Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

WTFoxtrot wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Double post, but I just watched the vlog, and oh my goodness gracious. That clip of Cal whining on Ellie's hip was so hard to watch. I think this is the first time that I wasn't irritated by his whining whatsoever, but I just felt so sincerely bad for him. Jeez. He's so clearly distraught and frustrated, you can feel it through the screen, but he doesn't have any words to use. Poor, poor little guy. Image

P.S. I agree with everyone about the water scene. It was ridiculous and gave me anxiety. I know Jared was right there, but they should be teaching him not to go in past a certain point...like, are you kidding me? Now he's more likely to try something similar when no ones there... that's scary as hell.
It was kinda Calvin's fault he was so mad, as Ellie explained it-- he wouldn't get or stay in his car seat, so he didn't get to go with Jared. Like "too bad, so sad.. you want to be a brat & not listen, you don't get to go." However, with that said, I couldn't help but think that maybe there's something wrong with the car seat, like the adjustments are too tight on him & that's why he doesn't want to get in it. With no words to use, he can't relay that to them. They did just say he had some kind of growth spurt, as his church shoes supposedly fit 1 week but were too small the following. It'd be like them to not notice his straps being too tight!

I wasn't quite as nervous about him going in the water with Jared right there as I was when he was off in the distance behind them wandering around the edge of the creek! He was way too far away from them being that close to the water!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Yes, that's exactly what I was getting at but didn't feel like typing another long post! Haha. It seemed to me he was more than just upset because he couldn't go. It seemed like there was something more to it that he wasn't able to say. I don't know why exactly, but I just got the vibe that he was frustrated because he was being misunderstood/felt like he was being treated unfairly. More than just a bratty whine.

But, it is Calvin we're talking about here, after all, so what do I know? Haha
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

lmmomSD wrote:There's a "famous" clip of Daxton Butler going under when they were all at a hotel pool. Everyone had their back to him, except Colette, who was filming Shay doing "tricks" with Avia and Emmi. Colette saw him go under as she was filming, and the panic in her voice was palpable. Although they shouldn't have all had their backs to him, her response was certainly appropriate! My son and I were at a pool party, for one of his school friends, and I was sitting with my legs in the water while he was playing on the steps. He slipped off one of the pool steps, and went under for a second. I jumped off the side, in my clothes to grab him. Just watching, unconcerned isn't how you react. Things can turn tragic so quickly, and you shouldn't let your child be more than arms length away!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Don't mean to get too OT, but since this came up, do you happen to know what that vlogs called? I'd like to see. Image
sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 026710.jpg[/img]

Apparently in Ellie's eyes it's 'So Fun!!' to have your husband home before 5.30pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

What is wrong with Calvin?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie's reaction aside.... this thumbnail really makes my stomach turn.

I wouldn't be able to even look at a pic like this of my kid without feeling sick and like I was a failure. Jared may have been more concerned than Ellie in the moment, but he was shameless and opportunistic using this thumbnail.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 017b5e.png[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie's reaction aside.... this thumbnail really makes my stomach turn.

I wouldn't be able to even look at a pic like this of my kid without feeling sick and like I was a failure. Jared may have been more concerned than Ellie in the moment, but he was shameless and opportunistic using this thumbnail.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 017b5e.png[/img]
Asshole.

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

A child going under water when they cannot swim is incredibly alarming my ex sil little girl was playing next to me beside the pool at my sons birthday party last year, her ball went into the pool she leaned over and fell in I pushed into that water clothes and all so fast and I think I got more of a shock than she did, I was the only adult watching the kids and there were a fair number who couldn't swim, majority of the adults didn't even know something happened because it was just so fast even the kids in the pool werent all aware until I jumped in so heavens forbid no one had been at the pool. I did find out that her lg had started swimming lessons when I went into the house to get changed but her lg was in a state it was clear that even though she had started she was not yet able to bring her self to the service especially in an emergency situation, made me want to get my youngest in lessons this year its so incredibly scary
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I might be of sound mind and logical thinking but to me, it's no joke around water.
Why is he not wearing a floaty?
I'm ashamed to have once been sucked in by them.
WTFuck is wrong with you Jared? Really with that thumbnail, you deserve the shit storm headed your way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

onbreak wrote:I might be of sound mind and logical thinking but to me, it's no joke around water.
Why is he not wearing a floaty?
I'm ashamed to have once been sucked in by them.
WTFuck is wrong with you Jared? Really with that thumbnail, you deserve the shit storm headed your way

I can understand why he wasn't wearing a floaty, they had taken the dog for a walk and I assume didn't plan on swimming. But they shouldn't allow Calvin to go into the water to his hips while they stand on the bank and laugh at him. A slip on a rock is all it takes for him to fall in the water. I'm more alarmed at the fact that before that clip he was so far away standing in the water and Ellie just laughs at the fact that he's wearing his shoes in the water instead of telling him to get out of the water and come closer to where they are.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

It's clear that was a network setup get together and that they didn't know those "friends." They all looked so uncomfortable at the start.

Did Jared make a mistake in the editing of that prank? Ellie revealed the real biscuits, but then later he still gave the Wilky Way (?) guy a cookie with gravy and tried to continue on.... but he already knew? Were they all just trying to pretend and Jared forgot to edit out the middle?

