Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

And do we continue to watch the trainwreck of Kelsey and Corbin.
It's starting to feel like a clash of MTV shows, they have the entitlement of my super sweet 16 fand the overall maturity (and parenting skills?) of 16&pregnant.

thank you luci174 for the title

someone asked in the last thread if a mod could move the steps to wander into the more talked about vlogger section, since we're already on topic 3. I agree! :)
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by storeynyx »

Whoever said in the other thread that the photos weren't anything special, I agree. They probably could've even done them by themselves... but my goodness, that baby is incredibly photogenic! She looked so cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I agree that the newborn pics were unimpressive in the fact that they look like every other newborn photo shoot I've seen in the past 5 years. I would have expected something a little more creative from K&C. June is beautiful though. She could be a little baby model. lol gorgeous girl.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Wow, Corbin's idea of a "crazy day" is a pretty normal day for everyone else. How late was he trying to drop Paris off at doggie daycare if they didn't even accept him? 3:00? Also I hate how he described the other daycare dogs as "aggressive" and that he was scared about what would happen to Paris. Trying to create sensationalism over nothing. Obviously dogs at doggie daycare are temperament tested and are not going to be aggressive. Barking behind a fence is not aggressive behavior. And all the other stuff that happened, most people wouldn't even make a big deal of. So someone was smoking, okay. Your baby being exposed to cigarette smoke for a few seconds is probably not going to do something. He only told the story about the crying woman because he wanted everyone to think how compassionate they are.

If Kelsey was so upset about not going outside, they could have just stepped onto the roof for a few minutes instead of Corbin taking time out of the day to complain to the camera.

I'm glad Kelsey got an IUD. Hopefully she won't get it out in a few months because of whatever reason YouTube moms think the IUD is always sooooo bad. Is it normal for a husband to go into the exam room with his wife? I have had an IUD and I'm married and there's no way I would have wanted my husband there, or that he would have had any interest being there. Maybe he would go with me and wait in the waiting room, but not into the examination room.

It's funny that they're trying to make their channel so positive while still discreetly complaining.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

fossilfinger wrote:
I'm glad Kelsey got an IUD. Hopefully she won't get it out in a few months because of whatever reason YouTube moms think the IUD is always sooooo bad. Is it normal for a husband to go into the exam room with his wife? I have had an IUD and I'm married and there's no way I would have wanted my husband there, or that he would have had any interest being there. Maybe he would go with me and wait in the waiting room, but not into the examination room.
That was weird to me too. I can't imagine having my husband in the exam room filming me and me having to explain to him that he needs to put the camera away so I can get naked. What the hell did Corbin think happens in an exam room? If my husband goes to a doctor's appointment with me, he waits in the waiting room. To me it just further reinforces that they're so co-dependent that Kelsey can't interact alone with her practitioner.

It's funny to me that these two suddenly realize that birth control i s responsible. Kelsey said previously that she hadn't been on any form of birth control since 2012. Now that they realize how much work a baby actually is, they're all about the IUD.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I agree. His idea of a bad day is just a pretty typical day for anyone else.

1.) The dog daycare drop-off deadline is noon and I'm sure he knows the rules because they seem to take Paris there almost daily. That was just his own dumb fault!

2.) If the person smoking was outside and not in a non-smoking designated area - which I'm sure she wasn't - then he seems a bit of douche to complain about it three times. He chose to live in an urban area where young hipsters - who tend to smoke - live. If he wants a smoke-free neighborhood, go to the 'burbs!!

3.) HE wasn't in a car accident, so he shouldn't be bitching about it - but I'm sure they were ALREADY LATE. Corbin seems like the type that even a tiny inconvenience sets him off into a RAGE.

4.) They said they went for a walk - wasn't that OUTSIDE?? It sounded like the interaction with the "maybe crying" girl last just a few minutes, if even that! Yes, that story was just for attention. In their weird neighborhood she could have been drunk or high or mentally impaired or homeless.

5.) Sunset is about 8 p.m. in Portland now. That would have been plenty of time to go outside longer or enjoy their roof deck. I think the bigger issue is June's screaming fits and when the nice weather gets to town EVERYONE is outside and they probably complain that everywhere is too crowded. LOL!

He said he's not complaining, but he is 100% complaining.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I really am starting to think Corbin is controlling and Kelsey is dependent on him. He was either in the room for the IUD with Kelsey because he demanded it or because she thinks she can't do things alone. I mean, what about the day he was nervous about leaving June alone WITH KELSEY. THE CHILD'S MOTHER.

He screams controlling and Kelsey screams dependent.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

tintin15 wrote:I really am starting to think Corbin is controlling and Kelsey is dependent on him. He was either in the room for the IUD with Kelsey because he demanded it or because she thinks she can't do things alone. I mean, what about the day he was nervous about leaving June alone WITH KELSEY. THE CHILD'S MOTHER.

