8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by Namm »

Ruby has no excuses for not homeschooling her kids, she lives with an educated man who can teach her so much if she wanted to learn something new. But I guess, her mother taught her all she needs to know about life in general.
Poor Russel and Evie who both seem eager to learn more as children their age do, but Ruby just keeps them at home out of boredom and to keep her company. Ruby is like an older Ellie, she can't be home alone so the kids have to take turn to stay at home with her during the day, but she officially calls it "homeschooling".
Kendra from J-house is one of the few mothers I've seen really educating her kids thru homeschooling.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

+there is also something called Youtube if she really wanted to cook them something else or different other than that noodle and soup dishes. Kevin probably eats something else at work, no way that grown up man survives on those small portions while running every morning.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by seriously7 »

I agree about Ruby keeping those kids home for companionship. Next year Russell should be in school and Eve should start preschool because she'll be 4. What is she gonna with herself?
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Ahh ok thanks for answering my noodle question!lol. Now ruby is earning a nice amount of money from YouTube you would think she would be providing more for her kids by that I mean more clothes and better food, but it seems like she's being selfish and holding back because she wants a new house. Maybe the fact one of her sister just built a big house and the other a remodel she feels pressure on keeping up as she's the oldest, pretty narcissistic if you ask me. It always seems the sisters are trying to one up on eachother. I know her kids look naturally thin but that doesn't mean they are healthy....food plays a huge roll in health and she is not giving her kids a decent amount of food and healthy either. I find it so weird aswell how the sisters feed their family small portions of food, what is with that? It's like a controll thing..really weird.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Namm wrote:+there is also something called Youtube if she really wanted to cook them something else or different other than that noodle and soup dishes. Kevin probably eats something else at work, no way that grown up man survives on those small portions while running every morning.
Yeah there is no way he can only eat the small amounts she gives them, hopefully he has a decent meal at work lol
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I think Russell doesn't need to have an exam as he will just start school.
Chad was homeschooled last year and they examined him and they said he did well.

A while ago Ruby was saying to take one kid out of school every year and we think that it will be Julie because she was/is being bullied.

Kevin eats at the university canteen.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Namm wrote:Ruby has no excuses for not homeschooling her kids, she lives with an educated man who can teach her so much if she wanted to learn something new. But I guess, her mother taught her all she needs to know about life in general.
Poor Russel and Evie who both seem eager to learn more as children their age do, but Ruby just keeps them at home out of boredom and to keep her company. Ruby is like an older Ellie, she can't be home alone so the kids have to take turn to stay at home with her during the day, but she officially calls it "homeschooling".
Kendra from J-house is one of the few mothers I've seen really educating her kids thru homeschooling.
Someone made a comment on the Butler family thread on GG, about the way they pop out babies and then don't teach them anything, just coddle them and enjoy having cute cuddly babies around. The older kids go off to school, and they can't be alone in the house, so they pop out another baby.
As far as the homeschooling requirements, I am pretty sure they differ from state to state.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

I think It's a very, very bad idea to take Julie out of school. It will make her seem "special" in the eyes of her peers, more bullying material.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

phie20 wrote:I think It's a very, very bad idea to take Julie out of school. It will make her seem "special" in the eyes of her peers, more bullying material.
Well, Ruby will teach her how to no be bullied since Ruby said it was Julie's fault she was getting bullied.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

The advice she gave Julie about her getting bullied was just awful coming from her own mother, just unbelievable

Anyways, about the food issue, I don't think it's all about them not knowing about nutrition. Their mother has raised and controlled hem with food or something.
Kevin knows all about healthy food so does Joel a bit, at least out of what I've seen. They just don't want to take the fight with their wives.

I've seen in both Bonnies and Rubies vlogs where they adults eat real ”food” or nicer, tastier foods cause the kids for some reason don't deserve to eat the same food as the adults. The kids are like second class citizen (I guess it's the controlling narcissistic traits).The children have to some how earn the right to eat ”tastier” or different from their normal noodles /soup meny.

In one of Bonnies vlogs she forces the kids to eat some orange looking noodle-soup while her and Joel share some nice meat. Chad jr caught Ruby and Kevin enjoying KFC in their bedroom once. If you watch their family gathering vlog, the kids get some boring soup and all the adults eat some jummy food. Also the kids always have to eat all and be grateful that they are getting any food, notice ANY FOOD no matter how bad it taste. Everyone should have the right to express if the don't like the taste of something including children.

