Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Each of the little kids don't usually give Jackson gifts. These were additional. The Griffith's family tends to go lean on gifts for one another. Ellie and Jared usually give Dollar Store toys to the Hoellein kids. I know they have one of the boys a cheap marshmallow shooter one time.

I agree it's a nice lesson and a nice thought. We've seen Bonnie spend money on the nieces and nephews randomly. She bought Jackson a costume and pjs before. I don't think it was about the money.
Did Bonnie and Joel give Jackson a present? besides the returned pajamas?
Thee is one point you can see a gift next to Linc. I assumed they gave another from the group since the other gifts were from the individual kids. We've never seen Bonnie cheap out before, so I assumed there was something else.

It's pretty terrible if there wasn't though. I'm just not sure that was the case since Bonnie has had no problem dropping $50 on Jackson just to be nice before.
I looked at E+J vlog and I didn't see one, but I can't say for sure they didn't have a gift. They walked in just carrying the used toys. Ellie said they'll give the Hulk gift back and Jackson didn't even look at it. Kids like opening up new packages just like us adults.

While not the worst thing a parent could do, I said before it is just silly, especially giving wrapped pajamas they were returning as a gift to a 3 year old. It would have been better to have all of their kids make a nice card for Jackson. And Bonnie and Joel should have given a new gift that was on Jackson's list.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Thee is one point you can see a gift next to Linc. I assumed they gave another from the group since the other gifts were from the individual kids. We've never seen Bonnie cheap out before, so I assumed there was something else.

It's pretty terrible if there wasn't though. I'm just not sure that was the case since Bonnie has had no problem dropping $50 on Jackson just to be nice before.
I looked at E+J vlog and I didn't see one, but I can't say for sure they didn't have a gift. They walked in just carrying the used toys. Ellie said they'll give the Hulk gift back and Jackson didn't even look at it. Kids like opening up new packages just like us adults.

While not the worst thing a parent could do, I said before it is just silly, especially giving wrapped pajamas they were returning as a gift to a 3 year old. It would have been better to have all of their kids make a nice card for Jackson. And Bonnie and Joel should have given a new gift that was on Jackson's list.

I assumed the one next to Lincoln was also from them because it was also in Christmas paper :? I'd take a screenshot but don't know how :| I'm pretty sure there was another gift. I thought the pj thing was just a funny joke. Joel was very specific to say it was from him. Plus I've always thought Jackson might be one of Bonnie's favourites. Lets face it, I'm sure an Ellie thrown party isn't the most humour filled. Then again, that might be for the best when I remember the time Jared tried to pull the prank about cutting his finger off.

I think the lesson was a nice thought. They weren't old and broken toys. That was a toy Boston just got at Christmas. I think they were being thoughtful and giving. I don't see Ellie and Jared side eying it at all because it's in keeping with their own philosophy and that's just how that family does things. Remember when they gave her parents their old phones? Everyone keeps their money to themselves it seems and I guess thats ok if they are all on the same page.

And because I've lurked here long enough to see the diet discussion come up. I just want to point out all the junk food we saw in Ellie's pantry when Joel was in there with Calvin. That should end the whole "Ellie eats better than Bonnie" debate. They both have terrible diets! I've read that sugar is a big problem with Mormons, because they abstain from all other sources of "highs". Sugar is the Mormon alcohol.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Boston is such a funny little character. He's probably a lot of work some days, so I'm glad he's not my child, but I do adore watching him!

Do the Griffiths only do birthday parties on the child's actual birthday? I've noticed this before and it always seems to be on a Monday. There were so many kids missing from the party. I didn't see Kate and I'm fairly certain she lives close by. Or why not invite Noah from Samika? Are Jackson's only friends his cousins? I'm used to Saturday parties, so the weekday party makes no sense to me unless everyone can attend. By making it on a weekday you are pretty much ensuring minimal attendance. Strange family.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I assumed the one next to Lincoln was also from them because it was also in Christmas paper :? I'd take a screenshot but don't know how :| I'm pretty sure there was another gift. I thought the pj thing was just a funny joke. Joel was very specific to say it was from him. Plus I've always thought Jackson might be one of Bonnie's favourites. Lets face it, I'm sure an Ellie thrown party isn't the most humour filled. Then again, that might be for the best when I remember the time Jared tried to pull the prank about cutting his finger off.

