Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

janem wrote:Did you notice he made sure he showed her doing tummy time after it was questioned here if they ever do it.
I don't think they're going to be able to
stop the viewer decline. Just too boring. Plus Corbin is just too annoying. Better start looking for
a job now.
It's very obvious that they read this thread (well, at least Corbin). There have been SO many things they've done/said after reading something here.

I'm guessing their "exciting" summer trips are going to see Missy and Bryan for VIEWS/SUBS and hopefully going to Idaho to see their parents (but probably not, because they seem to hate their parents and Idaho). I'm going to bet they are going to VidCon with DBs, but that seems like a bad idea with a 3-month-old.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

janem wrote:Did you notice he made sure he showed her doing tummy time after it was questioned here if they ever do it.
I don't think they're going to be able to
stop the viewer decline. Just too boring. Plus Corbin is just too annoying. Better start looking for
a job now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that we know much about Corbin's job, but I don't see what's so difficult about working a "real" job just a few hours a day and going into the office only once or twice a week.

If Corbin does get another job, he should at least get one that offers insurance. Of course, that would require him to work more hours, heaven forbid.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Gee, Kelsey, did you ever think the reason June stops smiling every time you put the camera on her is because she prefers it when you're looking right at her/smiling at her, rather than pointing a camera in her face? Just a thought.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Why didn't Corbin go to playlist live? I understand traveling with an infant that small isn't the best idea, but I don't see why at least Corbin didn't go. It would have been a great networking trip for them, they claim to be a travel channel, and having DB in their videos would pick their views up.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alyssadt wrote:Why didn't Corbin go to playlist live? I understand traveling with an infant that small isn't the best idea, but I don't see why at least Corbin didn't go. It would have been a great networking trip for them, they claim to be a travel channel, and having DB in their videos would pick their views up.
I think they would have gone if June was older, but Corbin and Kelsey can't seem to be apart for more than 30 minutes, so I doubt Corbin even considered it. Plus, Missy and Kelsey are friends, whereas Corbin and Bryan only pretend to be friends (and it's awkward when they even pretend). I'm guessing they do a roadtrip in their NEW CAR to DBs house in June to see the new pool, get more sub/views and take the baby to germ-infested VidCon!!
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
alyssadt wrote:Why didn't Corbin go to playlist live? I understand traveling with an infant that small isn't the best idea, but I don't see why at least Corbin didn't go. It would have been a great networking trip for them, they claim to be a travel channel, and having DB in their videos would pick their views up.
I think they would have gone if June was older, but Corbin and Kelsey can't seem to be apart for more than 30 minutes, so I doubt Corbin even considered it. Plus, Missy and Kelsey are friends, whereas Corbin and Bryan only pretend to be friends (and it's awkward when they even pretend). I'm guessing they do a roadtrip in their NEW CAR to DBs house in June to see the new pool, get more sub/views and take the baby to germ-infested VidCon!!
I hope they don't go to see the new pool. Lord knows, we don't need them dipping June's toe in the water and claiming she loved it so much and is going to be a little swimming adventurer :roll:
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Omg, Corbin was ridiculous talking about taking June to a swim lesson because she's starting to kick her legs. She can't even hold up her head yet. There's no place that will allow her to participate in swim lessons at this point.

Also the comment about her grasping the instrument and shaking it to the music had me shaking my head. Those are all just newborn reflexes still, the grasping reflex and the jerky arms movements. She doesn't have the hand eye coordination yet to be purposefully moving her arms.

These two really think June is quite the special snowflake don't they!?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothankyou wrote:Omg, Corbin was ridiculous talking about taking June to a swim lesson because she's starting to kick her legs. She can't even hold up her head yet. There's no place that will allow her to participate in swim lessons at this point.
I think you can start "Baby and Me" swim classes at 6 months in PDX. I know my parents did with me...and that was like 30 years ago. It's better to start them early, but I REALLY doubt Corbin and Kelsey will actually do something they have to commit to. It seems like they barely make it to that weird music class most of the time. Swim class is A LOT more work and time.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Nothankyou wrote:Omg, Corbin was ridiculous talking about taking June to a swim lesson because she's starting to kick her legs. She can't even hold up her head yet. There's no place that will allow her to participate in swim lessons at this point.
I think you can start "Baby and Me" swim classes at 6 months in PDX. I know my parents did with me...and that was like 30 years ago. It's better to start them early, but I REALLY doubt Corbin and Kelsey will actually do something they have to commit to. It seems like they barely make it to that weird music class most of the time. Swim class is A LOT more work and time.
Realistically, they'd probably be those people who throw the baby into a pool bc babies automatically hold their breath, and expect her to swim naturally.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Swim lessons are expensive! I can't believe they can afford them along with everything else they spend on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ja14 wrote:Swim lessons are expensive! I can't believe they can afford them along with everything else they spend on.

