The Dale Tribe

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Dale Tribe

Unread post by olemama »

The Dale tribe's newest video "He's Gone" is a strangely jarring vlog. Amid two genuinely sad events , there are random plugs for CVXLive. Amy is clearly very distressed at the death of her grandmother and the loss of the family's kitty Cogs. Aspen is also visibly upset and is frantically making flyers . But, oh look, Phoenix is eating a bug! And, oh look, the backyard is green! And, in light of the sadness Aspen and Amy are feeling, I thought the question of the day, "What was our first video you watched?" was somewhat off-putting. Anyway, I am sorry for the loss of Amy's grandmother and I sincerely hope Cogs returns.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I watch so you don't have to! I would give the video "Anna's first time..." a negative number rating on the rotten tomatoes scale if I could. Anna gets her learner's permit, a milestone in the life of a teenager, and Jon cannot resist seizing the opportunity to peddle Penzoil motor oil. He can't afford an oil change for his car?!!! Then in the rest of the vlog we are subjected to the torturous tedium of the tribe opening fan mail. More stickers! More candy! Another hat for Aspen! Excitement! (Not). And their kitty Cogsy is still missing,(Sigh)
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I'd like to make another point about yesterday's video "Anna's first time...". In the description box, Jon mentions that he is being compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. What the heck is that?!!! It's a company that hires bloggers to advertise. Big name brands like Walmart or Target or Nestle hire Collective Bias to find bloggers for product promotion under the pretense of family blogging. These bloggers give a veneer of authentic family blogging on what is essentially an advertisement. I think lots of YTMDers are aware and greatly annoyed by this. But it just goes to show that Jon Dale is full of shit and exploits his kids for $$$!
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by uklaydee »

I definitely feel like their vlogs started as a genuine outlet for Amy.

Once the money started rolling in there was a definite change in it all and I do think it probably is Jon driving that.

It is really sad. It seems that once a channel reaches 10k subscribers they begin attracting the sponsors, and once they open that can of worms the authenticity is lost.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

uklaydee wrote:I definitely feel like their vlogs started as a genuine outlet for Amy.

Once the money started rolling in there was a definite change in it all and I do think it probably is Jon driving that.

It is really sad. It seems that once a channel reaches 10k subscribers they begin attracting the sponsors, and once they open that can of worms the authenticity is lost.
I agree totally. After all, Jon is a marketer by profession. (that's what his company Catalytix is all about)
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

In "The road to CVX..." the Dale tribe takes a car trip to a bizarre Youtuber lovefest called CVXLive in Salt Lake City. They are traveling with friends and fellow vloggers "The Bovee Bunch" and Jon spends much of the vlog telling viewers to subscribe to the Bovee's vlog. Now normally I hate it when youtubers do this. It does not make for exciting viewing but ,in this case, he's right!! The Bovees do a much better job of vlogging the car trip than Jon.

If you watch the Bovee's vlog
1) You need not be horrified by the amount of candy the Dale tribe takes for car trip snacks. I know Aspen needs candy or juice to treat lows, but c'mon!! Amy bleats, "We can't help it; our fans send us candy". Do you want your family's teeth to rot out and your other kids to develop type 2 diabetes!!!?

2)Your eyeballs need not be burned out of their sockets by looking at Shae's striped sweater vest thingy that she's wearing. Honestly, that trip to the Goodwill store was a big mistake for Shae.

3) If you watch the Bovee's blog, you get to see some beautiful scenery of the Colorado river and Utah. In Jon Dale's vlog we see ...hmm..Eli hunkered down playing a video game, Aspen hunkered down playing a video game, Anna hunkered down.... The best we get is Shae's capture of the sun setting over a parking lot!

4) If you watch the Bovee's blog, you get to see Anna and Noelle Bovee make fun of Jon's propensity for click-bait titles!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

In keeping with the tradition of the Dale tribe, here is my question of the day: Why does the Dale tribe think that vlogging other vloggers at a convention about vlogging makes for scintillating viewing?? My answer: Beats me!!!

In "CVXLive: Meeting...", the Dale tribe and fellow vloggers the Bovees attend the first day of this weird event. What's surprising is that, despite the words "exciting" and "amazing" the Dales have repeatedly used to describe this event, nobody looks like they are having much fun. It is stinking hot in Salt Lake and the gang spends a long time wandering outside and crawling through chain link fences to find the entrance and registration at the Salt Lake Palace. They finally enter into this huge industrial cavernous space filled with mostly empty booths. Aspen looks exhausted and utterly spent. Anna looks confused. Eli looks bored and Amy looks like death warmed over (probably because her flight from her grandma's funeral was delayed) Shae seems slightly enthused to meet youtubers nobody has ever heard of, but that's about it!

