that the dog could grow with it. She looks like she will be a decent size.

Yes, you buy a crate that fits the adult size dogs. They have dividers now so you can make a big crate smaller so the pup won't relieve themselves in one end and hang out in another. A dog usually does not go where they sleep. Our dogs love their crates. We have one in our kitchen and two in our bedroom. We have two dogs right now

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:30 pm

mrogaan wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:[quote="OnAPlaydate"]Forgive me if this has already been predicted, but if it hasn't, I'm calling it now. They are going to keep letting Calvin be rough with the dog, and the dog is going to become aggressive, resulting in them getting rid of her.

yeah, dogs use biting as a last ditch effort to get their point across. if people fail to understand the dog is uncomfortable after it has gone through every other piece of body language it knows (like the things you mentioned, ducklings), it has no choice but to bite. and seeing as how ellie and jared haven't been stopping calvin when he manhandles penny, to the point that she has to try to pull and squeeze herself out of his arms, i have little confidence that they will pick up on her body language and make calvin treat her with respect as she gets older.[/quote]

Exaggerated yawns and body shakes are stress releases. If we see Penny start with those we will know she is stressed. My kids are grown, I focus a lot on my two dogs. I am their advocate. I watch their body language constantly when we have company over.

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby Emmalinelola1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:44 pm

It breaks my heart when Penny squeezes herself under the sofa to get away from Calvin. In a very short amount of time she won't fit anymore and not have a safe space away from uncle fester...

Emmalinelola1
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Emmalinelola1 wrote:It breaks my heart when Penny squeezes herself under the sofa to get away from Calvin. In a very short amount of time she won't fit anymore and not have a safe space away from uncle fester...

I saw that too. If the puppy is hiding under the couch, then she's not comfortable and needs to be left alone for a while. Poor Penny! Can't they read that super obvious signal?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:21 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote:It breaks my heart when Penny squeezes herself under the sofa to get away from Calvin. In a very short amount of time she won't fit anymore and not have a safe space away from uncle fester...

I saw that too. If the puppy is hiding under the couch, then she's not comfortable and needs to be left alone for a while. Poor Penny! Can't they read that super obvious signal?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, they can't read the signals. It also doesn't help that people in the comments tried to point it out and were met with "experts" saying that if he was stressed he would be growling, biting, and peeing and popping all over
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby tgo93 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Oh geez, I am a bit behind so only just saw they got a puppy and I couldn't even get through the whole vlog, it was making me cringe and worry for that poor puppy so much. I just don't think a lab was the best choice for them at this time - I realise both E+J have a sentimental attachment to that breed but practically they are big dogs. I have a 5 month old fox terrier x bichon, so he is fairly little, and I still would be very wary of him around kids that age because even he could potentially knock them over - and he is still a puppy so he does get excited and jump up! That lab by 5/6 months is going to be getting bigger than Calvin, I can't see that ending well. And I work with dogs so we go to puppy classes and train him and are working on the jumping, I worry that they are not going to train their dog well, it requires a lot of consistent effort...

Not to mention how they are letting Calvin treat the dog!! This is what leads to kids getting bitten, parents not teaching their kids to interact properly with dogs. I just feel so so bad for the puppy. Cause I only watched the vlog where they picked it up, has anyone seen a crate for it? I feel like crate training would be a REALLY good idea for them as it gives the puppy a space safe to retreat to - although of course they would have to teach the kids the crate is off limits... Also one of the kids is 100% definitely going to get nipped by the puppy cause mouthing is what puppies DO. My pup is teething at the moment so just wants to constantly chew and he will occasionally try it on hands etc (although as before we've been training him since we got him so he is fairly good at knowing he isn't meant to mouth people but again dubious about E+J doing this!!)

Sorry for the wall of text but I work for an animal rescue organisation so I really worry about dogs ending up in homes that are not going to be good homes for them
tgo93
Talker

Postby staceybrax » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:46 pm

tgo93 wrote:Oh geez, I am a bit behind so only just saw they got a puppy and I couldn't even get through the whole vlog, it was making me cringe and worry for that poor puppy so much. I just don't think a lab was the best choice for them at this time - I realise both E+J have a sentimental attachment to that breed but practically they are big dogs. I have a 5 month old fox terrier x bichon, so he is fairly little, and I still would be very wary of him around kids that age because even he could potentially knock them over - and he is still a puppy so he does get excited and jump up! That lab by 5/6 months is going to be getting bigger than Calvin, I can't see that ending well. And I work with dogs so we go to puppy classes and train him and are working on the jumping, I worry that they are not going to train their dog well, it requires a lot of consistent effort...

