I'm dying at angry porcupine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

kyra is hardly mother of the year like someone above said...she is suuuuper closed off and not receptive to advice whatsoever or at least plays that way. She is really bratty too towards people who try to help her. and she makes really silly mistakes that even google could answer for her. that being said, she has REALLY stepped up her parenting despite her past (party girl phase and upbringing) and considering the lack of support she receives from bonehead oscar who emotionally abuses her everyday (pretty sure he says he is joking just so he can get away with it and not make it seem as awful/serious as he actually means it). She has really opened up to levi and it shows because he deff is starting to go to her more. I do commend her for being so active and positive even while being so heavily pregnant. She is also soo self sufficient, independent, and strong so i really admire her for that as well. i def think there are a few things that still show her immaturity but she has improved a lot. Oscar on the other hand regresses more and more each day and I feel like he is the one that drags kyra down. He is beyond controlling, manipulative, rude, selfish, and terrible with time management and being responsible. He is soo immature as well, like beyond immature. he REALLY grinds my gears. I cant believe he doesnt listen to what he says and how he acts and doesnt realize how awful he is being. He treats levi like his little bro and kyra like a doormat or clown he can laugh at/maid that has to cook and clean after him. oscar: grow tf up
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

ecf997 wrote:Lol and in the vlog before that, he asked for the bug buddies' opinions on how his editing is bc he knows how annoyed everyone is getting. Also, did anyone notice the montages have been fewer now? Thank jesus
I wish he'd montage his annoying ass off of YouTube.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

dnbunny wrote:I can't believe Oscar said "or put headphones on to drown out the crying" WTF ???!!!!???!!

What parent ADMITS to neglecting their child like that lol and why is it okay for him to just leave kyra to deal with Levi crying so he can "work." It takes TWO to make a baby and he shouldn't be off the hook so he can edit a vlog. Their child should come first ALWAYS. These two baffle me, especially Oscar.
That singular comment was disturbing. The time Levi cried so much he was sick. He could have choked and....! If Kyra slept through that and Oscasshole had his earphones in, Jesus. I can only imagine adding up the amount of hours that baby has been left to cry. :(
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kkkk wrote:They're odd, but overall I don't mind Kyra. It's Oscar who I want to throw an angry porcupine at. He's almost lost a bit of his mind. He's so so so so so different than he used to be.
Is it possible Oscar has undiagnosed ADHD? Wouldn't his school have picked that up way back if so? I think the hyperactive part is all his pent up energy that's driving him stark raving loony tunes. The cabin fever in that small flat in snowy winter and the social isolation don't help with that. The ADD part is what's possibly causing him to take 10 hrs + to edit the vlogs. I'm by no means a professional and I'm not diagnosing, merely an observational opinion. Heck, another YouTuber, Cory from 'Live Each Day' did a video about his own ADHD and honestly, Oscar makes Cory look comatose by comparison.

Footnote: Even IF it were true, it doesn't excuse his douche bag treatment of Kyra, he's on his own with that shit.
future_wifey
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by future_wifey »

dnbunny wrote:
I think they're doing a great job raising Levi tbh. I don't have any complaints there. And all the little things they do that people bitch about doesn't bother me at all because please show me a parent who hasn't made mistakes? I don't have problems with Kyra either and I don't have problems with how Oscar treats Levi, it's about how he treats Kyra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

You're right every parent makes mistakes, especially new ones! But the issue is not that they make small, inconsequential mistakes... i.e ignoring the fact that they've been putting their son at risk for SIDS literally since he was 3 months old, ignoring the fact that his car seat is never fitted properly, and OSCAR continuously putting his child in danger/using him as a prop for views.

Kyra has been doing much better than she has in the past and I do genuinely like her and enjoy her personal channel, but let's not act like she's parent of the year OR like she's been receptive to knowledge from other people just trying to help her!

No one ever said she was parent of the year! I said that I liked her and that I think she does a good job. Kyra isn't obligated to take advice from strangers. That doesn't make her a bad parent. What if she doesn't want help? Kyra seems like the independent type and I can relate because that's how I am. Kyra does her own thing and doesn't let people drag her down. I respect her for that.

future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Unread post by future_wifey »

kkkk wrote:They're odd, but overall I don't mind Kyra. It's Oscar who I want to throw an angry porcupine at. He's almost lost a bit of his mind. He's so so so so so different than he used to be. Like he's not well. Kyra does things that rub me the wrong way, but she could be so so much worse. Despite that, I'll always think they're a bit strange. Especially for planning a second pregnancy at 19 with a 6 month old. I will never comprehend that.

Kyra's going to ACTUAL help when this baby comes. Like an actual capable adult with common sense. Oscar doesn't count. The thought of him being alone with Levi or the baby freaks me out.

I have given up trying to understand why people think they want to have kids that young. Not just one, but TWO?! I think it's a bad decision to try to have kids so close together when you're that young, because you have only experienced one phase of their life (the baby stage). Now Levi is moving into the toddler stage, but he's still never thrown a tantrum. They've never had to discipline him. I almost think that these moms (and the young parents I know IRL) are still blinded by the cuteness of babies, and have yet to realize that they are responsible for turning this baby into a good adult. There's SO much more to parenting than what they're doing right now, and I really just don't think they realize what they're getting into.

