Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Ophelia11 wrote:"Like...a bicycle....?"

"Noooo. A cycle!"

What the actual fuck?
Not just me who thinks Ellie must be exhausted with all that cycling, eh Jared. :shock: :rofl:
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:In honor of the new thread title (thank you for choosing mine!), please direct your attention to the first 30 seconds of this video. Seriously, just watch the first 30 seconds and thank me later. You won't regret it. Lmfao.

https://youtu.be/D9DtDgoracA
YOU GUYS. SHE SAYS "PERIOD" in 8:53 into the video (link above in quote)
:D :-o
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

"Our Infertility Journey"
Ellie talks about having sex, and about semen. scandalous! :-o at 2:00
imherenow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by imherenow »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:Seeing as everything is a joint effort, will Ellie also say "we got a prostate exam" when the time comes? Or?

How does she not get that cycle = from CD1 until the time her next PERIOD starts?

Ellie, you went through TTC for 3 years, which included fertility treatment, so you spoke with numerous doctors and nurses who used the correct terminology?

What the actual fuck?
I think she only saw the doctors and nurses for a few months before Jackson.

I'm seriously questioning just how hard they TTC during those 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their problem was bad timing due to a lack of knowledge.
I've thought this about her for awhile... I feel like she really doesn't know much about fertility and probably didn't take the time to educate herself. I get that her periods have always been off and on but really I'm not sure how infertile she actually is, and more so had bad timing when they tried for Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

amyfalafal wrote:
"Our Infertility Journey"
Ellie talks about having sex, and about semen. scandalous! :-o at 2:00
i remember watching that and thinking ellie was so, so gorgeous. now i look at that video and think "wtf was i thinking? she's an ass".

the 2:00 mark gives me the same feeling when missy mentioned in her 6 week PP update from ollie, about being excited to have sex again.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Her parents must have excellent insurance if she was still on it until now. They're so dramatic about it tho... like congrats for being an adult and getting your own insurance?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think it's fine to be on your parents' insurance if you are still in school or living at home, but it seems strange to stay on it once you are married. Getting married implies you are ready to be an adult and take care of yourself. I don't understand these couples that get married, but still live with their parents, accept money, or use their insurance.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Sarai wrote:Her parents must have excellent insurance if she was still on it until now. They're so dramatic about it tho... like congrats for being an adult and getting your own insurance?
She is still on her dad's insurance related to Affordable Care Act (ACA) passed in 2010 where children can stay under their coverage until 26. So I don't see this as a plus since they are likely paying a good deal more to add her to Jared's family plan. They also likely wouldn't have the coverage she stated was great under dad's plan compared to an individual broker plan and their income is high so they'll get no subsidies. They don't just need a good obstetric plan, but what would cover any infertility issues they might experience. Those looks were not happy congrats to adulthood, but a sticker shock look. They are paying a bunch being self-employed.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I think it's fine to be on your parents' insurance if you are still in school or living at home, but it seems strange to stay on it once you are married. Getting married implies you are ready to be an adult and take care of yourself. I don't understand these couples that get married, but still live with their parents, accept money, or use their insurance.
They covered her infertility/OB care and births too. Once their babies were born, they had to put the kids under Jared's plan. I don't want to get political, but insurance is complicated here. I can see why a young adult would stay on a parents plan since dad would not charge or it is free, but her parents probably paid out more since she was the youngest and they would need to retain a family plan with three of them vs. if it was just dad and mom. I wonder if they paid dad the difference or any cost that wasn't covered?
Last edited by tratra58 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

OMG she is still on her family's insurance. My oldest is getting her Phd and we told her to get on the school's insurance she was 24 turning 25. My son is 24 and he is working for a small company no insurance. When he got engaged my husband said find insurance. If you're old enough to get married you're old enough for your own insurance. They have been married 7-8 years and she has been on her parents insurance is mind baffling to me.
Oh affordable healthcare my ass every time a kid has gone off we end up paying more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

the titles and thumbnails have been so damn eyeroll worthy since they have decided to TTC. Are you guys telling me the super upset faces and "stressful phone call" (not in all caps, thats when you know things are "serious" in youtube land) was about them having to get their own insurance? Christ on a cracker, grow the hell up Ellie and Jared. You have 2 kids and want a 3rd and you can't handle signing up for insurance without tears?????? GTFO
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My special needs daughter is on Medi-Cal because her cheap ass dad won't pay her premiums to stay on his insurance.
I want to throttle Ellie. Grow the hell up, and be grateful you had the coverage as long as you did.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

This is what's wrong with healthcare. I think it's great that children can be covered IF NEEDED until 26. But if you are married for 7 years, have two kids and make a shit ton if cash you should NOT be on your parents insurance. Be an adult and support yourselves!!

