E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Bethypooh51 wrote:So I am sure someone has posted this before but it was a light bulb moment for me. I have been noticing the huge difference between Calvin and Lincoln. Lincoln tries to talk all the time. If you saw today's blog he is jabbering away at Boston just like children do when they are starting to talk. Then I watched E&J and every time Jared asks Calvin a question he doesn't answer or even try to answer in baby jibberish and then Jared ends up answering for him. So I was looking up to see if there was a link between infant torticollis and autism and I found an article that suggests that infants with torticollis may be an early symptom of autism. I am sure someone else has already posted something like this it's just that it finally made so much sense. Ellie removing Calvin because of a screaming fit at the beach house. I have heard Calvin say 3 words, Yeah, Bye and Dad. Perhaps he is a shy child but then why would Jared block the word autism from his comment section. I sure hope that if there is something going on that they get him help. Early intervention is the key!!! Jared that was for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have seen a lot of comments of people suspecting Calvin has Autism or some other developmental disorder. I don't see it at all - and I work with preschoolers with autism daily. I truly think that Calvin is just what we refer to in the preschool world as a quiet observer. He doesn't play much with others but he does play alongside others which is 100% normal for his age and he will include others in his play at times, he doesn't say much but I have heard him repeat or say words when he wants. I think he just prefers to be quiet and as a second child this is also pretty normal. He doesn't show repetitive motions, or behavior, I see no evidence of echolalia or any of the repetitive noises. There's no head banging, emotional outbursts, he doesn't seem disconnected, he looks at the camera in pictures and doesn't appear to avoid eye contact (I know a lack of any one of these symptoms isn't indicative of a child with autism, but combined he shows none of the symptoms that I can see). I mean I've always said that if you look hard enough you can find sensory/spectrum symptoms in every single child out there, especially boys, but they have to add up and I just don't see it.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tintin15 »

littlebaby wrote://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 2d36de.png

She's filling out a bit based on this picture... we're all waiting

She's also bent over and has her arm strategically across her stomach, instead of just sitting right next to the boys. It looks very awkward and unnatural, like she's trying to cover any evidence of a bump. Considering she already has two kids and is very thin, she probably already has a tummy.

Also, the last time she posted a picture that was recent (there's one of her and Bonnie in an ad, which could be months old, so I'm not counting it) that was full body, was August 5th. All other pictures of herself have been her chest and up, or something covering her stomach.

I've found that people I know/know of who want a baby or who are vocally trying for a baby, start to do that when they're pregnant and keeping mum. But I agree with others, I have no idea why they would be hiding it...
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

BaffledByItAll wrote:
I have seen a lot of comments of people suspecting Calvin has Autism or some other developmental disorder. I don't see it at all - and I work with preschoolers with autism daily. I truly think that Calvin is just what we refer to in the preschool world as a quiet observer. He doesn't play much with others but he does play alongside others which is 100% normal for his age and he will include others in his play at times, he doesn't say much but I have heard him repeat or say words when he wants. I think he just prefers to be quiet and as a second child this is also pretty normal. He doesn't show repetitive motions, or behavior, I see no evidence of echolalia or any of the repetitive noises. There's no head banging, emotional outbursts, he doesn't seem disconnected, he looks at the camera in pictures and doesn't appear to avoid eye contact (I know a lack of any one of these symptoms isn't indicative of a child with autism, but combined he shows none of the symptoms that I can see). I mean I've always said that if you look hard enough you can find sensory/spectrum symptoms in every single child out there, especially boys, but they have to add up and I just don't see it.
Did you see the fit he threw in the background of the vlog where Ellie carried him out of the pantry? I am curious to hear your opinion on that if you have. I mean, yes, he is 2. Two year olds throw tantrums when they don't get what they want, of course. But he appeared to be hitting himself in the head, not using any words. It seemed "off".

Honestly, Calvin reminds me more of a deaf child than an autistic one. It's pretty clear he can't express himself for one reason or another and it frustrates him. But then, we see him follow instructions and whatever just fine, so I don't think that could be it either.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
BaffledByItAll wrote:
Did you see the fit he threw in the background of the vlog where Ellie carried him out of the pantry? I am curious to hear your opinion on that if you have. I mean, yes, he is 2. Two year olds throw tantrums when they don't get what they want, of course. But he appeared to be hitting himself in the head, not using any words. It seemed "off".

Honestly, Calvin reminds me more of a deaf child than an autistic one. It's pretty clear he can't express himself for one reason or another and it frustrates him. But then, we see him follow instructions and whatever just fine, so I don't think that could be it either.
Which vlog was that in, I looked but can't seem to find it. But I can say that I have completely typically developing 3 and 4 year olds in my classrooms who throw knock down, drag out tantrums, throw themselves in the floor, hit themselves, bite themselves, hit me, kick me, etc... and it has more to do with not knowing how to handle emotions (or being allowed to generally do whatever they want and rarely being told no) than anything else so a tantrum alone wouldn't lead me to think that. He certainly seems to handle himself well for the most part and doesn't seem to be bothered by crowds when they go places like the aquarium/Disney/etc...

