Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by tintin15 »

Their clickbait got me!!! ugggh. It's not a "new" apartment when you've been living in it for months and been vlogging every inch of it.

They really are desperate for views, but...I'm sorry. Their lives are boring. Even when they do "fun" things, it's not something people are interested in.
Ellmae
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ellmae »

Watching their tour all I could think was how much is going to have to change when June is mobile. All the mugs under the island, the open bookcase in her play area. I think they will be in for a rude awakening when they have a mobile baby/ self destructive toddler.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I still think the couch looks ridiculous where they have it cutting off the flow from the kitchen into the living space. Granted, I lived in a small apartment where you could literally see the kitchen from the bedroom, and when we purchased out home I no longer wanted to have to walk immediately into the kitchen from the front door. You do get in the habit of cleaning up the kitchen immediately and we still do that today. But I think it's stupid to try to break up the rooms in an open concept space by putting the couch smack dab in the center of a very small room.

They still can't say terrarium!

It looks like rather than seeing an explosion in popularity after their child was born, they had a momentary spike and now they're back down to below 50K views a day. I think the less than tactful way they handle sponsored videos and the contempt they have for viewers contributed to this. Not to mention that the Daily Bumps audience is going to tune out even more from Steps to Wander once Missy is expecting her third and there's lot of new baby excitement on their channel. I'll be curious to see if they can continue to afford this $1500-1600 a month apartment.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I'm not even going to watch today's video because the notion that someone could break a foot from running is just too ridiculous for me to give them a view.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

fossilfinger wrote:I'm not even going to watch today's video because the notion that someone could break a foot from running is just too ridiculous for me to give them a view.
Good grief :lol: Their clickbait is soooo sad.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Yep, just more complaining. Poor Corbin ran half a mile and hurt his little foot...PLEASE! There is no way he's running a marathon.

I thought Kelsey's mom came to town for Mother's Day, but Kelsey saying she needs a swimsuit "for tomorrow" makes me think her mom is in town to babysit and they are going on a weekend trip. It's kind of sad that when they said grandma was in town I was thinking it was FINALLY Corbin's mom visiting, but nope.

Notice how Kelsey "corrected" herself when she said Corbin complains about the milkshake truck??? Even she knows how much he complains!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

fossilfinger wrote:I'm not even going to watch today's video because the notion that someone could break a foot from running is just too ridiculous for me to give them a view.
I'm not defending him in the least bc i'm sure this whole vlog is him whining and nope, not into it.. but you totally can break your foot that way. Stress fractures, too much, too fast and you will hurt yourself badly.. My sister had stress fractures in her shins from trying to do a couch to 5k program that was just way too much for her.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
I'm not defending him in the least bc i'm sure this whole vlog is him whining and nope, not into it.. but you totally can break your foot that way. Stress fractures, too much, too fast and you will hurt yourself badly.. My sister had stress fractures in her shins from trying to do a couch to 5k program that was just way too much for her.
That's why I think it's ridiculous that Corbin thinks he's going to go from sitting on the couch all day to a marathon in five months by jogging around the neighborhood once a week. He's going to hurt himself big time if he tries to run 26 miles with minimal training.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
And stress fractures actually take longer to heal. My son has been sidelined from his Army training since October because of a stress fracture, and they told him if he'd had a "regular" break, he would have healed faster.
But Corbin is likely just whining.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I got the feeling he just wanted an excuse to get new running shoes, but I can also see this as the beginning of his excuses to NOT do the marathon.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

I love how he said even the guy at the shoe store didn't believe he was running a marathon without running smaller ones first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

webbygurl626 wrote:I love how he said even the guy at the shoe store didn't believe he was running a marathon without running smaller ones first!

He probably took that as praise when it totally wasn't. Corbin is such a joke.

I know they are no where near vegan, but have they ever mentioned anything of the sorts? Considering how they try to portray themselves & the fact they live in Portland, I can't believe they haven't jumped on that train.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ja14 wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:I love how he said even the guy at the shoe store didn't believe he was running a marathon without running smaller ones first!

He probably took that as praise when it totally wasn't. Corbin is such a joke.

I know they are no where near vegan, but have they ever mentioned anything of the sorts? Considering how they try to portray themselves & the fact they live in Portland, I can't believe they haven't jumped on that train.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It would be great if they ate healthier and more mindfully, but I really hope they don't start promoting themselves as a healthy channel or do a health challenge. Just like their idea of being crunchy is growing their own basil, their idea of healthy is probably using almond milk in their Oreo milkshakes.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Social Blade is estimating that their adsense revenue is now between $339 - $5.4K monthly. Assuming no one makes the very tippy top of their range after taxes and paying their network, I have no clue how they are affording to live right now, especially if our speculation that Corbin quit his other job is true. I would imagine as a freelancer that any larger checks you get from sponsored content needs to go into a rainy day fund to pay your bills like rent, grocery and utilities when you have a slow month. So I don't understand why Corbin is running out and buying expense running shoes and hiking shoes right now.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he controls all the money. Kelsey was shopping for a swimsuit at Target and wouldn't pull the trigger on a $50 suit. If she does buy clothing, it's usually second-hand, or something that Corbin picks out for her. Corbin is also the one we saw researching and purchasing all the baby gear. I just see a lot of red flags of a controlling relationship, and my first indication is always when it seems like the wife doesn't buy things for herself and the husband appears to make all the purchases. It's just so odd that Kelsey never worked after graduating and never seemed to have a real job or any career aspirations. I wonder if Corbin likes to keep it that way so that he's in charge of everything and she has to go to him for money.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Maybe they are editing the daily bumps vlogs and are on their payroll now

