OkBaby: Part 8

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

alienrasta wrote:Oscar ripped that lollipop right out of Kyra's mouth and said "Enough of that". She had it in her mouth for 5 seconds!!
(Her mouth looked a little blue when she was talking beforehand, but still. He is such an ass let her enjoy the damn lollipop!!!)
Yes I agree plus she is an adult and can do and eat what she wants it's not up to him, he is controlling and manipulates her I hope one day she sees this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:i actually hate the idea of a black and white nursery. it seems so empty and dimensional and stark and cruella deville-y? Idk it just doesnt seem apropriate for a baby. it isnt sweet light colors that make it feel homey and warm and comforting and airy. it's a dark contrast and just feels stifling to me.
I agree.
OT: When my daughter was 3 she struggled with that name and instead called her Cavilla La Dill. :D
@ecf997, they said a little while ago they're planning on buying a house this August.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ilovelamp wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ilovelamp wrote: I don't watch these guys, I just lurk in the shadows here to read the drama lol but you totally can get a rash from lice. That's how I realized my daughter had lice! I was parting her hair to braid it and noticed her scalp was blotchy red, started looking closer and then the freak out followed. The bites can cause an allergic type rash.
The bites would be similar to that of a mosquito bite reaction. In my opinion, I wouldn't call it a rash. I am not a dermatologist and very well may be wrong. Kyra's rash is all over though, so even if it were a reaction from lice, it just wouldn't make sense for the location and extremity of the rash??? Regardless I hope for her and her families sake that it isn't lice and just having some type of reaction to a product she is using..
Gotcha... i didn't realize it was all over her!
alienrasta
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alienrasta »

I had Kyra's haul on as background noise while I did school work and I heard her say if she bought yoga pants from lululemon, Oscar would have a stroke. :| He can buy a drone (was it 2? I can't remember), replace the wings, go skiing AND BUY THE SKI CLOTHES + EQUIPMENT, go to that trampoline park often, but she can't splurge on a pair of leggings? What is this? I'd understand if she was buying a pair once a month, but it's nice once in awhile to spend the extra money on quality clothes. If she had 1 or 2 nice pairs of leggings, she wouldn't need to buy 6 other pairs of cheap ones all the time.

Couple of things: 1. I'm not sure if lululemon is even good quality, i'm just going based off of what Kyra said.
2. I understand all of my posts shit on Oscar, but I have no problem with Kyra, other than the fact that she lets Oscar walk all over her, so I can't talk anything she does.
UrbanChanel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by UrbanChanel »

alienrasta wrote:I had Kyra's haul on as background noise while I did school work and I heard her say if she bought yoga pants from lululemon, Oscar would have a stroke. :| He can buy a drone (was it 2? I can't remember), replace the wings, go skiing AND BUY THE SKI CLOTHES + EQUIPMENT, go to that trampoline park often, but she can't splurge on a pair of leggings? What is this? I'd understand if she was buying a pair once a month, but it's nice once in awhile to spend the extra money on quality clothes. If she had 1 or 2 nice pairs of leggings, she wouldn't need to buy 6 other pairs of cheap ones all the time.

Couple of things: 1. I'm not sure if lululemon is even good quality, i'm just going based off of what Kyra said.
2. I understand all of my posts shit on Oscar, but I have no problem with Kyra, other than the fact that she lets Oscar walk all over her, so I can't talk anything she does.
I have no problem with Kyra either. I feel like a lot of the things people criticize her for stem from the way she was raised and I can't bring myself to blame her for that.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

UrbanChanel wrote:
alienrasta wrote:I had Kyra's haul on as background noise while I did school work and I heard her say if she bought yoga pants from lululemon, Oscar would have a stroke. :| He can buy a drone (was it 2? I can't remember), replace the wings, go skiing AND BUY THE SKI CLOTHES + EQUIPMENT, go to that trampoline park often, but she can't splurge on a pair of leggings? What is this? I'd understand if she was buying a pair once a month, but it's nice once in awhile to spend the extra money on quality clothes. If she had 1 or 2 nice pairs of leggings, she wouldn't need to buy 6 other pairs of cheap ones all the time.

