Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Probably not because if they did, we wouldn't hear the end of all the laundry kelsey had to do. Also they would have made bank on cloth dispersing videos by now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Corbin went on this long speech about how dads can handle the children just as well as mom, but what we saw of him alone with june was just him complaining about june crying and then LEAVING the store. That's not handling the child.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

usernamessuck wrote:Corbin went on this long speech about how dads can handle the children just as well as mom, but what we saw of him alone with june was just him complaining about june crying and then LEAVING the store. That's not handling the child.

And every time Kelsey leaves the apartment for a solo activity, Corbin makes a big deal out of the amount of time he was left alone with his own child.

When Kelsey got her haircut a couple of days ago, he made a big deal about being left with the baby for two and half hours, and Kelsey corrects him and states that she was only gone for an hour and a half. He did the same thing when she went to get her nails done with her mom on Mother's Day and when she went to Target with Missy.

He is such a whiny man child. He acts like he's doing her a favor, like he's the babysitter or something. I can't imagine coming home to that guilt-trip. He's the father! Parent your child.

And it's not like this is a constant inconvenience, she leaves the apartment to do something on her own maybe once a month? I can see why she's hesitant to do anything for herself, because he seemingly throws a little fit every time. If he's willing to leave that in the vlog, I wonder what is being said off camera. I'm thinking this is why she hasn't made any friends or had a life of her own since she started dating him. I bet she got a small reprieve when they were long-distance in college, but she hasn't worked or seemingly made any friends since.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My ex was like that. I would ask if he could watch the kids so I could have a haircut, and he would sigh and say "yeah" like I was asking him to do something major. And when I said something about it, he'd say "But I said yes!" Tone is a lot. It got to the point where my girlfriends stopped asking me to go do stuff with them. I would hear about these fun nights out, that I didn't get invited to-- because I always said "I have to see if he can watch the kids"
It's a very subtle from of control. Because eventually you give up asking. I feel bad for Kelsey up there in Portland with no friends and a controlling husband.
You know what is funny? My ex's new wife keeps his balls in a jar on her dresser. Corbin better be careful. Karma's a bitch!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

The sad thing is there's so many comments about what an awesome dad Corbin is when a) all he does is complain about having to look after his own child, and b) Kelsey is the primary care giver all day, every day. What a miracle worker, he took care of his daughter for an hour There's even a comment that says something about how dads aren't meant to look after babies because they don't have boobs! WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I thought it was funny Corbin thought the looks he was getting at Bed, Bath and Beyond were because he's a "great dad." Moron, they were probably looking at you wondering why a grown man is shopping in the middle of the day on a weekday and NOT AT WORK!! He's SO self-centered it's just insane! :roll: :roll:
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:I thought it was funny Corbin thought the looks he was getting at Bed, Bath and Beyond were because he's a "great dad."
It is sad that people don't expect fathers to actually parent their children, as if they're surprised that dads can change diapers, feed, or dress their own kids. But I would think in Portland there would at least be a tiny bit more equality, and it's not weird at all to see a man with a baby...a lot of men are even single fathers. So no, I don't think people would stare because Corbin was being a "good dad," as if they could tell from watching him for thirty seconds that he's the best dad in the world.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're probably staring because he's walking around holding a camera out, talking to it about shipping at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I thought it was funny Corbin thought the looks he was getting at Bed, Bath and Beyond were because he's a "great dad."
But I would think in Portland there would at least be a tiny bit more equality...
Sort of OT, but Portland is definitely not as liberal as people think. In fact, it's probably one of the most racist and whitest cities in the U.S. I grew up there and even lived there a few years as an adult, but it's not as "cool" and "laid back" as people think - well, unless you are a white hipster.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the ... 4c731385c8
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought it was particularly rich that he was accusing other fathers of pretending to be incompetent to avoid taking care of their kids. Corbin complains if he has to watch his own child for an hour, and he refuses to hold down a job that doesn't revolve around exploiting his family on YouTube everyday.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

When are they moving? Is there a definite move going down?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

onbreak wrote:When are they moving? Is there a definite move going down?
They haven't said an exact date and their lease isn't up until December, but I'm thinking it will be more like September. They teased the move for views, and I'm sure they will keep doing it for views. I don't think there is a rush because they have their lease and my guess is DBs is buying a house and that takes time. Kelsey did mention a "trip" next week and my first thought was they are going to SoCal to keep looking at houses, but it could be something completely unrelated.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just realized their trip next week is more than likely Ollie's birthday party. :roll: :roll: :roll:
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

wth was today's video. It was pointless.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

valeryjackson wrote:wth was today's video. It was pointless.
I'm not even going to watch that. They seem so desperate.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I didn't even want to see Corbin's nipples, but here I am.

What a weird video.
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Couldn't get through the whole video, wanted to gag but I bet missy loved it
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was thinking perhaps they can break their lease early if their leasing office finds another tenant at a higher rental price. There was one unit available in their floor plan that was renting for $1,710 per month the other day when I looked.

They could rent a modest house in Missy and Bryan’s zip code for a little more than that a month, but since they have a dog there will be less options available to them. It won’t be new and modern like the Portland studio, and it won’t be walkable. To be honest the house they toured with Missy and Bryan while they were in CA was pretty dated and the floor plan made it feel small, but I bet that’s what you get for $1,700 a month. I think they’ll end up blowing their budget under the assumption that their income will skyrocket once they’re filming with Daily Bumps. I could see them moving into a place they really can’t afford just because Corbin feels entitled to it.

I think they’d be better off looking at town homes at a lower price point with amenities and a small outdoor space. Sure, it’s not the huge yard they say they want, but a small older dog and a baby don’t really need that. Not that they’ve ever been known to take any advice. I still find it humorous that everything we said here about their studio turned out to be true for them. Kind of like how everyone said that having a baby without a car would be unpleasant.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What's up with the super short videos lately?? I didn't even bother to watch today's because they are seriously desperate for content.

As for getting out of their lease, that depends on their lease agreement and the management company. They might have to pay to get out of it, then the leasing company can re-rent it themselves at a higher rate - extra $$ for them! I learned a lot from my last rented apartment before I bought my house. It was a corporate apartment type place and they were total ASSHOLES about getting out of my lease and re-rented my apartment for a lot more than I was paying within days. I certainly think if you haven't even been there a year they are harder on you - but it really all depends.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I would have really enjoyed today's video if Corbin wasn't in it. I think June is so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”