To me, he comes off as super controlling and arrogant - he strikes me as the type who would blow up if things aren't done exactly his way, and because they've been together since high school, Kelsey is probably just used to having to ask his permission for everything. So she doesn't do anything "wrong". The little I've seen of her by herself, she seems like an entirely different person, so I think she acts that way to appease Corbin and to avoid fighting

Jm87053
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jm87053 »

Yeah I agree. Something isn't right. Kelsey always looks scared or worried.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

storeynyx wrote:
tintin15 wrote:I really am starting to think Corbin is controlling and Kelsey is dependent on him. He was either in the room for the IUD with Kelsey because he demanded it or because she thinks she can't do things alone. I mean, what about the day he was nervous about leaving June alone WITH KELSEY. THE CHILD'S MOTHER.

To me, he comes off as super controlling and arrogant - he strikes me as the type who would blow up if things aren't done exactly his way, and because they've been together since high school, Kelsey is probably just used to having to ask his permission for everything. So she doesn't do anything "wrong". The little I've seen of her by herself, she seems like an entirely different person, so I think she acts that way to appease Corbin and to avoid fighting

Wow. That sounds like my ex. I did completely change my way of being around him just to keep the peace. That's why he's my ex. Funny, but he wasn't like that when we were dating. Only once we were married. Maybe Corbin changed once they got married too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

To me it seems like Corbin feels emasculated and tries to overcompensate by being the person who keeps the family together. There is nothing wrong with a man being sensitive and involved in child-rearing, of course, but it just seems like he wants to come off more macho than he naturally is. He wants Kelsey to be the damsel in distress and to be able to be her white knight, protecting her from the evil forces of reality.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

I just feel like Corbin made up the stories for the vlog. His camera/memory card situation, smoker, doggie day care, and didn't go outside story on a 70F day just did not made any sense.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

OT, but the shirt Corbin was wearing in the vlog...I don't know why, but whenever he wears it, the shirt paired with his face, hair, and beard just makes me imagine him chasing me through the woods with a shotgun LOL.

The shirt just changes him from 'wannabe hipster' to 'serial killer in a cabin in the woods who keeps popping up even though you've tried to off him 3 times already' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

melonyogloo wrote:I just feel like Corbin made up the stories for the vlog. His camera/memory card situation, smoker, doggie day care, and didn't go outside story on a 70F day just did not made any sense.
Especially considering they went for a walk, outside! Isn't that enjoying the weather!? Im currently 6 weeks postpartum as well, but I had an emergency c-section so I can't go for a walk outside yet. These two just find ridiculous things to complain about.

He acted like they were so busy, but also they did was go to one doctor's appointment. That's really not a lot to do!

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

having your partner go into the doctors room with you is a red flag for practitioners.

from the small amount i've seen, there's always been something very off about these two - corbin, specifically. he seems very manipulative and controlling. kelsey is like a damsel in distress.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I understand the husband going in for some things. Like if it's something for pregnancy that your husband really wants to be there for, or if it's something really scary (being tested for something serious, getting the news about something serious, etc.) but who wants their husband to watch them get birth control put into their uterus? No one. Sure, significant others know everything about each other and that's great, but that's just one thing that I don't think anyone would want their spouse to watch.

Either Kelsey is secretly a very nervous person who can't do ANYTHING alone (perhaps as a result of Corbin's behavior), or Corbin is a giant asshole who never lets the poor girl do anything by herself.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Then again, sorry for the double post, but I can't really buy that it might be that Kelsey is just very anxious. She seems like an outgoing-ish person who would be very breezy and carefree. Yet she acts so pitiful.

I am an incredibly anxious person and I don't enjoy doing things alone, but I would NEVER ask ANYONE to join me for anything gynecological. That would make it all the more nerve-racking for me.

I hate to assume, but Corbin's REALLY giving me bad vibes the more they vlog.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

How can he STILL be using the excuse that they don't need a car because walk a lot. NO. THEY. DON'T. They show themselves renting a car in the vlogs daily! They even DROVE to downtown PDX and then walked a short distance to make it look like a "long" walk. Then back to the car to car "shop."

As I mentioned yesterday, the weather in Portland is finally getting a bit better so people are venturing out more - a lot of people. I think Corbin never realized that happens in spring before they had a temperamental baby and a huge baby stroller to take through crowds. I think they both expected life to the same! It's NOT!

BTW, Corbin, you haven't lived in Portland "for years." You've only really lived there a little over a year...so STOP BRAGGING about being a real Portlander! And, FFS, get a damn raincoat! You obviously don't even know where to shop!!
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

I'm pretty sure my husband has come with me for one of my appointments and sat in with me. It wasn't even a thing to think about (that it might seem weird) because we are super close and comfortable around each other. I get anxious at doctor apps so he jokes through it and helps relax me. I don't see it as super strange. Not every time or anything. She should have the ability to do those things herself... and Corbin shouldn't WANT or need to sit in. (And again I *think* my hubby has come to one... I vaguely remember him being there for something like that but I might be remembering wrong.) I guess I just don't find it too weird if it's not a regular occurrence and because they have a new baby She might want her to stay in the room (with Corbin to be there if she cries?) I dunno.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So was the vlog today clickbait? I knew Gaston and Mary Sue wouldn't give in and get a car. Not when the haterzzzz are the ones insisting they need one.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”