Nah, they aren't that expensive. If they sign up for a class it's only about $40 for several weeks.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Where I live it's that price for one lesson. Of course to actually benefit from it, a child would have to go numerous times, so it would be too expensive for me!

Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

It depends on where you live. In my area, there's a popular swim school that offers a free "class" for babies 2-5 months old. It's basically just a mom/dad-and-me 30 minute class to get baby used to the water before beginning actual swim lessons, but lots of parents like it. They may have something similar in Portland.

I know they aren't very structured people, but I don't doubt they'd be up for something like that--they did do the baby music lessons. Not sure if they're still going, but it could have just been a 6 week session or something. I could see them doing swimming...but then maybe not continuing after a session for some whiney reason or another.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tintin15 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Realistically, they'd probably be those people who throw the baby into a pool bc babies automatically hold their breath, and expect her to swim naturally.
Thats how i was taught, not saying its right, but thats exactly what was done to me at swim lessons when i was a baby.. :-o
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also the comment about her grasping the instrument and shaking it to the music had me shaking my head. Those are all just newborn reflexes still, the grasping reflex and the jerky arms movements. She doesn't have the hand eye coordination yet to be purposefully moving her arms.

These two really think June is quite the special snowflake don't they!?

I think maybe their issue is just ignorance. I don't think either of them have experience being around newborns, nor do they seem interested in reading any child development books. Maybe they have no clue these are reflexes and really DO think shes super advanced.. not an excuse, but thats how they seem to me. They are just stupid when it comes to child development.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Okay, let me preface this by saying that Simon isn't really my type, but even I can see that he's just a handsome guy. He has a nice confident calmness to him and he's quick witted, at least compared to these two. I don't understand why Corbin keeps introducing him as "homeless friend." I doubt they referred to themselves as homeless when they were living out of a van, and I assume they would take offense if someone said they were homeless and pregnant. Corbin needs to keep putting him down because Simon is better looking and smarter than Corbin and it's so glaringly obvious in the vlogs. Kelsey and Corbin look even more frumpy and try-hard than usual. The only reason Steps to Wander has more viewers than Simon's actual travel channel is due to Bryan and Missy's spillover effect.
Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

The uploaded a video called "New Apartment Home Tour." One might think they'd moved into a new apartment? No, it's just a tour of the same shoebox we have seen every last inch of over the past several months that they've been living there. But they thought they'd still do a tour because, in Corbin's words "it's still kinda new."
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

Popcorn wrote:The uploaded a video called "New Apartment Home Tour." One might think they'd moved into a new apartment? No, it's just a tour of the same shoebox we have seen every last inch of over the past several months that they've been living there. But they thought they'd still do a tour because, in Corbin's words "it's still kinda new."
Their channel is down to ~38,000 daily views and yesterday's "Surprise Family Trip!!" only generated ~11,000 views in 24 hours. By using the title "New Apartment Home Tour," it is their effort to expose their channel to new viewers who like seeing people's home and use the keywords to search. They are just pathetic.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That "new" apartment tour was pretty desperate. Obviously they had nothing else to vlog - and they started filming at 6:30 p.m. It was kind of hilarious how they said they "have so many visitors"...um, no they don't.

Why do they say "windowSEAL" instead of "windowSILL"? It makes me CRAZY!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:That "new" apartment tour was pretty desperate. Obviously they had nothing else to vlog - and they started filming at 6:30 p.m. It was kind of hilarious how they said they "have so many visitors"...um, no they don't.

Why do they say "windowSEAL" instead of "windowSILL"? It makes me CRAZY!
and terraniums instead of terrariums

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”