2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Random19
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Unread post by Random19 »

Why not play it safe anyway? I'm Hispanic as well and I know it's common practice to not take the baby out until they're at least 1 month old. I'm surprised she did it.
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

How do you not take a baby out and thus never leave the house yourself if you are breastfeeding for a whole month????? I am due in Feb and will have my husband home for two weeks but after that I will need to drop off and pick up my son from school, buy groceries etc. My Mum lives close by but I could never put all my responsibility onto her for a full month
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

My kids pediatrician said it's fine to take a healthy baby out, but to just try to avoid large crowds for the first three months.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

It pissses me off she's this stupid. You don't take a newborn out! Especially to screw around at target.
She just took her child from the womb to a sterile hospital, to home and to the store with abunch of people with sicknesses going around.
Poor child has a brainless mother.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

Am I the only one expecting a vlog about this? You know how Vanessa is, it will start off with a clip of her phone showing the time. Then she's going to show herself getting out of bed or on the phone with the Dr. She will then say "okay guys, Charlie is breathing weird and he's running a fever, I already called the Dr. and they told me take him in, so were on our way." Because you know anything and everything for the vlog! Of course unless baby boy, little man, charlie's healthy is way too personal to share.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Kitina13 wrote:My kids pediatrician said it's fine to take a healthy baby out, but to just try to avoid large crowds for the first three months.
My pediatrician said 1 month. I so wanted to go to the store and get ooooooh'd and aaaaaawh'd. We still waited the month though. With this baby my husband is staying home for a month so he will be taking my older son to and from preschool.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

She hasn't been vlogging as much as I do expected her too.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

annapaulndaniel wrote:How do you not take a baby out and thus never leave the house yourself if you are breastfeeding for a whole month????? I am due in Feb and will have my husband home for two weeks but after that I will need to drop off and pick up my son from school, buy groceries etc. My Mum lives close by but I could never put all my responsibility onto her for a full month
The reasons to keep them home is because they're immune system is not like ours yet. They've been safe inside your womb & are born in a sterile hospital. Just taking them to your home has there immunity system working.
you don't want to go out too soon and risk it. Because if your newborn does get sick, it's a guaranteed stay at the hospital. Your baby has to get pricked with needles, a cathader put in. It's sad to see your newborn go through that.
After those two weeks when your hubby won't be able to help, and you have to go out, put your baby in a carrier close to you, with a blanket covering some of their head. Or in a stroller with a blanket to covering them. Make your trips quick and don't let anyone get too close. Oh and go o. Off times when the store is less crowded. But like after 3 weeks you should be fine.
We all know Vanessa was probably out showing off her newborn.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

No worse than Jesssss taking her baby out the day after she was born, if not hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anniekins
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Anniekins »

annapaulndaniel wrote:How do you not take a baby out and thus never leave the house yourself if you are breastfeeding for a whole month????? I am due in Feb and will have my husband home for two weeks but after that I will need to drop off and pick up my son from school, buy groceries etc. My Mum lives close by but I could never put all my responsibility onto her for a full month
I have three kids. We didn't take them to crowded places until 2 months old, after their first round of vaccinations. We went to the park or other people's houses. We didn't bring them to the mall or the grocery store. It was kind of a pain, but for 2 months I just went grocery shopping in the evening or after my husband got home from work. I breastfed, you can leave your baby for an hour or so to run an errand. Just feed them right before you leave, they'll be fine.

I thought it was pretty crazy how Vanessa was running around with the baby on all these errands. Not just for taking Charlie out, but for herself. She gave birth a week ago. Rest up.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

Anyone else notice her not overly dramatizing Charlie's illness? The baby is clearly sick, but she isn't going on and on about it in social media like she does when Lily gets sick. With Lily she will post something like, "Had to rush Lily to the ER...will update you guys later"...a week later she puts a video up saying she took Lily to the ER, in the middle of the night, for a rash.
Mamax1215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamax1215 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:I guess that explains it
Omg That's so sad. I pray everything is okay with him. My kids have been so sick lately. With ear infections, the flu and now a really bad cold they both have. Mind you they are 4 and 1 so thankfully they are fighting what they have. He is so tiny I hope it's nothing serious.
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 1979 »

I think it depends on where you are from as to how long it before it is "acceptable" to go out with a new baby. I was never told by our pediatrician to not go out. Full term babies are safe to go out fairly quickly and receive some protection from the mother in terms of passive immunity. I had my son out within 48 hours because I had been on bed rest for months and was about to go stir crazy if I had to wait another month.
Atrigsdad
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Atrigsdad »

You gotta do what you gotta do. Obviously people think it's stupid, until your in a situation you have no other choice. I don't see the issue. I took my kids out soon after they were born and never did they get sick. If I waited for my fiance to get home I'd have maybe an hour before the stores close to food shop. I have to take my daughter to and from school every single day as well as a million other things. We live in jersey were it's much colder then sc. My son is 6 months and hasn't been sick once. My daughter didn't get her first cold until after a year old. To each their own I guess but not everyone has the luxury to stay at home for a month or two while other people do your errands.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
urusha90
Informer
Informer

Unread post by urusha90 »

Personal but my baby was full term and super healthy. We ended up taking her to the store 2 weeks after birth, just to pick up some essentials. 2 days later she didn't wake up the whole night to BF which for a moment was oh that's cool, but at 5am when I thought I'd just wake her up myself, she wouldn't. She was barely breathing. We rushed to the hospital and after testing we found out she had pneumonia and had to be in the hospital for a week, 3 of those days I couldn't even hold her nor breast feed because when they tried taking her out of the incubator and tubes off, her breathing would decrease. It was horrible not being able to hold my little one when she most needed mommy, all because we took her out and she caught something from someone and couldn't fight it off herself. I guess we were just unlucky.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Random19
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Random19 »

veronicanumi wrote:Personal but my baby was full term and super healthy. We ended up taking her to the store 2 weeks after birth, just to pick up some essentials. 2 days later she didn't wake up the whole night to BF which for a moment was oh that's cool, but at 5am when I thought I'd just wake her up myself, she wouldn't. She was barely breathing. We rushed to the hospital and after testing we found out she had pneumonia and had to be in the hospital for a week, 3 of those days I couldn't even hold her nor breast feed because when they tried taking her out of the incubator and tubes off, her breathing would decrease. It was horrible not being able to hold my little one when she most needed mommy, all because we took her out and she caught something from someone and couldn't fight it off herself. I guess we were just unlucky.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
OMG, that's so scary. So sorry you had to go through that.

I hope her little guy is okay. I'm definitely gonna be the overprotective newborn mom. Better safe than sorry.

Jess was even crazier for parading her 1 day old all over town for clothes. She's just been lucky.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

My baby was born the day before Charlie. The flu is already popping up in our town, so she has only been out of the house to go to my mom's for Christmas, and to her one week check up. I wasn't as concerned about taking my older kids out when they were a couple of weeks old bc they were born during the summer.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

I've had two kids. One born in June. One born the end of December. I took them both out a few days old. My children are breastfed and sorry but mama isn't going to stay cooped up in the house. I kept them covered in the car seat and that was that. Both of my girls were perfectly fine and are healthy 3 and 1 year olds.

sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I think Vanessa looks really pretty with her hair up in her snap.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

sadie wrote:I think Vanessa looks really pretty with her hair up in her snap.
What's her username

Return to “2011teenagemom”