I have no problem with Kyra either. I feel like a lot of the things people criticize her for stem from the way she was raised and I can't bring myself to blame her for that.
Tbh I kind of hate this excuse though. I had a tumultuous childhood and was always scraping for money, so I do understand and even relate to Kyra in many ways. However, I can't write it all off as "bad upbringing" and give her a pass with a good conscience. I should also note that I think Kyra is a good person and has a good heart. But I don't feel bad about criticizing some of her parenting decisions, even if they do come from a negative past. She made the decision to have children and publicize their lives on Youtube, so therefore she made the decision to open herself up to criticism.

Of the two, I definitely prefer Kyra and find Oscar incredibly annoying, though as much as I criticize them, I know that they love Levi and are trying their best. But the bottom line is, while I see she is actively trying and relate to her a lot, she does do some questionable things that don't sit well with me.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Oscar is such an ass omg
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hellohiyesitsme »

Correction, she said that if he found out she was "shopping regularly" at lululemon he would have a stroke, which is 100% understandable considering how expensive that would be. From what I see, Oscar DOES splurge more than Kyra, but you also have to remember that Kyra got a brand new car not too long ago. Those Bean boots, lululemon jacket, and her coach purse were also pricey. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying that it's not like she never spends money on herself.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Kyra seems like the type of person who needs to be put on a restricted budget. Other youtubers would benefit from saving a little more too. How is this a bad thing?
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

Unknowngirly wrote:Kyra seems like the type of person who needs to be put on a restricted budget. Other youtubers would benefit from saving a little more too. How is this a bad thing?

That's what I'm saying. I have more problems with Oscar than Kyra, but it's not fair to blame him on all of her strict spending habits when throughout her entire haul she was saying things like, "I can't bring myself to spend that much," and talking about how she likes discount stores. Like I said in my previous comment too, she did just get a brand new car so... it's not like she's deprived.
alexandramarie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandramarie »

I'm from South Africa so I'm not familiar with American prices and what is considered cheap or expensive but from my perspective they splurge. Both Kyra and Oscar. Kyra wrote on twitter a couple of months ago. "I'm addicted to spending even if it's a dollar" the stuff they buy might not necessarily be expensive but things add up and they are going to get themselves into bad habits especially Kyra. I think she's a bit in over her head (I'm not sure how to say it) because she had a rough childhood and money wasn't as accessible as it was so she was never taught good spending habits and saving etc. because YouTube isn't forever

Mlburk21
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mlburk21 »

Another snore fest vlog
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Mlburk21 wrote:Another snore fest vlog
Can Oscar ever bear to keep his pimply face more than three inches away from the camera? And maybe lower his voice to a normal decibel for once?

And when Kyra asked if he would expend his energy by cleaning the house and making dinner and he replied, "I would, but that's not my job. Besides, I have to edit." :roll:
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

BlueMountains wrote:
kkkk wrote:Sorry but black triangles for the nursery?? That's not cute :-/

And to spend ALL night putting those cribs together?? Baby won't even be in that crib for a while because she'll be in there room. None of that makes sense. But to be up ALL night to put together something she won't need for a while??? And to get Levi a new crib??? They basically wasted a night putting together a crib Levi doesnt need and a crib the baby won't even be in for months and months. I'm so SO confused. You can't have two kids in the same room unless they're BOTH sleeping through the night. Or it won't work. Do they know that?

They could've put Levi's new crib together while he napped, then put the other crib together a different day while he napped. Not be up all night. How are they supposed to take care of Levi all day?? Their inability to plan, prioritize or think about anything seriously boggles my mind.

Omg.... these two.... I cannot see them with two kids under 18 months. Seriously I can't.

