Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Oh gross, it looks like one of their recent BabyLeague videos is "Romance After Baby." No one cares!

It looks like FamiLeague is a network that connects brands to YouTubers. I wonder how they can participate if their Network is Fullscreen? It looks like their latest video is an ad for Dockatot. They did another video for them that was an ad for Poncho Baby.
bunny88
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bunny88 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh gross, it looks like one of their recent BabyLeague videos is "Romance After Baby." No one cares!

It looks like FamiLeague is a network that connects brands to YouTubers. I wonder how they can participate if their Network is Fullscreen? It looks like their latest video is an ad for Dockatot. They did another video for them that was an ad for Poncho Baby.
Oh gross! They are one of the least romantic couples I have ever seen!!! They have such a weird dynamic!!!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote:ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
I would guess they actually make more than $5.4k per month because of their sponsorship deals. They probably make at least a few thousand a month for advertising.

With their cost of living, though, even if they are making $6-7k per month, it's not going to go THAT far, especially since they spend so much money on takeout and various products/gadgets.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
I would guess they actually make more than $5.4k per month because of their sponsorship deals. They probably make at least a few thousand a month for advertising.

With their cost of living, though, even if they are making $6-7k per month, it's not going to go THAT far, especially since they spend so much money on takeout and various products/gadgets.
My thinking is that if people with an average of 100k views a day have shared their earnings, including AdSense and sponsorships, and it's not at the top of the Social Blade estimate, why would these two be earning the tippy top of their estimate, or more, with 45k average daily views? Ellie showed a monthly budget of $50k several months ago back when their Social Blade estimate was around $100k monthly at the high end. And Ellie and Missy have revenue coming from their mom channels in addition to the daily vlogs. I'm not saying it's an exact science, but I highly doubt they're making the top of their range.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I always thought that either side of the range was pretty unlikely barring either a viral video or some kind of controversy and you were supposed to look at the median to get a more realistic range. Channels go through ups and downs based on a lot of factors and I'd bet some of them are kind of random and mostly decided by chance (there's a lot of great content on yt that just never takes off for some reason and then there's Sam and Nia with a swimming pool full of bathbombs at like 1m views, the universe is random and cruel). I also think that some people on ytmd never learned about statistics because they'll say things like 'Their subscriber count is down by 150%! They're totally bombing!!' because you'll see on social blade '-150%' but that's...not really what that means. I'd bet they probably earn somewhere in the radius of 2.5k a month and are living maybe 1k a month outside of their means. If they were making more they'd be sending more. That's the type of people they are imo.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I happened across their "outdoors with baby" vid they did for babyleague on my facebook feed. Please tell me they don't really think using a thermometer will tell them if their baby is too hot or too cold?? A thermometer indicates whether or not you have a fever...We're mammals for fuckssake, not reptiles..
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

westwuff wrote:I happened across their "outdoors with baby" vid they did for babyleague on my facebook feed. Please tell me they don't really think using a thermometer will tell them if their baby is too hot or too cold?? A thermometer indicates whether or not you have a fever...We're mammals for fuckssake, not reptiles..
I have to admit, I thought for sure you were taking something out of context here, because surely they couldn't be that idiotic to think that taking a baby's temperature will tell you if she's too hot or too cold, but....you are exactly right. Kelsey said it and then Corbin reiterated it, so that is definitely what they think. Wow.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Pency wrote:
westwuff wrote:I happened across their "outdoors with baby" vid they did for babyleague on my facebook feed. Please tell me they don't really think using a thermometer will tell them if their baby is too hot or too cold?? A thermometer indicates whether or not you have a fever...We're mammals for fuckssake, not reptiles..
I have to admit, I thought for sure you were taking something out of context here, because surely they couldn't be that idiotic to think that taking a baby's temperature will tell you if she's too hot or too cold, but....you are exactly right. Kelsey said it and then Corbin reiterated it, so that is definitely what they think. Wow.
But if a baby is overheated they will register a higher temp... i mean you hear about kids who get heat stroke or sadly pass away from heat related incidents showing up at the hospital with an internal temp of 106 or whatever, all the time. I know that sweating, redness ect are signs of a baby overheating that are much easier to spot, but i don't think that their comment is totally ignorant. A thermometer isn't going to be my first line of defense when it comes to my childs comfort but i think they do have a point.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Pency wrote:
But if a baby is overheated they will register a higher temp... i mean you hear about kids who get heat stroke or sadly pass away from heat related incidents showing up at the hospital with an internal temp of 106 or whatever, all the time. I know that sweating, redness ect are signs of a baby overheating that are much easier to spot, but i don't think that their comment is totally ignorant. A thermometer isn't going to be my first line of defense when it comes to my childs comfort but i think they do have a point.
By the time their internal temp reaches high enough to register on the thermometer they would be showing obvious signs of overheating or being too cold like u said, if they need a thermometer to tell them what should be obvious that is strange and I would think a channel called baby league would at least attempt to put out content that is correct do they even check to see what these people say in the videos before it's published?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

