Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

whys0seri0us wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
Ellie will struggle the most for sure. Jared worked as a sales rep for Verizon for what I assume was pretty minimum wage, there is no way they could afford the ice palace and Ellie's new lifestyle and spending skills if Jared has to go back to work as a sales rep.
Ruby's husband is a professor, he has a good job and Ruby is still really fugal (not as much as before but still quite fugal) and I imagine they have quite a lot saved up. They'd be fine.
Bonnie would be fine. I would assume they have paid their house off, they live a relatively modest lifestyle (minus the month in Hawaii) and Joel is a really hard worker and a jack of all trades so I doubt he would have a hard time finding another job.

I don't understand why Jared hasn't taken this time that he has been working full time for YouTube to expand his education and make career options for himself outside of YouTube. He could of done a marketing degree or something to give himself a back up plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't understand how he went to university and ended up just working for Verizon anyway.
College doesn't guarantee a job. Lol

First.... can you not with the dismissive "lol" in every one of your posts Image

Second... I realize a degree doesn't equal a job, but did Jared even finish his degree? He got married super young, and knew he had a wife to support. Was the original plan to just work at Verizon for the rest of his life? I don't see how he ever planned to support the large family he wanted.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I don't understand how he went to university and ended up just working for Verizon anyway.

First.... can you not with the dismissive "lol" in every one of your posts Image

Second... I realize a degree doesn't equal a job, but did Jared even finish his degree? He got married super young, and knew he had a wife to support. Was the original plan to just work at Verizon for the rest of his life? I don't see how he ever planned to support the large family he wanted.
It wasn't meant to be dismissive? lol it's just how I type.

I have no idea about Jared's college education. I was simply stating that going to college, even graduating college with a degree, doesn't guarantee a job in that field.

You are probably on the right track though. Ellie wanted babies right away and he needed to work to support them. Idk about where they live but here in NJ you could totally support a small family working at a place like Verizon.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

whys0seri0us wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
Ellie will struggle the most for sure. Jared worked as a sales rep for Verizon for what I assume was pretty minimum wage, there is no way they could afford the ice palace and Ellie's new lifestyle and spending skills if Jared has to go back to work as a sales rep.
Ruby's husband is a professor, he has a good job and Ruby is still really fugal (not as much as before but still quite fugal) and I imagine they have quite a lot saved up. They'd be fine.
Bonnie would be fine. I would assume they have paid their house off, they live a relatively modest lifestyle (minus the month in Hawaii) and Joel is a really hard worker and a jack of all trades so I doubt he would have a hard time finding another job.

I don't understand why Jared hasn't taken this time that he has been working full time for YouTube to expand his education and make career options for himself outside of YouTube. He could of done a marketing degree or something to give himself a back up plan.

I don't understand how he went to university and ended up just working for Verizon anyway.

Plus, he went a pre-physical therapy route, then (apparently) didn't get into PT school. Not that being a physical therapist could necessarily support Ellie in the style to which she has become accustomed, but it's not as bad as a Verizon rep. I had a friend who had his own PT business in Laguna Niguel (very posh area of coastal Orange County) and he does very well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

whys0seri0us wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Call me crazy but I think Ellie's IG caption to/about Julie was actually one of the most real/relatable and...dare I say... sweet (?) things I've seen/heard from her in a while.

Also...I'll never get over how weird it is that the griffiths girls (and Ruby's) had to share beds growing up. I know some of you on here feel that it's normal, so please don't take offense, but if the money is there (which it was)... I really struggle to see any logic behind it.
I don't understand it either. I live in New Jersey and it's actually against the law. Children of the same sex can share a room but each child has to have their own sleeping space (bed).

I don't think there's really any excuse for your kids having to share a bed. It's weird.

I mean obviously I'm not for it, but you do realize that some people live in poverty and can't afford buying so many beds? They lived in a trailer park until Julie was born, right, so maybe they didn't have space? In my opinion the solution should have been for their parents to stop having so many children, but I wouldn't say there's NO situation where siblings don't have to share beds. There shouldn't be, but it happens.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

CallieT wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Call me crazy but I think Ellie's IG caption to/about Julie was actually one of the most real/relatable and...dare I say... sweet (?) things I've seen/heard from her in a while.

Also...I'll never get over how weird it is that the griffiths girls (and Ruby's) had to share beds growing up. I know some of you on here feel that it's normal, so please don't take offense, but if the money is there (which it was)... I really struggle to see any logic behind it.
I don't understand it either. I live in New Jersey and it's actually against the law. Children of the same sex can share a room but each child has to have their own sleeping space (bed).

I don't think there's really any excuse for your kids having to share a bed. It's weird.

I mean obviously I'm not for it, but you do realize that some people live in poverty and can't afford buying so many beds? They lived in a trailer park until Julie was born, right, so maybe they didn't have space? In my opinion the solution should have been for their parents to stop having so many children, but I wouldn't say there's NO situation where siblings don't have to share beds. There shouldn't be, but it happens.
That's what I mean though. There's no excuse. Stop having kids if you can't afford to give them the very basics like their own mattress.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

CallieT wrote:
Trying to avoid the long quote tree and I know your reply wasn't directed at me buuuut I just wanted to add: Ellie and Julie grew up sharing a bed in the custom home that Jennifer and Chad built. Ruby made her Julie and Abby grow up sharing a bed, even though they had space for a bunk bed and didn't even get them one once they were more than financially capable until they were urged to do so by viewers. It's theeeeese instances that I was trying to highlight as weird af. Image
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Trying to avoid the long quote tree and I know your reply wasn't directed at me buuuut I just wanted to add: Ellie and Julie grew up sharing a bed in the custom home that Jennifer and Chad built. Ruby made her Julie and Abby grow up sharing a bed, even though they had space for a bunk bed and didn't even get them one once they were more than financially capable until they were urged to do so by viewers. It's theeeeese instances that I was trying to highlight as weird af. Image
Exactly! It's one thing to just work with what you have, but completely another to plan on a setup like that.

To use a real example.... Bonnie's boys have to share a room in the basement because there isn't enough room upstairs. This is completely fine, and it's no big deal for a child to sleep on a different floor from their parent (in my opinion), BUT... I do totally side eye Ellie for building a custom home and intentionally planning on the boys sharing a room, and Jackson starting off in the basement. What is the point of building a custom home if it isn't going to work to everyone's benefit? E&an spared no expense on the things they wanted, but minimal thought went into the boys' long-term needs.

I would rather a child have a small bedroom, than share a larger room with a sibling. Kids deserve privacy if they can have it.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Pency wrote:
winniewise wrote:I guess Ellie forgot about her expensive Yeti cooler bag when she was raving about how amazing Julie's bag is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
RIGHT?? That bag Julie has is like a $3 insulated bag from the grocery store and isn't much smaller than the $400 Yeti bag that she NEEDED for a car trip. She's an idiot.

I also loved her snapping at Jared during the ring/string thing. I love it when the real Ellie shines through the vlog persona.
Someone should also explain to her about food safety. Allowing their food to get warm in a regular bag isn't safe. No wonder they always getting stomach bugs....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

This probs should of gone on Julie's thread.. but I noticed in E&J's vlog the lighting is so bad. I've been rolling my eyes at youtubers choosing new homes based solely on the lighting the home provides, but suddenly I don't find it so ridiculous. I couldn't watch a vlogger with that lighting all day now I'm use to perfect quality light. Could be a factor in why Deru Crew/Julie's channel, can't climb in subscribers... yep, that's basically all I took from E&J's vlog today. So boring, I welcome a hair cut just for the lol's.

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Double post . The lighting in Julie's house, that is.

jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... de170d.jpg[/img]

I'm so confused by this rant ImageImage let's be real Calvin was probably whining the entire flight, even though Jackson was probably quite calm. It doesn't even make sense

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

jess595 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... de170d.jpg[/img]

I'm so confused by this rant ImageImage let's be real Calvin was probably whining the entire flight, even though Jackson was probably quite calm. It doesn't even make sense

Wow. When you're a narcissist you assume everyone is always thinking about you as much as you are. Why would she assume someone gave them a crappy look because of the kids if the kids were not acting up?

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

winniewise wrote:
jess595 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... de170d.jpg[/img]

Wow. When you're a narcissist you assume everyone is always thinking about you as much as you are. Why would she assume someone gave them a crappy look because of the kids if the kids were not acting up?

Knowing how her and her husband like to act in public most of the time, the dirty look was probably for one of them Image

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here. During the "never have I ever" game Jared asks if you've ever lost a kid in the store and Ellie said "uh yeah if you've ever had a three year old you have!". I couldn't believe it! Julie looked at Landon and said "we have never!".
I have a three year old and she knows she is supposed to hold on to the cart or my hand when we're at the store. I lost sight of her for a few minutes at a park once and I was so freaked out! I cannot imagine her wandering so far away from me in the store I would feel the need to get management involved.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

winniewise wrote:I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here. During the "never have I ever" game Jared asks if you've ever lost a kid in the store and Ellie said "uh yeah if you've ever had a three year old you have!". I couldn't believe it! Julie looked at Landon and said "we have never!".
I have a three year old and she knows she is supposed to hold on to the cart or my hand when we're at the store. I lost sight of her for a few minutes at a park once and I was so freaked out! I cannot imagine her wandering so far away from me in the store I would feel the need to get management involved.

I have an almost 3 year old and he is crazy and doesn't listen to me. He does as he wants (it's a huge issue for me, not sure what to do as a parent) but even then I haven't lost him in a store because I know that he is like this and I have to keep an eagle eye on him at all times. Also I set ground rules before we go in. If you don't listen you go in the cart. Normally he ends up in the cart.

The look was probably how she was talking to her kids or how her and Jared were acting and possibly the camera.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

I'm guessing Ellie was yelling at the camera and the look was for her. Also, her tweets hurt my brain

I would never, ever eat food Ellie made. Bad hygiene plus the fact that she doesn't care about food safety, no wonder she's always pooping her pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

jess595 wrote:

Hey Ellie? Instead of working on your handwriting, why don't you go to Sams or Costco and pick up one of those middle grades Language Arts practice books and start working on that.. I can't understand what point she's even trying to make here!!!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

I don't know why Ellie gets so indignant when she feels other mothers are judging her..... she does the same thing! Remember when she said she thought it was mean and unnecessary for parents to drag their kids out of stores when they are crying? (Or something like that). I guess she's just so perfect that people shouldn't dare side-eye what she's doing
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

The crappy look was probably for you and your obnoxious husband Ellie. Not everyone likes your act or having a camera recording around them all the time. Who knows what happen. Ellie makes my brain hurt too.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I rolled my eyes when I saw that Twitter rant yesterday. Besides the completely awkward wording (girlfriend can't even compose a 140 character tweet sheesh), I'm PRETTY sure you were probably getting a weird look because you and your husband are constantly talking into a camera and most likely not keeping a close eye on your children. I'm pretty sure most people realize that toddlers aren't completely silent saints 100% of the time.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”