E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: E+J: The Cycle of Life - Part 23

Unread post by actuallydear »

they're kind of dumb for not cashing in on this - they would've got more views if they used the title POSITIVE TEST AT DISNEYLAND with the same thumbnail because people who don't even watch e+j would probably click on it thinking it was a pregnancy test.

maybe this is why their channel has plateaued?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Um. You guys. Please. Jared took a science class in college one time, and taught Ellie how her body works, so, OF COURSE they know how this works...come on!!!

I wanted to add to the name predictions. Didn't E+J say that they already had a name in mind for a girl (if they were to have one)? A name that is very special to them? It wouldve been in an older vlog, around the time she was pregnant with Jackson or Calvin. Or am I just completely making this up? Haha, I could almost swear that I remember hearing that. If I'm remembering correctly, then I vote Jennifer, without a doubt. Although, I would absolutely hate it if they chose that name.

One would think that they would be better off using the name Jennifer as a middle name. But, the Griffith women, without a doubt, will only produce straight, devoted Mormon women who yearn for nothing other than a husband as soon as they turn 18 so that they can take his last name and still keep their family name!!! Heavenly Father undoubtedly gives them extra brownie points for this tradition, so that they may be blessed with more and more baby girls!!
The girls have all said before that they do not give their girl children middle names. They also do not have middle names. They get married they move their maiden name to their middle name and that's the new middle name.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

About how kids shouldn't be watching anyway....

A lot of the vloggers will show up in the YT kids app. Daily Bumps and E&J have mostly videos that pander to kids, so they are considered "kid friendly" by YT... but then they sneak videos like this in and suddenly your kid is watching something you didn't expect.

Yes parents should be aware what their kids are watching, but it's possible they are trusting the YT kids app.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Um. You guys. Please. Jared took a science class in college one time, and taught Ellie how her body works, so, OF COURSE they know how this works...come on!!!

I wanted to add to the name predictions. Didn't E+J say that they already had a name in mind for a girl (if they were to have one)? A name that is very special to them? It wouldve been in an older vlog, around the time she was pregnant with Jackson or Calvin. Or am I just completely making this up? Haha, I could almost swear that I remember hearing that. If I'm remembering correctly, then I vote Jennifer, without a doubt. Although, I would absolutely hate it if they chose that name.

One would think that they would be better off using the name Jennifer as a middle name. But, the Griffith women, without a doubt, will only produce straight, devoted Mormon women who yearn for nothing other than a husband as soon as they turn 18 so that they can take his last name and still keep their family name!!! Heavenly Father undoubtedly gives them extra brownie points for this tradition, so that they may be blessed with more and more baby girls!!
The girls have all said before that they do not give their girl children middle names. They also do not have middle names. They get married they move their maiden name to their middle name and that's the new middle name.
I am not Mormon and I was raised by an incredible narcissist couple. They did not give any of the girls middle names. Now my girls have middle names and my daughter has stated she will keep her name professionally when she gets married. She has been published. My younger daughter has not said, but I would think she will keep hers. Oh I married a Catholic and our girls have their middle name and a confirmation name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

How many integrated ads can one vlog have?? This one had AT LEAST three: Clearblue, Parksavers (those stupid light-up shoes) and Disney. It's getting REALLY annoying that vloggers no longer follow the FCC rules and tell viewers about the advertisements/promotions they are GETTING PAID to promote in vlogs. There is almost never a true disclosure about paid promotion and that is really annoying!!!

YT is just 100% ads now.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:How many integrated ads can one vlog have?? This one had AT LEAST three: Clearblue, Parksavers (those stupid light-up shoes) and Disney. It's getting REALLY annoying that vloggers no longer follow the FCC rules and tell viewers about the advertisements/promotions they are GETTING PAID to promote in vlogs. There is almost never a true disclosure about paid promotion and that is really annoying!!!

YT is just 100% ads now.
I'm still not sure Disney is a sponsorship. Yes a lot of YTers take their kids to Disneyland, but it could just be keeping up with the Joneses. It's also a pretty popular destination when you have kids. When my son was in Gr 1 a classmate of his was randomly there at the same time as us, and we live a Country away!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I might be getting this wrong, but I seem to recall that when Aunt Sonya died, Ellie was the last to react publicly about it. Ruby and Bonnie both had vlogs up quite quickly announcing the death and showing the family's grief. The same day, Ellie's vlog was about something silly, and her saying she was having one of the best days of her life or something. A day later, she is shown crying and reacting to Aunt Sonya's death. Now I'm not saying she wasn't affected by the death, but I did question the way the whole thing was presented, especially since the following vlogs on Ellie's channel seemed to be more about Ellie than they did about Aunt Sonya and the grieving family members. I'm saying all this because I kind of expect the same thing for the John and Joan IVF tragedy. Like, in a couple of days we'll have a vlog where Ellie is bawling and bawling and making it all about her. Maybe even two vlogs...