webbygurl626 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Pency wrote:
By the time their internal temp reaches high enough to register on the thermometer they would be showing obvious signs of overheating or being too cold like u said, if they need a thermometer to tell them what should be obvious that is strange and I would think a channel called baby league would at least attempt to put out content that is correct do they even check to see what these people say in the videos before it's published?

This is true, these two are just super clueless. It makes me wonder as well if BabyLeauge even interviews couples before they invite them to do videos for them. These two need to be WATCHING videos about baby care, not making them
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

They work with Fullscreen, BabyLeague AND Trending Family...they are probably making a lot from brand deals. I noticed they had a brand new Dock-A-Tot for the trip to Idaho. But I am curious how much they make. A YTer I don't watch often just posted about doing sponsored videos...seems like they are more common than we think and just not disclosed. Even Grace Helbig's "camping" video yesterday seemed like an ad for Stella Artois - then I noticed a lot of Stella pre-roll ads today. YT is all ads these days....

Paris is in Idaho with Kelsey's mom because they are traveling a lot this month. The event they are at this weekend doesn't allow dogs and then I think they are headed to DBs for a visit (NEW SUBS!) and VidCon (as DBs guests). They certainly couldn't take Paris on that trip. Paris is also a really old dog...I wouldn't be shocked if Paris doesn't come back. :(
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

This couple is so boring but I have to give them props for seeming to be the only Youtubers who can actually go tent camping instead of in a huge ass RV.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