To be clear I'm not saying that there isn't something there and there's always the possibility that signs could show up as he ages, but at this point he's too young to diagnose with a lack of symptoms and there aren't anywhere enough signs that I've seen for folks to be saying he's autistic. It's also important to note that plenty of kiddos are diagnosed very mildly on the spectrum at 3 or 4 and do just fine without any extra interventions.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I have a feeling that if she is pregnant they will wait to announce at 8 weeks. I'm 8 weeks this Friday so ellie will probably be 8 weeks on Sunday or monday

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

My nephew was much like Calvin we were so worried he had autism or something because he wouldn't talk just grunt and point. He didn't really start talking until he was 3 and got into speech therapy. He is a smart teenager now and doesn't have autism.

Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

This is a long shot but I wonder if Jared's sudden motivation to get back in shape is because Ellie is indeed pregnant with their 3rd child and he knows he's gonna need to be in better shape having 3 kids?!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Autism is a spectrum, and I think when people mention the name a lot of people assume low-functioning autism is what's being discussed. I don't think anyone thinks Calvin has that.

I don't even think he has Aspergers.

Some sort of other disorder, yes, but I've yet to come across something that makes me come back and share it.
jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

littlebaby wrote://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 2d36de.png

She's filling out a bit based on this picture... we're all waiting

I usually don't like jumping on the Pregnancy Speculation Train™ early on, but from what you guys have said, I'm sold. Minimally, they've got to be trying.

Any predictions on how/when they'll announce it? I know a lot of us predicted a "labor" day announcement, so what's the next holiday they can self-insert themselves into? Halloween? The autumn solstice? Columbus Day???
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Election day.. Vote yes or no lol

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I just watch today's vlog. The multiple Cullen and Katie shoutouts were....odd?? Are they trolling us? Are they trolling their siblings??
Lirpa79
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lirpa79 »

stylesp1girl wrote:I have been reading everyone's comments regarding Calvin and his speech. I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't or can't speak. I have heard him say quite a few words. He does not use full sentences yet. He is only 2 yrs. 3 months old. I also don't think he is autistic as he kisses hugs and loves to cuddle with Jackson. He smiles and laughs a lot too. I think he's smart and needs to be challenged more. Look at how well he used the toy drill on car and plane. Now, folks have compared him to Lincoln. Yes Lincoln talks more. He is IMO babied more in some ways. He's still in a crib and has a binky!. I hate binky's!
My son is Autistic and loves to cuddle and play with his siblings. He also laughs all the time. Just sayin'! lol

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

Autism is a VERY broad spectrum I have 2 kids on the spectrum my eldest is very reserved started talking before the age of one his IQ is high his social skills however are terrible and he prefers adult conversation etc, my middle son is highly social but squeels, screetches has very bad meltdowns rocks etc, completely different and yet both on the spectrum so I dont think anyone can say Calvin is or isnt its a wait and see game, also with my eldest I could tell he was 'different' from a very young age of around 18 months whereas my middle son only started actively displaying his traits from grade 1 (6)
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

wait Ellie and Jared are coming to westfield topanga? Thats like a 4-minute drive from my house...tempted to go casually see what's going on considering I had made plans to go to the mall on Saturday anyway.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Yesterday's vlogs has less than 65k views on it
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

HelloSweetie wrote:Yesterday's vlogs has less than 65k views on it Image
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 73c1a3.png[/img]

If we take a look inside Jared's brain we see filing cabinets on fire and mini Jareds banging pots and pans trying to figure out how to fix this.

When did E+J peak? During her pregnancy with Calvin or shortly after his birth I'm guessing? I think they're still making more money than we think they are, but still. If they continue to decline at this rate, they'll be in trouble soon. Time for a money* announcement!

*pregnancy ;)

LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

UGHHHHHH!! I am 99% convinced she's pregnant. Between that scene in Bonnie's car, the screenshots of her belly on vacation and her full face on IG she is definitely pregnant and must be at least 7-8 weeks at this point. When was that positive ovulation vlog?
We keep talking about their subs and views going down but maybe they aren't worried about it since they will get a surge of new subscribers and viewers who will follow her pregnancy and birth.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

UNLESS....she is on fertility meds/going through treatment and that is what is causing her to bloat and gain weight?
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

The positive ovulation test vlog was July 31st

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They started losing their adult viewers when they stopped being open. This just happened to be around the same time Cal was born.

They aren't going to change just because she gets pregnant. I think a new pregnancy will bring in some new subs, but ultimately I don't see them getting up that high in earnings again. They have failed to pick up the DB audience for a reason and whatever that is, it was there before Cal too.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”