I think the lesson was a nice thought. They weren't old and broken toys. That was a toy Boston just got at Christmas. I think they were being thoughtful and giving. I don't see Ellie and Jared side eying it at all because it's in keeping with their own philosophy and that's just how that family does things. Remember when they gave her parents their old phones? Everyone keeps their money to themselves it seems and I guess thats ok if they are all on the same page.

And because I've lurked here long enough to see the diet discussion come up. I just want to point out all the junk food we saw in Ellie's pantry when Joel was in there with Calvin. That should end the whole "Ellie eats better than Bonnie" debate. They both have terrible diets! I've read that sugar is a big problem with Mormons, because they abstain from all other sources of "highs". Sugar is the Mormon alcohol.
My opinion has always been based on Jackson and this is not (Joel's) funny humor with him being a three year old. And in the background when Bonnie asked why Boston is giving the Hulk, Olivia said in the background "because it doesn't work"...not sure that is the lesson she is looking for.

I'll wait till tomorrow to see if they read the board and Bonnie says what they gave Jackson. From what they showed, I didn't see one.

Now if Joel gave Jackson his toy tractor, that would have been a nice gift which he would have loved. I never seen a nice toy tractor in mint condition like that one.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

tratra58 wrote: My opinion has always been based on Jackson and this is not (Joel's) funny humor with him being a three year old. And in the background when Bonnie asked why Boston is giving the Hulk, Olivia said in the background "because it doesn't work"...not sure that is the lesson she is looking for.

I'll wait till tomorrow to see if they read the board and Bonnie says what they gave Jackson. From what they showed, I didn't see one.

Now if Joel gave Jackson his toy tractor, that would have been a nice gift which he would have loved. I never seen a nice toy tractor in mint condition like that one.
We didn't see all the gifts being opened, so I don't think we assume as fact that the other package wasn't from Bonnie/Joel and the kids.

I'm surprised you are suddenly so concerned about Jackson when you've just spent the last two days vehemently defending how his mother treats him. I'm fairly certain Bonnie got him another gift, though I'm sure you'll say it wasn't good enough. Joel was very specific to say each of those gift were from him and three older kids, and Bonnie and Lincoln's names were never mentioned. I think that big flat box in the red paper was from all the Hoelleins. People argued a few days ago that vloggers don't need to flaunt the gifts they buy. Bonnie doesn't show it and of course it's assumed they didn't buy anything. She clearly loves Jackson, and arguably gives him more attention than his own mother. I'm sure there was something from her. Or the play food that used to be Ellie's could have been from both of them since we know the Griffiths shared toys (and coats!) and they would have also been Bonnie's.

Seriously though, even if they didn't get him anything (which then is a shitty thing to do), I'm fairly certain he got enough other gifts that he feels happy enough. If that argument is good enough for why his mother's dismissive nature is ok, then I guess it's good enough for why his aunt can go frugal on his gift. You can't have it both ways just because you dislike one vlogger more.

Look, Bonnie isn't perfect but I think a mountain is being made of this whole gift thing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think the adults tend to do "jokes" that the kids are too young to get-- like Jared with his cutting his finger off prank, and doing the Halloween candy prank when Jackson was too young to understand. I don't think Jackson got the joke at all.
I know I am late to the party on this, but I finally saw the Olivia tongue incident. Everyone has their opinions about whether or not Bonnie should have filmed it, but I only have three things to say about it: one, that it was telling that Olivia's biggest worry was that she was in trouble. When my kids hurt themselves, that not usually what they're worried about. 2) Bonnie said "look in the mirror" when she told Olivia to look at the viewfinder to see her tongue, which was kinda weird to me, and 3) and most important, Olivia definitely said "Can we cut this out?", and I think Bonnie should have honored her wishes. Any other considerations about filming it are matters of opinion, but right there, when Olivia said that, it should have stopped. That's my opinion, anyway.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:Boston is such a funny little character. He's probably a lot of work some days, so I'm glad he's not my child, but I do adore watching him!