I dont think its odd that they put together the other crib. She probably just wants to start decorating it and wants the other crib to be put together so she can put all the furniture in the room. Most youtubers and people in general put the crib together even if they have the baby in their room.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
We're in a two bedroom just like they are and expecting our second baby, and it just surprised me to give up sleep ALL night to put together something that won't be used for a long while. It was more so the poor planning of giving up a nights sleep when you have a toddler to take care of all day. I realize many expecting parents put together cribs beforehand even if baby is in their room, especially if it's the first baby and they're setting up the nursery. I myself just would've tried to plan it better in terms of time but that's just my opinion.

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

ecf997 wrote:
Can Oscar ever bear to keep his pimply face more than three inches away from the camera? And maybe lower his voice to a normal decibel for once?

And when Kyra asked if he would expend his energy by cleaning the house and making dinner and he replied, "I would, but that's not my job. Besides, I have to edit." :roll:
And then he adds a "just kidding" and kyra just laughs. I'd be giving him a death glare if I was her.
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

ecf997 wrote:

Ok, come on. You can talk about how close he is to the camera, that's fine, but the pimple comment was kind of unecessary. People typically can't control that.
Mlburk21
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mlburk21 »

Hellohiyesitsme wrote:
ecf997 wrote:

Ok, come on. You can talk about how close he is to the camera, that's fine, but the pimple comment was kind of unecessary. People typically can't control that.
You can definitely see a difference in his skin from older Vlogs. I'm sure the lack of sleep and unhealthy way of living/hygeine are catching up.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

When I was 18-20 I cringe when I think about all the stupid stuff I wasted my money on. I'm 25 now and I wish I would have spent it differently. I should have saved some or bought a car. I'm kind of like kyra, I like to shop and spend money. A budget is a great thing and it helps my family and kyras. It's ok to treat yourself every once in a while.

And I want a pair of lulu leggings too they're amazing!
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

kkkk wrote:
BlueMountains wrote:
kkkk wrote:Sorry but black triangles for the nursery?? That's not cute :-/

And to spend ALL night putting those cribs together?? Baby won't even be in that crib for a while because she'll be in there room. None of that makes sense. But to be up ALL night to put together something she won't need for a while??? And to get Levi a new crib??? They basically wasted a night putting together a crib Levi doesnt need and a crib the baby won't even be in for months and months. I'm so SO confused. You can't have two kids in the same room unless they're BOTH sleeping through the night. Or it won't work. Do they know that?

They could've put Levi's new crib together while he napped, then put the other crib together a different day while he napped. Not be up all night. How are they supposed to take care of Levi all day?? Their inability to plan, prioritize or think about anything seriously boggles my mind.

Omg.... these two.... I cannot see them with two kids under 18 months. Seriously I can't.

I dont think its odd that they put together the other crib. She probably just wants to start decorating it and wants the other crib to be put together so she can put all the furniture in the room. Most youtubers and people in general put the crib together even if they have the baby in their room.

We're in a two bedroom just like they are and expecting our second baby, and it just surprised me to give up sleep ALL night to put together something that won't be used for a long while. It was more so the poor planning of giving up a nights sleep when you have a toddler to take care of all day. I realize many expecting parents put together cribs beforehand even if baby is in their room, especially if it's the first baby and they're setting up the nursery. I myself just would've tried to plan it better in terms of time but that's just my opinion.

I see your point, they could easily build it during the day or build one piece of furniture a night

d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Unknowngirly wrote:When I was 18-20 I cringe when I think about all the stupid stuff I wasted my money on. I'm 25 now and I wish I would have spent it differently. I should have saved some or bought a car. I'm kind of like kyra, I like to shop and spend money. A budget is a great thing and it helps my family and kyras. It's ok to treat yourself every once in a while.

And I want a pair of lulu leggings too they're amazing!
I'm like that too! I spend like $10 dollars on something and then three months later be like why did I buy this when I don't even need or use it? I need to be more cautious with my spending like Kyra is because I have a car and those things aren't cheap!!

Return to “OKBaby”