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Whenever I watch vlogs or hauls, Kyra and Oscar get the fruits, animals and countries wrong. It always makes me wonder how will they help their kids with homework or anything to do with education. I've friends who are doctors but their parents don't even have degrees. So it shouldn't make a difference. But I'm just curious how these two will help them around.
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

future_wifey wrote:
dnbunny wrote:
I think they're doing a great job raising Levi tbh. I don't have any complaints there. And all the little things they do that people bitch about doesn't bother me at all because please show me a parent who hasn't made mistakes? I don't have problems with Kyra either and I don't have problems with how Oscar treats Levi, it's about how he treats Kyra.

You're right every parent makes mistakes, especially new ones! But the issue is not that they make small, inconsequential mistakes... i.e ignoring the fact that they've been putting their son at risk for SIDS literally since he was 3 months old, ignoring the fact that his car seat is never fitted properly, and OSCAR continuously putting his child in danger/using him as a prop for views.

Kyra has been doing much better than she has in the past and I do genuinely like her and enjoy her personal channel, but let's not act like she's parent of the year OR like she's been receptive to knowledge from other people just trying to help her!

No one ever said she was parent of the year! I said that I liked her and that I think she does a good job. Kyra isn't obligated to take advice from strangers. That doesn't make her a bad parent. What if she doesn't want help? Kyra seems like the independent type and I can relate because that's how I am. Kyra does her own thing and doesn't let people drag her down. I respect her for that.

No, what makes her a pretty bad parent is taking her child out in the cold underdressed, putting her child to bed with a lot of potentially suffocating things or in a closet, shoving/letting Levi shove huge pieces of food he could choke on, taking a year and repeated falls in the tub before she even considered putting a non slip mat, making money off of her kid banging his head in the tub because she had put no mat, allowing Oscar to bait Levi to take something off the bed and laughing when the kid nearly broke his neck. Should I go on? It's not about being parent of the year, it's about actively endagering her son. She should take the advice of people fearing for Levi's safety because those are legitimate concerns. You think she does a good job, ok, I've seen enough in their vlogs to disagree with you.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

sofreakingnotok wrote:
future_wifey wrote:
dnbunny wrote:

No, what makes her a pretty bad parent is taking her child out in the cold underdressed, putting her child to bed with a lot of potentially suffocating things or in a closet, shoving/letting Levi shove huge pieces of food he could choke on, taking a year and repeated falls in the tub before she even considered putting a non slip mat, making money off of her kid banging his head in the tub because she had put no mat, allowing Oscar to bait Levi to take something off the bed and laughing when the kid nearly broke his neck. Should I go on? It's not about being parent of the year, it's about actively endagering her son. She should take the advice of people fearing for Levi's safety because those are legitimate concerns. You think she does a good job, ok, I've seen enough in their vlogs to disagree with you.[/quote]

100% agree. Perfect examples! and what is sad is there are soo many more!
bibby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bibby »

Kyra: "Who just tosses their baby down like that?"
Oscar: "He's not a baby he's a toddler."

Me: :x :x :x :x
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
100% agree. Perfect examples! and what is sad is there are soo many more!
I feel like these are some of the biggest ones. It's simply not debatable whether a kid is in danger or not when allowed to shove large pieces of meat in his mouth. It's a fact that it can lead to death. Same goes for everything else I said and you're right, probably more. Yes, sometimes we nitpick but there are some issues that we're pointing out that are dangerous, no ifs ands or buts. Saying that Levi is fine and therefore it's probably fine or they do a good job is like saying drinking and driving is fine because look, nobody died. Levi is just lucky(thank God!). Levi is fine in spite of his parents not because of them. I really want them to do right by him but I don't know, instead of focusing on being better parents, they went ahead and concieved another one. That tells me they think they're pretty damn perfect or they just can't see that far into the future. Either way, it's bad for Levi and the little girl.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Can we pleaaase clip the longer posts guys? They're not quoting properly and it's a lot to scroll through.
alienrasta
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alienrasta »

Wow! Oscar actually complimented Kyra and went to get her food in this vlog !!!! :D
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

alienrasta wrote:Wow! Oscar actually complimented Kyra and went to get her food in this vlog !!!! :D
I'm shook!!
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Unknowngirly wrote:
alienrasta wrote:Wow! Oscar actually complimented Kyra and went to get her food in this vlog !!!! :D
I'm shook!!
Guys quote the date!!! Also Levi was super cute
tvobaby27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tvobaby27 »

Oh jeez.. Kyra's insta bio- 20 with 2 kids under 2. Trying to be like Jess much?

Also, whoever suggested they rearrange the cribs so there is one on each wall and the dresser in front of the window... yes I was thinking the same thing! It looks so bad next to each other and imagine Levi climbing into the baby's crib and bothering the baby... but we all know they don't think of things like that!

ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

tvobaby27 wrote:Oh jeez.. Kyra's insta bio- 20 with 2 kids under 2. Trying to be like Jess much?

Also, whoever suggested they rearrange the cribs so there is one on each wall and the dresser in front of the window... yes I was thinking the same thing! It looks so bad next to each other and imagine Levi climbing into the baby's crib and bothering the baby... but we all know they don't think of things like that!

Lol 2 kids under 2 isn't even an accomplishment.

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

The thing I wish is that Kyra would either stand up for herself or leave. The bug buddies are all around the age of 12, and I hope that they know that the emotional abuse that oscar does is not okay.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”