Not to mention how they are letting Calvin treat the dog!! This is what leads to kids getting bitten, parents not teaching their kids to interact properly with dogs. I just feel so so bad for the puppy. Cause I only watched the vlog where they picked it up, has anyone seen a crate for it? I feel like crate training would be a REALLY good idea for them as it gives the puppy a space safe to retreat to - although of course they would have to teach the kids the crate is off limits... Also one of the kids is 100% definitely going to get nipped by the puppy cause mouthing is what puppies DO. My pup is teething at the moment so just wants to constantly chew and he will occasionally try it on hands etc (although as before we've been training him since we got him so he is fairly good at knowing he isn't meant to mouth people but again dubious about E+J doing this!!)

Sorry for the wall of text but I work for an animal rescue organisation so I really worry about dogs ending up in homes that are not going to be good homes for them

They have a small travel crate, but they let Calvin play in it so the puppy doesn't really have anywhere safe to retreat to.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Some people are going to be so surprised when they start leaving the dog outside alone....

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161125/583f937b6e84d5eb63cf54bd9d41ca65.png[/img]
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby tgo93 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:Some people are going to be so surprised when they start leaving the dog outside alone....

Also puppies are not toddlers, they are likely to be more inquisitive and yes more likely to make a run for it...

As an aside is micro-chipping pet dogs not a legal requirement in the States? Where I live you have to do it
tgo93
Talker

Postby Cgl33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:27 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote:Watching today's blog and THEY FED SWEET PENNY OUTSIDE!!!!!!
Our worst fears r coming true! Looks like they r planning for her to be an outside dog-
Why else would they have fed her OUTSIDE!?!?!?

I think most believe that was always the plan the puppy would be acclimated to the outdoors with a kennel possibly in the garage? Unfortunately for this dog the backyard is rocks and small. Was Jared's family dog indoors?

She was, and she was absolutely adored by his parents. I think it's safe to say she had a very good life with the Mechams, and that they treated her as family, and not just a dog/

When Ellie says "dog" I feel like she says it in the same way she refers to the hot tub or the Pacifica.... it's just something else she owns.

It sounds like they were really good dog owners. I'm sure they are nervous for this dog. Hopefully they will steer E&J in the right direction.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper

Postby Cgl33 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:00 am

Posted in the wrong section. Sorry!
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper

Postby ellawski » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 am

actuallydear wrote:just watched the vlog and i have to say this isn't going to end well. why the fuck weren't they telling calvin no, instead of just "so soft"... what's gonna happen when A) penny gets hurt, or B) calvin gets hurt when penny reacts to being squeezed and pinched and sat on?

oh yeah, that's right. bad dog.

---
i also can't stand calvin. sorry not sorry.

Same same same! I can't stand the poor kid, and I feel so bad about it, but I guess makes me feel better that you're on the same page lol
ellawski
Talker

Postby ellawski » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:52 am

nebula wrote:Someone needs to slap little Fester Adams in the face for the way he is treating the dog. Get the kid away from the puppy,lock him in a basement or something

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

omg I'm laughing so hard he really does look just like Fester lol
ellawski
Talker

Postby chipmunks » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:53 am

am wondering who they had over for thanksgiving if all the griffiths were elsewhere?

chipmunks
Informer

Postby tratra58 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 am

One thing I believe their loyal "friends" will not like is how their puppy is treated. There were comments or suggestions with perceived problems they anticipated in how they are treating Penny to concerns with kids, puppy outdoors eating - could run away and Calvin in the dog's carrier. I don't think they'll get a pass if their friends feel the dog is mistreated and being outdoors in the winter maybe one thing they'll have some viewers write negative comments. Of course, than you get the others that tell them it is none of their business.

If they were a smart couple, they would have waited to at least after the holidays to get a puppy with the amount of things that go on with family and friends celebrations. I still can't believe they took the puppy to a house full of twenty or more people with more than half of them are kids.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:17 am

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I see no problem bringing the puppy along to Jennifer and Chad's. As long as they had the crate, I think it's a great way to socialize the puppy, and I'm just glad they didn't leave the puppy alone while they went.

