TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 15

nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 15

Unread post by nickypicky »

From what I've seen the comments are from mom's the kind of facts you get from a baby book that they NEVER read!
putain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by putain »

All the women in my family breast fed, I always thought it was quite common here, but I could be wrong.
I'm debating whether or not to watch the breastfeeding video, I don't think I'll be able to stand it!
xoxo
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

sand and water wrote:WOW! She disabled comments. Princess doesn't like the criticism. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Either that or just properly support your child's head.
The nit picking ppl do online is unbelievable. She was just sharing HER experience.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

JaJa wrote:
sand and water wrote:WOW! She disabled comments. Princess doesn't like the criticism. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Either that or just properly support your child's head.
The nit picking ppl do online is unbelievable. She was just sharing HER experience.
Sure but if you see J's tweet, he said this video was meant to be informative. Nothing about it was informative, unless you want to call it, "what not to do when breastfeeding", or.. "the horrors of breastfeeding." She provided no good information about breastfeeding. As a mom who is proud to breastfeed and knows the benefits of it, I would be giving out good informative tips and facts about it. She doesn't realize that she is turning people OFF of breastfeeding. Yes it is her story, but the reason she went through that are mistakes SHE made.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

who cares if it turns some women off of breastfeeding. why do you care? she said herself it's easy now and she loves it. she did get it corrected and it no longer hurts.
TheHandbagOf Glory
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TheHandbagOf Glory »

sand and water wrote:
JaJa wrote:
Sure but if you see J's tweet, he said this video was meant to be informative. Nothing about it was informative, unless you want to call it, "what not to do when breastfeeding", or.. "the horrors of breastfeeding." She provided no good information about breastfeeding. As a mom who is proud to breastfeeding and knows the benefits of it, I would be giving out good informative tips and facts about it. She doesn't realize that she is turning people OFF of breastfeeding. Yes it is her story, but the reason she went through that are mistakes SHE made.
He also said it was meant to be inspiring :? It really wasn't, I wish she had spoken more about the positives.

And they may have just realised that feeding babies divides opinion and if you give yours so publicly you better stick on your tin hat.
Shhhh, I was never here......
Lady
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lady »

The sad thing is that Anna really should support Emelia more when holding her, I would suggest that to parents I support as a Children's Nurse if they did the same thing. Benji and Judy have accepted that it is impossible to know everything and educated themselves about taking care of a newborn but Anna and Jofus think any suggestions are just people being mean. I don't think all of them were done in the most polite way, but do they not for one minute question their actions, or take time to educate themselves on holding techniques, and baby development?
Last edited by Lady on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

sand and water wrote:
JaJa wrote:
Sure but if you see J's tweet, he said this video was meant to be informative. Nothing about it was informative, unless you want to call it, "what not to do when breastfeeding", or.. "the horrors of breastfeeding." She provided no good information about breastfeeding. As a mom who is proud to breastfeed and knows the benefits of it, I would be giving out good informative tips and facts about it. She doesn't realize that she is turning people OFF of breastfeeding. Yes it is her story, but the reason she went through that are mistakes SHE made.
problem is also that she's a role model to these teenagers. and the way she puts information on the internet is going to go into some minions' heads. and that's the problem. I wouldn't care at all if she was a private person but she isn't. and if you talk about a topic like that, you should talk about the negative aspects as well as the positive aspects. in fact, you should come to a positive conclusion in the end. because, god, it's not war. it's breastfeeding. it should be the best thing in the world to feed your child.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

JaJa wrote:who cares if it turns some women off of breastfeeding. why do you care?

Because breastfeeding is the best thing for your child. I understand some women can't produce milk, and that is completely fine, but when you are a breastfeeding mom, and you are a so called "role-model" then that is your chance to tell everyone about the benefits over formula feeding, especially when living in a country that has a low breastfeeding rate. Besides why do YOU care that I care? Obviously you aren't a breastfeeding mom, so let me have my opinion.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

sure, have your opinion. I just think it's sad ppl nit pick all these ppl who make YT videos. I have been a victim of online bullying and it sucks. it absolutely sucks. Ppl are acting like it's the end of the world over what she said/didn't say. It's just sad.
memememe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by memememe »

To be honest, some people I know now who took to breast feeding went to it because they felt it was easier, no bottles to wash, no formula to buy etc.

Have watch most of the video just now but had to stop as I wasn't engaged by how she was speaking about it at all. Pretty much most of what she is saying is factually correct, however it is the spin she is putting on it which turned me off. She seemed to be congratulating herself on how well she had done in the whole video, all the obstacles she overcame, overdoing it on how difficult it was..... For me, breastfeeding represents an amazing closeness with your baby, something that you do for the, and is all about them, yet when I gave up three quarter ways through, there still I don't think was mention of how she actually felt emotionally to be feeding her baby? As I said, yes what she said was factually correct however, it was a one sided and exaggerated representation of it. It is like childbirth, why try to ruin a first time mothers experience of it by fear mongering? Yes it is hard work, but it is one day in your life, and bf-ing is the same, it can be tough, but it is worth persevering. And the most important thing is to at some stage stop listening to advice, and find your own way. A friend of mine breast fed apart from the babies 12 pm bottle, when her husband would give a bottle of formula to allow her sleep,through from 9 tp about 2am for the next feed. Plenty of people told her it was the wrong thing to do but it worked for her, it worked for their baby, and it meant she didn't give up because of the tiredness she felt from doing all the feeds - so to so not all the hell that Anna describes. Perhaps she had a particularly tough time with it, but putting a lot of young girls off it with a vlog like that won't help the statistics in any country :)

