The Dale Tribe

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Dale Tribe

Unread post by olemama »

I spoke too soon in my earlier posts. Jon's parents are departing tomorrow. The bride and groom of the wedding Jon and Anna attended have returned from their honeymoon. But Jon and Anna are still wandering the streets of London. It's all good though as that close-up of the Korean meal they had was a welcome respite from the candy, beans, sausage, bacon, fried eggs they have been noshing on. And they are taking in the museums and bookshops of London which will hopefully broaden Anna's worldview.

What's shaking in Colorado? Well, Aspen, Phoenix, the dog and General Iroh, the cat! Aspen is the energizer bunny of the house as she cooks waffles for everyone, does her summer reading, builds a lego man and constructs a fort out of blankets. It's raining but Phoenix and General Iroh seem up for some outdoor fun. Will it happen? Not a chance! Shae is too busy messing with her hair and make-up and taking selfies, Eli is nowhere to be seen, and Amy is...um..doing nothing!

But a high-five to Aspen and Amy for making an earlier video about the symptoms of T1 diabetes. As a result, a subscriber went to the doc and got diagnosed! Awesome guys!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I'll kick off my synopsis of "Shae picks our outfits " in true Dale tribe click-bait style by announcing that AMY FINALLY TAKES THE KIDS AND THE DOG FOR A WALK!!!! It's true. She hauled her bedraggled butt out of bed after cruisin' Pinterest and Amazon all morning and did it. I hoped she also would take the kids swimming at a ...you know..actual swimming pool but instead Aspen fills a baby pool from the hose and the kids stick their feet in it. Oh well! Then the tribe buys random crap from the Salvation Army store and the Dollar store. In England Jon and Anna are looking at painted ceilings and eating brownies. Exciting stuff, I know!

On the other hand, General Iroh, the tribe's awesome kitty, has a thrilling day when he comes nose-to-nose with a deer in the Dale's backyard!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Caisflame wrote:I like Eli's hair, but as someone who is familiar with colored hair, that's a color that is going to fade fast even with the right upkeep.
Yup, we just saw Eli in the Salvation Army store, looking about as happy as a tick on a zombie, while Shae selected an outfit for him! And his blue hair had faded to pale algae-green!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That was very cool when the deer was checking the cat out. Amy was huffing and puffing when she was walking. She may not be overweight, but she's out of shape.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! Amy is on a roll (heh-heh!). In "Close friends meet..." she takes the tribe to Manitou Springs, CO to play at an old-fashioned penny arcade. And this, after taking the kids for a walk yesterday! Perhaps her trip to the beautician (where her hair looks like it got combed) has given her a new-found sense of purpose. What's next!? Maybe she'll take the kids for a swim. Anything is possible!

Still in London, Jon and Anna navigate the subway system, score some tickets to a musical, meet-up with an internet friend and eat...and eat..and eat some more. Jon does not wear a cap on his head the whole time! Coincidentally he does a good job of vlogging- I think those hats he wears lower his IQ substantially.

We close out the video with Aspen cooking up some low-carb cookies. They look like adobe bricks made from mud and straw. But a gold star for effort, Aspen!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:That was very cool when the deer was checking the cat out. Amy was huffing and puffing when she was walking. She may not be overweight, but she's out of shape.

Yeah, and she supposedly works out regularly which involves leaving the kids alone far too frequently. (My concern is primarily Aspen) Well, she may work out but I think she is a slug the rest of the time! And the clip of the General Iroh and the deer (captured by Shae's vlogging) was terrific.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

The latest vlog by the Dale tribe "Lost Kitty..." should be renamed "WHAT! ME WORRY?!" or "WHAT NOT TO WEAR-SHAE VERSION!". Amy leaves the house while her 14 year old, 12 year old and 10 year old T1 diabetic are fast asleep. Should she worry about a house fire or someone breaking in while she's out? Heck no! Aspen's beloved kitty, General Iroh, is missing outside and not wearing a collar with an id. Should she worry? Why bother!

In addition Shae wanders around in a t-shirt that is so ugly, my eyeballs hurt. And they were just recovering from her horrible sweater yesterday.

