DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

So Ollie can't identify or sing his ABC's? That was kind of sad.. Bryan made it seem like they're waiting for preschool to start...

Peyton seems very smart though.

MISSY IS so stupid why have Ollie sit up there looking at the ABCs backwards? Bitch you go sit on that end and let him and Peyton look directly at them. He doesn't know his ABCS regularly what makes you think he can read upside down..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

"It's like a little preschool going on in here bro."

No, it's Missy and Peyton playing with a puzzle and Ollie zoning out thinking about his chokit milk.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

yoyo16 wrote:I'm pretty sure they weren't renting. Their old house sold at the beginning of January.

The only reason I thought they were renting was because they were talking about how exciting it was to own. I can go back and look.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Ollie was not focused on the activity at all. Amelia above stated it correctly, Ollie being BEHIND the board is counterintuitive to his ability to recognize letters.
My son is 4 1/2. He's smart, but has difficulty focussing and processing words. He's in speech and OT and we work with him constantly at home and he shows massive improvement every day. Ollie seems very smart...but he is NOT receiving any help at home with basic fine motor skills, cognitive development, and verbal communication.
Screen time in moderation is fine for kids, but he does have too much. Every time they eat out...there's a screen. In the tub, before bed, when he snacks, etc. It's constant and it's not good for his attention span. Some ideas to consider to help him catch up, Missy and Bryan:

*Read read read. Read a book every day, together. Have him describe what's going on in the pictures if he doesn't want to listen to the whole story. Engage his mind and creativity.

*Work on letter recognition! There are NUMEROUS ways to do it and you'll find one that works for your child. Flashcard, magnetic letters (my favorite), wipe and erase books that help the child trace the letters.

*Coloring books, paints, playdoh, blocks. Anything hands on that encourages motor skills. The puzzles are great! Use them every day.

Ollie exhibits a speech pattern that shows he's not talking to people a lot during the day. He watches TV. He understands words and language from this, but he's not actively talking to anyone, and he doesn't know how to form the words he knows in his mind. Switch off the TV. Limit it to 30-60 minutes MAX for the day. It's an adjustment, but it's SO much better for him.

*Correct his speech mistakes. You're not being hard on him. You're teaching him.

*Speak slowly and clearly. Give multistep directions for him to repeat and follow. "Ollie, go to your room, find your blue shoes, bring them back here."

*Have him start doing small tasks for himself. Putting his dishes on the counter after a meal. Making his bed (it will look awful, but that's okay because he did it). Put water in Luna's bowl. Pick up his toys before bath time, etc.

You have to engage the child. This is a KEY developmental period for children. Their brains are still growing and they learn the most at this age. Take advantage of it.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lmmomSD wrote:
yoyo16 wrote:I'm pretty sure they weren't renting. Their old house sold at the beginning of January.

The only reason I thought they were renting was because they were talking about how exciting it was to own. I can go back and look.

I tried. I really tried. But I can't sit through a vlog of theirs. Jeff's nasal voice just makes me climb the walls. So I give up.
So doing one ABC puzzle constitutes pre-school, and Missy is super mom. Typical.

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

lmmomSD wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I tried. I really tried. But I can't sit through a vlog of theirs. Jeff's nasal voice just makes me climb the walls. So I give up.
So doing one ABC puzzle constitutes pre-school, and Missy is super mom. Typical.

they owned the house they were living in. I clicked on one of the house update videos and he was talking about how they have 3 days to close escrow on their current house before they can move to the new one.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
TChristine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TChristine »

Daily Dumps poor diet continues...

Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and McDonalds for dinner.

Then we see them at the grocery store because they were out of mini pancakes and of course, Missy says:
"life can't go on without mini pancakes!"
If you actually have to say that and be semi serious about it maybe you should actually try to expand your child's food choices instead of just keep feeding him the same 4 things.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Guys, remember Ollie is 3 and only does/know what his parents have taught him. If he doesn't know his ABC's it's not his fault it his parents fault that they have not been teaching him them or even introducing education to him.

Didnt somebody on here say that Brian will start saying his sick just before his performance so he can blame his crappy singing on his sicknes..lol. Sometimes you guys are spot on with your predictions!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TChristine wrote:Daily Dumps poor diet continues...

Then we see them at the grocery store because they were out of mini pancakes and of course, Missy says:
If you actually have to say that and be semi serious about it maybe you should actually try to expand your child's food choices instead of just keep feeding him the same 4 things.

Not diagnosing, BUT... That's another red flag that Ollie _may_ be on the autism spectrum. My son has Aspergers, (mild, thank God) and he would go through periods where he would only eat one thing. He lived on Cinnamon Life cereal for a while. He also had a thing for Wild Berry Pop tarts. And if the frosting on them wasn't exactly the right color, he wouldn't eat them. The dinosaur obsession too. We worked hard with Michael, and he's a lot better now. It's obviously just an observation and pure speculation. But he makes me wonder. If it's really something to worry about, I am sure they'll catch it in pre school. They will hopefully send him to a decent preschool and they will pick up on anything that's worrisome. Because B &M have no clue.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: The only reason I thought they were renting was because they were talking about how exciting it was to own. I can go back and look.

they owned the house they were living in. I clicked on one of the house update videos and he was talking about how they have 3 days to close escrow on their current house before they can move to the new one.
Thanks! Don't know what they were talking about then...

shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

After watching the ABC puzzle game I all but sprinted here to see what you guys had to say about it. Poor Ollie, he couldn't even finish the song or identify a single letter. I'm sure if he had they would've made it the highlight of that bit. Here's what's mind boggling with these people, if their lazy asses don't wanna teach him fine, but at least get some ABC, 123 apps for the kid's iPad. Or how about instead of making him watch Harry Potter and Star Wars, which a 3 yr old couldn't possibly understand, let him watch things are kid friendly that actually teach him stuff. Good Lord, it's not rocket science. How much older than Ollie is Peyton? Doesn't matter, I know 2 year olds who can recite their ABCs and count to 10. But at least she seems to be on the right track. Sad I tell you, just sad. And Amelia you hit the nail on the head. Missy doesn't know a damn thing.
Last edited by shewolf_07 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

longtimelurker24 wrote:Guys, remember Ollie is 3 and only does/know what his parents have taught him. If he doesn't know his ABC's it's not his fault it his parents fault that they have not been teaching him them or even introducing education to him.

Didnt somebody on here say that Brian will start saying his sick just before his performance so he can blame his crappy singing on his sicknes..lol. Sometimes you guys are spot on with your predictions!
True, but with the amount of screentime he has had, I find it shocking he hasn't picked up more naturally. We gave my son an iPad loaded with learning games just before he turned 2 and it was amazing how much he learned on just a week long vacation with it. He learned his ABCs and colours watching a YT video, and picked up the names of animals/trucks/musical instruments from an app. This was all self-guided during a couple long flights. Sure Ollie might not be watching quality content, but how has he not accidentally learned more after months of daily screentime? Are we to assume that he NEVER has access to educational content, or is it possible he finds it hard to retain the information without direction?
TChristine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TChristine »

lmmomSD wrote:

Not diagnosing, BUT... That's another red flag that Ollie _may_ be on the autism spectrum. My son has Aspergers, (mild, thank God) and he would go through periods where he would only eat one thing. He lived on Cinnamon Life cereal for a while. He also had a thing for Wild Berry Pop tarts. And if the frosting on them wasn't exactly the right color, he wouldn't eat them. The dinosaur obsession too. We worked hard with Michael, and he's a lot better now. It's obviously just an observation and pure speculation. But he makes me wonder. If it's really something to worry about, I am sure they'll catch it in pre school. They will hopefully send him to a decent preschool and they will pick up on anything that's worrisome. Because B &M have no clue.

Could be a possibility,
But I'd put more money on the fact that they (especially Missy) don't eat a wide variety of foods or offer enough choices. I don't know when the last time we saw any of them eat vegetables let alone Ollie. We don't even see them eat many fruits anymore do we?

With the way they are, it seems just like lazy parenting to me (not that that's the case with your child or other ASD kids/kids with medical DXs). We all know Missy turns her nose up at most things. Kids can be picky but if they took time and effort and offered lots of choices maybe he would surprise them. At least try to sneak fruit and veggies in with fruit/veggie smoothies if he won't eat them by themself.

tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

Why is Missy suddenly concerned with learning? Isn't he supposed to be having fun ? I bet they've signed him up for PS and are worried and know he's behind.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tnchk1187 wrote:Why is Missy suddenly concerned with learning? Isn't he supposed to be having fun ? I bet they've signed him up for PS and are worried and know he's behind.

I bet it's because he's about to go on a trip with EJ &CK and she knows he's going to look bad next to Jackson and the very much younger MG!
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I don't think he's watching anything educational. Never seen Sesame Street or anything similar in regards to preschool educational programming. It's all Disney and Nickelodeon junk all the time they never mix it up.

This might sound sort of odd but I have a 3 and 5 year old who love to watch How It's Made. You'd be surprised how much little ones can pick up from that type of stuff. Oliver seems interested in his grandfathers tools etc. Maybe Ollie would enjoy that type a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TChristine wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Could be a possibility,
But I'd put more money on the fact that they (especially Missy) don't eat a wide variety of foods or offer enough choices. I don't know when the last time we saw any of them eat vegetables let alone Ollie. We don't even see them eat many fruits anymore do we?

With the way they are, it seems just like lazy parenting to me (not that that's the case with your child or other ASD kids/kids with medical DXs). We all know Missy turns her nose up at most things. Kids can be picky but if they took time and effort and offered lots of choices maybe he would surprise them. At least try to sneak fruit and veggies in with fruit/veggie smoothies if he won't eat them by themself.

Oh yeah. Definitely. Missy apparently thinks it's "cute" that he's picky. He used to eat a more varied diet. They would give him a handful of berries with his breakfast. Bryan took him to Disneyland without Missy, and he tried baby carrots and loved them. They are definitely lazy, and aside from not doing him any favors diet wise, they aren't teaching him anything either. Missy has that bug up her butt that he's supposed to be having "fun", but (and I know I have said this before, so sorry for the repetition) learning can be lots of fun with kids his age. It doesn't have to be work or boring. Sometimes I want to shake her.
So, is Bryan getting a sore throat and cough a couple of days before his performance again? Sigh.

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Unread post by yoyo16 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 89c52b.png[/img]

A PSA: Bryan Lanning has just announced to the world that they indeed have a housekeeper! Congrats to YTMD for being the first to figure that out! ImageImageImage

ETA: she also comes on Wednesday!
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

yoyo16 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 89c52b.png[/img]

A PSA: Bryan Lanning has just announced to the world that they indeed have a housekeeper! Congrats to YTMD for being the first to figure that out! ImageImageImage

Came here to post that!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

yoyo16 wrote:

Damn we are good!!!! But now what are all the minions going to think since they have been lied too about Missy cleaning all the time????????

Return to “Daily Bumps”