I can't believe how annoying Jared was this entire vlog. Ellie seemed like a composed and responsible adult compared to him for once. Are they trying to copy Missy and Bryan (moody and quiet wife and loud obnoxious husband)? I actually think so. They are usually annoying but this was different annoying.

Plus Cal had that huge smoothie and couldn't even share with Jackson? At least Ellie eventually told him to share, but he wasn't listening to Jared (just walked away) so I doubt he listened to her either unless she went over to him and made him.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Random thought...

I wonder if Jared will mention anything about the terror attack that happened in Finland today? They never talk about current events (I'm assuming because they don't want their vlogs to be demonetized), but he talks about Finland all the time and clearly still feels connected to that country.

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I think it's funny how they have been posting things as if they are a daily vlog that they obviously filmed prevoiusly. Today's vlog obviously happened days ago, as they had that British couple over in another vlog and they were wearing the exact same clothes. I guess it's not LYING, but it's slightly disingenuous.

ETA: I mean, PART of the vlog.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Completely OT, but I just want to share a random observation I made that I found pretty interesting.

Most of the time when I'm at home cleaning or doing emails, I'll have YouTube on the tv on autoplay in the background. Last night, some old E+J vlogs began to play. First, was their 2014 Christmas special titled, "BABY'S FIRST CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE!!" It caught my attention, because of how cute Jackson was (duh), and I thought, "Wow. This is the E+J that I loved/miss."

Anyway, directly following that, their 2015 Christmas special titled, "EXCITING CHRISTMAS MORNING!" began to play. You. Guys. The stark contrast in Ellie between the two videos is completely shocking - with only a year between the two. She is literally a completely different person in each, looks wise of course, but it's the change in her personality that is the most shocking.

If anyone has the time/interest, I would highly highly recommend watching the two in succession (not even the entire thing, because they're both like, 30 min. each. You only need to watch a few minutes from each to get the idea). We obviously all know how much Ellie has changed, but these two vlogs are a prime, shocking example. It's honestly kind of sad...because you can vividly tell there is something deeply...wrong with her, for lack of better words.

I'd love to read what you guys think!
It's complete day and night. The first video, ellie was so engaged, seemed so excited for Jackson and was beaming. The second... first off I don't think Ellie says one word for the first 5 mins of the video. No smile. No excitement. Blank and expressionless. She doesn't get engaged and excited until she starts opening presents to herself. (Of course). It's actually quite sad to see. She looks like the shell of a mother. No excitement for her babies' Christmas. No excitement for her son's first Christmas, and Jackson's first Christmas where he is old enough to understand, and we all know how much fun that is as a parent. I'm convinced after watching this she was suffering from some extreme PPD, it actually makes me sad for her Bc they would not seek help for her, she had to struggle though that with Jared telling her just to be happy and smile more. It's devastating to me that they let her suffer through that. I think it damaged her for life. She's never been the same since Cal was born, and that video was so depressing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:There's a "famous" clip of Daxton Butler going under when they were all at a hotel pool. Everyone had their back to him, except Colette, who was filming Shay doing "tricks" with Avia and Emmi. Colette saw him go under as she was filming, and the panic in her voice was palpable. Although they shouldn't have all had their backs to him, her response was certainly appropriate! My son and I were at a pool party, for one of his school friends, and I was sitting with my legs in the water while he was playing on the steps. He slipped off one of the pool steps, and went under for a second. I jumped off the side, in my clothes to grab him. Just watching, unconcerned isn't how you react. Things can turn tragic so quickly, and you shouldn't let your child be more than arms length away!

Don't mean to get too OT, but since this came up, do you happen to know what that vlogs called? I'd like to see. Image
I'll find it. I am pretty sure I know the title, and I will get back with it and a time stamp.

In that picture of Landon, aren't those bagels and not doughnuts?
So fun.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

So fun to eat in bed after a spoonful of corn and two chicken nuggets

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Shaytards vlog is called "Look What We Found". Starts with them terrorizing this poor duck because they're worried about it being "cold". Swim footage starts about 10:44. Kid doesn't have floaties on, and doesn't "want" anyone helping him. And they allow him to go under a few times before the big "Get Daxton!" screech. If your child doesn't know how to swim, you make sure he knows that he stays right by an _adult_ (not a sibling) and listens, or he doesn't get in the water! They were just laughing- "Oh, he's so independent! He doesn't want help!" Yeah, and he almost drowned, and Colette, after the panic wears off is bummed because she didn't catch it all for the camera. And this is the example that vloggers aspire to.

tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

Matt and Emily are pregnant. I hardly ever look at comments but totally expected to see this : [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... b60b83.jpg[/img]

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

tnchk1187 wrote:Matt and Emily are pregnant. I hardly ever look at comments but totally expected to see this : //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... b60b83.jpg

Holy shit. Their minions are psycho.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

I guess no one is allowed to have more babies till e&j do

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

tnchk1187 wrote:Matt and Emily are pregnant. I hardly ever look at comments but totally expected to see this quote]

I really hope that was a kid that wrote that and not an adult. Also, if you have to write no offense twice it's going to be very offensive!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”