CallieT wrote:This couple is so boring but I have to give them props for seeming to be the only Youtubers who can actually go tent camping instead of in a huge ass RV.
They can't tent camp though. Did you miss the Yute trip?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote: Paris is in Idaho with Kelsey's mom because they are traveling a lot this month. The event they are at this weekend doesn't allow dogs and then I think they are headed to DBs for a visit (NEW SUBS!) and VidCon (as DBs guests). They certainly couldn't take Paris on that trip. Paris is also a really old dog...I wouldn't be shocked if Paris doesn't come back. :(
Do you mean you think Kelsey's mom will keep him because he's too old and sickly or just that Kelsey and Corbin will give up on him when they realize how freeing it is to not have a pet? They seem to really miss him. I think he's only 10 or 11 years old, which for a small breed is not that old. He could easily live at least two more years and seems to be in okay health. It is unfortunate that Kelsey and Corbin seem to be turning into the DBs, who travel so much that they barely see their own dogs. I don't understand why they don't just move to Southern California themselves. They could connect with other YTers in the LA area, but if they lived outside of LA their cost of living might be even lower than Portland.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I've noticed that Kelsey almost exclusively refers to Jupiter as June in her social media postings, while Corbin usually calls her Juniper. I think Corbin picked the name and Kelsey wasn't really a fan, but went along with it. Her conciliation prize was the fact that she liked the nickname. If you're going to choose a unique first name, it's because you really like it and want to use it, but Kelsey doesn't seem to be in love with the name. I think this is another example of Corbin getting the final say and Kelsey following along with whatever he wants.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Paris is in Idaho with Kelsey's mom because they are traveling a lot this month. The event they are at this weekend doesn't allow dogs and then I think they are headed to DBs for a visit (NEW SUBS!) and VidCon (as DBs guests). They certainly couldn't take Paris on that trip. Paris is also a really old dog...I wouldn't be shocked if Paris doesn't come back. :(
Do you mean you think Kelsey's mom will keep him because he's too old and sickly or just that Kelsey and Corbin will give up on him when they realize how freeing it is to not have a pet? They seem to really miss him. I think he's only 10 or 11 years old, which for a small breed is not that old. He could easily live at least two more years and seems to be in okay health. It is unfortunate that Kelsey and Corbin seem to be turning into the DBs, who travel so much that they barely see their own dogs. I don't understand why they don't just move to Southern California themselves. They could connect with other YTers in the LA area, but if they lived outside of LA their cost of living might be even lower than Portland.
I get the feeling Paris is a burden on their "new" lifestyle. How can they be expected to have a baby AND a dog??? :roll: :roll: :roll: They really should have picked a place with a yard. Apartments like that with dogs are NO fun - and they are seriously LAZY.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Playsinrain wrote:
Pency wrote:
Not if they are just slightly overheated. I would certainly hope if she were so cold or warm that her health was in jeopardy, they would take medical action! The way they said it was like "the thermometer will tell us if she's too warm or too cold" - no it won't. It's not a big deal, it's just ridiculous to think that a thermometer reading would be your first sign that a child is nearing heat stroke.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote: The event they are at this weekend doesn't allow dogs and then I think they are headed to DBs for a visit (NEW SUBS!) and VidCon (as DBs guests). They certainly couldn't take Paris on that trip. Paris is also a really old dog...I wouldn't be shocked if Paris doesn't come back. :(
I bet they're going to be so insufferable and act like they're at VidCon on their own merit because eeeeeveryone wants to see them, rather than guests of actually successful youtubers. I also 100% think Corbin is going to go to like 1 panel and come out thinking he's Casey Neistat and SUCH a CREATOR (honestly I think even at the top end of yt calling yourself a creator is straight up deluded. yeah your cinematography is very nice but what you're 'creating' is probably just glorified home movies and lame skits).
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

What is up with all of these infections. Thrush, the neck roll yeast infection and now the eyes. I know all can be common in young babies and one isolated would not be concerning, but all three in just three months if life seems excessive. Makes me wonder if there's a lacking of cleanliness somewhere hat making these infections linger.

Remember when Kelsey was crying about the Group B Strep test and being concerned about getting antibiotics during labor. Now this poor baby has already had three different infections and likely some antibiotics.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothankyou wrote:What is up with all of these infections. Thrush, the neck roll yeast infection and now the eyes. I know all can be common in young babies and one isolated would not be concerning, but all three in just three months if life seems excessive. Makes me wonder if there's a lacking of cleanliness somewhere hat making these infections linger.

Remember when Kelsey was crying about the Group B Strep test and being concerned about getting antibiotics during labor. Now this poor baby has already had three different infections and likely some antibiotics.
I was wondering about that too! She's barely three months and already had the three infections and her tongue-tie issues/surgery (of course, they can't control that). Poor kid! I do think part of it is their fault for wanting to be too "organic" and ignoring possible issues until it's too late. Also, why the EFF are they going camping out in the COLD all the time? They are sleeping outside at this festival and it's 50 degrees and rainy!! Who takes an infant with an eye infection to a place like that???

A lot of the stuff they do really makes me think they didn't plan on this kid at all (or had her for views). From their tiny apartment, going carless for a LOOOONG time, all these trips/travel plans, drinking A LOT and dining at kid-unfriendly establishments - they don't want to be parents! They want to be 20-somethings who are hip and cool...but now they have a baby. :( :(

Wow, their views have REALLY dropped! Good thing they are going to DBs soon!

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”