Meanwhile, back in England, it truly is the last day of the trip and Jon is slipping- he's back to his cap-wearing ways. He and Anna visit a guy who etches giant dollar bills onto leather and sports a hat even uglier than Jon's! Then it's off to Cambridge where, rather than capture the beauty of the town, Jon vlogs some poor punter struggling to steer a boat in the river. Zzzzzzzz...

But, the good news is General Iroh returns. Thank goodness! General Iroh is a big mover and shaker in Dale tribe vlogs. It sure isn't Amy or Jon!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I rolled my eyes so hard at the whole "our kitty is missing, Aspen is so worried. But I told her that worrying is silly because some things we can't control". What an empathetic thing to tell your child who is worried about her missing pet. Then after all that, "It's ok, because he came back" So by the time she was editing the vlog, she knew the cat was ok. But she had to include blathering on about it anyway.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Nothing like a mind-numbing, sleep-inducing vlog about air travel to remind you how incredibly boring air travel is. In "The tribe is reunited", Jon and Anna are wending their way back to Colorado from England with Jon wearing a travel pillow that looks like a torture instrument he picked up at the Tower of London. Yup, Jon, you are right-that travel pillow is definitely not a good look for you.

Back in Colorado, Amy has wandered off somewhere with a friend with a silly hat, leaving the kids alone again. Aspen and Shae are attempting to make pancakes that look like unicorns and emoticons as some sort of weird youtube food challenge. I confess I absolutely abhor youtube food challenges. Aspen's and Shae's "pancakes" are no exception. The pancakes look like a steaming pile of purplish-greenish....well, you know what! So in watching this vlog, I am both drowsy and nauseated at the same time.

Anyway, Jon and Anna return. Everyone hugs and kisses. And General Iroh, the tribe's awesome kitty, is snug and safe in Shae's guitar case!
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I just looked at their Instagram and it made me realize the videos are about a week behind. Have they ever talked about a schedule? Today's video was filmed a week ago.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Caisflame wrote:I just looked at their Instagram and it made me realize the videos are about a week behind. Have they ever talked about a schedule? Today's video was filmed a week ago.
Not that I know of. Yeah, we really don't know the real time line unless they make reference to something that takes place on a specific date. I noticed on their facebook they posted a picture of Anna and her English internet friend at an art museum a good week before the video was on youtube.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So it's "Back to school shopping" with Amy and the three gals for that sub-standard Christian school they go to - where they go to school 3 days a week and stay home 2 days a week..or is it the other way around?! Don't get me wrong. There are superb private religious schools - just not the one the Dale tribe attends. We are subjected to the monotony of the girls in Target selecting backpacks. A feeling of deja vu comes over me. Weren't they just at the Target near Nana and Poppa's looking at the same backpacks?!

Although Anna's been traveling for 24 hours straight, Amy acts like the one who is jet-lagged. She takes Anna to an art class but hasn't communicated to the teacher that they are showing up! Surprise, nobody's there and the doors are locked. She drives Aspen to the wrong location for a birthday party. Her pearl of wisdom from this-"Always look at the invitation!". Then the tribe roams aimlessly in the mall hunting and gathering clothes while Shae goes to a theatre camp.

Back at home, Jon and Eli are practicing on the trampoline. Does Eli need any back-to-school shopping? Nope! The kid doesn't go to school. Amy "homeschools" him. Wonder how that will turn out?!! Not to worry though-Eli is phenomenal on the trampoline!