But why should we expect anything different? CVXLive is not about a final fun family holiday before school starts. It's not about swimming, hiking, seeing the sights. It's about business, plain and simple. Jon Dale is looking to increase subscribers, likes, views, comments to make more $$$ and his poor family is being dragged along.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

In "CVXLive:Cute Kids...", the Dale tribe continues to vlog their pointless wandering through the echoing dismalness of the Salt Lake Palace, unrelieved by any interesting sights or sounds. We see Jon fall off a mechanical bull. We see the tribe do a meet-up with their two(?), three(?) fans. Evidently the kids go swimming but we don't see it. Evidently, according to the Bovee Bunch vlog, the tribe went to Temple Square in Salt Lake, but we don't see it. Evidently, according to the Bovees, the tribe visited an amazing water sculpture fountain but we don't see it.

What we do see is Aspen, head down on the kitchen table weeping, mourning the loss of her beloved kitty Cogs who has probably died. Something which we did not need to see.

My condolences to the family on the loss of Cogs.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

The best thing about "Dog Alerts.." is that nobody mentions CVXLive. I was starting to feel a piercing headache whenever "that word" came up so I am thankful to the Dale tribe for not saying "that word". Instead the tribe are engaged in more back-to-school rituals: buying cheap shoddy clothing at Walmart, and throwing a family back-to-school party where they eat junky food, and engage in profound discussions about the meaning of "back-to-school" while wearing silly hats. (I'm not kidding!)

Aspen is busy doing her summer reading that she has been procrastinating on. What's Eli doing for BTS prep? Playing in a computer game tournament! Awesome, Amy! You have a valedictorian in the making here!

Another highlight of the video: Phoenix places his paw on Jon, on Jon's friend, and finally on Aspen. Jon interprets this as Phoenix alerting to Aspen's low blood sugar. Hmmmm...I'm skeptical. I hope Phoenix is worth it because you sacrificed a beloved family pet, Coggsy, to have this dog. Anyway, over and out.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Seriously I am so over cvx live. Even just hearing it is rage inducing. I don't know why but it annoys me so much more than other vlogger events like Playlist or Vlogger fair or vidcon. I don't mind those, but this damn cvx live feels like it's been going on for 2 months.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

^^^^^Rage-inducing!LOLOLOL!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

In the drawn-out vlog "Important announcement" we discover many things. The Dale tribe is cutting back videos to 5 days/week. Good!!! Perhaps fewer vlogs will translate into better content. One of those videos will be live-streaming. Bad!!! We'll be compelled to hear more babbling by the Dale tribe.

The tribe is conceding that Coggsy is dead but they believe they will be reunited with him in the afterlife. (Jon helpfully includes a link to a sermon about heaven by the preacher he works for in the description box.)

Eli is continuing his descent into computer-gaming slugdom by installing a mini-fridge in his room filled with sugary drinks. Amy laughs.

Jon bullshits as much in his sleep as he does when he's awake and he looks worse with his scruffy cap on backwards than forwards.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Today's video "Crazy Dry Ice..." is a bit of a mish-mash and seems out of order. In the last video Coggs, one of their cats, is probably dead, Jon is talking about seeing him in the afterlife and has removed him from the intro. In today's video, Coggs is missing and Amy is debating whether to remove him from the intro. So color me confused. ..Anyway, there's more kitty trouble down at the Dale ranch. General Iroh, their other kitty, is pooping and peeing everywhere. Gee, you change the brand of kitty litter, then everyone leaves for a few days except for allowing strangers (to General Iroh) to come into the house with their strange dog while you are gone. And you are surprised by the kitty's reaction! Boy, for "experienced"?! pet owners, the Dale tribe are a bunch of knuckleheads!

Other highlights: Aspen plays unsafely with dry ice. Eli crawls out of his cave to go a birthday party and socialize with real human beings. And Jon, once again, demonstrates his athletic superiority over a bunch of 14 year boys by shooting basketballs at an arcade!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So in "Back to School:.." Amy has finally realized that she cannot give Eli a high-school education in the basement of her house. She has realized he will need more than computer games, parkour and trampoline to get to college. What to do? Why not plug a worthless online Christian school and get free tuition! I suspect Eli of being functionally illiterate thanks to his parents refusal to avail themselves of resources of their public school system. So good luck with the new school , Eli!!