Also, how awkward to be married and use dad's insurance for fertility treatments. That is just weird imo.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I love the comments today. Not so much about insurance, but they thought Ellie was so much older. I agree the drama with getting health insurance is not appropriate based on another fact and that is they can easily afford it. Some of their viewers have a difficult time paying for insurance.

As much as people don't agree with paying for adult children health insurance under a parent's plan until 26, it is popular and not likely going away.
Last edited by tratra58 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think it's fine to be on your parents' insurance if you are still in school or living at home, but it seems strange to stay on it once you are married. Getting married implies you are ready to be an adult and take care of yourself. I don't understand these couples that get married, but still live with their parents, accept money, or use their insurance.
Thank you for saying this. It's such a big pet peeve of mine. I am 24 and I have friends/people I know getting married before they are financially stable and it drives me nuts. I swear, sometimes super religious couples are willing to do anything (particularly E+J; living off of potatoes and whatever) just to be "allowed" to have sex.

But, with that being said, I do think insurance is an exception, today at least. Everything is so expensive here, I understand if two people have low paying jobs (i.e. newly certified hair stylist & Verizon employee) that don't come with good insurance plans, staying on a parents plan almost becomes a necessity.

The thing that irritates me most about the whole E+J's insurance situation is how they act like they were so burdened by infertility costs, even though they were having most if not all of it covered. They probably just had to pay a co-pay at the doctor's office and maybe a co-pay with the prescriptions, and that's what they were complaining about. They have no idea the real struggle of not being able to afford fertility treatments.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's not required that you stay on your parents insurance until 25 though, right??? Like i'm sure 23 year old can get their own insurance if they want too? (i'm way past that age and the ACA actually is a good thing for us, we have went from paying nearly $400 a month, and struggling to make that payment to now paying less than $150 a month and have had zero issues with our coverage) Point being, didn't Ellie have the choice to get her own insurance but decided to mooch off mom and dad as long as possible? She should have done this years ago!! And what about Jared? Has he been on his parents this whole time too?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:It's not required that you stay on your parents insurance until 25 though, right??? Like i'm sure 23 year old can get their own insurance if they want too? (i'm way past that age and the ACA actually is a good thing for us, we have went from paying nearly $400 a month, and struggling to make that payment to now paying less than $150 a month and have had zero issues with our coverage) Point being, didn't Ellie have the choice to get her own insurance but decided to mooch off mom and dad as long as possible? She should have done this years ago!! And what about Jared? Has he been on his parents this whole time too?
No it is not required, but an option for adult children who have parents willing to keep them under their insurance. Yes she got a good deal from mom and dad. Jared, his dad being self-employed and mentioned in the past they've had financial issues, I think he has his own for a long time and added the kids when they were born. He is also older than 26.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It's not required that you stay on your parents insurance until 25 though, right??? Like i'm sure 23 year old can get their own insurance if they want too? (i'm way past that age and the ACA actually is a good thing for us, we have went from paying nearly $400 a month, and struggling to make that payment to now paying less than $150 a month and have had zero issues with our coverage) Point being, didn't Ellie have the choice to get her own insurance but decided to mooch off mom and dad as long as possible? She should have done this years ago!! And what about Jared? Has he been on his parents this whole time too?
No it is not required, but an option for adult children who have parents willing to keep them under their insurance. Yes she got a good deal from mom and dad. Jared, his dad being self-employed and mentioned in the past they've had financial issues, I think he has his own for a long time and added the kids when they were born. He is also older than 26.
So if i'm reading this correctly, both of the kids are ALSO covered under Ellie or Jared's parents as well? Unbe-freaking-lievable!!! YOU MAKE A SICKENING AMOUNT OF MONEY OFF THESE KIDS, YOU HAVE ZERO EXCUSE FOR NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN CHILD'S INSURANCE!!!
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Sorry, I can't edit, but I wanted to clarify that I agree it's ridiculous that they've continued to stay on his insurance all of this time, regardless of the money they've been making. I was saying I think they are justified for staying on his insurance initially, but once they started making good money, then it becomes ridiculous and extremely irritating.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

I don't even have an issue with her staying on her dads insurance for as long as possible. Being self employed, I'm sure it saved them a ton of money. It's the fact that it's "so stressful" finding new insurance. Like, be a fucking adult and just do it?? And it's OMG so expensive, like they can't afford the best insurance without a second thought. Please.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”