I also had to stop watching because in a video about her baby where she nursed her baby on her lap, did she even look at her with affection once?? Even when she moved her around? Unfortunately I don't think she can change how she behaves with Emilia or how she appears on camera, I think that is just how she is :?
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

JaJa wrote:sure, have your opinion. I just think it's sad ppl nit pick all these ppl who make YT videos. I have been a victim of online bullying and it sucks. it absolutely sucks. Ppl are acting like it's the end of the world over what she said/didn't say. It's just sad.
Hmmm. This in no way is "bullying."
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

memememe wrote:To be honest, some people I know now who took to breast feeding went to it because they felt it was easier, no bottles to wash, no formula to buy etc.

Have watch most of the video just now but had to stop as I wasn't engaged by how she was speaking about it at all. Pretty much most of what she is saying is factually correct, however it is the spin she is putting on it which turned me off. She seemed to be congratulating herself on how well she had done in the whole video, all the obstacles she overcame, overdoing it on how difficult it was..... For me, breastfeeding represents an amazing closeness with your baby, something that you do for the, and is all about them, yet when I gave up three quarter ways through, there still I don't think was mention of how she actually felt emotionally to be feeding her baby? As I said, yes what she said was factually correct however, it was a one sided and exaggerated representation of it. It is like childbirth, why try to ruin a first time mothers experience of it by fear mongering? Yes it is hard work, but it is one day in your life, and bf-ing is the same, it can be tough, but it is worth persevering. And the most important thing is to at some stage stop listening to advice, and find your own way. A friend of mine breast fed apart from the babies 12 pm bottle, when her husband would give a bottle of formula to allow her sleep,through from 9 tp about 2am for the next feed. Plenty of people told her it was the wrong thing to do but it worked for her, it worked for their baby, and it meant she didn't give up because of the tiredness she felt from doing all the feeds - so to so not all the hell that Anna describes. Perhaps she had a particularly tough time with it, but putting a lot of young girls off it with a vlog like that won't help the statistics in any country :)

I also had to stop watching because in a video about her baby where she nursed her baby on her lap, did she even look at her with affection once?? Even when she moved her around? Unfortunately I don't think she can change how she behaves with Emilia or how she appears on camera, I think that is just how she is :?
Well said!!
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

I don't plan on having kids for many years to come, but to be honest, I don't believe breastfeeding is the ONLY way to bond with your baby. You can still bond while giving the baby a bottle - is it going to matter if a person was breastfed when they are 10, 20, 80 years old? I don't get the emphasis placed on breastfeeding and how "important" it is. Yes, I get that it's healthy....but it's not the end of the world if a baby is formula fed.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

JaJa wrote:I don't plan on having kids for many years to come, but to be honest, I don't believe breastfeeding is the ONLY way to bond with your baby. You can still bond while giving the baby a bottle - is it going to matter if a person was breastfed when they are 10, 20, 80 years old? I don't get the emphasis placed on breastfeeding and how "important" it is. Yes, I get that it's healthy....but it's not the end of the world if a baby is formula fed.
If you read what I wrote I said there is nothing wrong with women who HAVE to formula feed. However, if you are fully capable of producing milk and giving it to your child you should at least try it. It is important because:
it is natural
the baby can digest it better (less chance of getting colic)
it is a calming relaxing time for the baby
Builds a strong immune system
Can protect your baby from developing allergies
May boost child's intelligence
May protect against child obesity
Can lower the chance of sids

For mother:
Can reduce stress level
Can reduce chance of ppd
Can reduce chance of certain cancers such as breast cancer
Helps shrink the uterus back to original size, faster.

Shall I go on?
Last edited by sand and water on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

no... it still does not change my mind.
thesedreamers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thesedreamers »

JaJa wrote:sure, have your opinion. I just think it's sad ppl nit pick all these ppl who make YT videos. I have been a victim of online bullying and it sucks. it absolutely sucks. Ppl are acting like it's the end of the world over what she said/didn't say. It's just sad.

so now you're resorting to online bullying yourself by calling posters on here 'scum'?? right...

anyway, what was said so bad on the video that made her disable comments?
memememe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by memememe »

You are right jaja, I wouldn't be part of any nazi 'breast is the only way' brigade, as being a mother is hard enough. I just think the representing it as something so hellish in a 95% one sided view like that isn't a good way to inspire or help other women, be they pregnant or years from it, and if it is at all possible to do it, most recent research does state that it is best for babies.

Sadly, I still believe that she is suffering with her nerves if the comments were disabled, and if she is being upset by all the comments due to her heightened emotional state, I really think they need to put her health first and take her out of the limelight and away from the comments on her videos until she finds her feet properly as a young mother. Having been through the after emotions of birth, I don't think reading back critical comments is something she should be doing. I am sure other mothers would agree?
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

thesedreamers wrote:

so now you're resorting to online bullying yourself by calling posters on here 'scum'?? right...

I saw no "mean" comments. Only people saying she should support Emilia's head and some saying that she should talk more about the benefits of breastfeeding. Hardly anything considered mean or bullying.
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

thesedreamers wrote:

my scum comment was to whoever made the "babyemila7" name on YT.. not anyone here.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”