edited: a couple of days meaning AFTER her birthday vlog
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I also remember them saying they have a special name for a girl. I know Ellie looked up to her grandmother a lot, but her name was Lenore (if I recall correctly) and I can't imagine them naming their daughter that. Then I was like, oh they could make it Eleanor, but that's basically Ellie. But would we really be surprised? Hahaha. What about Jared's grandmother(s)? I don't know their names.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
I'm not sure if you misread my post, or didn't catch my sarcasm, but that's exactly what I was making a joke about. Lol Image
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Here's a thought. There's already seventeen grandchildren and more are inevitably coming. What are the chances that one (or more) of them will leave the church when they're adults? I feel like even the holiest of Mormon families can't hide the "outside" world from their kids these days. Times are changing A LOT. And with social media nowadays, the chances that we'll be able to read stories directly from these kids in a decade or two is not unlikely. Ex Mormon stories are fascinating. I'm frequently on r/exmormon. Any thoughts? Guesses on the kids that may leave?

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Guys, I got it. You take Ellie's mom's name, Jared's mom's name, and coincidentally you also get the fertility drug they had the most success with. Their daughter will be named..

Jennifemara.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

littlebaby wrote:Here's a thought. There's already seventeen grandchildren and more are inevitably coming. What are the chances that one (or more) of them will leave the church when they're adults? I feel like even the holiest of Mormon families can't hide the "outside" world from their kids these days. Times are changing A LOT. And with social media nowadays, the chances that we'll be able to read stories directly from these kids in a decade or two is not unlikely. Ex Mormon stories are fascinating. I'm frequently on r/exmormon. Any thoughts? Guesses on the kids that may leave?

It's hard to tell seeing as most of the kids are still so little.

I can't see any of them leaving the church at this stage. Maybe one of Ruby's kids because their mother (and she is a reflection of the church and it's teachings) is batshit crazy.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

i usually get really annoyed by their ridiculous thumbnails and click bait titles but this time, i just couldn't help but laugh. the desperation is on a whole another level. no one should have to deal with infertility, but i would really love to see all of this fail.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

VidIQ has E&J making $22.6 K a month and their figures are supposedly far more accurate than Social Blade's wide ranges. Allowing for sponsorships/freebies this doesn't account for, this would still mean E&J are likely making far less than a million a year, and their channel growth has slowed a lot from where it was before the house. Numbers are up since they announced TTC, but how long that will last remains to be seen.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... d72ff3.jpg[/img]

Oh. My. God. And that first comment. These people act like they're the first people in the world to TTC/have sex. And I'm absolutely convinced that a doctor told her she's just a dumbass when it comes to her "cycle" and should have no problems conceiving if she learns a thing or two about her body. There is no way in hell someone who really had the possibility of infertility hanging over their head would post shit like this on her FIRST "cycle" of TTC. Do they realize that even perfectly "normal"/fertile people often times take 6 months-a year to conceive? Just no. I can't with them.

Also, I really hope no one else ate off that cotton candy after her pee stick was a few inches from it.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

And I would hate to be the security guard who opened up her bag at the entrance and accidentally touched a piss stick.

strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

I am livid at that stupid picture of her smiling like a half-wit holding an ovulation test and cotton candy after everything that has happened with John and Joan today. I can't believe it. She's so insensitive. She's an immature child. Put down your pee stick, you hick. You're not the first person to TTC. And NEWSFLASH, some people are having a harder time than you.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Haven't they established like a million times that her (possible) PCOS could give her false positives for ovulation tests? Hasn't she repeated that like four times since they started TTC?

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Joan's newest Instagram caption is absolutely heart breaking. She mentions in it that she's leaving social media for a while because her heart can't handle seeing "rainbow babies and announcements". And this heartless bitch posts that ridiculous picture 4 hours later. She is an awful, horrible, no good human being.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

blahblahblahhh wrote:Joan's newest Instagram caption is absolutely heart breaking. She mentions in it that she's leaving social media for a while because her heart can't handle seeing "rainbow babies and announcements". And this heartless bitch posts that ridiculous picture 4 hours later. She is an awful, horrible, no good human being.

And I think that's EXACTLY why Joan no longer follows Ellie.

Jared, if you read here, you should be ashamed for encouraging this. You used to be a better man and were often praised here for your sensitivity. Even Bryan Lanning would have had a more sensitive response to this situation.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”