TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 15

Bluewolf
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 15

Unread post by Bluewolf »

memememe wrote:You are right jaja, I wouldn't be part of any nazi 'breast is the only way' brigade, as being a mother is hard enough. I just think the representing it as something so hellish in a 95% one sided view like that isn't a good way to inspire or help other women, be they pregnant or years from it, and if it is at all possible to do it, most recent research does state that it is best for babies.

Sadly, I still believe that she is suffering with her nerves if the comments were disabled, and if she is being upset by all the comments due to her heightened emotional state, I really think they need to put her health first and take her out of the limelight and away from the comments on her videos until she finds her feet properly as a young mother. Having been through the after emotions of birth, I don't think reading back critical comments is something she should be doing. I am sure other mothers would agree?
Absolutely agree.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

JaJa wrote:
thesedreamers wrote:
JaJa wrote:sure, have your opinion. I just think it's sad ppl nit pick all these ppl who make YT videos. I have been a victim of online bullying and it sucks. it absolutely sucks. Ppl are acting like it's the end of the world over what she said/didn't say. It's just sad.

so now you're resorting to online bullying yourself by calling posters on here 'scum'?? right...

anyway, what was said so bad on the video that made her disable comments?
my scum comment was to whoever made the "babyemila7" name on YT.. not anyone here.
What did they do that honored them with such a name (scum)?
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
TheHandbagOf Glory
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TheHandbagOf Glory »

memememe wrote:You are right jaja, I wouldn't be part of any nazi 'breast is the only way' brigade, as being a mother is hard enough. I just think the representing it as something so hellish in a 95% one sided view like that isn't a good way to inspire or help other women, be they pregnant or years from it, and if it is at all possible to do it, most recent research does state that it is best for babies.

Sadly, I still believe that she is suffering with her nerves if the comments were disabled, and if she is being upset by all the comments due to her heightened emotional state, I really think they need to put her health first and take her out of the limelight and away from the comments on her videos until she finds her feet properly as a young mother. Having been through the after emotions of birth, I don't think reading back critical comments is something she should be doing. I am sure other mothers would agree?
Yes, I do agree. When I was in that time in my life I just could not have coped with putting my life out there to be commented on.

They really should step back for a couple of days.

They do invite comment and Put their lives out there to be judged and that is not good if you are fragile.
Shhhh, I was never here......
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

thesedreamers wrote:
JaJa wrote:sure, have your opinion. I just think it's sad ppl nit pick all these ppl who make YT videos. I have been a victim of online bullying and it sucks. it absolutely sucks. Ppl are acting like it's the end of the world over what she said/didn't say. It's just sad.

so now you're resorting to online bullying yourself by calling posters on here 'scum'?? right...

Nothing just helpful stuff like this and ofcourse lil minion crap

Anna you should really support her head. She's only 2 months old, not strong enough to support her head. The muscles in her neck need time to develop properly, you should be supporting her head until she's around a year old. If you don't, it can lead to problems with her neck, head and brain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thumbs up to you for breast feeding.. I'm sorry I couldn't finish watching this video after seeing how awkward you looked holding Emilia.. Pull your hair back and hold her right..! First time parents get away with a lot, but you have to know the difference between ignorance and selfishness.:/
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Bluewolf wrote:

Absolutely agree.
I agree as well. it would have been refreshing if they had made the cut and paused for a certain amount of time to get into their roles as new parents. this counts for both: anna and jonathan. I would have respected that totally and I'm sure, a lot of their subscribers would have as well.

on the other hand, it's their source of income. and if they want to keep going, they should think about what it's doing to them and their child.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sand and water wrote:
thesedreamers wrote:

I saw no "mean" comments. Only people saying she should support Emilia's head and some saying that she should talk more about the benefits of breastfeeding. Hardly anything considered mean or bullying.
I didn't find them "mean" as well.
but if I was her, I wouldn't be able to cope with all these opinions, I have to be honest. I thought about this a few days ago and it must be hard. even if it's only opinions, it can still destroy you a bit.

however, he does NOTHING to protect anna or emilia. she's a grown up, she has a brain and she can make decisions on her own. if she'd speak up to him, maybe he'd realize that all this is damaging her.
memememe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by memememe »

I could understand that they can't mess with their income, however I think that even turning off comments and taking a step away from social media such as twitter would, if explained to their minions and real 'fans', give her the break she needs at least from the criticism without losing them too many viewers. Either that or structuring the vlogs differently to allow them show less of the content that is likely to attract negative comments? They will never have this time back with Emilia, she will grow all to quickly, and they shouldn't allow their chosen career to overshadow or taint this time for them. I always remind myself when it comes to my work that I will never wish on my deathbed that I spent another hour answering emails, but I will certainly regret time not spent with my little boy (excuse the working mothers guilt, it's never far from the surface!)
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

geekinthepink wrote:
I didn't find them "mean" as well.
but if I was her, I wouldn't be able to cope with all these opinions, I have to be honest. I thought about this a few days ago and it must be hard. even if it's only opinions, it can still destroy you a bit.

