Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:Maybe they were just tired, but Corbin and Kelsey sort of seemed hungover in today's road trip vlog.

And, LOL, they don't have any other friends other than DBs, where else would they be going!!?? Are they ditching June with Missy's parents? They can't be taking her to VidCon, especially without vaccines! Even the hotels are nasty!!
I REALLY hope they don't take her to VidCon, not only because of the vaccine issue but because it's so exploitative. There is absolutely nothing positive that June can get out of going to VidCon, but of course having her there will bring more attention to Kelsey and Corbin. I guess if they have a child minder watch her in the green room, it won't be as bad, but June will still have a bunch of strangers around her, a lot of them probably trying to interact with her, and it will probably be very overwhelming.

If June hates being in the car that much, I hope they cancel any future vacation plans they have for this summer, and have just Corbin drive to Idaho to pick up Paris.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Ugh, I just can't with these two right now
Thank goodness for their "friends"in the comments to keep them going.. it just bring exposure to their own channel

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

This entire trip is for Kelsey and Corbin to make money. Sigh...YT is just so darn awful these days. I really don't think June is going to VidCon, that's just crazy!
helianthus

Unread post by helianthus »

Can I just point out that it is basically child abuse to force a 3 month old baby into a car seat for 8 hours straight!?!? Babies are more than a digestive system, they need to be held and they need to be loved. Yes Kelsey tried "everything" to soothe her except stop, realize they are being selfish and not taking Juniper's needs into consideration and STOP the damn car and be parents. My son is also 3 months old and I can't imagine ignoring his cries for so long. Babies don't cry for no reason (although some reasons may be hard to understand as adults). Most of the stuff that everyone here complains about I don't agree with, or deem irrelevant but this is a serious issue. These two are traumatizing their child. I hope they learn from this first day and tune into their daughter's needs better. May not be the trip they dreamt of but things change when you have a kid. When I found out I was pregnant I was 19, living in a tent in an orchard pickin pesticide cherries, smoking cigarettes and eating out of cans. Things have changed dramatically and sure I miss that nomad life sometimes but I HAVE A CHILD. Kelsey and Corbin need a reality check. I really hope they figure it out for the sake of this little girl.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Spray tans? Seriously??! I guess they will have to compete with Missy and Bryan who spent all day swimming and lounging by the pool (and probably get spray tans too). I doubt they would have done that a year ago, but I guess it's all part of their YT "glow up"! LOL
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

ewokfan11 wrote:Spray tans? Seriously??! I guess they will have to compete with Missy and Bryan who spent all day swimming and lounging by the pool (and probably get spray tans too). I doubt they would have done that a year ago, but I guess it's all part of their YT "glow up"! LOL
Since when do hipsters get spray tans Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Yeah they are so outdoorsy and they "love nature"

But they cant lay in the sun to get a real tan?

I know they live in Portland, but it's June... surely there are some sunny days, now?

And about that. If you love the outdoors so much, why would you live in a place that is so cloudy and rainy. I dont get it. (I live in Texas. It has been mostly warm and sunny since the beginning of February)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bunny88 wrote:Yeah they are so outdoorsy and they "love nature"

I know they live in Portland, but it's June... surely there are some sunny days, now?

And about that. If you love the outdoors so much, why would you live in a place that is so cloudy and rainy. I dont get it. (I live in Texas. It has been mostly warm and sunny since the beginning of February)
Unfortunately, Portland weather sucks about 80% of the year. I really don't remember "laying out" in the sun that often - and I spent most of my life there. June is a transition month and it definitely rains and doesn't get really warm. Most people in PDX don't even have A/C because it rarely gets actually hot! Portland's crappy weather is the main reason I moved away!