I would have sympathy with the Griffits sister's if it was about the ingredients in the food being to heavy or strong for the kids but it's not out of concern for the children, it's about control. So when the parents want or need the kids to obey they just use the food and the kids have to earn the right to eat something different from the soup/noodle meny. For those children who are happy to do extra chours and don't complain about anything, they get treats especially as their mothers don't have to cook then. But I've seen Kevin cook real food when he has time.

Most parents and those wihout children believe that feeding your kids comes with being a parent. But in the Griffiths house it seems as something of a luxary that you have to earn.
I understand everything about teaching your kids being grateful about life but this family take it to another weird level. I don't think Emily raises her children this way, don't get that impression...
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Re: nutrition- I don't think it's so much about the kids not having enough to eat at meal times, but rather that the diet just isn't great. They often come home after school and have a large sticky baked thing and some other kind of sweet so it's no wonder they might not eat a whole lot at dinner. I think there are some meals that look okay, and let's face it, lots of kids probably eat worse than these ones do, but really there's almost nothing green offered up. Somehow I am most troubled by the snacks than the meals, though. I mean, it's fine to have a couple of cookies once in a while, but it seems like almost every single snack is a sugar-filled, starchy thing- never protein, never vegetable or whole grain, and rarely fruit or dairy. I feel a bit bad for criticizing because I know it's not easy feeding kids sometimes, but in this case I guess I just feel like the food options could easily be a lot better.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I really don't think Julie was ever actually bullied. I remember when that vlog came out Julie was seen crying suddenly and Ruby kept asking what was wrong and the child never talked, she just pushed tears out because she was getting attention for once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWu4f1JhfjI Someone else mentioned that Julie is learning what it takes to get attention and profusely crying is one of them. She tried to take the girl out of school that day and Julie was hesitant like she really wanted to go, then she tried to keep her home to rest and she wanted to go swimming. The footage is all chopped up, but finally there's a scene where apparently Julie needs a break from a little girl, but it's clearly typical childhood antics where the other kid probably said a mean thing one time, not some serious onging situation, otherwise you know Ruby would have been at that school quick. A few months later in another vlog, she tries to use the bullying thing again with Julie for "good content" and it backfires when Julie couldn't even remember the incident and even said it was never a big deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7-wIK9Vgs&t=167s Bullying is a ongoing thing where a child is being harrassed, this was not that.

It will be a shame if Julie is pulled next year with a she's being bullied excuse.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

This reminds me of an older E+J video I just watched, where Jared takes Shari and Chad jr to a showing of their favorite YouTube group or something like that, and before he takes them to a get hotdogs. You can see them both in the backround DEVOURING the hotdogs as if they had never had one with actual condiments on it before. Just proves even more that they never get anything good to eat and/or they rarely get "treats" like that
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

They need a healthier diet otherwise they are just going to be skinny-fat and that isn't good at all. Thankfully her kids are also active so that's a saving grace sort of.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Shari is really getting annoying and bratty. She has a very sassy/sarcastic tone with everything she said in today's vlog! She sure thinks she knows it all, doesn't she? And ruby just seems to ignore it. So annoying. It's like eve in a teenager version.

And say what you want about Grandma Griff but I wish my mom would show up to help like that.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

You really believe that grandma just popped up as a surprise (?)
Don't want to sound to negative but she obviously knew that her mum was coming that day. It's all for the cameras now when it comes to Ruby and also to sell their perfect family-relationship image.
Don't get me wrong though, I do believe that grandma loves her children and grandchildren but the surprise thing was kind of silly...
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by savedramafoyomomma8 »

seriously7 wrote:I don't see a problem with the way she feeds the kids. I would much rather see kids that look like hers than overweight out of shape fat children.

Her kids eat breakfast, a school lunch, a snack as soon as they walk in the door, and dinner. Maybe it would help to start introducing more variety now that she's not living off of food storage, but I hope she doesn't start putting a feast on the table each meal.

Her kids will probably all end up thin like her because they are disciplined to eat just enough and not too much like some of you want to see.

She doesn't need to feed her kids a feast...no...but some healthy choices would be a nice change...some variety would be a nice change. Seems like they eat a lot of candies and baked goods. Rarely any fruit and veggies...unless it's in a soup of course. ;)
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
Amateur

marshmallowfluf wrote:So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

I haven't watched yet but don't you think she would see her car? I mean...how'd she get there? She obviously had to drive unless she rode the bus/train that Shari rode.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
Amateur

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

I haven't watched yet but don't you think she would see her car? I mean...how'd she get there? She obviously had to drive unless she rode the bus/train that Shari rode.
Nevermind! I figured it out. Her video is out of order today...she showed Julie the stack of gifts on the table and then when Chad was making the dresser(?) she said I need to go wrap your presents. Oopsie.

Return to “8 Passengers”