And a special rant just for Amy:Get your head out of your butt. You think your children are academic wunderkind because they carry books back and forth unlike "most people". Most children who attend a day school(public or private) go five days a week (unlike yours). They have to haul their rear ends out of bed, get on a bus and get to school on time (unlike yours). In addition to taking math, English, social studies, science they have to take PE, art, music, computer class, possibly a foreign language (unlike yours). And yes, they carry books back and forth every day because they have homework every day including weekends. (unlike yours). Rant over
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Aspen's "Epic day of Fun" starts off with Amy waking up, looking like she's recovering from a night of smokin' Colorado's finest. Aspen and Amy watch TV all morning. Amy finally summons the energy to drive Shae to camp and she and Aspen have more "fun" ambling around the mall eating ChiK-Fil-A. They stop by a paint-your-pottery store; Aspen does a nice job but Amy...? Let's just say Anna's artistic genes did not come from Amy! Then it's more consumption of junk food at the mall. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Jon shows some initiative and takes Aspen to a playground. Unlike Amy, Jon does not have a pathological fear of rain. It was depressing to me that there were no other kids playing at the park but Aspen seemed happy. Then it was back home for Amy's vapid wrap-up of the video. Amy's ennui reached out through the computer screen and depleted my life force so I shut my computer off!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did you see today? Jon made up a word. It was "herpful" that the dog detected Aspen's low (after they already knew it was low and prompted her to check) Then the dog was adorable, wanting to keep checking her. For more treats. Then Any says that they don't want to send Phoenix away because "it's really expensive". And of course, Amy doesn't know what to do for dinner, so they went out.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:Did you see today? Jon made up a word. It was "herpful" that the dog detected Aspen's low (after they already knew it was low and prompted her to check) Then the dog was adorable, wanting to keep checking her. For more treats. Then Any says that they don't want to send Phoenix away because "it's really expensive". And of course, Amy doesn't know what to do for dinner, so they went out.

Amy and Jon lack the intelligence and persistence to train Phoenix ...well.. . to be anything! I was horrified to see Phoenix go aggressively after Cogs, their cat, when Cogsy was sniffing HIS cat treats. (And Jon and Amy laughed at that!) That right there disqualifies Phoenix as a service dog. They have to tether Phoenix indoors because she runs out the door. Phoenix constantly wakes Amy up with whining, probably because she doesn't get enough exercise. And Phoenix was jumping all over Aspen (Jon had to tell her to stop.) Do you really want to have your daughter's well-being dependent on this dog?! The idea is idiotic!!!

And you're so right! Big fat F for Amy for no dinner! Instead they buy snacks for dinner cause Jon says it's healthier than going out! What a moron!

Also kudos to the family friend who says , "Wow, this place is made for hiking! I"m taking my kids out to the trails!" -something which Jon and Amy never do!!!!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So in "Who's Taller" or in my version, "WHO CARES?!!!", I give Jon an A for effort, despite him acting like an obnoxious loon in the grocery store parking lot. He's grillin' up a hot meal that includes VEGETABLES!!! Amy, please take some notes! Then the tribe slowly gets ready to go to a birthday party. Shae, as she has vlogged about a bazillion times, curls her hair. Aspen finds her stuffed Disney toy. Amy puts on a scruffy wool beanie over her tangled hair. And Eli, the parkour and trampoline athlete, crawls out of his lair, looking like death warmed over (especially with his green hair.)

Off they go and ,upon returning, they pick up Anna from work. She bears gifts of junk food from the movie theatre. At home, the tribe scurries off to their warm electronic screens. We leave the tribe for the night glued to that zenith of 2000 year old Korean musical culture, k-pop videos!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I congratulate Jon for producing a nice little vlog "Daddy-Daughter Adventure-Camping" . No prating by Amy. No foolish antics or commentary by Jon. Just a lovely video of Jon and Aspen camping somewhere in the forest near their home. Aspen has a few lows during the night and a nosebleed but it's nothing they can't handle and Jon did not (thank you! thank you! thank you!) turn it into click bait. Job well done, guys!
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by uklaydee »

I have been watching the dale tribe for over a year now, and for a long time they were my favourite vloggers. But sometime during the last few months their vlogs have changed. And not for the better. I agree with a lot of the comments on this thread.

Jon's behaviour at Stonehenge was diabolical. So unnecessary. Also, Anna looked nice in the black dress at the wedding, but Jon looked scruffy, and then made fun of the hats. A lot of weddings are formal occasions in the UK, including the one they attended. Have some respect.

I feel so sorry for Aspen because she is totally defined by her diabetes.

From watching some of their older vlogs I get the feeling that Amy has struggled with depression, and was totally overwhelmed by the responsibility of four kids. I wonder is she struggling again. All her little nuggets of advice seem more like personal reminders to herself than wisdom she is trying to impart.

And finally, does Eli have a bed yet?
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

^^^I don't know if Eli has a bed. I can't remember which vlog had a clip of his bedroom. But I will definitely keep an eye out for it!!
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by uklaydee »

The last I knew he had a sofa in his room and his computer desk set up and not a whole lot else. I think that when Aspen moved into her nook they gave her his bed and he took the sofa that had been in there.

Return to “A-H”