E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

Does anyone else think that the typical Mormon approach to parenting tends towards spiritual and emotional abuse?
JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

JoCo 89 wrote:Does anyone else think that the typical Mormon approach to parenting tends towards spiritual and emotional abuse?
"Emotional abuse— consistent shaming, criticism, or neglect of wants, needs, desires, feelings, and emotions by a dominant partner, parent, spouse, or figure(s) of authority."

"According to David Henke who founded the Watchman Fellowship, spiritual abuse has five distinct characteristics: authoritarianism, image consciousness, suppression of criticism, perfectionistic standards, and imbalance in belief or practice. In the context of family, these features are particularly noxious"
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

JoCo 89 wrote:Does anyone else think that the typical Mormon approach to parenting tends towards spiritual and emotional abuse?

Only the parents are allowed to have opinions, thoughts and feelings. Don't ever tell Ellie to be happy! She'll make a passive aggressive tweet about it. But the kids are forced to be happy/appreciative/grateful 24/7.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Ellie, if you are reading here, which I believe you do. There is no shame in getting help for anxiety. Medication has helped me tremendously. I have dealt with it my entire life and I can't imagine how different my life would have been if it had been treated sooner. Don't let your culture shame you into thinking it is wrong to treat it. Also, try and talk to a professional about your weight and your BMI and help gaining weight.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

I too, like many here, have dealt with anxiety and I agree 100% with getting professional help. The only time I didn't get professional help (1st semester of college) was because I couldn't afford it, but I just so happened to have a roommate who was being trained in the field.
I have a mom who tells me everything is in the mind, which I believe to an extent, but she took as far as telling me, when I had depression and anxiety in high school, that I just needed to be happy and I needed to tell myself that I was fine. I personally know how damaging that can be, so for Ellie to preach the "picking yourself up by the bootstraps" philosophy is actually very offensive. To make an illness out to be much simpler than it is is not only misleading but a downright lie, to yourself and to others. Because, Ellie, if you are really suffering from anxiety and haven't just been suppressing it then you would know it's not that simple to deal with. Anyway, my point is, Ellie needs to get a handle on herself and on the way she preaches life to the world. She has a young audience and she needs to be more responsible, and act like the freaking adult she is. Not the center-of-attention child she wishes to be.

Also, in reference to someone's comment with the screenshots of Ellie's instagram post, am I the only one who noticed quite a few grammar and punctuation errors? Am I the only one extremely bothered by it?
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:at the beginning of the vlog i thought ellie's face looked fuller and glowy.... just like it did when she was pregnant.

and then the constant references with kids the same ages and her friend being pregnant.

AND THEN the bit in the car where they say they've been meaning to talk on the vlog about it, but don't know when. the way it was worded, made me go "hmmmmm".
Right? There have been a lot of signs and hints leaving me wondering if they aren't trying to get people guessing and curious to build up hype.

Know what usually builds hype? A belly usually builds hype, and since Ellie doesn't have one it could take a while for people to start wondering.
She was in the hot tub tho?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

True. It wouldn't surprise me if she still went in the hot tub while heavily pregnant. I can't see them only just getting it and everyone else having all the fun. So once she is pregnant, it will be probably closed off for everybody if she doesn't use it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

crew96 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:at the beginning of the vlog i thought ellie's face looked fuller and glowy.... just like it did when she was pregnant.

and then the constant references with kids the same ages and her friend being pregnant.

AND THEN the bit in the car where they say they've been meaning to talk on the vlog about it, but don't know when. the way it was worded, made me go "hmmmmm".
Right? There have been a lot of signs and hints leaving me wondering if they aren't trying to get people guessing and curious to build up hype.

Know what usually builds hype? A belly usually builds hype, and since Ellie doesn't have one it could take a while for people to start wondering.
She was in the hot tub tho?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And rolling around in the snow. Those definitely made me think she couldn't be pregnant as I had previously wondered. Then again, Missy and Ellie have always gone in the hot tub when pregnant, and supposedly just turn the temp down.

I'm sure she isn't pregnant, but I just wouldn't be shocked if she was. There is definitely something different and they have a big secret for sure.