Do the Griffiths only do birthday parties on the child's actual birthday? I've noticed this before and it always seems to be on a Monday. There were so many kids missing from the party. I didn't see Kate and I'm fairly certain she lives close by. Or why not invite Noah from Samika? Are Jackson's only friends his cousins? I'm used to Saturday parties, so the weekday party makes no sense to me unless everyone can attend. By making it on a weekday you are pretty much ensuring minimal attendance. Strange family.
I see your point with having it on the weekend so more family can attend. But maybe having the birthday vlog on the weekday, they get more views?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:Boston is such a funny little character. He's probably a lot of work some days, so I'm glad he's not my child, but I do adore watching him!

I see your point with having it on the weekend so more family can attend. But maybe having the birthday vlog on the weekday, they get more views?

Could be, but then that really sucks for the child and I would hope that's not the case. I can't imagine that being it though. Most of Ellie and Jared's fanbase is children, and I imagine they will go back and watch past vlogs, even if they can't watch over the weekend.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:
tratra58 wrote: My opinion has always been based on Jackson and this is not (Joel's) funny humor with him being a three year old. And in the background when Bonnie asked why Boston is giving the Hulk, Olivia said in the background "because it doesn't work"...not sure that is the lesson she is looking for.

We didn't see all the gifts being opened, so I don't think we assume as fact that the other package wasn't from Bonnie/Joel and the kids.

I'm surprised you are suddenly so concerned about Jackson when you've just spent the last two days vehemently defending how his mother treats him. I'm fairly certain Bonnie got him another gift, though I'm sure you'll say it wasn't good enough. Joel was very specific to say each of those gift were from him and three older kids, and Bonnie and Lincoln's names were never mentioned. I think that big flat box in the red paper was from all the Hoelleins. People argued a few days ago that vloggers don't need to flaunt the gifts they buy. Bonnie doesn't show it and of course it's assumed they didn't buy anything. She clearly loves Jackson, and arguably gives him more attention than his own mother. I'm sure there was something from her. Or the play food that used to be Ellie's could have been from both of them since we know the Griffiths shared toys (and coats!) and they would have also been Bonnie's.

Seriously though, even if they didn't get him anything (which then is a shitty thing to do), I'm fairly certain he got enough other gifts that he feels happy enough. If that argument is good enough for why his mother's dismissive nature is ok, then I guess it's good enough for why his aunt can go frugal on his gift. You can't have it both ways just because you dislike one vlogger more.

Look, Bonnie isn't perfect but I think a mountain is being made of this whole gift thing.
I think if this the worst I can find fault with Bonnie, she isn't doing bad. I was hoping the relatives like Bonnie would come through with gifts since everyone complained about the kitchen set Jackson would have to share and the mural he was getting from E+J as a gift. I even said this.

It started off as a one line comment about the gifts, but now it is getting petty and I am fault with this too.

I don't think you can see Ellie or Bonnie as all or nothing and I've defended and been critical of them both, where you just defend Bonnie. I don't think Ellie's dismissive behavior is ok, but not to the degree you probably see it and I look at how Jackson is doing in life which is better than most. I think Ellie was a sweet mom, but she is not the same today and is cold and materialistic. I find Bonnie has some questionable behaviors too...and not this gift giving.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Could be, but then that really sucks for the child and I would hope that's not the case. I can't imagine that being it though. Most of Ellie and Jared's fanbase is children, and I imagine they will go back and watch past vlogs, even if they can't watch over the weekend.
I don't know...it was just a thought.

I will take the debate down a notch since I think I maybe entertaining the vloggers with my petty topic on gift giving if they are reading the board. ;)

I may not always agree with you, but I'll respect your opinions and others.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:

I think if this the worst I can find fault with Bonnie, she isn't doing bad. I was hoping the relatives like Bonnie would come through with gifts since everyone complained about the kitchen set Jackson would have to share and the mural he was getting from E+J as a gift. I even said this.

It started off as a one line comment about the gifts, but now it is getting petty and I am fault with this too.

I don't think you can see Ellie or Bonnie as all or nothing and I've defended and been critical of them both, where you just defend Bonnie. I don't think Ellie's dismissive behavior is ok, but not to the degree you probably see it and I look at how Jackson is doing in life which is better than most. I think Ellie was a sweet mom, but she is not the same today and is cold and materialistic. I find Bonnie has some questionable behaviors too...and not this gift giving.

