Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DailyToddlerTrappedInPreschool (DailyBumps) - Part 93

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

msrubeus wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

My son has a November birthday so will turn 5 just a couple months after starting prek I'm happy about this for sure. If his birthday fell a couple months sooner I would be concerned about him being behind his other classmates due to age. Missy's concern is valid. Summer birthday kids do tend to struggle in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If his birthday was a couple months sooner, wouldn't he be a couple months older when entering kindergarten, not younger? If he turns 5 in November he will be among the youngest children in the class. Counting forward to the 12th grade, that means he will be 17 when he graduates. So I can't make sense of why a summer birthday would be behind? Are they starting kids a year younger than they used to? Or is the cutoff September and not December?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Cutoff in my state is September 1st. He will turn 6 two months after starting kindergarten.

msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Re: DailyToddlerTrappedInPreschool (DailyBumps) - Part 93

Unread post by msrubeus »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
msrubeus wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

My son has a November birthday so will turn 5 just a couple months after starting prek I'm happy about this for sure. If his birthday fell a couple months sooner I would be concerned about him being behind his other classmates due to age. Missy's concern is valid. Summer birthday kids do tend to struggle in school.

If his birthday was a couple months sooner, wouldn't he be a couple months older when entering kindergarten, not younger? If he turns 5 in November he will be among the youngest children in the class. Counting forward to the 12th grade, that means he will be 17 when he graduates. So I can't make sense of why a summer birthday would be behind? Are they starting kids a year younger than they used to? Or is the cutoff September and not December?

Cutoff in my state is September 1st.

Gotcha, so weird how it varies by where you live. (To repeat what others have said)

Redlining is very popular here, holding kids back, starting Kindergarten at 6 and they turn 7 still in kindergarten... Gives them an edge in academics and sports, I guess.

tvobaby27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tvobaby27 »

My son started Pre-K not even a whole month after be turned 4 and the whole year he struggled. He was not mature enough and he is a wild boy. The teacher, principal and I all agreed it was best for him to do another year. That was last year, and he did amazing! What a difference a year made. He is still wild and crazy and takes a bit to calm down and focus, but he just turned 6 and will be starting kindergarten next week!

I think this will be Ollie, and I think it will be the best option. But I do not see it as an excuse to not treat this year as real school and take him out whenever they please. Even if he does do another year, this first year is still crucial.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk
saltysgirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by saltysgirl »

This is totally random and sorry if this is a stupid question. But with Missy's stillborn did she have to have a c-section for that or was she able to be induced and deliver the baby naturally?
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

saltysgirl wrote:This is totally random and sorry if this is a stupid question. But with Missy's stillborn did she have to have a c-section for that or was she able to be induced and deliver the baby naturally?
I believe delivered naturally.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Was there some faces that were blurred in the preschool room video? I feel like I remember an old man being blurred. If so, does that mean everyone else gave consent??

saltysgirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by saltysgirl »

They definitely have to be reading these forums. Notice how she brought up the part about people calling them out on her all high and mighty requests/concerns she had talked about with the school and then trying to justify and explain it again? I mean unless people are also giving them crap on twitter,instagram,etc. They could be among us.. LOL Also, another completely random question. (I haven't kept of with this forum for the past like 4 months or so) Did whoever contacted that one guy on facebook who said Bryan supposedly hit on him ever get a response back? Just curious and too lazy to go way back and try to find it. hehe My apologies. :D
mamaof2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mamaof2 »

Took me all of five minutes to find the school Ollie will be going to. Scary, considering their "famous" son could easily be tracked down.

Also, I wonder if they're doing half day or full day. Both are ridiculously priced.
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

My youngest sons birthday is the end of the Aug.. He made the cut off by 6 days. When he went to Kinder I said , well if he doesnt do well I will just hold him back and he will do 2 yrs of Kinder .. Well, he did great.. So again when he started 1st grade I thought the same thing. I was not really worried about the academics of it but his social part. But again he did great . In fact the teacher told me if I would have waited to send him to Kinder that first year he would have been so bored they probably would have skipped him up to the first grade. My middle son was an Oct baby so he was always one of the oldest and he did great too. But I think it was best for him to be an older kid in his class because of his social side.. My oldest was a March baby so he was not to old or not to young for each grade.
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

It looks like that school also offers a homeschool track. I could so see that happening next year.