Growing up there, you really just have to learn to deal with rain, mud, gloom, wet clothes/shoes, playing sports on sopping wet fields, muddy pets, no sun for weeks, etc. The trade off is that there are about 2 months in the summer when it's really nice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I moved to SWFL and don't miss Portland weather AT ALL! I don't get the feeling they are completely sold on PDX weather either - especially Kelsey. She didn't even live in Portland a full year before they went on their road trip. You could really tell she hated being out in the elements without a car over the winter. Southern Oregon, where she went to college, has MUCH better weather than Portland.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think what I find funny is the fact that they're trying to say this spray tan was a "prank" or a "prank fail" that they did on themselves? That doesn't even make sense. They clearly wanted the tan and are now panicking because it looks fake and orange. I would never try something like that for the first time right before a wedding and a work conference. This seems to be a place that Corbin's family member frequents, but as a pale girl I wouldn't take spray tanning advice from someone who is already naturally darker than me. Fake tans on pale people are tricky and have to be very lightly applied. I don't think this tan is going to look natural on them any time soon.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
bunny88 wrote:Yeah they are so outdoorsy and they "love nature"

Unfortunately, Portland weather sucks about 80% of the year. I really don't remember "laying out" in the sun that often - and I spent most of my life there. June is a transition month and it definitely rains and doesn't get really warm. Most people in PDX don't even have A/C because it rarely gets actually hot! Portland's crappy weather is the main reason I moved away!

Growing up there, you really just have to learn to deal with rain, mud, gloom, wet clothes/shoes, playing sports on sopping wet fields, muddy pets, no sun for weeks, etc. The trade off is that there are about 2 months in the summer when it's really nice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I moved to SWFL and don't miss Portland weather AT ALL! I don't get the feeling they are completely sold on PDX weather either - especially Kelsey. She didn't even live in Portland a full year before they went on their road trip. You could really tell she hated being out in the elements without a car over the winter. Southern Oregon, where she went to college, has MUCH better weather than Portland.
Thank you for the information! That wad really interesting. I had no idea that it was rainy and cloudy that much! Portland sounds more like a nice place to visit during the lovely summer months than to live all year around (unless you love the rain)

I love having the occassional rainy day, but I love going swimming and laying out in the summer. Maybe they would be less annoying and mopey if they got more Vitamin D. I've heard that seasonal depression thing can be really bad up north.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

One of my best friends, who was raised im Northern California (in one of the inland valleys of the Bay Area where it gets nice and warm), and had a pool growing up, is living in Portland now. She has a sunlamp, and it's made a huge difference in her life. Maybe they would benefit from that if they're determined to be hipster Portland residents. My friend at least has a community of friends, so it's not like these two, who just seemed to decide to move there because it was cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

So the parading around of June has already started with their fifth grade classroom visit. I can just tell they're about to become the type of people who think they're A-list celebrities.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

helianthus wrote:Can I just point out that it is basically child abuse to force a 3 month old baby into a car seat for 8 hours straight!?!? Babies are more than a digestive system, they need to be held and they need to be loved. Yes Kelsey tried "everything" to soothe her except stop, realize they are being selfish and not taking Juniper's needs into consideration and STOP the damn car and be parents. My son is also 3 months old and I can't imagine ignoring his cries for so long. Babies don't cry for no reason (although some reasons may be hard to understand as adults). Most of the stuff that everyone here complains about I don't agree with, or deem irrelevant but this is a serious issue. These two are traumatizing their child. I hope they learn from this first day and tune into their daughter's needs better. May not be the trip they dreamt of but things change when you have a kid. When I found out I was pregnant I was 19, living in a tent in an orchard pickin pesticide cherries, smoking cigarettes and eating out of cans. Things have changed dramatically and sure I miss that nomad life sometimes but I HAVE A CHILD. Kelsey and Corbin need a reality check. I really hope they figure it out for the sake of this little girl.
Ok I think you have a point but 'most things I deem irrelevant BUT LEAVING YOUR KID IN A CAR SEAT IS TRAUMATIZING CHILD ABUSE!!!!' is hilarious lmao. They're not traumatizing her at this age because it's not really possible for newborns to sustain emotional trauma. And it's not always possible (or necessary) to immediately rush to an infant's side every time they cry. That said, I agree if she's screaming and doing it for a long time then pull over and step outside to walk her around for a 10 minutes in the fresh air. It's kind of a safety issue to be driving with a loudly crying baby anyway, because it's super distracting and stressful. 8 hours is WAY too long for any child to be in a car seat (that's the part I'd consider abusive - for newborns the limit of sleeping uninterrupted in car seats is supposed to be around 2 hours) and she's getting very little stimulation like that. Why drive an insane distance with a miserable baby to unsuitable places she won't even remember? Can't they just admit that this trip, like everything they do, is really about themselves and just be done with it?
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, but June's a little adventurer! She's a gypsy soul! She looooves these trips! Just like she loved meeting the Easter Bunny and camping.

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

So a fifth grade class watches their vlogs during class seriously that teacher should be reported, what on earth are they going to learn from dumb and dumber! If my kids told me they were watching two adults daily lives in class I would be pissed I hope that teacher explained Corbin's disgusting sexual innuendos! I love the OG hipsters comment he really thinks he is hot stuff doesn't he, now I understand why they get along with DB they have matching egos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

lmmomSD wrote:Oh, but June's a little adventurer! She's a gypsy soul! She looooves these trips! Just like she loved meeting the Easter Bunny and camping.

Damn you're right how could I forget about when she ran to sit on the Easter bunny's lap and then led the egg hunt? Or when she pitched the tent herself and then looked for sticks to start the campfire with? Not to mention when she begged to go on the ferris wheel! All amazing memories of her reacting to things and definitely not Just Being A Baby thankfully caught on camera. Precious memories :D :D :D .
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really hope they are leaving June with Mini and Papa or Corbin's relatives when they are at VidCon with DBs. The GERMS at those conferences make adults sick! I was sort of surprised they took June to the wedding when it seemed like, again, Corbin's relatives could have watched her. It is getting a bit ridiculous how they drag her wherever THEY want to go - and it's really to make content.

And, holy crap, what teacher shows ANY vlogs in a classroom setting???!! But I did notice the kids didn't seem to have a CLUE who C&K were. Again, do it for the vlogs!

P.S. ImmonSD, yes, A LOT of people I know rely on sunlamps to get through the gloom of fall/winter/spring in Portland! Seasonal Affective Disorder in the PNW is pretty common.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:I really hope they are leaving June with Mini and Papa or Corbin's relatives when they are at VidCon with DBs. The GERMS at those conferences make adults sick! I was sort of surprised they took June to the wedding when it seemed like, again, Corbin's relatives could have watched her. It is getting a bit ridiculous how they drag her wherever THEY want to go - and it's really to make content.

And, holy crap, what teacher shows ANY vlogs in a classroom setting???!! But I did notice the kids didn't seem to have a CLUE who C&K were. Again, do it for the vlogs!

P.S. ImmonSD, yes, A LOT of people I know rely on sunlamps to get through the gloom of fall/winter/spring in Portland! Seasonal Affective Disorder in the PNW is pretty common.
I lived on Whidbey Island, which is in the rain shadow of the Cascades, so it only gets half the rain of Seattle (still a lot) I was fine, but I had friends who had to have sun lamps. They ought to check it out.

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Every time Kelsey & Corbin go on about June being a daddy's girl, all I can think of is that video of him crying and whining that June was spending too much time
with Kelsey and how he couldn't calm her.

It feels so forced.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
I would guess they actually make more than $5.4k per month because of their sponsorship deals. They probably make at least a few thousand a month for advertising.

With their cost of living, though, even if they are making $6-7k per month, it's not going to go THAT far, especially since they spend so much money on takeout and various products/gadgets.
My thinking is that if people with an average of 100k views a day have shared their earnings, including AdSense and sponsorships, and it's not at the top of the Social Blade estimate, why would these two be earning the tippy top of their estimate, or more, with 45k average daily views? Ellie showed a monthly budget of $50k several months ago back when their Social Blade estimate was around $100k monthly at the high end. And Ellie and Missy have revenue coming from their mom channels in addition to the daily vlogs. I'm not saying it's an exact science, but I highly doubt they're making the top of their range.
The Social Blade estimate was lower than their real budget of $59k, I believe SB was something like $50k.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”