Amy also burbles about "being kind" and "kindness is legendary" so I'll respond by being really mean. Amy, your hubby Jon Dale promotes a Christian ministry that is anti-gay, anti-women and sexist as hell. Your father-in-law Tony Dale wrote a blog telling Christians to vote for Donald Trump. You live in a county where 8000 people voted for Trump vs 3000 for Hillary and I'd bet real money that you pulled the lever for Mr. T. I think you need to work on your kindness and quit babbling about it!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So it's more "Back to School..." high jinx for the Dale tribe and the peak moment comes at the end when Amy confiscates a book Anna wants to read. (with a laugh,of course!) In an effort to demonstrate the tribe takes education seriously, they show off their purchases from Target (where else?!). See, look, look- we have binders, we have highlighters, our backpacks are heavy- we must be smart!

Evidently, though, they are not smart enough to watch the day's weather report. At a picnic for Aspen's class, everyone is freezing because they have come without sweaters and warm clothing.

And about that book Amy took away, don't worry, Anna. Amy bought a Star Wars comic book that you can read! Happy reading!
spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

olemama wrote:So it's more "Back to School..." high jinx for the Dale tribe and the peak moment comes at the end when Amy confiscates a book Anna wants to read. (with a laugh,of course!) In an effort to demonstrate the tribe takes education seriously, they show off their purchases from Target (where else?!). See, look, look- we have binders, we have highlighters, our backpacks are heavy- we must be smart!

Evidently, though, they are not smart enough to watch the day's weather report. At a picnic for Aspen's class, everyone is freezing because they have come without sweaters and warm clothing.

And about that book Amy took away, don't worry, Anna. Amy bought a Star Wars comic book that you can read! Happy reading!
I love your recaps, only just figured out how to reply

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yes, please keep doing the recaps as long as you can stand watching the vlogs! They're great!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I agree, I don't always reply but I read each one and it gives me a laugh everyday.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So in "Diabetic Milestone...." let's hop on the train to crazy town with the Dale tribe. Too many k-pop videos and too much junk food has melted all their brains to a puddle of ooze.

First Amy squeals like a hyena to get a few decorated cookies from a friend. Then Jon, looking like a degenerate disc jockey, attempts to play scratch music with a google app. What have these two been smokin'? You gotta ask.

Next Jon takes Eli on a dirt bike trail. Not 30 minutes into the trail, Eli crashes, twists his knee, and cuts himself. But Jon pronounces the trip "super fun"! While the guys are breaking their bikes, the girls, their eyes glazed over, are watching Korean soap operas.

Then the tribe is off to a restaurant that specializes in Southern cuisine. Hah! If you believe a mountain town in Colorado can serve up genuine Southern food, I own a bridge in Brooklyn I would love to sell to you. Surprisingly Aspen acts badly. She refuses to test her blood glucose. She doesn't want to prick her finger. So, in an act of tribal solidarity, Jon has all the kids and Amy prick their fingers WITH ASPEN'S LANCET DEVICE!!! Jon, you fucking moron, you never, ever share your lancet device with another person. It is unsafe. (I'm a type 2 diabetic so I know whereof I speak).

The title of your video has the word "milestone". It's a milestone, all right-a milestone of stupidity for the Dale tribe!
spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

olemama wrote:So in "Diabetic Milestone...." let's hop on the train to crazy town with the Dale tribe. Too many k-pop videos and too much junk food has melted all their brains to a puddle of ooze.

First Amy squeals like a hyena to get a few decorated cookies from a friend. Then Jon, looking like a degenerate disc jockey, attempts to play scratch music with a google app. What have these two been smokin'? You gotta ask.

Next Jon takes Eli on a dirt bike trail. Not 30 minutes into the trail, Eli crashes, twists his knee, and cuts himself. But Jon pronounces the trip "super fun"! While the guys are breaking their bikes, the girls, their eyes glazed over, are watching Korean soap operas.

Then the tribe is off to a restaurant that specializes in Southern cuisine. Hah! If you believe a mountain town in Colorado can serve up genuine Southern food, I own a bridge in Brooklyn I would love to sell to you. Surprisingly Aspen acts badly. She refuses to test her blood glucose. She doesn't want to prick her finger. So, in an act of tribal solidarity, Jon has all the kids and Amy prick their fingers WITH ASPEN'S LANCET DEVICE!!! Jon, you fucking moron, you never, ever share your lancet device with another person. It is unsafe. (I'm a type 2 diabetic so I know whereof I speak).

The title of your video has the word "milestone". It's a milestone, all right-a milestone of stupidity for the Dale tribe!
They changed the lancet for each person though.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Return to “A-H”