Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

bunny88 wrote:My husband and I did it for a month and decided it wasn't for us. I was the one editing the videos, and I was new at it, so it took me forever. My husband was super awkward in front of the camera lol, so I felt like I was forcing him to vlog. If we ever did it again, there is no way I would do dailies. By the end of the month I just wanted a day off.

I love that we filmed when we got our sweet puppy, though :-) and we went on a trip which was great. I think daily life is just too boring, so it was hard to be motivated to film when we were just hanging out watching Netflix haha
I think it's great to post videos you want to remember in the future, I've even done it myself - and I'm SOOOOO happy to re-watch those videos for the memories. But doing it daily seems more work than fun.

B&M absolutely have hired help editing and posting their vlogs and they've turned their channel into a "kids-only" toy fest. I get that they are following the trend, but I HOPE Corbin doesn't do the same. Corbin is annoying as it is, but if he starts becoming more like Bryan I won't even be able to hate watch.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

What game were they playing in today's blog? Kelsey seemed so genuinely happy, it was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

What game were they playing in today's blog? Kelsey seemed so genuinely happy, it was nice.

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I dont know why kelsey doesnt open an etsy shop and sell her paintings for money. I fyess that would be too much work, but i am sure the viewers would buy them up.
Personal: My friends I did YouTube for one year to keep up at college, and i do go back and watch those videos and laugh at all the things we did. I have no idea why other people watched them, but a bunch of people from facebook would share it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So today's vlog included integrated brand DEAL$$$$ with Hello Fresh AND Red Nose Day, but NONE of it was disclosed. FFS, how do these vloggers get away with this SHIT!!!?????

I honestly skimmed the entire vlog because they are so ANNOYING. Who the EFF cares where they are going? And why are they taking so much food? LOL
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Everyone is doing Hello Fresh right now. It seems like it goes on spurts. Everyone will be doing Blue Apron. Then everyone will do Best Fiends. Now it's Hello Fresh. Why don't these companies break it up a little. It's hard to believe in any sincerity at all when there's five vloggers in a week with the same sponsor.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Everyone is doing Hello Fresh right now. It seems like it goes on spurts. Everyone will be doing Blue Apron. Then everyone will do Best Fiends. Now it's Hello Fresh. Why don't these companies break it up a little. It's hard to believe in any sincerity at all when there's five vloggers in a week with the same sponsor.
I think it might be because they all work with the same brand deal company - Trending Family. It's getting easier and easier to spot the product placements and brand deals because EVERY FAMILY VLOGGER has the same thing or does the same thing within a few days of each other. Dyson and Under Armor are two others I've noticed a lot lately - including Corbin and Kelsey (Dyson).
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Everyone is doing Hello Fresh right now. It seems like it goes on spurts. Everyone will be doing Blue Apron. Then everyone will do Best Fiends. Now it's Hello Fresh. Why don't these companies break it up a little. It's hard to believe in any sincerity at all when there's five vloggers in a week with the same sponsor.
I think it might be because they all work with the same brand deal company - Trending Family. It's getting easier and easier to spot the product placements and brand deals because EVERY FAMILY VLOGGER has the same thing or does the same thing within a few days of each other. Dyson and Under Armor are two others I've noticed a lot lately - including Corbin and Kelsey (Dyson).
Yeah I seriously doubt Justine the "CEO" of trending scamily has that many clients, their is a reason Kelsey and Corbin are with them and the bigger vloggers are not!

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

webbygurl626 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Yeah I seriously doubt Justine the "CEO" of trending scamily has that many clients, their is a reason Kelsey and Corbin are with them and the bigger vloggers are not!
As much as Justin is a tool, I think he's actually got a TON of clients. They've tweeted about Bonnie Hoellein and posted on their blog about Ellie & Jared, Cullen & Katie and Chris Ballinger. I really don't think he's hurting for clients...in fact, I'd bet a lot of family vloggers would love to work with his company and get big brand deal$$$$.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Do these two ever take a trip that isn't a disaster??

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Nothankyou wrote:Do these two ever take a trip that isn't a disaster??

Are they too hipster for weather apps? I mean....

Although i do not blame them for noping out on the second night if there are that many bugs.. I would be heading home too, i don't do bugs well. lol Especially with a baby in there. I think they would have been better off in a tent of their own (with the bug situation, not the weather, thank good they had that wood stove)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't even know why they bother "camping" at all. They non-stop complain about it once they are out in their "beloved" nature/woods/forest. They are such fake nature lovers.