All the Griffiths and Mechams could shower Jackson with gifts and it wouldn't make up for a cold and distant parent though. We can side-eye whether she should have gotten Jackson a better gift, but we shouldn't judge it based on whether she made up for his mother's lapses or not. It isn't the Griffith's/Mecham's or the viewer's job to make sure Jackson's emotional needs are met. Its his parents. We could all come through for him, but it still wouldn't be enough.

The sad thing is, yes Ellie was a good mom for the first year of his life, but Jackson won't remember or experience it again unless he watches the vlogs.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote: We didn't see all the gifts being opened, so I don't think we assume as fact that the other package wasn't from Bonnie/Joel and the kids.

All the Griffiths and Mechams could shower Jackson with gifts and it wouldn't make up for a cold and distant parent though. We can side-eye whether she should have gotten Jackson a better gift, but we shouldn't judge it based on whether she made up for his mother's lapses or not. It isn't the Griffith's/Mecham's or the viewer's job to make sure Jackson's emotional needs are met. Its his parents. We could all come through for him, but it still wouldn't be enough.

The sad thing is, yes Ellie was a good mom for the first year of his life, but Jackson won't remember or experience it again unless he watches the vlogs.
Not being a professional in child psychology and it is hard to judge parents based on vlogs, I just need to leave it at that. I don't disagree with you either. I hope Jackson continues to thrive as a bright easy going preschooler and Jared/extended family can make up the difference or compensate with Ellie's lack of closeness.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... e-and-baby
I couldn't find any scientific literature.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

We may feel like Youtubers are exploiting their children, but we are buying what they are selling. Just as one can criticize people for eating at Chik-Fil-A, we are at fault for watching and supporting vloggers. There is still one saving grace with Bonnie though. She isn't vlogging full time yet. Her kids have more privacy than those of the full time vloggers and they do at least get a break. That's at least something in my eyes since I do still watch family vloggers despite questioning the ethics. There are definitely worse offenders that I will no longer watch and support daily though (E&J, Daily Bumps, Shaytards, Saccone-Jolys, etc). I don't feel that the Hoellein's have reached Truman Show proportions yet like other vloggers.

It's interesting. I have some TTC couples YTers that I enjoy watching who I really hope get pregnant. The second they have their baby though, I know I will question the ethics of having their child on Youtube, but at the same time I wouldn't want them to disappear. It's an interesting dynamic we have with Youtubers. Don't show us your life, but don't stop either.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/obs ... ds-offline

I recognize this article is not to be discussed under rules of the board and moderator. I can't move it now, but if it needs to be moved or removed, thank you for doing this.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

menehune wrote:We may feel like Youtubers are exploiting their children, but we are buying what they are selling. Just as one can criticize people for eating at Chik-Fil-A, we are at fault for watching and supporting vloggers. There is still one saving grace with Bonnie though. She isn't vlogging full time yet. Her kids have more privacy than those of the full time vloggers and they do at least get a break. That's at least something in my eyes since I do still watch family vloggers despite questioning the ethics. There are definitely worse offenders that I will no longer watch and support daily though (E&J, Daily Bumps, Shaytards, Saccone-Jolys, etc). I don't feel that the Hoellein's have reached Truman Show proportions yet like other vloggers.

It's interesting. I have some TTC couples YTers that I enjoy watching who I really hope get pregnant. The second they have their baby though, I know I will question the ethics of having their child on Youtube, but at the same time I wouldn't want them to disappear. It's an interesting dynamic we have with Youtubers. Don't show us your life, but don't stop either.
If you use an AdBlocker you don't help the vloggers with anything, they get their money from ads but I don't see any!
So I strongly suggest installing one!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

AdBlock is great. No ads, and no income for the vloggers from the views.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

I really wish she would do more sit down type videos! This would cut down on all the negative comments she can't handle. And I am just so bored with her daily vlogs of bath time and footage of E and J!!
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

chachismemories1 wrote:I really wish she would do more sit down type videos! This would cut down on all the negative comments she can't handle. And I am just so bored with her daily vlogs of bath time and footage of E and J!!
I agree. Her makeup videos are so good, it's like sitting down with a friend while she chit chats away. She should do more tutorials. Little girls hairstyles, makeup, adult hairstyles etc. she has a real talent for these things but she rarely does those videos anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”