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

alyssadt wrote:Maybe they are editing the daily bumps vlogs and are on their payroll now

Nah, I think Jeff has been editing DB vlogs for a while. DB might be helping them out, but I don't think he's actually working for them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:Social Blade is estimating that their adsense revenue is now between $339 - $5.4K monthly. Assuming no one makes the very tippy top of their range after taxes and paying their network, I have no clue how they are affording to live right now, especially if our speculation that Corbin quit his other job is true. I would imagine as a freelancer that any larger checks you get from sponsored content needs to go into a rainy day fund to pay your bills like rent, grocery and utilities when you have a slow month. So I don't understand why Corbin is running out and buying expense running shoes and hiking shoes right now.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he controls all the money. Kelsey was shopping for a swimsuit at Target and wouldn't pull the trigger on a $50 suit. If she does buy clothing, it's usually second-hand, or something that Corbin picks out for her. Corbin is also the one we saw researching and purchasing all the baby gear. I just see a lot of red flags of a controlling relationship, and my first indication is always when it seems like the wife doesn't buy things for herself and the husband appears to make all the purchases. It's just so odd that Kelsey never worked after graduating and never seemed to have a real job or any career aspirations. I wonder if Corbin likes to keep it that way so that he's in charge of everything and she has to go to him for money.
I get that feeling too. She never goes shopping on her own...not even grocery shopping.

Those boot Corbin bought look to be almost $400!! And running shoes aren't cheap either. AND a new $1500 camera??! Those are three big purchases basically for himself in two days...and he forgot it's Mother's Day this weekend and has no gift??

And don't forget the new car they bought only weeks ago.

They really must be raking in the YT cash now - at least for the moment. Before June arrived they were obviously broke.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Social Blade is estimating that their adsense revenue is now between $339 - $5.4K monthly. Assuming no one makes the very tippy top of their range after taxes and paying their network, I have no clue how they are affording to live right now, especially if our speculation that Corbin quit his other job is true. I would imagine as a freelancer that any larger checks you get from sponsored content needs to go into a rainy day fund to pay your bills like rent, grocery and utilities when you have a slow month. So I don't understand why Corbin is running out and buying expense running shoes and hiking shoes right now.

I get that feeling too. She never goes shopping on her own...not even grocery shopping.

Those boot Corbin bought look to be almost $400!! And running shoes aren't cheap either. AND a new $1500 camera??! Those are three big purchases basically for himself in two days...and he forgot it's Mother's Day this weekend and has no gift??

And don't forget the new car they bought only weeks ago.

They really must be raking in the YT cash now - at least for the moment. Before June arrived they were obviously broke.
Yes, Corbin is always doing the grocery shopping. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that odd. Have we ever seen Kelsey so much as grocery shop or run errands by herself? I wonder if he even lets her have a debit card.

His shopping sprees make no sense when you look at their falling views. Hiking shoes, running shoes, new camera, new Forester, etc. I'm wondering if they leased the car rather than purchasing because they figured their monthly payment would be less than what they were spending to rent a car daily. I very much doubt these two had a down payment or the credit score to get a car loan.

Kelsey went out to spend time with her mom for a couple hours, and Corbin made sure to pat himself on the back for paren
ting his own kid for two hours by himself and made sure that Kelsey felt guilty by pointing out that the baby cried for a whole 20 minutes. Oh please. I would be pretty annoyed if I was in Kelsey's position and my husband was making me feel bad for spending a few hours with my mom getting a pedicure for Mother's Day weekend. Actually, I can't imagine my husband ever doing that. It's so manipulative and childish.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes, Corbin complaining about being a father and actually watching his child for TWO WHOLE HOURS(!!!!) while Kelsey and her mom went out together was super ridiculous. Kelsey's mom was also only visiting for about 24 hours, so he should have just done it and NOT complained.

I get the feeling Kelsey and Corbin refuse to go to Idaho to visit family and make anyone who wants to see them come to Portland. I feel bad for Kelsey's mom to have to make that long-ish drive alone for just a one-day trip - especially when Kelsey and Corbin DON'T have jobs that require them to be in an office and they could go visit them very easily with their new car. It's Mother's Day weekend and June LOVES adventures!!!

They just seem so self-centered...especially Corbin.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They seem to be creating an unhealthy environment when one parent "can't" leave the baby with another parent for a short period of time, and the parent alone with the baby is confined to the apartment just waiting for the other to get home. Corbin could have put June in her stroller and taken a short walk outside to try to stop her from crying. It's good for parents to be able to have alone time, and Kelsey and Corbin clearly are fostering exactly the opposite of this attitude and acting as if they can only successfully cope with parenting when they tag team it. They both need to learn how to be June's sole caretaker for a few hours at a time and not to feel bad for leaving her for a few hours in the other's care.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”