CallieT
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by CallieT »

tintin15 wrote:
westwuff wrote:I think taking June places is fine..no reason they can't take her back to Silver Falls when she's older, maybe it will be a yearly trip. I probably would have waited for the weather to be nicer. I'm a little surprised they only change her diaper once at night. I usually bring more tarps to put under the tent and to use as protective rain cover, but otherwise their setup looked good. It looked like a beautiful place to hike.
There's nothing really wrong with them taking her places, but she can't enjoy them. What's the fun in carrying around a small infant who can't have a good time? lol
Getting out of the house is really important in combating post partum depression. And, taking your baby places is fun for the parents, even if baby doesn't know what's happening!
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

CallieT wrote:
tintin15 wrote:
westwuff wrote:I think taking June places is fine..no reason they can't take her back to Silver Falls when she's older, maybe it will be a yearly trip. I probably would have waited for the weather to be nicer. I'm a little surprised they only change her diaper once at night. I usually bring more tarps to put under the tent and to use as protective rain cover, but otherwise their setup looked good. It looked like a beautiful place to hike.
There's nothing really wrong with them taking her places, but she can't enjoy them. What's the fun in carrying around a small infant who can't have a good time? lol
Getting out of the house is really important in combating post partum depression. And, taking your baby places is fun for the parents, even if baby doesn't know what's happening!
That's true. I think my problem is that they ACT like June can enjoy it. Like her "amazing" face with the Easter bunny...as she stared blankly. They seem to think she can enjoy these things...and yet then they buy her bland toys she can't even have fun with :?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Well, you can tell Corbin and Kelsey really enjoyed it. I honestly think they have been miserable being stuck in that tiny apartment since before June was born. Getting the car and calling it "freedom" says a lot about them. They obviously really missed having a car - despite the fact they "didn't need a car."
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, you can tell Corbin and Kelsey really enjoyed it. I honestly think they have been miserable being stuck in that tiny apartment since before June was born. Getting the car and calling it "freedom" says a lot about them. They obviously really missed having a car - despite the fact they "didn't need a car."
I agree. Today's vlog was refreshing. They seemed to be really happy and enjoying themselves. I hope little June didn't get too cold overnight. My baby girl is 5 days younger than June and I couldn't imagine taking her camping overnight when it's dropping into the 50's at night. Newborns have a hard time regulating her temperature, I hope she was warm and cozy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I like them SO MUCH MORE when they are traveling and doing things! Back when they were getting the wander wagon ready for their trip, I looked forward to their vlogs. This was a refreshing change of pace. I'm so glad they bought a car.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Why does Corbin think there's a "rush hour" on a Sunday? And ANOTHER stupid clickbait title? Come ON!!!!! ENOUGH..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They might be better off doing day trips until June is a little older. Sounds like it was a rough night. Cold and rainy is not great camping weather...even for adults.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

So they have lived there for two years, uh didn't they just get that apt right before June was born?!

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

webbygurl626 wrote:So they have lived there for two years, uh didn't they just get that apt right before June was born?!

I think he's including however long they lived there before their can trip in that calculation.

How annoying was the "I almost died two times on my run." Such sensationalism. No Corbin, maybe you were nearly hit by a car twice on your run, but you did not almost die. So dramatic. He makes it sound like he's in the back of ambulance coding.

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

OMFG...so Kelsey is complaining that BFing is more difficult now than just after the tongue tie surgery, because they forget to do the stretches everyday, which makes it more painful for her. HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBER TO DO THE STRETCHES instead of complaining that "I really don't feel like I've gotten a lot of help for breastfeeding".
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

After watching their camping vlogs, it is so easy to see that they are again trying to pretend they are outdoorsy and adventurous people.

1) They didn't have the required clothings for PNW weather. No rain jacket, no insulated jacket. Had to sit inside the car to stay warm...
2) They didn't know how to set up a tent. They should hook the four corners before snapping the rest of the clips onto the poles.
3) They did not bring headlamp or flashlight? but they bought fake candle to decorate?
4) Did not even bring a camp stove to make coffee or to boil hot water? had to go to the camp store to get hot chocolate?? LOL
5) They bought way too much food and stuff for one night.

Oh well....
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:After watching their camping vlogs, it is so easy to see that they are again trying to pretend they are outdoorsy and adventurous people.

1) They didn't have the required clothings for PNW weather. No rain jacket, no insulated jacket. Had to sit inside the car to stay warm...
2) They didn't know how to set up a tent. They should hook the four corners before snapping the rest of the clips onto the poles.
3) They did not bring headlamp or flashlight? but they bought fake candle to decorate?
4) Did not even bring a camp stove to make coffee or to boil hot water? had to go to the camp store to get hot chocolate?? LOL

Oh well....
Yes I was thinking the same thing if they loved camping so much they would have already had everything or at least most of the stuff, and now they have to store all the camping stuff in that tiny apt!

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

melonyogloo wrote:After watching their camping vlogs, it is so easy to see that they are again trying to pretend they are outdoorsy and adventurous people.

Oh well....
I agree. I will not give them ass pats for taking a baby camping in less than ideal conditions, unprepared .
The camping trip was obviously for views, an attempt to prove they are still a travel based channel (which they are not) and show the viewers/haters that the car was a justified purchased because look - "camping".