(And FWIW, I was always the youngest and my grade and did fine. My daughter just turned four last week and has been recommended by her preschool to start 4K in a couple weeks. My brother would NOT have done well starting kindergarten right at 5. He was the oldest in his class, which was for the best. It just depends on each kid.)

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

saltysgirl wrote:This is totally random and sorry if this is a stupid question. But with Missy's stillborn did she have to have a c-section for that or was she able to be induced and deliver the baby naturally?
From experience, she was likely induced, or labor started on its own when her body realised her baby was gone. I had both happen to me at early miscarriages, but with full term stillbirth labor I was induced since i was overdue anyway.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Most private schools offer Christian homeschool curriculum.
The cut iff here used to be dec 31.. When my daughter started school it was sept 1. My nephew has an Oct bday and my sister thought he was ready and she had him tested.. Its a test designed for kids to not pass.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

mamaof2 wrote:Took me all of five minutes to find the school Ollie will be going to. Scary, considering their "famous" son could easily be tracked down.

Also, I wonder if they're doing half day or full day. Both are ridiculously priced.
She mentioned on her channel that he'll be going 2 mornings a week just for a few hours

Super_K

Unread post by Super_K »

Like another member of this topic, I too, finally had to make an account to weigh in.

I used to watch the DailyBumps often. I even sent them a birthday card for Ollie back in the day. A card that was featured because it was from overseas.

I found this forum because a lot of the things that are talked about here are a lot of the reasons that I have been watching less and less over the past year or so.

A lot of people have weighed in about their experiences and their own children, but I think we can all come to the general consensus that different kids have different needs. Whether Ollie will start kindergarten "late" or not, really remains to be seen.That seems to have already been discussed at length. Though I am more partial to the Canadian or French systems because we all know that the US has some pretty awful ones, especially in the public sector.

The thing that really bums me out about the current situation is that they don't give the kids a chance. If they are so worried about Ollie not being ready for kindergarten in the future, then why set him up for disadvantage by not setting up a great routine for him. Why not take it seriously? I originally had hopes for them, seeing how seriously they took things like swimming, going as often as they could, working step by step with Ollie and the teacher, practicing at home, helping Ollie learn, grow and master his environment. These are things that I have seen a huge drop in in recent years. It is so heart breaking. These parents could do so so much for their boys, but instead, they are hindering their development at every turn and it is disappointing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

saltysgirl wrote:They definitely have to be reading these forums. Notice how she brought up the part about people calling them out on her all high and mighty requests/concerns she had talked about with the school and then trying to justify and explain it again? I mean unless people are also giving them crap on twitter,instagram,etc. They could be among us.. LOL Also, another completely random question. (I haven't kept of with this forum for the past like 4 months or so) Did whoever contacted that one guy on facebook who said Bryan supposedly hit on him ever get a response back? Just curious and too lazy to go way back and try to find it. hehe My apologies. :D
I messaged him but never got a response. Maybe someone else wants to try again?
Or try the friend?

Don't remember what chapter that was we discussed it, but I'm sure we said the names a lot.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

saltysgirl wrote:They definitely have to be reading these forums. Notice how she brought up the part about people calling them out on her all high and mighty requests/concerns she had talked about with the school and then trying to justify and explain it again? I mean unless people are also giving them crap on twitter,instagram,etc. They could be among us.. LOL Also, another completely random question. (I haven't kept of with this forum for the past like 4 months or so) Did whoever contacted that one guy on facebook who said Bryan supposedly hit on him ever get a response back? Just curious and too lazy to go way back and try to find it. hehe My apologies. :D
Where did she try to justify and explain?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

amyfalafal wrote:
From experience, she was likely induced, or labor started on its own when her body realised her baby was gone. I had both happen to me at early miscarriages, but with full term stillbirth labor I was induced since i was overdue anyway.
They gave her pitocin.

WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

ButterflyB wrote:
Where did she try to justify and explain?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
At about 11:15 in yesterday's vlog (Preschool Classroom Tour)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

mamaof2 wrote:Took me all of five minutes to find the school Ollie will be going to. Scary, considering their "famous" son could easily be tracked down.

Ok. And what are the prices? Image
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

I just happened to pause the vlog at this moment... Missy was talking about Ollie spending the night with Mimi & Papa.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... c05479.jpg[/img]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”