If another Griffith gets pregnant, we will see Ellie's anxiety return in full force, and IF will be right up there with BREASTFEEDING or FUN for most used words.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I just read a comment on the "SHE TOOK IT TOO FAR!" vlog that said, "Ellie has a body most women would die for." Who are these people?? That is so far from the body most women want. She looks ill. Why is that something to be envious of? I'm not saying this to be mean, but she looks pre-pubescent. I can only assume the people making positive comments about Ellie's size also suffer from some sort of body dysmorphia. Ruby and Julie both look naturally thin and age appropriate. Ellie looks like she's aged 15 years and is skin and bones now.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ellie: Uncle Mike with strong muscles!

Even Jared was: Heei...
Does that confirm what one poster said that Ellie is envious on other women with handsome husbands?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Ellie hung out with "friends" today, I bet she was like a fish out of water. I also bet she was beyond twitchy because that was a messy house!!
They were really Jared's friends or former coworkers.
Vincere wrote:Ellie: Uncle Mike with strong muscles!

Even Jared was: Heei...
Does that confirm what one poster said that Ellie is envious on other women with handsome husbands?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I just read a comment on the "SHE TOOK IT TOO FAR!" vlog that said, "Ellie has a body most women would die for." Who are these people?? That is so far from the body most women want. She looks ill. Why is that something to be envious of? I'm not saying this to be mean, but she looks pre-pubescent. I can only assume the people making positive comments about Ellie's size also suffer from some sort of body dysmorphia. Ruby and Julie both look naturally thin and age appropriate. Ellie looks like she's aged 15 years and is skin and bones now.
Maybe they meant it literally. That many women who are that skinny/undernourished are risking their lives.

Sounds morbid but is it really that far from truth?
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Vincere wrote: Does that confirm what one poster said that Ellie is envious on other women with handsome husbands?
She probably is since Jared let himself go. He looks old and has a "dad bod".
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sarai wrote:
Vincere wrote: Does that confirm what one poster said that Ellie is envious on other women with handsome husbands?
It's a shame because when he was still going to the gym he was starting to look good.

Calvin of course changed that.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sarai wrote:
It's a shame because when he was still going to the gym he was starting to look good.

Calvin of course changed that.
All that Dr Pepper is sugar, but meal time is sparse. Where is he eating? I might consider not going gray as fast as he is too.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

JoCo 89 wrote:
"Emotional abuse— consistent shaming, criticism, or neglect of wants, needs, desires, feelings, and emotions by a dominant partner, parent, spouse, or figure(s) of authority."

"According to David Henke who founded the Watchman Fellowship, spiritual abuse has five distinct characteristics: authoritarianism, image consciousness, suppression of criticism, perfectionistic standards, and imbalance in belief or practice. In the context of family, these features are particularly noxious"

They seem to be old school or authoritian parenting in some sense. It is do as I say and no argument.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Could Ellie even carry a child? She just seems way way too thin to even become pregnant, aren't your cycles off when you are too thin?
And NO Ellie, you aren't "goals" you literally have the body of a 10 year old, it's not cute, it's scary honestly.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Great advice Grandma Griff. As if people who aren't happy are that way because they just don't want to be. It's pretty obvious where Ellie got her "smile even when you're upset" attitude from

http://i.imgur.com/YlYLr6g.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Looks like couple #5 are going to start vlogging

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kittypurry wrote:Great advice Grandma Griff. As if people who aren't happy are that way because they just don't want to be. It's pretty obvious where Ellie got her "smile even when you're upset" attitude from

http://i.imgur.com/YlYLr6g.jpg

I hate that. "Happiness is a choice". Shay spouts that crap too. Yes, you can control your reaction to bad things happening, but if you have real depression or anxiety, you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes it impossible to be happy. So that pull yourself up by your bootstraps, happiness is a choice BS is just that: BS. And it makes me so angry that they say that to people who are depressed, and that Ellie never addresses the fact that she's not #skinnygoals. She's not healthy, and for young girls to emulate her is just not ok.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”