No thanks. I'm glad the views & paycheque or Corbin's own selfish desires are more of a priority than the safety of their child.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ugh they are the kind of parents who cave if their kid cries seriously the tongue tie stretches made her sad so they stopped doing them, what the hell of course she gonna cry no kid wants your hands in their mouth! And she even said breastfeeding didn't hurt at all when they were doing the stretches but they still stopped, so doing the stretches were beneficial for both of them but she would cry so they stopped! They are like twelve year olds why on earth did they think having a baby is always easy and fun can't wait till she's crawling and touching electrical outlets are they gonna let her play with them because if they tell her no she will cry and be sad!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Edenberry wrote:OMFG...so Kelsey is complaining that BFing is more difficult now than just after the tongue tie surgery, because they forget to do the stretches everyday, which makes it more painful for her. HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBER TO DO THE STRETCHES instead of complaining that "I really don't feel like I've gotten a lot of help for breastfeeding".
She says that they were supposed to do the stretches 5-6 times daily for 4-6 weeks. And then after two weeks they just stopped following the protocol and only did it once a day? Yeah, of course she regressed. What the hell is wrong with these two? I feel like I'm watching two children try to parent a baby. Why in the world would you want your child to have to go through a second procedure? It's telling that she relied on Corbin to do all the stretches.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Even I didn't think they were stupid enough to STOP doing the stretches that HELP their daughter feed properly. WTF???!!! It's seriously not extremely time-consuming and they don't do anything else all day. They are really that selfish to go against doctor's orders because it makes her cry? Um, there's a REASON to do it and keep doing it. FFS, these two morons just get more annoying!!
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

These two are so dramatic. In the description of the breast feeding video it says "our baby had tongue tie and we had to have surgery to correct it"

Tongue tie isn't uncommon. Nor is the PROCEDURE to correct it considered surgery.

Can you imagine is something that actually warranted surgery happened?! How would they cope?

Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

I work in a breastfeeding support clinic (studying to become an IBCLC). Most babies don't like the stretches post-frenotomy. But you do them anyway, because why pay for a procedure (not a surgery, Kelsey) that's supposed to help your baby feed better and then not follow-up with the stretches? What a waste, and poor June.

What she says about June feeding SO well during the consultations and not at home is actually really common--we have that happen all the time. The environment is intentionally set up to be very calming for everyone, plus the mother knows she is there to receive help and has support all around her, so she is more relaxed. And when mom is relaxed, baby usually feeds better. But apparently at home Kelsey was kicking her legs and "moving all around" while June was trying to nurse because it was painful. She was tense and the baby can sense that. If it was happening every time, we would have asked her to have Corbin take a video showing a feed at home.

But her whole attitude about everything is so whiny. I hope she chills out as the baby gets older, because she just seems easily rattled when things don't go exactly the way she wanted and expected them to go.

I also agree that the camping vlogs were more interesting than any of their other ones since they stopped traveling. They seem like better people when they're traveling, and they were even WAY less complainy about the cold rainy night than I expected them to be.
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

alyssadt wrote:These two are so dramatic. In the description of the breast feeding video it says "our baby had tongue tie and we had to have surgery to correct it"

Tongue tie isn't uncommon. Nor is the PROCEDURE to correct it considered surgery.

Can you imagine is something that actually warranted surgery happened?! How would they cope?

While I agree with you that they are dramatic, our ped dentist referrers to it as an oral surgery. But maybe it's not really considered it across the board.

They are idiots for not doing the stretches. Just plain idiots. Even with doing the stretches as prescribed my son had to see a cranial sacral therapist and a pt to continue helping with correcting the tight tissues resulting from his tongue tie. I've also heard of people needing to have the procedure done again because the correct follow up care was not done.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Popcorn wrote:I work in a breastfeeding support clinic (studying to become an IBCLC). Most babies don't like the stretches post-frenotomy. But you do them anyway, because why pay for a procedure (not a surgery, Kelsey) that's supposed to help your baby feed better and then not follow-up with the stretches? What a waste, and poor June.

What she says about June feeding SO well during the consultations and not at home is actually really common--we have that happen all the time. The environment is intentionally set up to be very calming for everyone, plus the mother knows she is there to receive help and has support all around her, so she is more relaxed. And when mom is relaxed, baby usually feeds better. But apparently at home Kelsey was kicking her legs and "moving all around" while June was trying to nurse because it was painful. She was tense and the baby can sense that. If it was happening every time, we would have asked her to have Corbin take a video showing a feed at home.

But her whole attitude about everything is so whiny. I hope she chills out as the baby gets older, because she just seems easily rattled when things don't go exactly the way she wanted and expected them to go.

I also agree that the camping vlogs were more interesting than any of their other ones since they stopped traveling. They seem like better people when they're traveling, and they were even WAY less complainy about the cold rainy night than I expected them to be.
I think they aren't complaining very much about the cold rainy night because they realize it will make then look like terrible parents for keeping their newborn out in it.

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Honestly, after doing the stretches for a couple of weeks, June likely wasn't crying due to pain, but because she didn't like being restrained and having fingers in her mouth. Absolutely ridiculous. It's also ridiculous that Kelsey wouldn't do the stretches at all. Immature and moronic doesn't even begin to cover these two.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”