That said, allowing/encouraging Calvin to use the crate is a HUGE no-no. That should be Penny's safe space. Allowing Calvin the terrror to violate her space is a one way track to Penny hating her crate, and hopefully Ellie hires a dog trainer sooner rather than later that will tell her that.

Calvin is the worst child. That part in yesterday's vlog where he was climbing on top of Emma and Ellie is just like "He's such a lover!!" And everybody thinking it's so cute, no no no. Way to raise a child who doesn't understand personal space and boundaries.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 am

Pency wrote:I know a lot of people will disagree, but I see no problem bringing the puppy along to Jennifer and Chad's. As long as they had the crate, I think it's a great way to socialize the puppy, and I'm just glad they didn't leave the puppy alone while they went.

That said, allowing/encouraging Calvin to use the crate is a HUGE no-no. That should be Penny's safe space. Allowing Calvin the terrror to violate her space is a one way track to Penny hating her crate, and hopefully Ellie hires a dog trainer sooner rather than later that will tell her that.

Calvin is the worst child. That part in yesterday's vlog where he was climbing on top of Emma and Ellie is just like "He's such a lover!!" And everybody thinking it's so cute, no no no. Way to raise a child who doesn't understand personal space and boundaries.

I disagree with the first part of you post because the puppy had only been the one day. He's still adjusting to being with his new family, and likely doesn't trust them yet. He's also just been taken from his mama, and probably is just getting used to the crate. I doubt it's a comfort if any kind yet. That's many kids running around is not the right time or place to socialize her.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:39 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Pency wrote:I know a lot of people will disagree, but I see no problem bringing the puppy along to Jennifer and Chad's. As long as they had the crate, I think it's a great way to socialize the puppy, and I'm just glad they didn't leave the puppy alone while they went.

I disagree with the first part of you post because the puppy had only been the one day. He's still adjusting to being with his new family, and likely doesn't trust them yet. He's also just been taken from his mama, and probably is just getting used to the crate. I doubt it's a comfort if any kind yet. That's many kids running around is not the right time or place to socialize her.

Yeah, well, probably not the best idea ever but not going to scar the puppy for life if done right....which it wasn't. But we alll know Ellie couldn't miss a chance to go to the Griffiths' house. Maybe asking the Mecham's to pupppy sit would be a better idea. But we took our puppies everywhere when they were brand new to acclimate them to our pack and it worked well for us.
Pency
Gossiper

Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:16 am

They just let Calvin go up and down the stairs and do whatever he wants? I can't believe the boys play downstairs unattended like that! It's not like they have an older sibling watching them. They are 18 months and almost 3!

Penny spent most of the day crated, and then she was outside alone. I hope they get her fixed as soon as she's old enough, or there is going to be a SURPRISE PREGNANT PUPPY at some point

Ellie acted like she slaved away all day, but from what I could see she made buns.... and talked about them A LOT. If she made much more, she would have mentioned it. I think Jared's mom brought most of it. Ellie also didn't eat much. It looked like she filed a plate for appearances, but then let Cal eat a lot of it after he's already eaten his. He might end up being the only Mecham that gets enough for eat!

So much preaching in their vlogs.... I honestly don't know how people can stand to watch it.

And stop teaching Calvin to sign "more" Ellie! He needs to learn how to talk! Instead of reinforcing the screaming and whining, teach the child "please." Most kids can say it long before they can say "thank you."

Jared's mom does not look happy when the camera is off her, I'd be surprised to find out she actually likes Ellie the Ice Queen. By the way, did you know how much Ellie does for her kids that we don't see? Even things she doesn't HAVE to do. Jared, you are so snowed. The kids don't need the little things like tiny loaves of bread or rock pillows. They do need proper medical attention, love, acceptance and recognition for who they are and a sense of coming first. None of which I see them getting. I think he was ass kissing so he could take the puppy downstairs. Ellie was pretty clear on it being an exception, so you can keep dreaming Jared.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby LittleRus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:21 am

I say there is no way they keep the dog in the long run. It will nip at Calvin and they will get rid of it. We will get a tearful "heartfelt" vlog about how they had to do what was best for their kids.
LittleRus
Talker

Postby tratra58 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:35 am

Thr thankful part with Jared's dad talking in regards to the difficulties with this last year my guess includes the foreclosure, but it was good to hear his business was better.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared