The Dale Tribe

kgiff77
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

The Dale Tribe

Unread post by kgiff77 »

Does anyone watch them? They're a small youtube family with 4 kids. Their youngest daughter is a type 1 diabetic. Just wanted to hear anyone's opinion on them if they watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tmmnmd
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Dale Tribe

Unread post by tmmnmd »

Yes, I watch them. They are so lovable and Aspen is so cute. Amy (the mommy) started this channel as a basic family vlogging channel and on their way they found out Aspen has type 1 diabetes. Since then they're vlogging about their life & living with a diabetic kid. Very easy to watch and they have a pretty big fan base world wide. They are awesome and pure and don't have the feeling the parents are hungry for attention..
ruby14
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ruby14 »

I watch them sometimes and I love them. I started watching because I'm also type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed a couple months before Aspen.
Robolt
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Robolt »

I started watching them a few days ago and I can't stop' I find myself watching their old videos all the time! They seem like the sweetest family, I like how their vlogs are just casual day to day life.. nothing crazy just "for the vlog", they seem like really nice people.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I found them a few months ago and love them. I don't watch them as much as I do my favorite vloggers, but they seem like really genuine people. I went back and watched some older videos and it's so inspiring to see how much healthier Aspen seems now. I think they've all done a great job managing her diabetes. She's a strong kid too, I can't imagine getting diagnosed at that age. She's a champ.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I like them, but both parents get to yammering. I's be in the kitchen while my daughter is watching, and one of them will start talking. I will finish whatever I'm doing, and they will still be talking! And almost every vlog title is something horrible with the daughter's diabetes. She is a cute kid, and is obviously dealing better with it than I would. But it seems sometimes like her parents are using for views.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I like them, but both parents get to yammering. I's be in the kitchen while my daughter is watching, and one of them will start talking. I will finish whatever I'm doing, and they will still be talking! And almost every vlog title is something horrible with the daughter's diabetes. She is a cute kid, and is obviously dealing better with it than I would. But it seems sometimes like her parents are using for views.

Couldn't agree more. Especially the mom. I usually skip it when they're filming themselves going on and on and on.
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

I quite like them (I also skip over some of the parents talking when they won't stop talking) - I like to see the diabetes vlogs, it's very informative

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kaymaroff wrote:I quite like them (I also skip over some of the parents talking when they won't stop talking) - I like to see the diabetes vlogs, it's very informative

I think it's good that they're showing that you can have a normal childhood with diabetes, but the "Low Blood Sugar at Disneyland!" type vlog titles, I find to be exploitive. It's great to educate people. I certainly don't mind them talking about it, or showing how she deals with it. It's much better than SlyFox's Andrew and his horrible diet, and late night runs to the pharmacy because he's in danger of running out of insulin. But they have used it several times as clickbait-- and by that I don't mean that what they talk about doesn't happen, but hyping the drama of a child's blood sugar swings for vlog views isn't right.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I totally agree that they are using Aspen's diabetes for clickbait which is unfortunate. Let's face it. They are an affluent family. Jon is a successful entrepreneur who provided an affluent life for his family long before youtube. They don't need to do clickbait. They don't need to do sponsored videos to get free stuff. And much of the free stuff they get (like today's video- a mattress) is unaffordable to middle and low income people. I wish they would stop that; if a company approaches them, I wish they would encourage the company to donate to a charity instead. After all Jon makes a big deal of their Christianity!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Ugh! Another click-bait title concerning Aspen's diabetes and a promo for Embassy Suites today! Disgusting! Most people cannot afford the Embassy Suites in downtown Denver for 1 night and the Dale tribe gets it for free for several nights when they live in a swanky house in a wealthy suburb of Colorado Springs. Such greed! I watched the first 30 seconds and turned it off immediately when I realized what Jon was doing.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

And again! Another click-bait title related to their daughter's diabetes! (Middle of the Night Pump change at Hotel!!!) With three exclamation points. Have these people no shame? And now they are selling awful tee-shirts. I refuse to click on any of their click-bait diabetes titles anymore. If I want to know more about life and T1 diabetes, I'll go to "Diabetic Danica" or "Dreamflight6000".
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think their daughter is doing an amazing job dealing with it, but the way they use her diabetes for views is just disgusting.
And personally, I think the vlogs where they show her living a normal life, like when she went to Six Flags with her dad, do much more for showing how she is
doing, and living a normal life with diabetes.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

^^^^^Yeah, I really liked Jon's time with Aspen at 6 Flags. And, if you are into ComicCon, you probably would enjoy Amy's segment about that. No damn promotions! But, then, what they do?!
Another click-bait title! (Insulin Pump Fail!!! A day in the Life of a Type 1 Diabetic!) Half the video is them promoting bed linens sold by Target. Briefly they show Aspen changing her pump; it's not a crisis; most "pumpers" can handle a insulin pump fail with ease and so can Aspen. And then the other half is Amy droning on and on about nothing particularly interesting. So not only do they have a click-bait title, the title is not even accurate! The video is not about a day in the life of a T1 diabetic at all. It's about pillows from Target!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

A summary of the Dale tribe's latest video "Epic Indoor water Slide!!!". Note the three exclamation points!!!: It is I, Jon Dale and my daughter Aspen's fondest wish has been to visit a new indoor water park and resort that just opened up in Colorado Springs. So rather than treat my daughter and her friends to a night at the hotel and the water park and pay for them MYSELF, I, Jon Dale, a man who owns a 5 bedroom house worth half a million dollars and a garage full of dirt bikes, "reached out" to the resort and "partnered" with them. In exchange for promoting this resort on my lame video, I got the hotel and water park for free! Ain't youtube great! (And then I stopped watching after a minute because it was another lame promotional video.)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did you see the one where the two younger kids spent 24 hours in the fort? They kept going on and on about how it was the biggest indoor fort ever. But the kids stayed in their little areas, glued to their screens for the whole 24 hours. What was the point of having a huge fort, if they each stayed in one spot? Dale kept saying "look! It's three floors!" So what? The kids didn't move more than two feet in either direction. Whatever.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:Did you see the one where the two younger kids spent 24 hours in the fort? They kept going on and on about how it was the biggest indoor fort ever. But the kids stayed in their little areas, glued to their screens for the whole 24 hours. What was the point of having a huge fort, if they each stayed in one spot? Dale kept saying "look! It's three floors!" So what? The kids didn't move more than two feet in either direction. Whatever.

That was totally bizarre. I mean my kids built forts with blankets and furniture but they crawled in and out of them, played hide-and-seek, pretended they were guarding a castle... They didn't just sit there, act like slugs and watch dvds. Weird!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So in "Epic Trampoline Tricks" Amy Dale shows us again why she is mom of the year. She doesn't like to do crafts with her kids so she sends them off to a friend's house to do crafts while she goes to the gym (leaving Eli and a friend alone in the house). She doesn't like to shop for food or cook meals for her family either. In the video she claims she doesn't like to eat meat and so decides to cook a "Fresh Express" vegetarian meal for HERSELF and orders pizza for the kids. She concludes this lame video by attacking the movie "Wizard of OZ", a film which is #6 on the American Film Institute's Top 100 films. She says the movie doesn't match the book. But, that's ok because she just loves Spiderman 3! (Anyway, Eli, Shae and Aspen did some neat tricks on the trampoline.)

The next day in "Rental Car Fail! Amy attempts to be a good mom and take the kids hiking. They live in the beautiful mountains of Colorado but she never takes them hiking because she hates hiking. But today will be different. Oh no! It's raining - they can't go. What to do? "I know ", says meat-hating Amy." I will take the children for burgers at the local bakery". So off the Dale tribe goes for more junk food and Amy manages to choke down a burger). But dinner time will be different surely....or will it? There's Amy droning in front of the camera while poor Aspen and her friend "fix" dinner consisting of chips, popcorn and soda. Way to go, Amy!!! (3 exclamation points)
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Amy..Amy..Amy...tsk! tsk! Poor Aspen takes a tumble from her scooter and gets a bad gash on her knee. You wash it off (all the while saying incredibly stupid things) and one knee has a deep cut. What do you do? Instead of taking Aspen to her pediatrician or to a walk-in clinic where a nurse can thoroughly clean it and see if it needs stitches, you facetime with Jon in England!!! His old fart of a father (also in England), who hasn't practiced medicine in thirty years, squints at the Aspen's knee through facetime and pronounces it ok. In addition Apen's blood sugar shoots up to over 500! WTF!!! You live in a house worth half a million dollars. Your husband and daughter are off on an expensive two-week trip to England and you won't bother to take your injured type 1 diabetic daughter to a doctor. Why?! because you're poor??! Or because you don't want to be bothered! Big fat F for parenting Amy! (By the way, you leave the kids alone far too often to "workout" and I shudder to think what would have happened to Aspen if you had not been there.)

So how are we doing on the nutrition front? Good news-poor Aspen had to fix herself and her friend breakfast but she prepared fresh strawberries. (Good for you, Aspen!) Bad news-Hey, kids it's takeout pizza for dinner again because Mom can't be bothered to cook!
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

olemama wrote:Amy..Amy..Amy...tsk! tsk! Poor Aspen takes a tumble from her scooter and gets a bad gash on her knee. You wash it off (all the while saying incredibly stupid things) and one knee has a deep cut. What do you do? Instead of taking Aspen to her pediatrician or to a walk-in clinic where a nurse can thoroughly clean it and see if it needs stitches, you facetime with Jon in England!!! His old fart of a father (also in England), who hasn't practiced medicine in thirty years, squints at the Aspen's knee through facetime and pronounces it ok. In addition Apen's blood sugar shoots up to over 500! WTF!!! You live in a house worth half a million dollars. Your husband and daughter are off on an expensive two-week trip to England and you won't bother to take your injured type 1 diabetic daughter to a doctor. Why?! because you're poor??! Or because you don't want to be bothered! Big fat F for parenting Amy! (By the way, you leave the kids alone far too often to "workout" and I shudder to think what would have happened to Aspen if you had not been there.)

So how are we doing on the nutrition front? Good news-poor Aspen had to fix herself and her friend breakfast but she prepared fresh strawberries. (Good for you, Aspen!) Bad news-Hey, kids it's takeout pizza for dinner again because Mom can't be bothered to cook!
Hahahaha. I don't really watch them anymore but you have got to keep doing these summaries. Hilarious.

Return to “A-H”