They need to stick to day trips and get a weather app. FFS, do they think the weather in Portland is going to be the same as the weather up on Mt. Hood??? I CANNOT believe they actually packed SWIMSUITS??? Lost Lake is FREEZING!!!

Personally, I think they overreacted A LOT! They never even showed a single ant in the vlog and you'd think Corbin would be all over that footage for the drama he loves so much. I wouldn't be surprised if they were lying about the "flying ants" because the resort they stayed at has a GREAT reputation, and I'm sure they would have looked into a REAL pest problem. Otherwise, they are IN NATURE! What do they expect???

Growing up, I would go to summer camp for 6-8 weeks and live in a similar structure and a similar location (the Cascade foothills) - a raccoon sneaking into a tent at night wasn't uncommon. And it gets freaking cold in the PNW at night - even in the summer. They are just inexperienced campers and wussies.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Yep they love nature and camping until Corbin sees a spider!

melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

I guess they are trying to build credibility that they are outdoorsy before Outfound Series Hood River?? Any outdoor person knows you can't swim in a lake with only a bathing suit at high elevation in Oregon in May. Who are they still trying to fool?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Why didn't they say the name of the lake if it's the "most photographed in Oregon"? Sorry for me being really ignorant about Oregon geography, but I would think that would be Crater Lake, although it didn't look like pictures I've seen of Crater Lake...

The yurt looked like kind of a POS. Dark and cramped. I don't blame them for leaving, but they should have done better research.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

They need to stop pretending they are outdoors people. I KNOW she touched on this when she said she thinks they have become "city folk", great, so let's stop pretending. What a waste of time and money. She can say they had a great time all things considered but I think that's total BS. The tension was real. They had a shitty time, because they failed to research & plan accordingly. These fail vlogs are seriously ridiculous.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:Why didn't they say the name of the lake if it's the "most photographed in Oregon"? Sorry for me being really ignorant about Oregon geography, but I would think that would be Crater Lake, although it didn't look like pictures I've seen of Crater Lake...

The yurt looked like kind of a POS. Dark and cramped. I don't blame them for leaving, but they should have done better research.
It was Lost Lake Resort. Crater Lake is in Southern Oregon.

As for the yurt, that's what yurts are. It's a basic, rustic camping experience, not the Four Seasons. It was dark inside because they probably got there late and no electricity. Do they not have flashlights or a lantern? Personally, that looked FUN to me!! But I grew up in Oregon and camped a lot. A yurt is better than tent camping and sleeping on the ground - and I think those ones rent for about $70/night.

I get the feeling they are over their "camping" adventures for awhile. Going to DBs new pool party and staying at a fancy hotel for VidCon seem more their style now!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:Why didn't they say the name of the lake if it's the "most photographed in Oregon"? Sorry for me being really ignorant about Oregon geography, but I would think that would be Crater Lake, although it didn't look like pictures I've seen of Crater Lake...

It was Lost Lake Resort. Crater Lake is in Southern Oregon.

As for the yurt, that's what yurts are. It's a basic, rustic camping experience, not the Four Seasons. It was dark inside because they probably got there late and no electricity. Do they not have flashlights or a lantern? Personally, that looked FUN to me!! But I grew up in Oregon and camped a lot. A yurt is better than tent camping and sleeping on the ground - and I think those ones rent for about $70/night.

I get the feeling they are over their "camping" adventures for awhile. Going to DBs new pool party and staying at a fancy hotel for VidCon seem more their style now!
One of my good friends has a yurt and it's wonderful! But she goes there often and has it set up nicely. These two are big fakers-- they're not outdoorsy at all. I am not either-- my idea of roughing it is slow room service these days. But I used to be. There's nothing wrong with not being outdoorsy, but don't fake it, especially with a baby.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I should clarify...they had a basic "camping" yurt at a campground area. Yes, I've seen more fancy ones that you can stay at via Airbnb and such, but this one is a standard camping yurt. Even the upscale summer camps in Oregon and Washington have sleeping arrangements MUCH like this - but without a stove, obviously. I guess that's just how I spent my summers, so it doesn't seem that awful to me.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just noticed one of the co-founders of OutFound is another YTer. He's always seemed really sketchy to me - and he's not even from Oregon. I wonder if this "fest" is going to be a fail. Even the invited speakers seem relatively boring. I did notice one of the speakers is from of one of the wealthiest families in Oregon...so it's just rich-white-people-who-like-to-go-outside fest?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”