however, he does NOTHING to protect anna or emilia. she's a grown up, she has a brain and she can make decisions on her own. if she'd speak up to him, maybe he'd realize that all this is damaging her.
:tu:
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

memememe wrote:I could understand that they can't mess with their income, however I think that even turning off comments and taking a step away from social media such as twitter would, if explained to their minions and real 'fans', give her the break she needs at least from the criticism without losing them too many viewers. Either that or structuring the vlogs differently to allow them show less of the content that is likely to attract negative comments? They will never have this time back with Emilia, she will grow all to quickly, and they shouldn't allow their chosen career to overshadow or taint this time for them. I always remind myself when it comes to my work that I will never wish on my deathbed that I spent another hour answering emails, but I will certainly regret time not spent with my little boy (excuse the working mothers guilt, it's never far from the surface!)
yes, if it's stressing her out so much they really need to rethink the vlogs it's like it hasn't sunk in yet that they are parents now...........
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

memememe wrote:I could understand that they can't mess with their income, however I think that even turning off comments and taking a step away from social media such as twitter would, if explained to their minions and real 'fans', give her the break she needs at least from the criticism without losing them too many viewers. Either that or structuring the vlogs differently to allow them show less of the content that is likely to attract negative comments? They will never have this time back with Emilia, she will grow all to quickly, and they shouldn't allow their chosen career to overshadow or taint this time for them. I always remind myself when it comes to my work that I will never wish on my deathbed that I spent another hour answering emails, but I will certainly regret time not spent with my little boy (excuse the working mothers guilt, it's never far from the surface!)
that won't happen. you're right. but it won't happen. he will not turn off the comments on the vlogs at least. maybe you've noticed that a few vlogs like "MILF BUYS MAKEUP" have around 40.000 views due to a) the title and b) the minions and "haterz" fighting in the comments. the normally titled vlogs usually get up to not even 30.000 views.
that's why he will never ever turn them off. he longs for the drama, the discussions and the views that come with all that. it's shady and pathetic. that's why I lose any soft feelings for them almost immediately when I think about that fact. if he would care about wifey and baby, he would get into these discussions and stand up for himself and his family or take a break from youtube and social media in general. nobody forces him or them to put their lives on youtube, really, nobody. except for their bank account. they chose to earn money this way. they have to accept that opinions come with it.

this whole youtube thing is backfiring on them right now. big time. and I don't know how much I feel sorry for them. next to zero.
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

i agree... they need to sit down and reevaluate their lives and the direction they want to take this YT career.
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

TheHandbagOf Glory wrote:
sand and water wrote:
JaJa wrote:
any Mom that has breastfed her baby, will say the exact same thing as anna said. Ppl need to be prepared that it's going to hurt - i dont think she said anything "wrong" in this video.
My point is, it shouldn't hurt to the extent of SCREAMING and SOBBING every time a baby latches on. If you read any breastfeeding book, experience it yourself, or discuss with a lactation consultant, they will tell you that it means the baby isn't PROPERLY latched. Yes you do get sore in the beginning, but it should never get to the point that Anna was talking about. Probably because she didn't consult her lactation consultant, and just assumed that the pain was normal. What she SHOULD have said was, this is my experience, not every woman will go through this or have the same problems I did. Now I see commenters saying "i'm never breastfeeding" or "this is horrifying, my boobs hurts just from hearing you talk about it." She harbors more on the bad times than the good. Anna is a glass half empty kind of person. She said she is doing it because of the benefits, yet only discussed bonding and how it relaxes her (Anna not Emelia). You can see that the bonding between A and E is slim to nothing, as she spends most her time in a swing or carseat. I have breastfed one child for a year, and am now breastfeeding my second who will be a month old tomorrow. I would never go on a public forum and say oh my gosh it was horrible, I was screaming and sobbing, and I was jealous of all the other bottle feeding mothers, I wanted to quit... yadda yadda. So NO not ANY mom who breastfeeds would say that exact same thing. Maybe she should have educated herself with a breastfeeding class before jumping into the unknown. Besides.. she decided to have a baby and breastfeed her. It's time for Anna to put her big girl panties on, and grow up. Also, it's time for people to stop making excuses for this girl.
This ^^ :love2:

I've breast fed both of my children and not once did I feel agony or pain like Anna described, a midwife corrected my sons latch as one of my nipples was sore (not agony just irritated). Breast feeding means uninterrupted cuddling time, a time when no one else can do what you do for your baby and your baby is contented and snugly. It's not horrendous pain and crying, really it's not.
I'm so afraid that breast feeding is going to be really painful. I have really sensitive nipples to the point where if I go without a bra for half an hour they get rubbed raw. :/
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

geekinthepink wrote:
that won't happen. you're right. but it won't happen. he will not turn off the comments on the vlogs at least. maybe you've noticed that a few vlogs like "MILF BUYS MAKEUP" have around 40.000 views due to a) the title and b) the minions and "haterz" fighting in the comments. the normally titled vlogs usually get up to not even 30.000 views.
that's why he will never ever turn them off. he longs for the drama, the discussions and the views that come with all that. it's shady and pathetic. that's why I lose any soft feelings for them almost immediately when I think about that fact. if he would care about wifey and baby, he would get into these discussions and stand up for himself and his family or take a break from youtube and social media in general. nobody forces him or them to put their lives on youtube, really, nobody. except for their bank account. they chose to earn money this way. they have to accept that opinions come with it.

this whole youtube thing is backfiring on them right now. big time. and I don't know how much I feel sorry for them. next to zero.
And the age old saying once again "Can't take the HEAT stay out of kitchen". :-D
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nickypicky wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:

And the age old saying once again "Can't take the HEAT stay out of kitchen". :-D
Plus they aren't even try'in to make a good foundation--at least as learning new parents just sensationalism he just cannot get out of that.
snowcakes

Unread post by snowcakes »

Hi everyone! I started watching Anna and Jofatso during the Summer and I've been entertained on here the whole time so thank you :D
Out of curiosity I've just gone back to have a look at their vlogs from early 2011 and yeah...I can see how Anna does seem to be way more miserable now by comparison.

But also- how often did she use the word 'retarded' ? I wasn't really expecting that tbh. She was like 'our internet is freaking reatarded' in one. Which...ok...it's not PC but I get that's a common thing people say anyway from not knowing better. But then in another one I watched, she was actually walking down the street in this goofy way, making a face with her tongue hanging out and laughing 'Hey, do I look retarded?!' Eh.....?

Also, if this is of any interest, I've been around the two of them in person- before I knew who they were - A friend pointed them out to me and was explaining they're Irish vloggers (it was at this Philip DeFranco thing in Dublin.)
I remember thinking how weird it was that they were pretty much on their own isolated from all of their fabulous internet friends they were supposedly there for...like Anna was sitting down properly sulking in a chair- she looked so pissed off, bratty basically.

Anyway, sorry this is kinda long! Those are things I've been waiting to say...
memememe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by memememe »

Geek love, don't worry. Everyone gets some pain because your nipples have to 'toughen up', but lots of the cream, keeping them dry and clean, and that stage passes very quickly. Plus, you decide yourself if you want to do it, and then stand by your own decision, whether it is to go for it fulltime, part time or not at all. Breastfeeding does not make anyone a great mother, it is only one very small part of raising a child, and I have seen enough mothers who bf fail miserably at other aspects of parenthood to know that bf-ing is a huge issue for some, but doesn't equal perfect motherhood any more than disposable nappies do. Loving your child and just doing your best for them in all that you can is as much as any of us can do
TheHandbagOf Glory
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TheHandbagOf Glory »

geeklove wrote:
TheHandbagOf Glory wrote:
I've breast fed both of my children and not once did I feel agony or pain like Anna described, a midwife corrected my sons latch as one of my nipples was sore (not agony just irritated). Breast feeding means uninterrupted cuddling time, a time when no one else can do what you do for your baby and your baby is contented and snugly. It's not horrendous pain and crying, really it's not.
I'm so afraid that breast feeding is going to be really painful. I have really sensitive nipples to the point where if I go without a bra for half an hour they get rubbed raw. :/
Your breasts change so much when you're pregnant and feeding that how sensitive they are normally doesn't really matter, iykwim. The sensitivity changes along with size and firmness, and the colour too, lol.

And if it is sore there are things you can do, like using nipple shields, that can help.

What Anna described is not the norm or else most Starbucks would be full of screaming sobbing women!
Shhhh, I was never here......
Angitaun
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Angitaun »

Omg, did she ever look at Emilia during the breastfeeding video? Did she not watch the video before uploading it? I don't have a clue about babies but even I can see that baby's head was zigzaging and being jerked back and forth. It was painful to watch. She looks SO awkward with her own child. She would be x10 more excited if she was doING a video about one her dogs. Pretty sad...
JaJa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JaJa »

Angitaun wrote:Omg, did she ever look at Emilia during the breastfeeding video? Did she not watch the video before uploading it? I don't have a clue about babies but even I can see that baby's head was zigzaging and being jerked back and forth. It was painful to watch. She looks SO awkward with her own child. She would be x10 more excited if she was doING a video about one her dogs. Pretty sad...
yes, she looked at emilia
BlueEyedBelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueEyedBelle »

I HATE how Anna thinks she has EVERY illness anybody brings up to her. "Oh I had mastitis! My mom had it so I know I had it too."

She does it with everything - a guy could be like "I have erectile dysfunction." And Anna would be like "oh like, I think I have that too!"

It's very strange.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”